MATCH SCORE
Ed (Street Fighter): 0
Mama Odie: 0
Pickle (Baki the Grappler): 2

Match 13869 Fei Long vs. Jann Lee

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART XV

Makoto3sportrait.gif

Makoto lifted her arms in victory as she stood over Yuri Sakazaki. (REF: MAKOTO VS. YURI SAKAZAKI) Hitomi, Kokoro, and Zack clapped in appreciation.

"What did I tell you," said Hitomi. "Impressive, right?"

"Very impressive," agreed Kokoro.

Zack and the two girls walked down to the auditorium floor to congratulate Makoto.

"Congratulations. Those were some great moves you put on display," said Hitomi.

"Thank you," responded Makoto.

"We have a proposition for you if you're interested," said Kokoro.

"What kind of proposition?" asked Makoto.

"We are gathering some of the strongest fighters in the world to protect an ancient item called Soul Edge from the hands of evil," Kokoro explained.

"It's the chance of a lifetime, baby. You can show the world what moves you workin' with," added Zack.

Makoto appeared confused.

"Don't mind him. That is just the way he talks," said Hitomi. "What we are talking about here is a

chance to do something good for the world and really test your abilities at the same time."

"In that case, I'm in," Makoto decided.

"Good. We don't have much time to waste. We need to fly out to Hollywood to pick up Jann Lee." Zack looked over at Hitomi. "You have a better relationship with him than I do, so I'll leave the sales pitch up to you."

Hitomi nodded. "I will do my best."

"I still can't believe he is filming a movie," said Kokoro. "He must be so excited."

"I'm just glad he isn't in some fighting competition like the rest of you. Hopefully we can get in, get him, and get out. No waiting for a fight to finish like it has been so far," Zack remarked.

"If he is filming a movie out there, do you really think the producers will just let him leave?" asked Makoto.

Zack had clearly not thought of that possibility, but he quickly brushed it off. "We'll deal with that when we get there. If it comes up at all."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.calwatchdog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Hollywood-Sign.jpg

Zack, Hitomi, Kokoro, and Makoto walked through a Hollywood back lot looking for Jann Lee.

"I can't believe they let us in," said Makoto.

Zack pointed at Kokoro and Hitomi. "It wasn't too hard to convince security that these two lovely ladies were extras in this movie."

Kokoro blushed.

"Keep your eyes peeled for Lee," said Hitomi.

Kokoro spotted Jann Lee standing by the craft services table chatting with the director. "There he is."

Zack patted Hitomi on the shoulder. "Time to work your charm, baby girl."

Suddenly, another man brushed past them and walked briskly toward Lee and the director.

"Oh my, it's Fei Long," Makoto gasped.

"Bobby! What in the heck is going on here?" Fei Long shouted. "My agent told me I was coming here

for the leading role, not some pass the torch cameo."

"Fei! brother, that was the original plan, but the studio had different ideas," said Bobby. "It's still a killer part though trust me."

"Cut the crap, Bobby!" Fei Long eyed up Jann Lee. "Is this the guy they want to replace me with?"

Bobby shrugged. "The studio is looking for the new hot action star in Hollywood, and some scouts think this is the guy. His name is Jann Lee."

Jann Lee held out his hand to shake Fei Long's, but Fei Long did not reciprocate.

"Don't be like this, Fei. You had a great run," said Bobby.

Fei Long regarded the director with disgust. "What are you saying? You think I'm too old? I'm in my prime!"

"No one is suggesting you are not still an incredible fighter or actor, but it's all about what comes across best on film," said Bobby.

Fei Long lifted his index finger. "What comes across on film the best is legitimate skill. And no one has more skill than me."

"Hold on a minute," Jann interrupted. "Don't underestimate my abilities. I did win the last Dead or Alive Tournament!"

Zack and the girls continued to watch the scene unfold from a distance.

"I'm still upset that I didn't beat him in the finals," Hitomi whispered to Kokoro.

"Such a feat does not impress me," said Fei Long.

Jann Lee hopped around and loosened his arms. "Would it impress you if I beat you right here and now in front of the whole crew?"

Fei Long smiled. "You could try, but you would fail."

"Now everybody just calm down for a minute," Bobby pleaded.

"I always wanted to take on the world famous Fei Long. See if he is as really good as the movies make him out to be, or if its only movie magic," Jann Lee taunted.

"There is no movie magic to my skill," Fei Long insisted.

Zack buried his head in his hands. "This isn't happening. This isn't happening. Why can't this job be easy? Why do I have the worst luck?"

Fei Long and Jann Lee stood nose to nose. Bobby tried his best to gain control of the situation.

"Listen to me, if either one of you gets hurt or bruised in an actual fight then neither one of you will make the movie."

"It's a matter of pride now," said Jann Lee.

"I couldn't agree more," added Fei Long.

The two martial artists prepared to square off.

"Maybe I should call security?" Bobby wondered aloud.

Hitomi grabbed his arm gently. "Please don't. I think this is going to be an outstanding fight and I want to see it."

Bobby smiled at her. "I guess a little sparring never hurt anyone." Suddenly, a strange realization set in. "Wait a minute, who are you again?"

Guest bigballerju

Good setup and based off the setup Fei Long is being his old self again it seems which means Jan Lee wins here. Fei long in his story was always overconfident and did focus a little too much on making films sometimes rather then training. Fei Long in this case it seems is already a bit overconfident and he does have a knack for underestimating his opponents. Fei Long with his flame attacks and more may be a bit more stronger. But Jan Lee is just as skilled as him. I am going with Jan Lee here for the win. Jan Lee is also skilled enough to fight and sparr with Ryu Hayabusa on more then one occasion. Jan has also fought more skilled opponents. He also did win the first DOA tournament.

