Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

Helena Shaw vs. Lori Quaid
MATCH SCORE
Helena Shaw: 2
Lori Quaid: 3

Match 15102 Raphael (Mirage) vs. Sie Kensou

RakaiThwei

The Turtles and the Kyokugen team watched on as the last members of their respective teams were engaged in intense battle. It was difficult to tell as to whom would gain the upper hand between the brainy Turtle from New York and the battling bouncer from South Town. Both were giving it their all, with Donatello having to utilize the training which he had received under Master Splinter, and recalling the sessions which he shared with his brothers in preparation for this tournament and King having to summon the reserves of determination and effort which she held within herself. Both had their teams depending on one another, and both couldn’t afford to lose.

Donatello spun his bo-staff firmly within his grasp before he brought the ends of the wooden weapon horizontally over from right to left, taking aim for King’s head but the blonde bouncer leaned back away from the first strike, and hunched down to evade the second. This made it difficult for her to fight up close against her opponent, the weapon giving him an extended reach but she compensated by utilizing her own ranged abilities and the reach of her own kicks, which were more than enough to keep Donatello on his toes, so long as she kept her foot work up.

King snapped her left leg out as she took aim for Donatello’s mid-section, impacting her foot firmly into the Turtle’s plastron protected body. And to her surprise, the Turtle seemingly took the blow head on and… it didn’t feel like anything padded like a costume would have. Shaking this off, she swung her left leg diagonally upwards for the Turtle’s head, but Donatello raised his staff and use it to block the incoming kick. Without hesitation, the red masked Turtle would bring the back end of his weapon down, aiming to strike King down on her head, but the woman raised her arms and blocked the weapon with her forearms.

Swiftly and with precision, King retaliated with a series of four quick jabs for her opponent’s face. But Donatello would immediately move his arms back, and use the staff to divert the incoming punches away only to then swing his staff downward as he spun it, once again causing King to move her arms up to block the staff overhead, but Donatello followed up by turning his staff upward and pushing it forward, plunging it firmly into King’s mid-section.

“GUH-OOOOF!” King gasped, the air being pushed out from her.

Stumbling back from the blow, King took the opportunity to recover as fast as she could while attuning herself to her energy flow. As soon as she felt that strong current of power within herself, she directed it to her legs and watched as Donatello came charging in. Throwing her weight back and planting her hands onto the ground, performing a reverse somersault, she vaulted her legs upwards only to impact the red masked Turtle firmly in the chin. Immediately setting herself to her feet, King snapped her right leg out several times before finalizing with a roundhouse kick to the Turtle’s face, sending Donatello several feet back.

“TRAP SHOT!” She yelled.

Donatello hit the ground firmly onto his side. Placing his hands down onto the ground, and firmly gripping his staff in hand, he rose to his feet only to watch as King took to the air briefly and swung her right leg across, unleashing a projectile of energy from her foot. Donatello was firmly impacted on his plastron, and he had not been expecting that, and doubled back from the blow.

“VENOM STRIKE!”

King stepped in to rush to Donatello, closing the space between them. Seeing this, Donatello turned in a spin only to crouch down and swing his staff horizontally for King’s ankles but the woman pushed herself up, leaping over the incoming staff. Stepping backwards, Donatello would spin his weapon as he moved it from right to left, and then brought the staff downwards, then upwards and horizontally from right to left before thrusting forward with it twice. King felt the impact of the staff as it had hit her on her right shoulder and winced. It was pain which she could take, but the impact to the chin caught her by surprise and her vision briefly flashed and a moment of disorientation overwhelmed her. More pain entered into her body as the staff landed it’s mark on her mid-section, and she felt the blunt end plunging into her, knocking more air out from her.

Taking the initiative, Donatello planted his staff firmly to the ground and catapulted himself forward, kicking a leg out and impacting his foot firmly into King’s chest only to send her crashing to the ground as she clutched at her chest, working to catch her breath and push through the piled up pain.

“Nice work, Don! Keep it going!” Raphael exclaimed.

“GET UP, KING! UP! GET UP!” Ryo clamored.

Glaring to Donatello, the South Town bouncer grits her teeth as she pushed herself to her feet, now deciding to fight through the pain as it would only be temporary. She stepped forward, zeroing in on the red masked Turtle before she leapt and threw her weight to the right, now turning in a spin as she swung her legs across.

