Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

Match 15776 Hitomi vs. Paul Phoenix

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART XCVII

hitomileifangjannlee.jpg.5ae252d244701f76a0f3dce9e5bfe76b.jpg

In the dining hall of the Freedom Survivor, Paul Phoenix stopped staring at Hitomi long enough to reach out his hand and shake the hands of Jann Lee, Leifang, and Hitomi, herself. He was followed by Marshall Law doing the same. (REF: MARSHALL LAW VS. JANN LEE)  Pai Chan looked on with amusement. Paul paused as Hitomi shook his hand.

“That’s quite the grip you have,” he commented.

“Right back at ya,” she replied.

“Let’s all have a seat and see what they have in store for us,” Law suggested. “I, for one, am really curious to see what El Fuerte has up his sleeve.” (REF: ELIOT VS. JOSIE RIZAL)

Leifang appeared puzzled. “El Fuerte?”

“He is a luchador wrestler, he participated in the World Warrior tournament,” Paul answered.

“He is also an incredible chef,” Law added.

Hitomi marveled.”That is so cool.”

“I also split my time between being a fighter and being a chef,” said Law.

Hitomi’s eyes widened. “Really?”

Marshall Law quickly remembered his friend’s developing crush on the female karate fighter and hurriedly changed the subject. “So, what fighting tournament do you guys participate in again? Was it called Dying to Live?”

“Dead or Alive,” Jann Lee corrected.

“Right. Do you guys enjoy the tournaments?” asked Law.

“I do,” answered Leifang.

“Me too. It is a fantastic way to see how far you’ve come against some amazing fighters,” stated Hitomi. “Although there always seems to be big things going on behind the scenes that distract some of the competitors.”

Paul nodded with excitement. “That happens in our tournament too.”

“Do you guys ever get involved in the behind the scenes shenanigans?” asked Law.

“Not really.” replied Hitomi.

“Us neither,” stated Paul. “We are just after the prize mon… I mean a good challenge.”

“It’s like we are all kindred spirits,” Hitomi proclaimed with a smile.

Paul grinned as well. Sitting with them, Pai Chan was doing her best to hide her annoyance.

“Are you okay, Pai Chan?” Leifang wondered.

Pai Chan attempted a sweet smile. :Yes. I am good. Just listening.”

“This is the first time we have been asked to help save the world. It’s kind of exciting,” admitted Hitomi.

Paul took his eyes off Hitomi briefly as the food was presented on the table. After giving the food a glance, he turned his attention back to her. “I know. I have the same feeling.”

“What is the best you have placed in your tournament?” Law inquired as he took a drink.

“Hitomi was in the finals of the fifth Dead or Alive tournament,” Leifang said with pride.

“Yeah, and then I lost to this guy,” added Hitomi as pointed to Jann Lee.

Both Paul and Law gave Jann a nod of respect.

“None of the Mugen Tehnshin ninjas participated, nor did the previous finalists, Helena and Christie, or the strange m…”

Leifang interrupted Jann Lee. “Don’t you dare discount your victory. There is no evidence that the result would have been any different.”

Hitomi sighed. “Yeah, I would have loved to have had another fight with Kasumi or Ayane. Maybe one day. How about you guys? What is your best?”

“I won the third King of the Iron Fist tournament,” Paul boasted. “I even beat some ancient evil green dude named Ogre.”

“Well technically, after you left he transformed and then Jin….”

Paul interrupted Law’s correction with a sly punch to the ribs.

“Nevermind, it wasn’t important. The important thing is Paul won.”

“That’s amazing,” stated Hitomi.

2087729213_paulandlaw.jpg.6b8a6bbb98a634193ae5ee211c071fbe.jpg

The fighters then spent the rest of the meal talking about favorite and least favorite opponents. When it was done, Hitomi wanted to thank El Fuerte personally for the delicious meal. Marshall Law seized on the opportunity to tee up his friend.

“Paul knows him pretty well. He was just traveling with us when we picked up Pai Chan. (REF: LING XIAOYU VS. PAI CHAN) I am sure Paul can introduce you,” Law declared.

“That would be great,” said Hitomi.

Paul and Hitomi walked toward the kitchen while Marshall Law led the other three fighters out of the dining hall.  (REF: PAI CHAN VS. LEIFANG)

“We have come to pay our compliments to the chef,” Paul announced as he and Hitomi entered the kitchen. “Where is El Fuerte?”

“He had to leave suddenly,” replied one of the chefs.

“Leave? When? Why?” Paul inquired. 

The chef shrugged. “I don’t know. He didn’t say.”

A sharp pain surged inside Paul’s body and he grabbed his chest.

“Oh my gosh, are you okay?” asked Hitomi.

Paul quickly regained his composure and scoffed. “Yeah. It’s nothing. I think it was just something I hate. We definitely need to find him now so I can tell him he needs to lay off the spices.”

Hitomi laughed.

The duo exited the kitchen and began searching the halls for anyone who might know about the whereabouts of the luchador chef. They did not have any luck.

