UMPIRE

SEASON 7, ROUND 2

Pinhead

Slot: The Team's Dark Secret
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Pinhead at Wikipedia
Official Site: Clive Barker (Hellraiser)

Dark Willow

Slot: The Team's Dark Secret
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Dark Willow at Wikipedia
Official Site: 20th Century Fox

Battle Terrain
Target: The Warrens

Rewatching old Hellraiser movies, I've found one thing interesting about Pinhead is the fact that he can be reasoned with. Simply saying "Hey, I'm not the bad guy, he is," and pointing into a different direction will make Pinhead think "oh shit, this guy really is a bigger sinner than the guy I'm after. Maybe I should go after him."

Naturally, this is a gross over exaggeration, but you get the gist of what I'm trying to say. It's easy to capitalize on a slasher villain that sometimes decides to listen to the victim. Don't know anything about Willow, and I won't act like I will, Buffy simply wasn't for me. Judging solely from what I've read of her, however, I'd say she's very strong. She could definitely do it if she's persistent.

If this was a straight up fight it would definitely be an interesting one, although I think based on books, comics and the movies - I'd give the edge to Pinhead. Most notable in this is that the last book of Pinhead (Scarlet Gospels) kicked off with him murdering most of the magic users on earth to fuel his power in hell.

He's old, crafty and evil beyond belief and is a tempter to the dark ways - I'd say Dark Willow is almost a perfect target for him corrupt further and then destroy or turn into a Cenobite.  

Given that this challenge focuses on the Warrens however, then I'd say its an easy win for Pinhead with a rather graphic chain death, some telekinetic death dealing, or perhaps a nice 2 for 1

I dunno, I mean Willow’s just as capable of dealing out death to them with her own telekinesis, or obliterating them with magical blasts, or draining their life directly, or just controlling their minds and making them kill themselves...

19 minutes ago, C.T. said:

I dunno, I mean Willow’s just as capable of dealing out death to them with her own telekinesis, or obliterating them with magical blasts, or draining their life directly, or just controlling their minds and making them kill themselves...

True no doubting her ability (although still leaning towards Pinhead in terms of raw power and experience).

But in terms of who is most likely to deal out death, who has been doing it for longer, and who is more ruthless, then I'd definitely say Pinhead.

Put it this way, if I was the Warrens in this situation I know who I think I'd have the better chance of surviving against (or at least who'd I'd rather wasn't coming after me).

With the scenario, I could see Dark Willow taking this. I believe that Pinhead is definitely more powerful and even ruthless, but I don't see why he would be going after the Warren's. Dark Willow on the other hand, I could see her having a reason and wanting kill them 

1 hour ago, Culwych1 said:

Put it this way, if I was the Warrens in this situation I know who I think I'd have the better chance of surviving against (or at least who'd I'd rather wasn't coming after me).

I would much rather be killed by Dark Willow in this match.  Willow is one and done.  But getting killed by Pinhead is the death that keeps on giving.

Anyways, I don't know who would win this.  I'd love to see the movie, for sure.  The Warren's have psychic abilities and they are in with the holy side.  They could outmaneuver Pinhead.  Less talented protagonists certainly have.  I could say the same for Dark Willow.

If Pinhead, Dark Willow and the Warrens occupy the same room, then Pinhead is going after Dark Willow - and I don't like Dark Willow's chances in that match-up.

Kind of a toss-up but I'm lean Pinhead.

5 minutes ago, Boratz said:

With the scenario, I could see Dark Willow taking this. I believe that Pinhead is definitely more powerful and even ruthless, but I don't see why he would be going after the Warren's. Dark Willow on the other hand, I could see her having a reason and wanting kill them 

If I recall correctly dont the Warrens have a bunch of haunted stuff. I can easily see a scenario where they had the Lamentation Configuration which opens up the doorway for Pinhead to pop through and do his thing. 

2 minutes ago, Fox said:

I would much rather be killed by Dark Willow in this match.  Willow is one and done.  But getting killed by Pinhead is the death that keeps on giving.

Anyways, I don't know who would win this.  I'd love to see the movie, for sure.  The Warren's have psychic abilities and they are in with the holy side.  They could outmaneuver Pinhead.  Less talented protagonists certainly have.  I could say the same for Dark Willow.

If Pinhead, Dark Willow and the Warrens occupy the same room, then Pinhead is going after Dark Willow - and I don't like Dark Willow's chances in that match-up.

Kind of a toss-up but I'm lean Pinhead.

Agreed, all three in the same room and it could well be chains for everyone. Dark Willow I definitely see as a candidate for transformation into one of Pinhead's horrific Cenobite's.  

In my memory, Dark Willow is very lethal, and very quick to kill. If memory serves, the death scenes in Hellraiser are long and drawn out. Just going by that, and the fact that both beings are kill-on-sight type monsters, Willow might have the edge, but I'm not so sure honestly

1 hour ago, Peypeypeypey said:

In my memory, Dark Willow is very lethal, and very quick to kill. If memory serves, the death scenes in Hellraiser are long and drawn out. Just going by that, and the fact that both beings are kill-on-sight type monsters, Willow might have the edge, but I'm not so sure honestly

Pinhead has been shown to do both; depends entirely on the context (i.e. whether he wants to corrupt, convert or kill). In this situation the scenario is kill so he could do that quickly with anything around him or his chains (as shown above) or, if using the strongest form which was unbound from hell, huge explosions. 

1 minute ago, Boratz said:

Not what I was expecting on this one 

It was an excellent match discussion.

While I did vote for Pinhead myself, there is no doubt that Dark Willow is a strong contender here and could also reasonably take the match. 

Just now, Fox said:

It was an excellent match discussion.

While I did vote for Pinhead myself, there is no doubt that Dark Willow is a strong contender here and could also reasonably take the match. 

My thoughts as well. Except for the voting bit, and I think any thought of it "easily" going to one or the other is a bit silly. 

7 minutes ago, C.T. said:

My thoughts as well. Except for the voting bit, and I think any thought of it "easily" going to one or the other is a bit silly. 

Ok, maybe not easily (I'm allowed to be bitter 😆), but I'm definitely convinced that Pinhead should have taken this. In later comics and books he was a planetary level threat. 

• Like 1