“TORNADO KICK!”

Donatello reacted, now leaning forward and rolling himself across the concrete ground and set himself back to his feet. Turning, King rushed right in for the red masked Turtle as she yelled in a display of power and frustration. Realizing that this woman possessed tremendous tenacity and willpower, the brainy Turtle would have to employ some old ninjutsu tactics. With a trick of sleight of hand, Donatello threw his right hand upward, producing a black colored egg which was tossed in King’s direction.

“WHAT THE--?! AAACK!” King gasped and gagged upon suddenly finding her face covered in a thick, translucent green colored viscous substance.

“HEY, THAT’S NOT COOL! CHEATING!” Yuri shouted.

“Not cheating, Karate Girl! It’s ninjutsu!” Michelangelo retorted.

King placed her hands to her face and worked to wipe the substance off, and… it was all over her hands now. It was in her hair, and it wouldn’t even come off her face. It didn’t seem to harm her in anyway but… she couldn’t help but wonder what this stuff was. She pulled her hands from her face and the color of it was… so very odd. And it was stretchy and sticky. She shot a glare to Donatello as he chuckled in amusement.

“I love chemistry! Who would’ve thought that one fourth teaspoon of borax, half a cup of clear glue and water, and a cup of cup of borax water solution would make an excellent semi-liquid polymer!”

“YOU MADE SLIME AND TOSSED IT IN MY FACE?!” King yelled furiously.

King quickly unleashed six punches for Donatello’s head, but the Turtle once more had blocked and diverted the punches away with the staff. King quickly released an immediate succession of kicks ranging from a variety of front kicks, side kicks, roundhouse kicks, and leaping kicks. Donatello blocked, ducked and leaned away from the kicks as best as he could, although a few of King’s strikes managed to land onto his legs, causing him to buckle.

But as King fought on, the slime in her hair and face was slowly dripping down to her eyes and she moved her hands to wipe them away from herself to prevent herself from going blind by the translucent gel.

Taking the opportunity, Donatello wound himself back and swung his bo-staff downward for the top of King’s head, and the impact was enough to send her falling to the ground and she bounced from the impact, quite painfully so. Donatello quickly thrust his staff up to the air, catching and balancing King on the end of his staff before he turned and swung it down, slamming her back down once more.

King groaned out as she placed her hands down onto the concrete, and she wheezed and coughed as the air was again knocked out from her. Unable to catch her breath, King went limp onto the ground as she firmly clenched her fist. Donatello twirled his staff, and gripping it in hand before he offered to help King to her feet. Graciously, the bouncer from South Town took his hand and allowed herself to be aided…

Leonardo, Michelangelo and Raphael cheered on as their team had won their first King of Fighters match…

A hard earned victory indeed. But now they had an idea on what kind of competition they were up against.

--

It had been hours since the last battle which the brothers had engaged in and thankfully, they weren’t too injured to where they were unable to compete in another match. A moments rest and a few snacks here and there, the brothers were as good as new and ready to fight in another contest. During their down time they had taken the time to size up the rest of the competition and as they had learned with their fights with the Kyokugen team, it appeared as if a lot of the teams possessed bizarre skills and abilities. Many of which possessed the ability to utilize energy as a form of attack, something which the Kyokugen team demonstrated very well— this was a crucial thing to know, something which Leonardo would do well to keep in mind. Watching a few of these matches was good, as it served to prepare himself and his brothers if they were going to advance themselves in this tournament.

Donatello had taken the time to research on the concept of Ki and it’s scientific comparison to bio-electricity. To him, the idea of seemingly ordinary people being able to attain power through intense training was quite fascinating. Some of them were even able to manipulate and channel their energy to different states of matter like fire and ice.

But the next battle had been announced and it was their turn once again.

Leonardo, Michelangelo, Donatello and Raphael were quite delighted to learn that the next battle would be taking place in Central Park. They knew the area well enough to navigate and even fight in such an environment. Lots of trees and rocks to use as cover and high ground, bodies of water to swim through and even get the drop on an enemy. They knew this because they had experience with this against the Foot.

And then the Turtles saw the next team who they would be up against.

