MATCH SCORE
Helena Shaw: 2
Lori Quaid: 3

Match 15190 Geese Howard vs. Heihachi Mishima

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART LXXV

2041781570_kyoandathena.jpg.d11163e5ae4042f0249089a21d66f29f.jpg

On the edge of a forest in rural Japan, Ryu Hayabusa left with Yoshimitsu to the Manji Clan’s never ending maze. They took along with them the bodies of Taki, Seong Mi-Na, and Chai Xianghua.  (REF: RACHEL VS. SHURA)  Yoshimitsu promised that the three ancient warriors would no longer interfere in the battle over Soul Edge, and Yoshimitsu had a plan to keep them as far away from the sword as possible. A plan that would not necessitate the sealing technique attempted previously by Kyo Kusangai and Chizuru Kagura.

With their options limited and their number of allies dwindling, Kyo, Benimaru Nakaido, and Athena Asamiya convened to discuss their next moves.

“First, we must take care of Chizuru. I can take her back to her village where she can heal up, but I must move quickly,” stated Kyo.

“While you are doing that, I can double back to where we came from to see if I can track down Ryo and Maki,” Benimaru offered.

“Kyo, we can use my teleportation to speed up the travel," Athena suggested.

Kyo nodded. “That would be much appreciated."

“Also I will try to find a way to contact the fortune teller, Rose,” Athena added. “It has been a long time since she charged us with this mission. I am sure it would be a good time to compare notes. There is no telling where she is now.  She could be in Southtown, Metro City, or someplace completely different.”  (REF: DHALSIM VS. VOLDO)

“Sounds good.” Kyo turned his attention to Benimaru.  “We will need a place to meet up once you reconnect with Ryo and Maki.”

“How about Goro’s Judo Dojo?” Benimaru replied. “I think it’s about time we bring the big man into this and honestly we need all the help we can get.”

Kyo nodded. “Agreed. Goro’s it is then. We will meet up there once we are done.”

The three fighters agreed upon this plan and then went their separate ways.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

145411552_GeeseHeihachi.gif.5f2072cdaddc990db59ca22e33a658b2.gif

Heihachi had left Brazil and returned to Japan with the intention of researching Soul Edge.  (REF: KUMA VS. BLANKA)  He had heard bedtime stories about the legendary sword as a child, but never put much thought into it ever being a real thing until his Zaibatsu spies informed him that Jin was looking for it. Learning as much as he could about Soul Edge became Heihachi’s singular focus. If it was real he could use it to defeat Jin and Kazuya once and for all. Or at least that was his focus, but that all changed once he had arrived home.

Heihachi was informed that the Mishima mausoleum had been burned to the ground. Kazumi’s tomb had been opened, and her corpse was missing.  (REF: CHIZURU KAGURA VS. KAZUMI MISHIMA)  The belief among the people that worked for him was that the mausoleum had been vandalized and Kasumi’s corpse had been stolen by tomb raiders. Heihachi knew better.

Everything else was put on hold. As he stood over the burned remains of the mausoleum, Heihachi closed his eyes. He then sat down and crossed his legs.

“Kazumi, how is that you have been brought back and where did you go?” he whispered.

Heihachi was not happy about the prospect of killing his wife and mother of his son once again. Yet, he knew it had to be done. Heihachi decided to meditate for a little while longer before trying to pick up her trail.

“I knew I’d find you here,” bellowed out a voice from behind him.

This interruption infuriated Heihachi. He opened his right eye and glanced behind his back at the daunting figure of Geese Howard.

“Who are you?” Heihachi grumbled.

“Geese Howard, the former king of Southtown. It is my great pleasure to finally meet you, Heihachi,” the man stated.

“Leave me alone,” Heihachi declared.

“I’m afraid I can’t do that,” Geese replied. “You have been on my radar for a long time now. I was always a little envious of the absolute power of the Mishima Zaibatsu and the control weilded by its head, the notoriously ruthless Heihachi Mishima. For years I have been trying to get to you. I even crashed the seventh King of the Iron Fist tournament to get a shot at you. But, I was told you were off somewhere fighting your son in a volcano, as per usual.”

Heihachi slowly rose to his feet. “What is it that you want?”

Geese laughed at the absurdity of the question. “To fight you of course. When you never came back from your fight with Kazuya, I was worried I had missed my opportunity forever.” Geese stared at Heihachi intently with a half smile. “That was until I discovered that I had just missed you while I was down in Brazil.  (REF: CHRISTIE MONTIEIRO VS. ELENA)  Urien was more than willing to let me use his considerable resources to follow you since you pose a threat to his plans for the Soul Edge sword. It is through his contacts that I learned about the unfortunate fate of your wife’s tomb. And here we are.”

“Whoever this Urien is, you can inform him that I have no plans to pursue the Soul Edge right now. There are much more important matters to deal with,” said Heihachi.

“He doesn’t need to know that. You posing a threat gives me free reign,” Geese explained.

Hehachi did not respond but lifted an eyebrow.

“It is for moments like this, that I agreed to help him in the first place. Getting to rule a small part of Urien’s new utopia will be nice and all, but this is the real lure right here,” Geese announced with excitement.  “It is why I carried out his convoluted plans  (REF: KOKORO VS. AOI UMENOKOUJI)  and worked with his batshit crazy allies.  (REF: MAI SHIRANUI VS. TIRA)  I knew that working with him would grant me the opportunity to fight the strongest fighters in the world.”

Heihachi groaned loudly. “You talk too much.”

This accusation caused Geese to chuckle at himself. “A fair point. I am rambling, aren’t I? I have just been waiting for this day for so long. A chance to test my Reppuuken against the King of the Iron Fist himself.”

Heihachi relented. “If it is a fight you want, then it is a fight you will get. Anything to get you to shut up.” Heihachi held out his fist. “I will take great pleasure in crushing you now.”

“Keep dreaming, old man,” replied Geese

.fight2.jpg.605306e22626db6f66b8f54cb5e1d13b.jpg

This will be an amazing match of attrition. Geese has a wide range of energy attacks and counters, but Heihachi is one of the toughest people in the fighting game world. The deciding factor may actually be Geese's counter. Heihachi's aggressive nature plays right into Geese's gameplay. The real question is if he has what it takes to take down Heihachi because I'm certain Heihachi will outlast him if he can get any hits in.

• Like 1

My initial reaction is to just vote for Geese, because I like his character more, or maybe I just find his quotes more memorable, but I really don't have any idea how the characters match up with one another. I know Mishimas have some very impressive feats for people with no apparent super powers, but I don't know how to scale Geese against Heihachi...storyline wise. Gameplay wise Geese is a cheap boss type of the SNK line while Heihachi is balanced, so of course Geese would win, but as far as I remember Geese is beatable and Heihachi wins more than he loses...

This is certainly an epic battle. These guys could go 10, 20 rounds and still end up at a draw. Their combos would make an interesting fight but if I were a betting man I would go with Heihachi. I think his counter is a little bit better, and like Buzz said he wins more than he loses.