Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

Match 15438 Ayane vs. Nina Williams

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART LXXXVII

526x297.jpg.4618698deca2a3c3fb0e7b428e0d28b6.jpg

At the Mishima Zaibatsu, Jin’s meeting with Rolento Schugerg was interrupted by an employee’s voice coming across his phone’s intercom. 

“Sir, Eddy Gordo is on the line. He says he has something strange he wants to discuss with you.”

“It’s been a strange day. Patch him through,” stated Jin. “Hello Eddy, what can I do for you?”

“Hey Jin. I was hoping you might be able to help with something,” said Eddy.

“What would that be?” Jin inquired.

“There was an attack at the Brazilian Martial Arts tournament by a female capoeira fighter from Africa,” Eddy explained. (REF: CHRISTIE MONTIERO VS. ELENA)  "Christie believes she was possessed by something. I think I agree with her. It wasn’t the devil gene or anything like that, but she was giving off some serious malevolent vibes and her eyes had an eerie orange glow.”

The last part caught Jin’s attention. “Did you say an orange glow/?”

“Yeah. Does it ring any bells. I figured if anybody may know about this stuff it would be you,” stated Eddy.

“It does sound like it could be related to something I’m currently researching right now,” said Jin. “Where is this attacker now? “

“She was carried out of the stadium by a couple of associates of ours after Christie knocked her out. (REF: LAURA MATSUDA VS. KATARINA ALVES)  We did that so we could avoid her ending up in a prison down here. Christie is really worried about this woman,” informed Eddy.

“Can you bring her to the Mishima Zaibatsu? I will have my people look at her, and see if they can’t restore her to a normal state.”

Eddy exhaled with a sigh of relief. ““Will do. Thanks Jin. I knew you would be the right person to call.”

“I will see you soon.” Jin hung up the call and returned his attention to Rolento who sat silently across from him during the exchange.

“Rolento, you wondered what sort of savage would commit the violence you witnessed upon your recruits and the Tekken Force. (REF: ROLENTO VS. RALF JONES)  We may soon get our answer. I believe the same thing that has infected this woman infected whomever was responsible for that massacre,” Jin suggested.  “You can get some closure, and I can get some more information on the weapon that will help me cleanse my bloodline.” 

The look of satisfaction on Rolento’s face was immediately changed to one of confusion after Jin’s last line.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1124156160_unnamed(3).jpg.677be13137aa7564cf71016721a0b3fc.jpg

A couple hours earlier, Ayane arrived at the Mishima Zaibatsu to carry out the mission given to her by Ryu Hayabusa. (REF: RACHEL VS. SHURA) The killer kunoichi was there to see if Nyotengu’s words were true. Was Jin Kazama really housing one of the ancient warriors  connected to Soul Edge? Ayane didn’t trust the tengu princess, but she agreed with Ryu’s assessment that it was worth investigating.

The security cameras were more prevalent and the security detail more abundant at the Mishima Zaibatsu than Ayane had ever dealt with before. Even DOATEC’s security wasn’t this tight. Ayane managed to sneak and evade her way to a perched position just below the rafters of the building. She gazed down to get her first good luck at the leader of the Zaibatsu, Jin. He was conversing with a blonde military type in tight black leather and a muscular Russian man sporting a red beret. She followed at a safe distance as they went into a laboratory. Something inside was of great interest to them. Ayane wondered if this was what Nyotengu was referring to.

A fourth person came into the laboratory, a woman in a black business suit and crimson colored hair tied together in a long ponytail. She had the look of a fighter. Ayane was intrigued by the eclectic mix of muscle that Jin was surrounding himself with. This fourth person didn’t stay for long and after being handed a device from the blonde woman in the room, she left the laboratory. (REF: BENIMARU NIKAIDO VS. CRIMSON VIPER)

An alarm blared through the Zaibatsu. Ayane watched silently as the Russian in the red beret and every security guard around made their way to the front of the building. (REF: ROLENTO VS. BAYMAN)  Ayane wondered for a moment if attacks on the Mishima Zaibatsu were common. The enterprise had a notorious reputation and a well known blood feud with the G Corporation. Whatever the reason, Ayane hoped this new distraction would lure Jin and his companion out of the lab so Ayane could inspect what’s inside. She focused her attention back on the duo, but they did not appear to be in any hurry to find out what was going on at the Zaibatsu entrance. After a few minutes, the sounds of exploding grenades changed that and the two walked out of the lab with purpose.

Ayane jumped down to the ground and walked up to the window that had been holding Jin Kazama’s attention. It was a window into an operating room. Inside the operating room, a small group of scientists and doctor were extracting glowing orange shards from a woman’s body. (REF: WHIP VS. IVY) Even from outside the operating room, Ayane could feel the strong negative energy emanating from the shards. This is what she was looking for. Nyotengu was correct. Ayane decided to make her move, but stopped herself before she opened the door.

“Where do you think your going?” called out a voice behind her.

Ayane disappeared in a smoke of pink butterflies and reappeared next to the blonde woman in black leather that had earlier been by Jin’s side.

“You ninjas are not nearly as sneaky as you think you are,” Nina Williams said with disgust. “I felt you watching us. I was just waiting for you to make your move.”

“I am taking that woman and the Soul Edge shards with me,” Ayane declared.

“Really, so that’s what your after. If I would have known that I would have said something to Jin.” Nina chuckled. “I figured you were just some two bit assassin hired by my sister so I elected to leave him in the dark.” Nina walked closer toward Ayane. “Is that sideshow happening at the front of the building your doing too?”

Ayane shook her head. “I am just here for what’s in that operation room. And I will be taking it now. Unless you want to get hurt, I would suggest you run along and go help your boss.”

“I’m afraid I can’t do that.  You want to take what I have already collected. She belongs to me,” Nina retorted. (REF: SETSUKA VS. NINA WILLIAMS)

“Then prepare!” Ayane announced.

Another good continuation of this arc, Johnny. 

Looking up both characters, it appears Ayane is the quicker and overall more powerful of the two petite assassins. She probably wins this scuffle and may get her first good look at the Soul Edge shards. What happens after that, I'm not sure.