To their surprise, their opponents were… an unusual bunch.

A surprisingly youthful Japanese girl who was close to their age albeit she seemed to be donning a sailor styled Japanese school girl outfit, and a Chinese lad who wore a blue denim jacket and shorts with a pair of sneakers, an elderly Chinese man whose hair obscured his eyes and he also seemed to be carrying around a wine gourd, and another girl who seemed to be Japanese but was wearing a black top and of baggy white pants.

“Konnichiwa kawaii kame!” The uniformed clad purple haired girl waved to the brothers with a bright beaming smile.

This… outright perplexed the Turtles as they had looked over to one another, and were taken aback by the sudden enthusiasm by the Japanese school girl. They weren’t too sure what to make of it… At least, Michelangelo seemed to take the greeting as a compliment.

“Heh, she called us cute!” The wily Turtle grinned wider.

“You fuckin’ serious?” Raphael muttered underneath his breath with a brow raised.

“On behalf of the Psycho Soldier team, we welcome you to KOF! You most certainly did well in the battles against the Kyokugen team. And I absolutely love your cosplay!” Athena spoke happily.

The Turtles again had put something of a blank look on their face, and… well, it definitely seemed like as if folks really seemed to believe that they were wearing costumes. Leonardo just thought to himself— if the lie worked, then it definitely worked to their advantage.

“We most certainly hope that you give it your very best. It would only be respectful and courteous as we intend to approach you the same way. You all seem to have been trained exceptionally well.” Chin Gentsai spoke.

“Thank you, we’ve… We’ve spent many years in training for a purpose which has been long fulfilled, and now we’ve found purpose again. This is all a learning experience for us.” Leonardo replied as he nodded.

“Indeed… We haven’t properly introduced ourselves. I am Chin Gentsai, and these are my students, Athena, Kensou and Momoko. Like you, this is all a part of their own training. Now that the pleasantries have been established, perhaps we shall commence? I wonder which one of my pupils will proceed first?” Chin inquired as he looked to the three youths.

Sie Kensou had looked over to Athena for a moment, noting how she seemed to be quite enamored with the Turtles and what seemed to be their choice of cosplay. Just seeing her smile the way she did at them seemed to have made the lad quite jealous. Perhaps was a good time to demonstrate how far he had come in his own training. He clasped one fist in his palm, cracking his knuckles as he stepped forward. Upon reaching the Turtles, he snapped into his fighting stance.

“Sifu, allow me to go first!” Kensou spoke boldly.

“Hmm… Very well.” The elderly master replied.

Now the Turtles looked to one another, pondering who was going to go first on behalf of their team. Raphael would answer as he moved his hands down to his utility belt and took hold of the red clothed handles of his twin steel sai, now spinning them with such skill before he gripped them to stop their motion. He took a moment to observe Kensou’s fighting stance, and he had recognized it from somewhere.

So did Leonardo for that matter…

“Looks like a form of Northern Shaolin.” He whispered to himself.

Raphael immediately snapped into his own fighting stance, recalling all of the lessons which Master Splinter had imparted onto him and his brothers. He had learned quite a lot in his own fight from prior, and if this Psycho Soldier team had powers similar to the Kyokugen team… Hopefully, his past experience would help him.

“Raph, don’t treat this like a typical brawl… Remember your training and fight this like the shinobi you are.” Leonardo spoke with stern urgency.

“Yeah, yeah… I got it. Alright, let’s do this!” Raphael turned his head from side to side, cracking his neck as he spoke.

A pair of drones now flew down to the area in Central Park, and streamed a live feed of the battle to the audience in the stadium and on the web. As soon as the drones had given the command to begin the fight— it would begin slow. Raphael and Sie Kensou stared to one another and there would be nothing but silence.

Kensou charged first, with Raphael coming to him second.

Both unleashed yells at one another as they inched closer and closer…

And so the first battle between the Turtles and Team Psycho Soldier would commence.

The continuation of the TMNT storyline has finally been written and I had an idea on where to go with this one, as I figured maybe after the Kyokugen Team, the Turtles should face another team like the Psycho Soldier team. At first I was debating as to whether or not this should be done in the same pattern as the previous match ups, with the leaders taking the first fight but then I figured why not mix it up a little since in the KOF games, team member slots can be re-arranged to who goes first in a fight. In this case, I decided to do something with Raphael and Sie Kensou.

