Rumble 20541 Batman (Nolanverse) vs. Judas Breed
MATCH SCORE
Batman: 2
Judas Breed: 0

Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Match 15135 Donatello (Mirage) vs. Momoko

RakaiThwei

Athena was forced to duck and lean away from the incoming slashes from the red masked Turtle. Never had she seen such a level of technique so refined and so precise, and yet— never had she been more afraid to actually experience the sting of being cut by the weapons of her opponent. One thing which she could definitely say about him was that he was extremely aggressive but there was something of a patient approach from him. Whoever this person was, whoever this person that she believed was a cosplayer in some elaborate outfit most certainly was someone not to underestimate. And when Leonardo had turned and swung his blades down vertically, Athena quickly turned in a spin as she managed to barely evade the strikes.

Leonardo turned to meet the battling idol, and he quickly snapped his right leg out down to her knees and immediately followed up by swinging his leg across diagonally up over to the left—intending on slamming his foot down onto the side of her head. However, Athena had responded with her own as she swung her left leg to meet with Leonardo’s for the kick at the knees, and then she hunched underneath the incoming roundhouse for her head.

She mentally focused her own energy within, now directing it to flow through her body and into her right arm and hand. As soon as she felt this energy coursing through her palm, Athena manifested it outward. She turned her body and pushed herself up with her legs, and then raised her hand upward as an arc of reddish pink light emanated from her hand as she intended to strike at Leonardo with one of her signature attacks.

“PSYCHO SWORD!”

However, Leonardo tensed his own legs up and he pushed himself upwards while throwing his body weight back, executing a well-timed and well performed somersault as he evaded Athena’s strike. The red masked ninja swiftly rushed right in for his opponent, going in for the offense.

Leonardo spun his twin ninjaken in hand, and gripped the handles firmly now as he stopped the blades from spinning and now held them downward and in reverse. Quickly, Leonardo firmly moved his arms out as he took aim for Athena’s mid-section with the intent on striking her firmly with the handle of one of his swords. Athena instinctively slapped the incoming strike down, however Leonardo swung his left arm across with the intent to strike Athena firmly across the head. The pop idol positioned her hands for guarding posture, deflecting the strike to her head but Leonardo took a firm step forward, firmly planting his right foot down onto her left.

Taking advantage of this, Leo moved his hands down and firmly slammed them down onto the top of Athena’s head.

“GAAAH!” The pop idol yelped.

A brief disorientation overcame Athena’s coordination and her other senses. Without hesitation, Leonardo snapped his left leg upward with his knee bent, firmly slamming it up into Athena’s mid-section and this caused the girl to lose her wind for a moment as she widened her eyes as a tremendous pressure threatened to force her to regurgitate. The red masked ninja then turned to a spin and swung his left leg back across for her ankles, and this caused Athena to be swept off from her feet. Gravity pulled her down and she harshly landed onto her side, and winced upon impact. Opening her eyes, Athena widened them to see Leonardo now swinging his blades inward for her.

“AAAAH!” She yelped again.

Quickly drawing upon her psychic abilities, Athena focused on stopping the attack. As a purple aura formed around her, she looked to the very blades coming for her from both sides—and then as soon as that aura had formed… Leonardo found himself unable to proceed on with the attack. Directing the psychic energy which she was drawing upon to throw Leonardo upwards, Athena would catapult the red masked ninja into the air with her Super Psychic Throw.

The Turtle was dropped onto his shell with a mighty grunt, and Leonardo had no idea what had just happened. Michelangelo dropped his jaw in surprise, and Donatello was quite perplexed as to what had just transpired—trying to find some scientific reasoning as to how that had happened. Raphael had clenched his hands firmly into fists, shouting angrily at Leonardo.

“YO, GET THE HELL UP AND IN THE FIGHT!”

Leonardo threw his weight back, rolling onto his feet in a reversal roll and now stood in a hunched position. He released his ninjaken from his hands, briefly dropping them and reached back to his utility belt only to pull out a set of shurikens. He took aim for Athena’s shoulders and legs, and the red masked ninja immediately then threw his hands out, multiple times as he released a set of six. Athena again drew upon the psychic and Ki energy with herself and directed it to flow through her body, moving it to her arms and into her hands. As the reddish pink energy formed, she held her palms out and formed a barrier to keep herself protected from the flying metal objects.

And to Leonardo’s surprise, the shurikens were now somehow reflected back at him.

