Kylo Ren vs. Jacen Solo
MATCH SCORE
Kylo Ren: 2
Jacen Solo: 9

Zurg (Lightyear 2022 movie) vs. The Rancor
MATCH SCORE
Emperor Zurg: 2
The Rancor: 1

Rumble 20574 Vindicator vs. Amelia Voght vs. Bug Pit (King Kong 2005)
MATCH SCORE
Vindicator: 2
Amelia Voght: 1
Bug Pit (King Kong 2005): 1

Tournament - Judge Doom vs. Carnage
MATCH SCORE
Judge Doom: 2
Carnage: 7

November 2020 CBUB Flash Fiction Tournament

Fox

The November 2020 Flash Fiction CBUB Tournament

To compete in the Tourney the player must create TWO tournament matches (and only two - no more, no less) and follow the theme.

Word Count

This Flash Fiction tournament has a maximum Word Count of 2000 words per match entry.

The match set-up must be 2000 words or less.

Theme:

Freestyle! No overriding theme.

Players must use two contenders (and only two) in a 1 vs. 1 match.

The two contenders can be anyone from any category of the CBUB Character Database.

Players are free to add new characters to the CBUB Character Database for use in the Tournament matches.

Matches:

Players will create Two Tournament matches in the month of November with the above theme. No more than Two, no less than Two.

Prizes:

1 Grand Prize - $200 Amazon Gift Card.

1 2nd place Prize - $100 Amazon Gift Card.

1 3rd place Prize - $50 Amazon Gift Card.

The Required Legaleeze...

NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.

The "CBUB November Tournament" is sponsored by Electric Ferret ("Sponsor").  This contest is governed by these official rules ("Official Rules").  

By participating in the contest, each entrant agrees to abide by these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements, and understands that the results of the contest,
as determined by Sponsor and its agents, are final in all respects.

The contest is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.

ELIGIBILITY
The Contest is open to legal residents of their respective countries where not prohibited by law, who are thirteen (13) years of age or older at the time of entry who have Internet access and a valid e-mail account.

Must be a registered member of CBUB Forums in order to create the CBUB matches to be judged for merit in the contest.

Sponsor has the right to verify the eligibility of each entrant.

TOURNAMENT CONTEST PERIOD

Begin date:
The Tournament option will appear in the CBUB match creation sometime between November 1st 12AM PST (midnight) and November 2nd 12PM PST (noon).

End Date:
12PM PST (Noon) November 31

(PST is Pacific Standard Time)

Ability to create a Tournament Match will end November 25!

HOW TO ENTER

This is a competition tournament contest which requires following the rules of the tournament, below.

TOURNAMENT RULES

Contestant must create two (2) CBUB Rated matches in the month of November.

Contestant must create these matches using the Tournament option in the CBUB Match Creator.

Characters used in the match(es) must abide by the Theme for November as previously described.

Each match created for the tournament may be rated by CBUB Members and Match Judges using the 5-star system located on the Forum page topic, as is the norm in CBUB rated matches.

Each match will receive ratings from at least 1 judge but may receive ratings from more, as is the norm in CBUB rated matches.

Matches will be rated for their entertainment and creative value to the judge or member who will read and rate the match.

Ratings will only count coming from Members who have a CBUB account older than January 1 2020.  CBUB Match Judges do not have this restriction.

Ratings a contestant gives to their own match will not count towards its score and will be discarded.

Contestant in the contest may not rate other contestants in the contest.  Such ratings are void.  Ratings a contestant gives to other contestants also participating in the contest will be discarded in the final scoring calculation at month's end and will not count.

The User Name of those who rate a match and the score that was given will be posted when the match ends.

WINNER SELECTION

The winner will have the highest score at the time the tournament closes.

Score is a weighted average of the star ratings (one star to five stars) given by those members rating the Tournament matches.  All contestants will have a final score between 0 and 5.

The winner will have produced at two (2) CBUB Rated matches in the month of November that follow the Theme.