Guest bigballerju

Jan Lee fought and sparred with opponents more skilled then Fei Long. Also Jan Lee's reputation spread among the world and he ended up being called the Dragon I believe. Fei Long didn't have that kind of success. Only as a martial artist turned actor who was more known for his films then excellent skills.

Jan Lee fought and sparred with opponents more skilled then Fei Long. Also Jan Lee's reputation spread among the world and he ended up being called the Dragon I believe. Fei Long didn't have that kind of success. Only as a martial artist turned actor who was more known for his films then excellent skills.

What I'm saying is success doesn't necessarily mean that you're better at one medium than the other. That's like saying Pikachu can beat Blanka because it's done better at tournaments. There are differences in power levels for fighting game characters, even within the same game. I usually rank Street Fighter/Mortal Kombat/KOF/Blazblue characters as the most powerful. Tekken and DOA have a few that can keep up with them (ninjas, Mishimas), but a lot of the fighters there are low key. This is especially blatant in Dead or Alive. We've got one of the most powerful fighting game characters that is Ryu taking on Zack, a guy that may as well be a normal human being in terms of feats.

Jann is definitely the best DOA fighters outside of ninjas/Christine/Bayman but that's a pretty far distance between the two. With that said, an arrogent Fei Long is likely to lose due to underestimating him.

Guest bigballerju

What fighters in DOA are low key? Just because DOA is one of the less popular fighting games doesn't mean the fighters are less skilled in that game. In addition not all the fighters in those games you mentioned are that powerful or more skilled. Also I am not talking mediums I am talking fighting skills. Jan Lee is a superior fighter then Fei Long. I love Street Fighter but their are other fighting games less known then that would beat some of it's fighters. KIller Instinct, Darkstalkers, and more. 

Just to add the first DOA game had Gen Fu, Raidou, Ryu Hayabusa, Ayane, and Bayman who are all excellent fighters in addition to Jan Lee. Excellent Fighters who would beat some of the fighters in Street Fighter and Tekken. Here are pics and little information on a few I mentioned.

Raidou is powerful in his own right being he is from Mugen Tenshin Clan.

180px-Raidou.jpg

Bayman is a professional assassin and Sambo Martial Artist. He was one of Russia's highly trained Commandos in addition to that.

250px-DOA5_Bayman_Render.png\

Gen Fu is master of Xinyi Liuhe Quan. Another powerful martial artist with his strikes and moves.

250px-DOA5_Gen_Fu_Render.png

If the contest was about skill, then I'm certain Jann Lee will win. In fact, all of the fighters will be on equal footing in that comparison. I'm not here to diss on skills.

But this is about who would win in a fight, and as far as I'm concerned, the DOA people do not have a lot of feats to back them up. Ryu in his evil state can jump enough to even catch people with flight off guard. People like Kyo, Vega andeven Reptile have proven to have superhuman reflexes. Feng Wei from Tekken can turn boulders to rumble in a single punch and he's not even the most dangerous villain. Even Xiaoyu is capable of jumping at least one story thanks to the Tekken movie.

Also, if there's anyone that can beat poeple, it's the ninjas. Ryu along would probably stomp the entire fighting game cast. Kasumi/Ayane/Hayate can teleport and have amazing abilities to keep up if not downright beat the rest of the cast. Christine and Bayman can win based on the fact that they can at least keep up with the ninjas. Helena and Rig is up to debate due to their importance in the story.

After that... it gets a lot more muddied up. Jann Lee is the best fighter after that list by far, but there hasn't been that many superhuman feats to back him up. Go down to the rest of the cast and you can see where things don't look good for them. It also doesn't help that although Jann Lee won the fifth tournament, he did so without any worry about the aformentioned higher leveled characters.

Not that they don't stand a chance against the Street Fighter cast. Anyone who doesn't have an overly powerful projectile has a chance to be beat. Just know that there are differences in power levels for characters (except Dan for obvious reasons). It doesn't look that way due to gameplay mechanics.

Guest bigballerju

Having projectiles doesn't mean you have a better chance of winning if that's the only thing you really have as an advantage. Also having projectiles doesn't mean you have a higher chance of winning then your opponent who doesn't have one if their just as skilled then you and close in physical abilities.

Raidou would decimate Vega, Reptile from MK, and a few others with his torn sky blast. Ryu Hayabusa would stomp a lot of characters from those series including Ryu and Ken Master. Jan Lee was strong enough to destroy a big tree with one punch and  knocked out a T-Rex with one kick. Jan Lee is also fast enough to take out someone like Chun Li and has a great strength advantage over some of Street Fighter's opponents. 

So yea Street Fighter's like Vega or MK's Reptile would get owned.

Another good set-up, Johnny. 

Knowing enough about Fei Long and after looking up Jann Lee, they both seem like almost identical clones of Bruce Lee. As such, this skirmish could just about go either way, though Fei's slight overconfidence in the set-up just may give Jann the edge here. It won't be easy either way, though.

Match Final Results

USER RATINGS

bigballerju gives it a grade of: B

leroypowell3 gives it a grade of: A

DSkillz gives it a grade of: A Another good continuation of this arc and great matchup!

El Wookiee gives it a grade of: A

SCORE

Fei Long: 12

Jann Lee: 13

FPA: 3.8