“What the hell?!” Leonardo shouted, swiftly turning around and using his carapace to block and deflect the shurikens away from himself. As his shell was strong enough to stop and deflect the thrown objects, this left Athena quite surprised at this sudden defensive tactic. Leonardo reached for his blades, and he somersaulted his way towards the fighting pop idol only to then attempt to thrust both his legs down and use her as a landing pad with the intent to stomp down onto her shoulders.

Still focused on the energy which she was drawing upon, Athena then channeled it through her entire form once more and her body produced that glow again. This time she had commanded this energy to allow her to move faster and be displaced from one spot to another. Turning in a blindingly fast pirouette, Athena produced a burst of energy and then reddish pink streaks moved forward. She moved and appeared before Leonardo, and as she still maintained that flow of energy, Athena swing her arms inward and projected a powerful sphere of energy.

“PSYCHO BALL!”

Leonardo was impacted by the sphere of energy as it had collided with his plastron, and he winced in immediate discomfort and stumbled away from the purple haired pop idol. Athena dashed right in for the red masked Turtle, and she adjusted her stance as she shifted her weight forward and thrust her palms outward for a strike at his head. However, Leonardo leaned out of the way, and Athena thrust her other palm out and the Turtle leaned to the other direction. Shifting with a step forward, Athena thrust both arms out to product a double palm strike onto her opponent. Leonardo weaved and stepped inward, only to swing his left arm’s elbow across.

Impact was made on Athena’s forehead, stunning the girl for a moment. Seizing the moment, Leonardo snapped his left leg across in a low roundhouse for Athena’s knees once more and he managed to strike her firmly, causing her to stumble and lean in discomfort. He then recoiled his leg, pumping it out in a side kick and struck Athena firmly in the mid-section, and again recoiled as he prepared for another kick from that leg but then turned on his standing leg, and then thrust his back leg outward as he lowered the other— performing a fake out back thrust kick.

Athena firmly was struck in the center of her chest, and she was sent flying back a good ten feet but she threw her weight upward to perform a recovery reverse somersault. While still soaring across, she again focused that flow of energy and directed it to flow through her form. Curling herself into a ball, she threw her weight down and came down like a blazing comet of energy and kicked her legs out for Leonardo’s knees.

“PHOENIX ARROW!”

Leonardo tensed up his leg muscles and he quickly pushed himself forward and up, leaping over Athena the second she came down in towards him. Landing onto the ground, Leonardo had something of a plan. He reached his left arm up and slipped the blade in hand back into the scabbard slung over his shoulder. Moving his hand down he took hold of one of the smoke bombs which he had on himself, and tossed it to Athena’s feet.

Preparing her energy to produce another Psycho Reflector, Athena moved her hands out but was immediately surprised when the object hit the ground instead. A waft of smoke now spread out across the area and obscured her vision while also interfering with her breathing. Athena frantically coughed and she looked all around for any sign of her opponent.  She stepped back… until she felt a metallic point press against the back of her neck.

“Game set and match…” Leonardo coldly stated.

“If that is the case, then I concede.” Athena replied. “I’ve never fought anyone much like yourself.”

Kensou frowned at the second loss which his team had to endure. It was bad enough that he had lost to Raphael, but to see Athena putting on her best and still suffering a defeat at the hands of their opponent—well, it was quite discouraging for him. He couldn’t help but release a sigh from within as he shook his head. Momoko looked over to Kensou and placed a consoling hand down onto his shoulders.

“So far, you have given my students much to reflect on what they need to improve. You seem to have been trained quite well.” Chin spoke, addressing to Leonardo.

“Thank you, it’s been… a difficult journey in achieving the level of skill and technique I’ve developed. But I owe that all to Master Splinter. Without him, I don’t think I would even be here… And your student Athena… Definitely powerful, she even kept me on my toes.” Leonardo spoke, giving his thoughts on his fight with the pop idol.

Athena couldn’t help but smile at the comments regarding their own battle.

“Well, that’s two losses out of four! We still might have a chance here to win!” Kensou chimed in.

“Yes, this is indeed true… And all that is left of our team to participate are I and Momoko.” Chin added.

Momoko had blinked as she had heard her name being mentioned, and she looked over to Chin as if he were suggesting that she actually step up to the plate. She had only participated in one KOF tournament with the Psycho Soldiers team and this would be her second one. She had spent some considerable time in developing her abilities as a fighter, reviewing what she had learned from her time studying Capoeira and learning under Chin to develop herself even further.

