Slot: The Team's Disney Fairy Tale Villain
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Captain Gantu at Wikipedia
Official Site: Walt Disney Pictures

Battle Terrain
Disney Villains: Turn Elsa to the dark side

Gantu followed a code of conduct, and if I recall correctly he's not even evil. He only wanted to get Stitch back in prison which at the beginning of the movie was a totally valid thing and not evil at all, dude was only following intergalactic law. Chernabog, however, is the purest representation of evil in Disney Canon according to pretty much everyone. If there's anyone that can make sure Elsa turns to the dark side, it's him.

I like Chernabog's chances here.  He is a legit major devil which would seem to have the powers needed to manipulate Elza's world and seduce her to the dark side.

Of course Gantu has the alien hi-tech in his corner.  He's probably got his own ways to accomplish this.

I'm giving the sorcery the edge over science here.

Tough break for Gantu. But I think I have an angle...

I don't think anyone of sound mind and body would follow the advice and influence of Chernabog. Look at him, totally evil and scary. I don't think Elsa would be afraid of him but she might see him as a threat to her family and livelihood.

Gantu on the other hand, doesn't look like an evil guy. He's stern and rough and all about law, but I could see a scenario where Gantu tells her that her and Anna's lives are in danger from a galactic threat and they go and wipe out some alien race or more likely imprison them.

Gantu is the realistic choice.

2 hours ago, SSJRuss said:

Tough break for Gantu. But I think I have an angle...

I don't think anyone of sound mind and body would follow the advice and influence of Chernabog. Look at him, totally evil and scary. I don't think Elsa would be afraid of him but she might see him as a threat to her family and livelihood.

Gantu on the other hand, doesn't look like an evil guy. He's stern and rough and all about law, but I could see a scenario where Gantu tells her that her and Anna's lives are in danger from a galactic threat and they go and wipe out some alien race or more likely imprison them.

Gantu is the realistic choice.

I actually agree with this perspective somewhat. Chernabog is so big and obviously evil that Elsa would steer clear of him because he looks like Satan and dances around with demons. I also seem to remember the church bells and holy song putting Chernabog to sleep, so Anna showing a loving act to evil Elsa may well break Chernabog's control anyhow. However, the real issue with Gantu is that, like previously mentioned, he isn't evil at all. He's actually probably the most moral of the Disney villains in this tournament. At worst, he's like lawful neutral. Chernabog would almost certainly fail, but Gantu is morally opposed to the category essentially. So Cherny still gets the win I reckon 

As already stated Gantu is not evil so I don't see him successfully turning anyone permanently evil.

But picture this, Night on Bald Mountain echoes throughout Arendale. Chernabog arises and sets fire to the far northern kingdom and unleashes his ghouls and demons to terrorize the common folk. This would inspire rage and hatred inside Elsa and she would have to tap into all of those emotions to unleash her full power to defeat him.

"Let the darkness consume you!"

1 hour ago, JohnnyChany said:

As already stated Gantu is not evil so I don't see him successfully turning anyone permanently evil.

But picture this, Night on Bald Mountain echoes throughout Arendale. Chernabog arises and sets fire to the far northern kingdom and unleashes his ghouls and demons to terrorize the common folk. This would inspire rage and hatred inside Elsa and she would have to tap into all of those emotions to unleash her full power to defeat him.

"Let the darkness consume you!"

Or, it would galvanize her to turn on Chernabog and fight him off (and probably win)

21 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Or, it would galvanize her to turn on Chernabog and fight him off (and probably win)

I don't know man, Chernobog is considered to be the leader of the Disney Villains bunch and that puts him above Elsa by a lot if we scale him to the others villains.

5 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

I don't know man, Chernobog is considered to be the leader of the Disney Villains bunch and that puts him above Elsa by a lot if we scale him to the others villains.

Gonna need a source for that. I have found nothing that says that he's a leader at all. He's considered the purist form of evil in Disney, but he's in no way in charge or even more powerful than any of the other villains. Going by feats, Elsa bodies Cherny. 

EDIT: I also disagree with the premise. Freezing an entire country casually is just about above anything that any Disney villain has done, powerwise. Maybe Maleficent could beat her, but Elsa's power is certainly in the upper tier of Disney characters, at least using the regular Disney movies as the primary sources. Hades might be more "powerful," but he doesn't have any considerable feats to match. 

2 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Gonna need a source for that. I have found nothing that says that he's a leader at all. He's considered the purist form of evil in Disney, but he's in no way in charge or even more powerful than any of the other villains. Going by feats, Elsa bodies Cherny. 

You're right, that is apparently what I had in my mind when making the post but my brain for some reason assumed that meant he was the leader. He does appear to be the leader of the Disney Villains bunch in this specific book series, nonetheless. Whether or not it's canon is another story.

Haven't seen Frozen, but I wanted an entity to try to turn someone permanently evil, I'd bet on the entity that's said to be essentially the personification of evil as opposed to one that does what he does merely because it's his job.

46 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

Haven't seen Frozen, but I wanted an entity to try to turn someone permanently evil, I'd bet on the entity that's said to be essentially the personification of evil as opposed to one that does what he does merely because it's his job.

Well, that's a strong line of reasoning, certainly.