“I hope nothing bad has happened,” stated Hitomi.

“Nah, I am sure he was just nervous to hear the feedback about his food,” Paul guessed.

“Maybe. But, we can’t overlook the possibility that something terrible has happened. Before I came here, Kokoro had to fight off a possessed version of her friend  (REF: KOKORO VS. AOI UMENOKOUJI) and after we arrived I fought an emotionless woman that I later found out was a King of Fighters participant,” Hitomie explained.  (REF: HITOMI VS. KASUMI TODOH) “We have to take potential danger seriously. Although I understand that that might not be your thing”

Paul paused. “Not my thing.”

Hitomi shrugged. “Before we met, Asuka Kazaama told me about you guys. She told me you were a couple of jokers always involved in some get rich quick schemes. And earlier you mentioned prize money.”

Paul was offended. “That is not true at all. I am a serious fighter. I told you I won the third tournament.”

“I guess I kind of figured the ancient green dude you were talking about was angry at you because you robbed his grave or something,” admitted Hitomi.

“I didn’t rob his grave. He was a….” Paul grabbed his chest again.

Loud shouting nearby distracted Hitomi. “Do you hear that?”

Hitomi ran toward the shouting. Paul did not immediately follow. He should have been feeling disappointment in discovering how his new crush viewed him, but instead it was a swelling anger. He was not sure why.  Paul then followed after her.

They arrived at a lobby area where DOATEC security officers were assaulting the bell boys.

“Look at their eyes,” Hitomi called out. “It’s just like the girl that fought Kokoro.”

Paul noticed the security guards all had an orange glow in their eyes.  (REF: ARMOR KING VS. WOLF HAWKFIELD) He could not understand what it meant, yet he joined Hitomi in putting them down to stop the assault.

When the fight was over, Hitomi looked over at Paul and apologized sincerely. “Those were some strong moves. I am sorry. It was wrong of me to have jumped to the conclusion that you were maybe not a serious fighter.” 

Paul did not immediately turn to face her. Hitomi could hear him breathing heavily. When he turned around he had the same glowing orange eyes as the DOATEC security guards.

“I am serious. I am not a joke. And I will make you regret ever thinking that!”

Hitomi regarded him with a mixture of fear and pity. “Oh no, Paul! Not you too.”

I gotta give it to my girl, Hitomi! We're talking about a Karateka who, according to the revised storyline of DOA from DOA Dimensions, fought Ayane to a solid stand still and Ayane herself was completely perplexed to how someone like Hitomi was able to hang with someone who is considered a high level Hanjinmon ninja. Having that said, Paul is definitely no slouch but he is absolutely someone who relishes in celebrating his battles to early before he's won them, case in point when he fought Ogre in his base form and assumed to have won the battle, only to walk away not having fought Ogre in his true form and now is something more of a clown in terms of the storyline of Tekken, believing he's training to fight aliens, not to mention... Paul is past his prime.

For me, Hitomi takes the win here.

On 1/28/2021 at 8:06 PM, RakaiThwei said:

I gotta give it to my girl, Hitomi! We're talking about a Karateka who, according to the revised storyline of DOA from DOA Dimensions, fought Ayane to a solid stand still and Ayane herself was completely perplexed to how someone like Hitomi was able to hang with someone who is considered a high level Hanjinmon ninja. Having that said, Paul is definitely no slouch but he is absolutely someone who relishes in celebrating his battles to early before he's won them, case in point when he fought Ogre in his base form and assumed to have won the battle, only to walk away not having fought Ogre in his true form and now is something more of a clown in terms of the storyline of Tekken, believing he's training to fight aliens, not to mention... Paul is past his prime.

For me, Hitomi takes the win here.

Good to see you on here, RakaiThwei. Thanks for the comments.

In Paul's defense, as Patrickthekid stated he is very strong. Although he is treated like a comedic character, he should get credit for beating the first form of Ogre.

As always for anyone who wants to see them in action

Hitomi

Previously beat: Kasumi Todoh

Paul Phoenix

Previously beat: Balrog

19 hours ago, patrickthekid said:

Paul is insanely strong. Even if Hitomi is a more strategic fighter, Paul will just overwhelm her.

That is my thinking. She is caught off guard by Paul's transformation and will get beat pretty quick. And if he's not holding back I think he'll seriously hurt her.

Another good set-up, Johnny. Looks like this El Fuerte feast storyline may soon be coming to a head. It'll be interesting to see where it goes.

As for the match, while Hitomi looks very skilled and quick, Paul seems quite skilled in his own right and has impressive power. The Soul Edge rage may cloud his focus some and allow Hitomi to get in some good hits, but Paul might just overwhelm her in the end. Shame what Paul may do to his latest crush ...

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.40 - DSkillz
5.00 - patrickthekid
5.00 - Boratz
4.70 - ViceCityMobster86
4.00 - RakaiThwei
3.70 - SSJRuss

FPA Calculation:
6 Total Votes cast
26.80 Total Combined Score
26.80 / 6 = 4.47 Final Rating on the match