Slot: The Team's Wild West Component
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about John Marston at Wikipedia
Official Site: Rockstar Games

Battle Terrain
The Wild West: Horse Taming

Something was telling me Geronimo would make an interesting pick. :) 

1 hour ago, Bergy_Berg said:

Marston is an accomplished rider in his own right, and taming horses is a part of the game. This is someone with a lot of experience in this challenge.

Thing is, the Apache were literally born and bred around horses for centuries, and Geronimo was just about the ultimate Apache leader. He should comfortably take this.

1 hour ago, DSkillz said:

Something was telling me Geronimo would make an interesting pick. :) 

Thing is, the Apache were literally born and bred around horses for centuries, and Geronimo was just about the ultimate Apache leader. He should comfortably take this.

Agreed, their culture revolved around the horse

I know nothing of Geronimo specifically taming a wild horse, only that he was Apache and they were good with horses. Geronimo himself died after being thrown from his horse, so that kind of feels like a knock against him.

Meanwhile Marston explicitly tames a variety of wild horses, and also spent nearly his whole life around the animal. Horses were also extremely important on the American frontier.

14 minutes ago, Bergy_Berg said:

I know nothing of Geronimo specifically taming a wild horse, only that he was Apache and they were good with horses. Geronimo himself died after being thrown from his horse, so that kind of feels like a knock against him.

Meanwhile Marston explicitly tames a variety of wild horses, and also spent nearly his whole life around the animal. Horses were also extremely important on the American frontier.

Dude, Geronimo himself spent his entire 79 + years of living around horses (including stealing horses from other tribes and American settlers), so he not only also had experience around a wide variety of horses himself, but he was around them for a lot longer than Marston.

Geronimo only died at age 79 after being left out in the cold for a day after being thrown off of said horse.

10 minutes ago, Bergy_Berg said:

Marston also lassos and break in a wild horse in like a minute, a lot faster than any real world counterparts.

I think that's likely a game mechanic. If you were to include things like that and Dead Eye or Dead Shot or whatever that mechanic is called, he would be superhuman for sure

1 hour ago, Bergy_Berg said:

Marston also lassos and break in a wild horse in like a minute, a lot faster than any real world counterparts.

Yeah, no. I think you're referring to what Marston can do in-game, and if we allowed that, it would likely put his abilities beyond the bounds of this slot.