Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

5:8 - Nightwing vs. Sabretooth

UMPIRE

SEASON 5, ROUND 8

Nightwing

Slot: The Team's Mid-Level Superhero
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Nightwing at Wikipedia
Official Site: DC Comics

Sabretooth

Slot: The Team's Mid-Level Superhero
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Sabretooth at Wikipedia
Official Site: Marvel Comics

Battle Terrain
Combat Terrain: Mount Doom

37 minutes ago, C.T. said:

I don't know if Grayson has enough for this fight, moreso in this locale. He can't really use the environment to his advantage as much as in, say an urban one. 

I was actually thinking the opposite. The terrain gives him a win condition where he previously didn't really have one, and from what I know of the two, he's likely quicker and is definitely more skilled, so I would go with Grayson

22 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

I was actually thinking the opposite. The terrain gives him a win condition where he previously didn't really have one, and from what I know of the two, he's likely quicker and is definitely more skilled, so I would go with Grayson

Mh, yeah, throwing Victor down into the volcano could work, but that's easier said than done. Victor could try to do the same. Nightwing is definitely more skilled but I don't think he's quicker, honestly.

Nightwing definitely doesn't do enough damage to counteract Sabertooth's fast acting healing factor and that's something that's needed if he wishes to be the one to push Sabertooth within the volcano and not get himself pushed in instead. On top of that, Sabertooth's physicals (more so strength than anything) are above Nightwing on average showings as well as having adamantium laced claws that could do a LOT of damage if they were to hit Nightwing. With that said, I can definitely see some writers give this win to Nightwing cause he has faced similar characters, but none of them have the adamantium which is a tipping point for me.

Doesn't Nightwing carry the same kind of equipment that Batman has? Wouldn't he carry something like a taser batarang or am incendiary batarang? I figure if Dick realizes that Sabertooth has a healing factor, then he pulls out all the stops.