Rumble 20541 Batman (Nolanverse) vs. Judas Breed
MATCH SCORE
Batman: 2
Judas Breed: 0

Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Match 15606 Momiji vs. Vega

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART LXXXX

130314764_Jinphone.jpg.8e26b11669b1ec34edf1a6e6c99dd41d.jpg

In a Mishima Zaibatsu laboratory, Ayane and Nina Williams engaged in battle outside an operating room. (REF: AYANE VS. NINA WILLIAMS) Nina grabbed on to one of Ayane’s arms and wrapped her legs around Ayane’s body forcing the kunoichi to the ground. Nina pulled back on the arm trying to break it, but Ayana broke free of her grasp. 

The threat of a broken arm caused Ayane to take the fight more seriously. She twirled around Nina Williams while at the same time spinning in circles to disguise her attacks. Ayane landed several hits and kicks as Nina struggled to keep up with the young ninja’s quickness. Ayane followed up this plan of attack with a flurry of combos that knocked Nina on her back.

Nina stood up in a crouched position and wiped blood from her lips. “A few lucky hits, nothing more.”

“I could bring this entire building down on you, but that’s not the mission,” Ayane declared.

Nina lunged at her in desperation. Ayane jumped into the air and over Nina’s head. She came down with a crushing kick on Nina’s head that again put the hired assassin on the ground. This time Nina did return to her feet.

Ayane entered the operation room. She took down the surgeon with a quick elbow strike before he could scream. She then approached a metal plate covered with the glowing shards extracted from the blonde fighter on the operation table very cautiously.

Ayane could feel her worst impulses being tugged at by this mysterious power. Ryu Hayabusa was right to be wary of it. Her mission was only to stake out the Mishima Zaibatsu, but Ayane decided to take the shards with her. She did not want to touch the shards directly. Ayane cut off a piece of her robe and wrapped it over the shards. She heard the sound of voices approaching and disappeared in a cloud of purple butterflies.

Jin Kazama and Rolento stepped into the lab.

“What happened here?” Jin wondered as his eyes immediately went to Nina Williams knocked out on the ground. Realization set in and he immediately made his way to the operation room.

Jin shouted in frustration and slammed his fist against the wall.

“Where did it go? Who took it?”

Jin turned his fury on Rolento. “Were you involved in this? Were you a distraction?”  (REF: ROLENTO VS, BAYMAN)

“No sir!” Rolento answered.

Anger swelled up inside Jin. “Are you lying to me?”

“I am a soldier. Honesty and integrity are integral to my very being,” insisted Rolento.

Jin looked skeptical as Zaibatsu security entered the lab. The security aimed their guns at Rolento waiting for the order.

Nina Williams sat up and massaged her forehead. “If they were in on it together, they would make very strange bedfellows.”

“Who attacked you? How many were there?” asked Jin.

“Just one ninja,” Nina admitted with some embarrassment. “She was after the Soul Edge shards.”

“A ninja from G Corporation?” Jin inquired.

“Not sure. I wouldn’t put it past Kazuya,” Nina answered.

“I will prove my innocence,” Rolento insisted. ”Let me track the criminal and bring her to you,”
Jin considered this offer for a moment. He nodded and then looked down at Nina as she rose to her feet. “You can still fix your mistake. Go with the General here and make sure he keeps to his word. Find the thief and bring her and the shards back to me. You may use the Zaibatsu database to help ID our mysterious intruder.”

“Yes sir,” said Nina. “I am looking forward to round two.”

Jin’s cell phone lit up and he answered it to find Eddy Gordo on the other end.

“Eddy! Have you begun the journey to Japan yet?” Jin asked.

“Not exactly. We had a setback,” admitted Eddy. “Our new found friends never made it to our meet up location, and we just found out why.”

The Brazilian Martial Arts champion gazed over at his friend Christie Montiero who was tending to the battered and beaten body of Laura Matsuda. 

“That crazy girl infected one of our friends with whatever was possessing her. (REF: LAURA MATSUDA VS. KATARINA ALVES) I don’t know if you interacted at all with Katarina Alves at the last tournament, but she was taken over by the same blind rage just by carrying the girl,” Eddy surmised. “The girl is still here, but Katarina has vanished after delivering a savage beating to poor Laura here.”

“I see,” said Jin.

“We still want to bring her to you, but we are a little nervous about how to transport her there without infecting either myself or Christie,” stated Eddy.

“I understand,” replied Jin.  “Nina warned me about situations like this when she brought in another host of the shards. (REF: WHIP VS. IVY) I will send some men from the Zaibatsu with the proper equipment to transport the girl. ”

“Ok. Let me give you our coordinates.:”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

198030240_AyaneandMomiji.jpg.a01ca7427a718dd8ae251e756c55305b.jpg

Vega, one of the four Heavenly Kings of Shadoloo, walked through its headquarters, not with his usual effervescent confidence, but instead with thinly veiled annoyance. He had been summoned back to the base by M. Bison himself.  Vega wanted Bison to make up his mind on their plan of attack. He was originally ordered to hunt down fighters from the King of the Iron Fist tournament. (REF: VEGA VS. MIGUEL CABALLERO ROJO)  After killing Miguel Rojo, he was told to recruit more men for this mission. (REF: CRAIG MARDUK VS. HAKAN) Balrog could not be counted on after he was arrested during a charity fight.  (REF: PAUL PHOENIX VS. BALROG) Then he was told to investigate an incident that occurred in a small village. (REF: LUONG VS. JURI HAN) Once he was halfway to his destination, Vega was summoned back to Thailand.

