Lotta Litter: 0

Rumble 20546 Killjoy vs. The Leprechaun
MATCH SCORE
Killjoy: 2
The Leprechaun: 0

Tournament - Trix Rabbit vs. Lucky the Leprechaun

JohnnyChany

mascots-feature.jpg.0a9a81f27cf28ac0e8fcd2ff90de8db3.jpg

In the magical land of General Mills, cereal mascots were assigned to different districts representing their cereal. They were not put in charge of said district mind you, in fact all mascots operated at the whim of their children overlords. The children weren’t necessarily in charge either, but they were given free reign to act as they saw fit. Different dynamics emerged between the children and each mascot. Some mascots were seen as friends to enjoy the cereal along with, others were seen as respected obstacles to overcome to get to the delicious cereal, and there was one who was endlessly mocked and tormented by the children. Enter the Trix Rabbit.

The Trix Rabbit had been allowed to enjoy a total of four bowls of Trix in the last sixty years. His desperation had turned into a never ending well of sadness. He slumped against a tree in his makeshift Easter Bunny costume after another failed attempt to deceive the children and obtain a bowl of the sugary cereal.

“Silly rabbit, Trix are for kids!”  the children shouted as they scampered away with the Trix.

The Trix Rabbit sat in silence with his arms wrapped around his knees. He wondered if he should just accept the fact that he would never taste Trix again. Suddenly, one of the children had returned to where he was and looked down at him.

“Poor rabbit, how about we make a deal,” said the boy.

The Trix Rabbit glanced up with a mix of hope and excitement. “A deal?”

“I will give you a bowl of Trix, but first you have to do something for me.”

“What? I’ll do anything,” the Trix Rabbit proclaimed.

“I want a bowl of Lucky Charms. I’ve always wanted to try some, but that leprechaun is slippery. If you can get me a bowl of Lucky Charms, I’ll trade you my Trix,” the boy explained.

The Trix Rabbit beamed brightly. “Is that all? No problem. You just wait right here and I’ll be back in a flash.”

The Trix Rabbit was bursting with joy as he traveled to the Lucky Charms district. When he arrived in the Lucky Charms district, he found Lucky, himself, in mid incantation.

“Hearts, stars, horseshoes, clover, and blue moons, hour glasses, rainbows, and tasty red balloons!”

Large Lucky Charms marshmallows swirled around the leprechaun as he chanted.  Lucky noticed a group of kids out of the corner of his eyes making a beeline for his Lucky Charms.

“Oh no you don’t!” Lucky grabbed his Lucky Charms and hopped on the large star marshmallow. He then rode a magical rainbow to safety away from the children.

The Trix Rabbit followed the rainbow to its destination.

Lucky congratulated himself. “I didn’t drop the box this time, what a splendid day.” 

Lucky placed his bowl of Lucky Charms on a nearby rock. Suddenly, he was startled by the sight of the Trix Rabbit,

“Don’t be doing that. Me heart can’t take it,” he cried. “I thought you were one of the children.”

“I think I saw them turn around and head off to the Cheerios district,” the Trix Rabbit replied.

“Ah, good! Darn kids are always after me Lucky Charms,” Lucky lamented.

“Yeah, a real shame.”

“What brings ya out here?” asked Lucky.  “I don’t see you outside of the Trix district too often.”

“That’s true,” replied the Trix Rabbit. “I really just came for this.”

The Trix Rabbit swiped the bowl of Lucky Charms and Lucky’s eyes bulged. “What do ya think yer doing?”

“I just need one bowl of Lucky Charms, it’s no big deal,” the Trix Rabbit insisted.

“It is a big deal,” Lucky yelped. “That’s against the rules, and more importantly they are me Lucky Charms!”

“But I NEED them,” the Trix Rabbit repeated.

The rabbit tried to flee with the cereal. Lucky conjured a large hourglass marshmallow and slammed it into the Trix Rabbit. He then took back his Lucky Charms and whisked away on a magical rainbow.

Lucky rode his magical rainbow all the way to the Cookie Crisp district looking for an ally to prosecute the horrible crime he had just witnessed. He landed near Officer Crumb.

“Hey there Lucky, how are you?” Officer Crumb asked jovially.

“Awful. Everyone is after me Lucky Charms, including that dastardly Trix Rabbit. I need you to arrest him for the heinous injustice of trying to steal my Lucky Charms.”

“That is strange, but there is nothing I can do,” stated Officer Crumb.

“What? A fellow Irishman comes to you pleading for help and the best you can do is say there is nothing you can do? You are a police officer aren’t ya?”

