Rumble 20541 Batman (Nolanverse) vs. Judas Breed
MATCH SCORE
Batman: 2
Judas Breed: 0

Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Match 15244 Lei-Fang vs. Li Xiangfei

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART LXXVII

c46e39390b5746ce3636166f2eb02afa.jpg.be87fdfbf27659d68932eca889071231.jpg

*FLASHBACK*

Shermie stood up, walked past Mature and Vice, and followed Urien out of his conference room.  (REF: SARAH BRYANT VS. MATURE)  In the back room, Kasumi Todoh and Li Xiangfei stood at attention. The sight of the two women standing like soldiers staggered Shermie for a moment.

“Do you know these women?” asked Urien.

“Only by appearance and reputation,” stated Shermie. “I know they participated in some of the King of Fighters tournaments. But, we never crossed paths.” She walked up to the pair and they did not react.

“What’s wrong with them?” Shermie asked.

“Absolutely nothing, they are behaving as programmed,” Urien answered.

“Programmed?” Shermie repeated.

“The more accurate term would be brainwashed really. Not in a dissimilar fashion to the methods used by M. Bison and Shadoloo to create his dolls,” explained Urien.

“Why are you showing them to me?” Shermie wondered.

“I originally came across them when they were brought to me by Geese Howard. He had them kidnapped in Southtown and delivered to me. My brainwashing of them into obedient soldiers was a sort of a display for him of my considerable power and reach.” Urien walked by Kasumi Todoh and admired his handiwork. “It worked and Geese came onboard to help me realize my dreams. I even offered them to him as underlings for his missions, but he declined. Apparently having unwilling servants is beneath his code. He wanted to recruit riffraff like Billy Kane, but to each their own.”

“So you are showing them off to me because I know who they are, so that I will respect your power?” Shermie guessed.

“Well, yes, and also to offer their services to you for your mission. Think of them as an emergency glass to break when needed and all you will need is this.” Urien presented a small controller with a red button to Shermie. “Cliche, but it will do the job. Press the button and they will go into attack mode. Up until that point they will blend in undercover while you are completing your objectives.”

“What exactly is this mission that you want my help with?” Shermie inquired.

“You are going to work for DOATEC as a personal assistant to Helena Douglas…: (REF: BONNE JENET VS. CERVANTES DE LEON)

*PRESENT TIME*

Hitomi juggled Kasumi Todoh in the air with upward strikes.  (REF: HITOMI VS. KASUMI TODOH)  As Kasumi started to fall to the ground, Hitomi unleashed a stiff front kick that smashed Kasumi into the wall. After Kasumi fell to the ground, Hitomi crouched down and delivered a sweeping kick to Kasumi’s face, knocking her unconscious. The two female fighters were soon joined by more DOATEC security who picked up Kasumi Todoh and placed her in reinforced handcuffs.

Hitomi wiped sweat from her brow when she suddenly remembered Lucky Glauber’s unfortunate fate after Kasumi’s initial attack. She peered down the nearby staircase.

“Lucky! Are you hurt? I’m coming to help.”

Elsewhere, Helena Douglas and Kokoro were granted access into Shermie’s holding cell to interrogate the spy.

Helena pleaded. “Shermie, please, tell me what the agenda is here?” 

“If you are asking about the pirate attack, I told you already I know nothing about it. That is the truth,” Shermie insisted.  (REF: HELENA DOUGLAS VS. SHERMIE)

“What about the woman with the dark blue hair. Is she working with you?” inquired Kokoro.

Shermie turned her attention to the Japanese fighter. “Who are you?”

“This is Kokoro. Answer the question,” said Helena.

“Why should I? How would it benefit me?” Shermie retorted.

“Whoever it is you're protecting, you should stop. They clearly are going to leave you here to rot,” Helena warned.

Shermie laughed. “I am not protecting anyone. I don’t care what happens to that egomaniac. Just biding my time until Orochi’s resurrection. Once that happens, he will get exactly what is coming to him... just like everyone else.”

Helena and Kokoro were soon joined in Shermie’s cell by Hitomi and Lucky Glauber.

“Hitomi, you are okay,” remarked Kokoro.

“A few cuts and bruises, but yeah I’m good,” Hitomi said with a smile. She then pointed an accusatory finger at Shermie. “Is she responsible for what happened to that poor girl?”

“What are you talking about?” Helena inquired.

“The girl I fought. She is being interrogated by your security team but she isn’t saying a word. She has no emotions and there doesn’t even appear to be life behind her eyes,” said Hitomi.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

doa5zlf_610.jpg.b9fdcc1b546c0d31a6556eec2f154ede.jpg

Zack was on his way to the Freedom Survivor in the DOATEC company helicopter along with Makoto, Jann Lee, and Leifang.

“I am so glad that we were able to get Leifang without having to jump through any hoops,” stated Zack.

“You keep repeating that over and over,” noted Makoto from the seat next to him.

“If Jann thinks he can increase his skills by helping this cause then of course I’m going to come as well,” Leifang commented.

This declaration made Jann Lee visibly uncomfortable. Makoto turned her head slightly toward the back seat passengers. Her eyes went back and forth between Jann Lee and Leifang. Their awkward dynamic was intriguing to her. The sound of thunder and lightning cracking through the sky quickly summoned Makoto’s attention back to the front of the helicopter. 

“Maybe it would have been better to wait on shore until the storm has passed,” she suggested. “The guy on the radio said that others have done it.”

Zack shook his head. “No way. This recruiting trip feels like it has gone on forever, I am not about to let it be delayed anymore by a little thunder and rain, baby.”

“Has it really been that bad?” asked Leifang.

Zack sighed. “Just one delay  (REF: MAKOTO VS. YURI SAKAZAKI) after another (REF: FEI LONG VS. JANN LEE) Every time another fight breaking out to slow everything down.”

“Including the one where you got your butt kicked,” Jann Lee added with a grin,. (REF: LUCKY GLAUBER VS. ZACK)

Zack scoffed. “If it would have been a best 2 out of 3 rounds fight, there is no way I would have lost.”

Makoto pointed to a large ship in the distance. “Is that it?”

The sight of the familiar cruise liner put a smile on Zack’s face. “Yes it is. Yes it is.”

Soon, Zack and company landed on the Freedom Survivor’s helipad.

Makoto looked out the window. “Are there usually fights going down on the ship’s deck?”

Zack let out a yelp when he noticed DOATEC security guards and pirates fighting near the helipad. “Oh no, it looks like Miss Douglas is in trouble, we need to hurry y’all!”

Jann Lee and Makoto were first out of the helicopter and raced down to join the scuffle. Leifang was not far behind them when she stopped at the sight of a relatively smaller member of the security team approaching Zack and the helicopter.

“I’ll be right there to help out, just got to make sure the chopper is secure,” Zack said without turning around.

The security officer charged Zack with a shoulder strike and rammed him into the side of the helicopter. She then hit him in the back with a punch surrounded by a ball of energy. Finally, she took off her DOATEC helmet and smashed it over Zack’s head. She searched his body for the helicopter keys.

“What are you doing?” Leifang demanded.

Li Xiangfei glared up at Leifang and attacked her without word or hesitation.

Considering their styles, this one is close to call. I think Lei edges out the win if it goes long enough.

I liked the flashback in this and the interrogation. The part when they arrive on the helicopter was a little hard to imagine though. Not sure why but it was a bit unclear or just wonky. Good stuff though, I like the story unfolding on the Freedom Survivor.