The Spanish killer entered into a room where Bison stood, flanked by three of his dolls. In front of him were four water tanks all with women inside, connected to tubes and breathing apparatuses.

“What is this?” asked Vega.

“They are the key to obtaining Soul Edge,” answered Bison.  “All four of them are warriors from the past. Their lives have been extended exponentially by just ingesting small fragments of the sword,” Bison smiled. “There are many more like them scattered all across the globe. I’m not sure how many exactly, but I will find out and I will capture them all and bring them here”

“You know how to find them?” asked Vega.

“The fragments of Soul Edge emanate a very specific energy signature. Now that I know what signature is, I can track it,” Bison explained.

“Would you like my assistance in this hunt?” Vega inquired.

“No. Recent events have proven to me that the best course of action is to do it myself. The dolls will accompany me and we will get the job done,” said Bison. “What I need from you is to protect the four that I have collected already. I obtained them outside of a Mishima Mausoleum. (REF: YOSHIMITSU VS. RYU HAYABUSA)  I would not be surprised if the old fool is also after Soul Edge to extend his own life. He could make a move at any time to acquire them. I can’t keep straight who in that family has control of the Zaibatsu at any given time, but Heihachi has always been a man of great resources.”

Vega gently caressed the back of his metal claw with his left hand. “If he is foolish enough to come here, it will be the last mistake of his life.”

“Also, if there is anything we can take from Balrog’s disgraceful capture  (REF: ASUKA KAZAMA VS. SAKURA KASUGANO) it is that soon Chun Li and those other tiresome meddlers will make their presence known as well,” Bison reasoned.

Vega nodded as Bison turned to leave with the Shadoloo doll, Fevrier, following closely behind him.

“What about Raiden and Hwa Jia?” wondered Vega.

“I no longer have any interest in King of the Iron Fist tournament contestants. Not with this new knowledge in my hands. You can bring them here for backup…. if you think you will need it.”

A few hours later after Bison’s departure, the Shadoloo headquarters were infiltrated. But, not by anyone that Bison had suspected.

The Dragon Shrine maiden, Momiji, successfully darted her way through the hallways of Shadoloo. Her reconnaissance mission was almost complete, as she made note of the size and security of Shadoloo.  (REF: RACHEL VS. SHURA) The last thing she needed to do was locate the four warriors captured by Bison. Momiji searched around anything resembling a cell, but to no avail. Then she made her way to the science division. There was no shortage of nefarious projects being done by Shadoloo that pulled at Momiji’s attention. She remained focused on the task at hand and relief scattered across her face when she saw the familiar faces of Taki and Seong Mi-Na in water containment tubes.  (REF: SEONG MI-NA VS. MOMIJI)

Before Momiji could plan her escape from the facility, she felt a presence closing in on her. She lifted her naginata blade just in time to block a nunchuck attack by a Chinese woman with short black hair and an opera mask. Momiji went on the defensive and blocked attempted kicks from her attacker who was one of Bison’s dolls, Xiayu. Once an opening presented itself, Momiji turned the tables and went on the offensive striking Xiayu twice with her naginata. She knocked Xiayu’s nunchucks out of her hand and then launched the Chinese fighter into the air. Momiji unleashed a flurry of kicks on Xiayu while she was still in the air and followed her to the ground with a devastating fire attack. 

Momiji hoped the brief skirmish would not bring too much attention to her, but those hopes were soon dashed as Vega stepped into the room. 

Vega gazed down at Xiayu with disgust, “I have always thought the dolls were useless. I do suppose there is some use in them as human alarm systems.” He turned his attention to Momiji. “And what do we have here? A beautiful flower to be sure.” Vega placed his mask over his face. “Nonetheless a beautiful flower that needs to be culled and cut down because it is blossoming in a place that it does not belong.”

I'm really liking the way you keep the continuity going with these Gaining an Edge stories, Johnny. I figured Ayane would make fairly short work of Nina. 

As for this match-up, Vega is definitely, quick, skilled, and ruthless, but Momiji just seems like she's about on another level of speed and power judging from looking her up, being a disciple and ally of Ryu Hayabusa and all. She might almost comfortably win this.

Just watched the videos you uploaded. I’ve always found that the best fighters to pick are the ones with the best set of attack combos and from what I saw Momiji combos were more fluent, faster and caused more damage. Usually I prefer Street Fighter games for the better ultra moves, in this case I’ll vote for Momiji due to being more impressed with her combos and fighting style.

This part 90? If so, then the roman numeral is wrong. Should be XC.

As for this part, it is very good. One of your better entries as of late. Big things are coming I feel.

Based on their combos and play style, I gave Vega my vote. Seems like I was wrong lol.