The young fighter stepped forth and she smiled brightly to the four brothers as she waved a hand to them.

“Konnichawa kawaii kame!”

“Tch.. Heh heh heh… I ain’t ever getting tired when a girl says that!” Mikey chuckled with a grin.

“Alright… I guess I’m up! Don’t wanna make the same mistake like I did with King in being the last!” Donatello said as he now also stepped forward and moved to approach Momoko.

Donatello and Momoko moved closer to one another, leaving each other six feet of space.

“Remember Don, don’t screw this up!” Raphael chided.

“Shut up, Raphael…” Donatello muttered in response.

Momoko quickly threw herself upwards into the air and threw her weight back, landing feet first down onto the ground and she hunched as she now set herself in the Capoeira fighting posture. To Donatello, it looked something like a dance but there was an unusual method of fighting to the style— at least from what he knew of it.  Quickly, he reached for his bo-staff and gripped it firmly in his right hand and now drew the weapon out, only to then quickly spin it within his grasp as he shifted the weapon from right to left, and tucked it underneath his right arm as he shifted back to his own fighting stance.

Both the Turtles and the Psycho Soldier teams looked on ahead as the brainy Turtle and the Capoeira girl sized each other up, and time seemed to have stretched on forever until both inched a step forward and rushed in to one another.

The third match between the Turtles and the Psycho Soldiers commenced…

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next match up in the TMNT storyline which I am still currently writing but it's also going to be the last one for maybe this week because of the fact that now I am needing to focus on some real life issues which need to be addressed in regards to a life changing move which I will have to do again, and finances which also need to be rebuilt if I am going to improve on this situation. Anyway in regards to the match, I felt that this would be something of a direction to go with Donatello and Momoko, and writing up the recap fight between Athena and Leonardo was something of an interesting and easy thing to come up with. I also wanted to do something different than Donatello against King, in that the last time, Donatello was the last to go but in this case, he isn't and he is going up against a Capoeira fighter in Momoko.

So with this being the last match before I finish up with this move and have to get a totally different ISP... I hope you enjoy this match!

For new readers who are just hopping onto this storyline here, I suggest you look at the Mirage TMNT Respect Thread to see what the Mirage Turtles are more than capable of.

Donatello is low tier superhuman in terms of physicals. Think Above Peak Human due to his mutation and physical conditioning.

Donatello possesses his Bo Staff, Metsubushi Egg filled with Polymer Slime and Kubotan.

Momoko is Athletic Human in terms of physicals due to training and age.

Momoko possesses her move set from the KOF series.

Another great set-up, Rakai. Your recap is making me start to think I might've underestimated Athena's skill a bit. 

As for this match, given that Donnie seems unfamiliar with capoeira, he might be in for a pretty tough match with Momoko. I probably don't have to tell Rakai as much, but one of the key components of capoeira is to keep the opponent confused and off-balance. Practitioners of ninjutsu, though, have a fairly similar philosophy in battle, so while Donnie usually isn't quite as good at improvising moves on-the fly as his brothers, he should probably be able to win here.

14 hours ago, JohnnyChany said:

Another great fight description, Rakai. You showed off Athena's powers well. 

I can't see Donatello having any problem keeping the Turtles' winning streak alive,

Best of luck.

Thank you. I wanted to really show how powerful Athena is in the recap for Leonardo and Athena's fight. So by now the Turtles have an idea on what's in store for them.

As for Donatello, it's a shame that the Psycho Soldier team doesn't have a  more imposing team mate. The only other team member is Bao, and he's like...  what, ten years old? So it was either him or Momoko.

14 hours ago, DSkillz said:

Another great set-up, Rakai. Your recap is making me start to think I might've underestimated Athena's skill a bit. 

As for this match, given that Donnie seems unfamiliar with capoeira, he might be in for a pretty tough match with Momoko. I probably don't have to tell Rakai as much, but one of the key components of capoeira is to keep the opponent confused and off-balance. Practitioners of ninjutsu, though, have a fairly similar philosophy in battle, so while Donnie usually isn't quite as good at improvising moves on-the fly as his brothers, he should probably be able to win here.

Yeah, Athena seems to have a small following here and I wanted to really show how versatile and powerful she can be. She definitely gave Leo a fight in the recap. Now Leo has some experience fighting someone like Athena under his belt. 

As for Donatello, that's a fair enough accurate assessment of how this could go down.