For new readers who are just hopping onto this storyline here, I suggest you look at the Mirage TMNT Respect Thread to see what the Mirage Turtles are more than capable of.

Raphael is low tier superhuman in terms of physicals. Think Above Peak Human due to his mutation.

Raphael possesses his Twin Sai, Shurikens, Smoke Bombs and Kunai.

Sie Kensou is Peak Human in terms of physicals.

Sie Kensou possesses his move set from the KOF series.

Both combatants are NOT fighting to the death.

The Psycho Soldiers, a nice choice for the next team to face the turtles. Part of the fun of this is trying to guess who you are going to pair up between the teams. I think I may have an idea with these teams, but we shall see. We shall also find out if SNK continues to get run over roughshod by the TMNT.

Sie Kensou, he of the mysterious Dragon Spirit power and various psychic powers. Still, he also gets chided a lot for being lazy with his trainging, so give me Raph in this matchup. I could see Sie getting some extra motivation if Raphael flirted with or threated Athena. But, I don't see Raphael doing either of those things.

I continue to enjoy the inventiveness in your fight recaps. The use of slime was great.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JohnnyChany said:

The Psycho Soldiers, a nice choice for the next team to face the turtles. Part of the fun of this is trying to guess who you are going to pair up between the teams. I think I may have an idea with these teams, but we shall see. We shall also find out if SNK continues to get run over roughshod by the TMNT.

Sie Kensou, he of the mysterious Dragon Spirit power and various psychic powers. Still, he also gets chided a lot for being lazy with his trainging, so give me Raph in this matchup. I could see Sie getting some extra motivation if Raphael flirted with or threated Athena. But, I don't see Raphael doing either of those things.

I continue to enjoy the inventiveness in your fight recaps. The use of slime was great.

Thanks for the comment!

Yeah, I had an issue decided on who would face the Turtles as who I felt would be a step up for them while not being overwhelmingly powerful. So I reviewed over the Psycho Soldier team, and recalled what they are able to do in the KOF games and the KOF web-series. They are quite powerful and strong but not to the point where they would wipe the floor with most street level opponents. I would think they would be able to give the Turtles a good fight, and the Turtles would also give them one hell of a fight too.

I wanted to mix things up and change from how I did the Turtles vs. the Kyokugen team. And Raphael and Kensou definitely seemed like a good idea as they are similar but also different in some ways, with Raphael being a hot-head, who was originally borderline psychopathic and Kensou generally being a rash and impulsive person who would only fight just to impress Athena. And it's funny that you mention Kensou being lazy with his training but also possessing this power, perhaps it would've been more appropriate to have him fight Michelangelo? I don't know, but I imagine Raphael and Kensou giving one hell of a show here.

As for Raphael flirting with Athena? Yeah, I don't think she would be his type to do that. I could see Michelangelo doing that though.

Glad you enjoyed the read!

Another great set-up, Rakai. Excellent fight between Donnie and King. I like how King kind of freaked out when Donnie threw the sticky bomb in her face. :D 

As for the match, I think Raph can take this. Kensou just seems less composed than Robert was, and I can see Raphael taking advantage of that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DSkillz said:

Another great set-up, Rakai. Excellent fight between Donnie and King. I like how King kind of freaked out when Donnie threw the sticky bomb in her face. :D 

As for the match, I think Raph can take this. Kensou just seems less composed than Robert was, and I can see Raphael taking advantage of that.

Yeah, the black egg or Metsubushi as historical ninja referred to those tools as, often was a great tool to use against the samurai. Of course, I could've had Donatello be extra cruel by using Ghost Chili Pepper or Moruga Trinidad Scorpion Pepper concentrate but... Naaaaaaah.

Thanks for the comments.

3 hours ago, SSJRuss said:

Enjoyed the read. Nice flow to the story. I think Raphael takes the win in this contest. Sie is good and a great opponent but might still be out classed by TMNT.

Thanks for the comments. I would think the next opponent might be even better... Assuming I don't have to go dark and pack my entire home up into storage before this match up is done, and have something written up by then.