“Aye, I am. But it’s out of my hands. I can only arrest characters for trying to steal Cookie Crisp and only in the Cookie Crisp district. Everything else is out of my jurisdiction,” Officer Crumb clarified.

Officer Crumb and Lucky were then joined by Buzz the Bee. 

“What are you doing here?” Officer Crumb wondered.

“I saw Lucky’s rainbow stretched across the sky and I wanted to make sure everyone was okay.” said Buzz.

Lucky hopped up and down in anger. “Everyone is not okay. The Trix Rabbit tried to nab me Lucky Charms and he needs to be punished.”

“Really? Why would he do such a thing? He knows that is not permitted. I’ll go talk to him.”.

“By talk to him you better mean lock him up!” Lucky shouted at the Cheerios mascot as he flew away.

Buzz found the Trix Rabbit walking dejectedly back into the Trix district.

“Can we talk?” asked Buzz.

The Trix Rabbit sighed. “If you are here to recruit me for the Interbrand Olympic Games, you know I will come.”

“That’s good to know. But, that’s not why I’m here. Why would you try to take some Lucky Charms? You know you are not allowed to do that,” said Buzz.

“I know. I wasn’t thinking clearly. It won’t happen again,” the Trix Rabbit replied.

“That’s great to hear. You should know that Lucky is really upset. I think you should apologize to him and find a way to make up for your mistakes,” Buzz suggested.

“How would I do that?” 

“Hmmm, well, Lucky is pretty proud of his heritage. How about learning about leprechauns and sharing with him all the knowledge that you’ve learned. I’m sure he’d appreciate the gesture.”

The Trix Rabbit was unconvinced, but he obliged. "Sure, I can do that.”

“Great. I’ll see you around. Remember Be Happy and Be Healthy!”

Once he was left alone again, the Trix Rabbit resumed his depressed trot. Inspiration struck and the rabbit stopped in his tracks. He would learn about leprechauns, but only to learn about their weaknesses so that he could successfully steal a bowl of Lucky Charms. Hope had been restored. 

His first idea was to consult a fellow mythical character, Count Chocula. But, he quickly nixed the idea. Surely, Lucky would be tattling to all the mascots of General Mills by now. He needed outside help. The Trix Rabbit traveled to the Quaker Oats Port and convinced Cap’n Crunch to take him across the Great Sea of Milk over to the land of Kellog’s.

kellogs.jpg.3e783a2a8c8ef353786daa0ec7400890.jpg

Once there, The Trix Rabbit decided to ask Tony the Tiger first. To get to the Frosted Flakes district however, he would first have to cross through the Froot Loops district. The Trix Rabbit tried desperately to keep a low profile as he traversed through the Froot Loops peninsula, although he admittedly didn’t know exactly where he was going. He did know that he didn’t want to be noticed by Toucan Sam.  Unfortunately, that would be another failure for him.

“Hey there, old chum,” Sam called out from above with his nephews following closely behind. “You look lost. If that’s the case you should just follow your nose to…”
The Trix Rabbit interrupted. “I’m looking for the Frosted Flakes district.”

“Keep going right you can’t miss it,” said one of Sam’s nephews.

“Thanks.”

“Ha! Ha! Jolly good. Let us return to our hunt for fruity treasure, boys. I can smell it, I know it’s close.” Sam remarked.

The family of toucans flew away. The Trix Rabbit really disliked Sam. Mostly because he was always paired up against him whenever Buzz and Tony would organize the Interbrand Olympic Games, and he didn’t know why. Sam had an unfair advantage, he could fly.

When the Trix Rabbit arrived in the Frosted Flakes district, he had to wait for Tony to finish a soccer game before he could talk to him. Tony approached him with a towel over his head.

“Hey champ, you here from some scrimmage action?” Tony inquired.

“No, no, nothing like that,” the rabbit answered. “I was hoping you could tell me everything you know about leprechauns.”

Tony contorted his face in confusion. “Wasn’t expecting that request. I wish I could help you, but I’m more of an athletic tiger not an academic tiger. The best I can tell you is that your boy, Lucky, is not the only leprechaun mascot. Both the Boston Celtics and the Notre Dame Fighting Irish have leprechaun mascots. Hope that helps.”

The Trix Rabbit slumped his shoulders after receiving this useless information. 

“Wow, you seem pretty down. I wish I could offer you some Frosted Flakes to help cheer you up. But, I can’t because of the rules. Don’t want to end up like Chef Wendell, remember when he offered all the other mascots Cinnamon Toast Crunch at the first Interbrand Olympic Games and then he….”

“Was never seen again,” The Trix Rabbit mumbled.

