Stripe: 0
Brigade: 1

Waspinator vs. Grumble Bee
MATCH SCORE
Waspinator: 3
Grumble Bee: 2

Tournament - Herbie vs. Stuntman Mike

Bergy_Berg

Clanging once more against the cage, Bone Saw crumples to mat. Buffy, her homecoming dress a bit torn up, is otherwise none the worse for wear. She stands over the incredibly buff man, placing a heel into his chest and pressing it in.

“One more time Bonehead, tell me about the jerk who killed my friend.” Buffy twisted her heel in.

Cough, cough. Bone Saw won’t tell you shit,” he reaches behind his back as one of the ring girls passes him a tire iron. “And we’re not done with play time!”

Bone Saw swings the tire iron upwards, catching Buffy off-guard with a shot to her ribs. She backs up as Bone Saw stands. “Now you’re gonna see what happens when Bone Saw gets his hands on you.”

He raises the tire iron above his head and charges, but Buffy easily dodges the swing before landing a hard kick between the legs. Bone Saw clutches at his family jewels as he keels over in pain.

“Still thinking about getting your hands on me? You nasty creep. You have one more chance to tell me, or I’m gonna kick your McGraws right into your throat.”

Bone Saw lets out a wheezing sigh as he looks into the audience. He weakly extends his hand and points to a man in the crowd wearing a silver jacket, who is just turning to leave.

“Oh my God. Xander, Willow!” Buffy frantically motions to the fleeing man as she heads to the cage door. “That’s him over there!” Her companions take a moment before spotting him leaving through the rear exit.

“We’re on it Buffy!” Willow yells over the crowd noise, her and Xander rushing towards the man just as Buffy is finally able to escape the cage.

The trio make it through the crowd and out the rear exit just in time to see the muscle car start up. Sitting inside is Stuntman Mike, wearing the biggest possible shit-eating grin on his face. He gives the trio a wave before peeling off, the engine of his car roaring with the power of its oversized engine.

“Oh no,” Willow says. “He’s already gone. We’re never going to catch him now.”

“We can catch him!” Xander responds, running over to his VW beetle with his friends in tow. He puts the key in the door… but it won’t turn.

“Xander, what the hell are you doing?” Buffy demands. “Open the door, we need to go after him!”

“It’s not me, it’s him!” Xander motions to the car. “Come on Herbie, open up!”

The car responds by moving its wheels back and forth, signaling its unwillingness to help.

“Xander,” say Willow, “what’s going on? Why did you buy a car that doesn’t open?”

“He opens. He just doesn’t want to right now.” Xander moves around in front of Herbie. “And I didn’t buy him, he just kind of showed up one day.”

He addresses the car. “Is this because of Cordelia?” The car responds by rising up and down on its shocks. “Is it because she always called you a cheap piece of junk?” The car bounces again.

“Um, Buffy? Is Xander talking to his car?”

“Yeah Willow, and I think the car is talking back.”

“Look Herbie, I know you didn’t like Cordelia. I know she was mean to you and said things like you belong in a scrap heap, or that you were built by the Nazis and should have gone down with them after WW2. But that was just part of her. She was also a really good friend, and we all want to get the guy who killed her. Plus, if we don’t stop him, who knows how many other women he could hurt?”

Herbie’s headlight covers come most of the way down, a frown appearing on the front bumper. “Come on Herbie, if not for me then do it for Willow. You like Willow, and look how sad she is about this.” The car turns slightly towards Willow and Buffy. It lets out a little puff, almost like a sigh, before finally the locks click open.

“Attaboy Herbie,” Xander says. “Come on, get in. We’ve got a murderer in a muscle car to catch.

Buffy and Willow get in. “Xander,” Buffy starts, “don’t take this the wrong way, but is the car fast enough to catch up?”

“Oh, you have no idea what Herbie can do. Herbie, let’s ride!” The car springs into action, Herbie’s tires squealing as he races away in the direction the muscle car left before.

On the highway leaving Sunnydale, Stuntman Mike takes a swig of whiskey as he barrels down the road. He looks over to his passenger seat and sighs. “God damn, that young lady was a real bleeder. That will take forever to hose off.” He takes another swig, and notices headlights gaining fast in his rearview mirror. “What the hell?”

