MATCH SCORE
Abigail (2023 film): 1
The Ghoul (Cooper Howard): 0
Suprema: 5

Match 14317 Kuma vs. Blanka

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART XXXVIII

http://wa2.images.onesite.com/capcom-unity.com/user/aditya/street_fighter_iv/large/498c0be080c04.jpg?v=216450

Gen stood victorious over his now deceased opponent, Wang Jinrei. (REF: GEN VS. WANG JINREI) Jinrei had provided a better challenge then Gen had anticipated, but in the end Gen's diverse fighting styles proved to be too much. True to his contract with Victor Donovan, Gen killed Wang Jinrei.

As he looked down on him now, Gen thought over the parallels between Wang and his own life. Ever since he had been diagnosed with his fatal illness, Gen's passion for fighting had burned brighter than ever. He was determined to go down in a blaze of glory and be killed in battle by a worthy opponent. He would not simply wither away. Surely, Gen had done this old martial artist a favor by killing him. Better to be slain honorably in battle than to be snatched from life slowly by father time or some debilitating disease.

Gen had earlier offered his services to Victor Donovan to take on Heihachi Mishima, but it was not like he really needed an excuse. Gen only returned to his earlier profession to stash away money for Chun Li, so that she could use it in on a rainy day after Gen had passed. He owed that much to her father. Gen wanted simply to see how Heihachi Mishima measured up. He had heard the stories of Heihachi's impressive strength and legendary endurance for many years, dating back to his days as the head of the Mishima Zaibatsu. Like with Ryu and Akuma, Gen wanted to see for himself. However, it was never as easy to get to Heihachi as it was to get to the other two. He was not a wandering fighter, in fact he lived quite lavishly and was constantly surrounded by heavy security during his time atop the Zaibatsu. The only way to get to him was through the King of the Iron Fist tournament. For some reason, Gen could never secure an invitation to the tournament.

Now things were different. Now, with his grandson, Jin, in control of the Mishima Zaibatsu, access to Heihachi was no longer as difficult. Heihachi Mishima still kept a security detail at his estate, but nothing Gen could not handle. Gen decided at that moment that the time was now. He might not get a better opportunity to challenge Heihachi, contract or no contract.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heihachi_kuma_prologue.png

Unfortunately for Gen, not only was Heihachi Mishima not at home, he wasn't even in the country. In the opposite hemisphere, Heihachi stood in a jungle clearing in Brazil with his friend, bodyguard, and pet, Kuma. They were surrounded by a large group of excited villagers, gathered to watch a great fighting exhibition.

"Why have we come all this way for you to challenge this fighter?" Heihachi asked.

Kuma growled that he must prove that he is the strongest animal fighter in the world.

"I do not think he is an animal," said Heihachi. "He is a monster of some kind. I believe he was a human.... at some point."

Kuma insisted that he still needed to showcase his superiority.

Heihachi chuckled. "Very well. I will get a front row seat to see how hard you have been training."

Kuma beamed with pride. The only thing missing for him was Panda. He had sent an invitation to her, but wondered if it had been thrown away by Ling Xiayu.

On the other side of the clearing, Blanka got some final encouraging words from his friend, Sakura.

"Thanks for flying down for my fight, Sakura," he said.

Sakura smiled brightly."No problem, Jimmy-san. When you told me you were going to fight a bear I knew I had to come down and see it."

"He has challenged me before, but I never accepted because I thought it was silly," Blanka admitted. "But, the other day I witnessed Sean lose a fight to some guy named Eddy Gordo for the Brazilian Martial Arts Championship (SEAN MATSUDA VS. EDDY GORDO) and I realized there are some really strong fighters out there who are not even in the World Warrior Tournament. If I want to become a better fighter myself I need to accept all challenges and really see what's out there."

Sakura eyes widened. "Recently, I had a similar realization myself, Jimmy-san. Somehow I ended up in a fight with a girl named Asuka Kazama (REF: ASUKA KAZAMA VS. SAKURA KASUGANO), and I lost. She was very skilled, and at such a young age. It made me appreciate just how many incredible fighters there are out there that I don't even know about."

Blanka nodded in agreement.

"I'll tell you one thing, though. I'm going to train and train to get better. I'm going to cross paths with Asuka again someday, and I'm going to beat her," Sakura announced.

Blanka cheered his friend's confidence.

"So Jimmy-san, do you know what you are getting into with this Kuma character? Bears are usually slow so I would tell you to rely on your speed and agility but I've never seen a trained fighting bear before. I wouldn't know what to expect," said Sakura.

Blanka shrugged. They both looked over as Kuma approached the center and let out a mighty roar.

"It looks like he is ready to go. Good luck, Jimmy-san," said Sakura.

"Thanks."

Blanka approached the center and let out a powerful roar of his own. Heihachi politely clapped, but was interrupted by one of his assistants.

"We finally got the latest intel from your spies in the Mishima Zaibatsu."

Heihachi grinned. "By the time that Jin realizes I have informants working for him, the Zaibatsu will be mine again."

Heihachi carefully read over the notes. "They are going after the Soul Edge? (REF: VANESSA (KING OF FIGHTERS) VS. CRIMSON VIPER) Hmmm.. I've heard those words somewhere before, but where?"

Heihachi was deep in thought. Kuma looked over at him for some moral support before his fight and was annoyed when he saw that Heihachi was not even paying attention.

"I know I have rejected your challenges in the past, but I'm really exited for this fight," stated Blanka.

The agitated bear threatened Blanka that he would pound him into the ground like green shrubbery. Meanwhile, a light bulb illuminated in Heihachi's head.

"The Soul Edge was from one of my mythology books!" he exclaimed. "Can it truly be real? If it is, it could be a valuable tool to help me take back the Mishima Zaibatsu." He turned to his assistant. "I am leaving. I have some more reading to do."

His assistant stuttered. "What... what about Kuma's match?"

"Kuma will be fine. If he wins, have him picked up and dropped off back at my estate. If he loses, inform him he will have to find his own way home for wasting my time."

Heihachi's assistant gulped hard as his boss left him in a bad position. Kuma looked back at the crowd and noticed Heihachi was gone. He scanned the entire crowd and there was no sight of Heihachi. Anger swelled inside of Kuma. He turned back to face Blanka just in time to duck from one of Blanka's high arcing rolling attacks.

Guest Magickal

You are doing a great job with this story. There are so many characters involved.

As for the fight, I believe Kuma will win. Kuma's trainer, Heihachi, is vastly superior to anybody that Blanka has ever trained with. Additionally, Kuma was able to defeat Paul Phoenix in a match which is a pretty strong feat, even if Paul was not really fighting his best at the time.