“Yeah. It’s a shame though, I think you’d really like them. They’re grrrreeeatttt!!” Tony proclaimed.

The Trix Rabbit was skeptical of Tony’s assessment because he could not see any sight of fruity flavors inside Frosted Flakes.

“Why don’t you try Snap, Crackle, and Pop. Maybe they will have the info you need,” suggested Tony.

A marvelous idea. The Trix Rabbit made haste to the Rice Krispies district and caught the trio right before a photo shoot for a new cereal box.

The Trix Rabbit gasped for air from all of his running before composing himself. “Hey guys, you are leprechauns, I want to know all about you,” 

“Excuse me rabbit, we are not leprechauns. We are elves,” Crackle retorted.

“Yeah, don’t get us mixed up with that little green hoarder,” added Snap.

“I apologize,” said the rabbit. “You guys are matched up alot with Lucky though during the games, so you should know alot about him, right?”

“I know that he is a sore loser,” stated Pop.

“Anything else, strengths, weaknesses, hidden leprechaun talents?”

The three elves exchanged perplexed glances before shrugging their shoulders and complying with the rabbit’s request.

“Leprechauns are typically intelligent tricksters who are also greedy and protective," explained Snap. “Lucky certainly has the greedy and protective traits down, but I don't know about being an intelligent trickster."

“Yeah, if anything he is easy to trick, We do it all the time when we face off against him while he is too busy complaining that three on one is unfair,” Pop put in.

“He has a one track mind,” noted Crackle. “Although I don’t know if that is a leprechaun thing or a General Mills thing. A lot of you seem to have that characteristic. Once you get him distracted, you’ve got him.”

“Hey fellas we need to get back to the shoot,” said Snap.

“Distraction. I got it. Thanks, you guys are the best.” 

“No problem. Have a good day, rabbit,” stated Pop.

On his voyage over the Great Milk Sea back to General Mills, the Trix Rabbit asked Cap’n Crunch if he had ever been too distracted to sail his ship.

“No. But, I did come close to crashing once. It was all because of that loony cuckoo, Sonny. I was ferrying him across the sea and he went absolutely insane when someone mentioned Cocoa Puffs. Nearly destroyed my ship.”

A plan of attack had now fully formed in the brain of the Trix Rabbit. It was deceitful, it was potentially dangerous, but it would all be worth it if it meant he would get to enjoy another bowl of Trix cereal. 

After they reached the land of General Mills, the rabbit thanked Cap’n Crunch for all of his help and then traversed over to the Cocoa Puffs district. Unlike many other districts, the Cocoa Puffs district did not have the look of its namesake. This was a conscious decision made in large part to keep Sonny’s unbridled obsession somewhat in check. The Trix rabbit found the cuckoo bird rocking back and forth with a forced smile on his face.

“Hello, I am so happy to see you. Were you sent here to keep me distracted?” Sonny wondered.

“Distracted from what?”

“The rest of IT is being taken away for the day to help me with my mania,” Sonny informed.

“That’s right. It’s that time of day,” said the rabbit. “It’s strange though because I saw some kid who must have smuggled some of it to the Lucky Charms district before it was all confiscated.” The Trix Rabbit waved nonchalantly. “I am sure it will be fine. It will either be recovered or Lucky will simply throw it away.”

Sonny’s eyes almost popped out of his skull.  “Lucky has some munchy, crunchy, more chocolatey Cocoa Puffs? And he would just throw them away.”

The Trix Rabbit nodded, “Those are the rules.”

“I must save them. I must have them. I’m cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs!” screamed Sonny. The brown bird flew away in an unhinged state toward the Lucky Charms district.

The Trix rabbit rubbed his hands together mischievously. With Lucky distracted by Sonny’s insanity, he would be able to walk right in and swipe the Lucky Charms. Then finally, the Trix would be his.

A super imaginative entry for this months Tournament.  I think you really nailed the personalities of all these cereal mascots.  Equal parts humorous and surreal and also totally entertaining.

Thanks for the read!

Hah, hah, great entry, Johnny! :D I've been thinking about writing a match where the Trix Rabbit tries to steal Lucky's cereal, but I never had a story quite this elaborate in mind. The part where the Rabbit sics Sonny on Lucky was arguably the best part for me. :) 

As for the match, with the elaborate plan set out, the Trix Rabbit might just get some Lucky Charms, but not without consequences.

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - patrickthekid
4.90 - DSkillz
4.70 - Fox
5.00 - RakaiThwei

FPA Calculation:
4 Total Votes cast
19.60 Total Combined Score
19.60 / 4 = 4.90 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Trix Rabbit: 6