Mike squints hard at the car in his rearview, before deciding to speed up and lose it. He stamps his foot down on the accelerator, the engine under the black hood coming fully to life.

“That oughta lose them,” he says. He raises the bottle of whiskey back up towards his mouth, before a sudden jolt causes it to splash in his face.

Mike sputters for a second. “What the fuck was that?” He looks to his right, and there, looking back at him, are the determined faces of three high schoolers, riding in an old VW Beetle. “Oh, you wanna play games you little shits? Alright, let’s play.”

Can Herbie stop Stuntman Mike and his death proof car from fleeing? Can the Scooby Gang get justice for Cordelia? Or will the evil stuntman escape to pray on other poor young damsels?

That is great.  I love the Extended Buffy-Verse!

This finishes with Buffy leaping from Herbie's sun-roof onto the hood of the Death-Proof car where she will hang on for a couple miles during insane car stunts.  Finally, Herbie and Buffy manage to knock the Death-Proof car off the road, and then Buffy knocks Stuntman Mike around for a bit.

Resurrection and living cars are both a thing in the Extended Buffy-Verse, so Cordelia will be fine.

Very entertaining two-parter. Thanks for the read!

Bergy, you always been good at telling a story over 2 or 3 matches. This one is no exception. Think I might try my hand at this next time around.

Anyway, this is well paced and entertaining. I know little about either of these characters, but the argument for Herbie and the Scooby gang is a strong one. They get my vote.

Very nice tourney two-parter, Bergy! Your entries are always among the most "out there".

As for the match, Stuntman Mike looks like he's pretty tough, but Herbie seems to be used to dealing with all kinds of danger on the roads. Along with the Scooby Gang, they should all be able to put a stop to Mike.

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
CBUB Match Judge : 4 Stars x 2
CBUB Match Judge : 2 Stars x 2

FPA Calculation:
0 + 6 + 0 + 2 + 0 = 8 Total Votes
( (0 * 5) + (6 * 4) + (0 * 3) + (2 * 2) + (0 * 1) ) = 28 Total Stars Score
28 / 8 = 3.50 Total Rating

MATCH SCORE
Herbie: 7
Stuntman Mike: 2

Thanks everyone for the feedback, it's good to know you're entertained.

On 10/29/2020 at 9:42 AM, SSJRuss said:

Bergy, you always been good at telling a story over 2 or 3 matches.

19 hours ago, DSkillz said:

Very nice tourney two-parter, Bergy! Your entries are always among the most "out there".

On 10/27/2020 at 10:26 PM, JohnnyChany said:

Creative choices and a great two parter

On 10/27/2020 at 9:48 AM, Fox said:

Very entertaining two-parter.

In a way I find it a lot easier to do a couple matches that follow a story line, gives the 2nd/3rd whatever match a more natural jumping off point. Plus I think these monthly tournaments are a perfect way to get these shorter stories out there.

Whoever gave me the 2 star rating, let me know what you didn't like here. You can reply to me here or in a direct message, just looking for feedback so I know what I can improve on next month. Otherwise you're just gonna get more crap you won't like reading in November.

3 minutes ago, Bergy_Berg said:

Thanks everyone for the feedback, it's good to know you're entertained.

In a way I find it a lot easier to do a couple matches that follow a story line, gives the 2nd/3rd whatever match a more natural jumping off point. Plus I think these monthly tournaments are a perfect way to get these shorter stories out there.

Whoever gave me the 2 star rating, let me know what you didn't like here. You can reply to me here or in a direct message, just looking for feedback so I know what I can improve on next month. Otherwise you're just gonna get more crap you won't like reading in November.

This is my fault. I use mobile-version primarily and I accidentally hit 2 star instead of my pick. I thought I had picked 3. It wasn't letting me change it when the match was active. I'm not sure why because I've always had the option to change my ratings before.

Sorry Berg. Your match was fine. I'll try to be more careful with my ratings.

21 minutes ago, SSJRuss said:

This is my fault. I use mobile-version primarily and I accidentally hit 2 star instead of my pick. I thought I had picked 3. It wasn't letting me change it when the match was active. I'm not sure why because I've always had the option to change my ratings before.

Sorry Berg. Your match was fine. I'll try to be more careful with my ratings.

Hahah, smooth move Exlax.