In the event of a tie, the tied players will continue to create matches which will be rated until there is one winner.

PRIZES:

Grand Prize: one $200 dollar Amazon gift card.

Second Place Prize: one $100 dollar Amazon gift card.

Third Place Prize: one $50 dollar Amazon gift card.

Terms and conditions may apply.

Incidental expenses and all other costs and expenses which are not specifically listed as part of a prize in these Official Rules and which may be associated with the award, acceptance, receipt and use of all or any portion of the awarded prize are solely the responsibility of the respective prize winner.

ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE IS SOLELY THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER.

ADDITIONAL LIMITATIONS

Prize is non-transferable.

No substitution or cash equivalent of prizes is permitted.

The gift card will be an Amazon Gift Card by Email.  It will be sent using the Amazon online shopping platform (English / U.S.A version) to the registered Email address of the winning person of the contest.

Sponsor does not collect any personal information from users besides the email address.  Therefore, the email address is what will be used to provide the prize via Amazon U.S.A.

Sponsor and its respective agents and representatives are not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of the contest,
including, but not limited to, errors in any printing or posting or these Official Rules, the selection and announcement of any winner, or the distribution of any prize.

Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, suspend or amend the contest, without notice, and for any reason, including, without limitation, if Sponsor determines that the contest cannot be conducted as planned or should a virus, bug, tampering or unauthorized intervention, technical failure or other cause beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper play of the contest.

In the event any tampering or unauthorized intervention may have occurred, Sponsor reserves the right to void suspect entries at issue.

Sponsor and its respective agents and representatives, and any telephone network or service providers, are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription
of entry information, or for any human error, technical malfunction, lost or delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, line failure or malfunction of
any telephone network, computer equipment or software, the inability to access any website or online service or any other error, human or otherwise.

INDEMNIFICATION AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY

BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO INDEMNIFY, RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, THE AMAZON PLATFORM, ADMINISTRATOR, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES, AND ALL THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS FROM ANY LIABILITY, DAMAGES, LOSSES OR INJURY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THAT ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST AND THE ACCEPTANCE, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE THAT MAY BE WON.

SPONSOR DOES NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE CONDITION, FITNESS OR MERCHANTABILITY OF THE PRIZE.

SPONSOR AND AFFILIATES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES, AND ALL THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS DISCLAIM ANY LIABILITY FOR DAMAGE TO ANY COMPUTER SYSTEM RESULTING FROM ACCESS TO OR THE DOWNLOAD OF INFORMATION OR MATERIALS CONNECTED WITH THE CONTEST.

Added Flash Fiction word count to the rules.

Word Count

This Flash Fiction tournament has a maximum Word Count of 2000 words per match entry.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Fox said:

Added Flash Fiction word count to the rules.

Word Count

Shouldn't be a problem as all of mine have been under 2,000 so far. Think I got close with my last one but when you're writing that much you tend to realize that it's beginning to be a lot and maybe you should dial a back. Lol

32 minutes ago, SSJRuss said:

Shouldn't be a problem as all of mine have been under 2,000 so far. Think I got close with my last one but when you're writing that much you tend to realize that it's beginning to be a lot and maybe you should dial a back. Lol

CBUB Flash Fiction has the advantage that you are typically working with established characters that everyone knows. 

So, you really don't have to spend word count exploring their background or inner workings since people tend to already be familiar with them.  Makes it easy to make something brief but really engaging to the reader.

I have added verbiage to the rules which adds a new clause to rating the Tournament matches.

Contestant in the contest may not rate other contestants in the contest.  Such ratings are void.  Ratings a contestant gives to other contestants also participating in the contest will be discarded in the final scoring calculation at month's end and will not count.

The User Name of those who rate a match and the score that was given will be posted when the match ends.

1 hour ago, Fox said:

This makes it especially important that every non-competitor rate every tournament match that they can. It effectively makes you guys the co-judges of the tourneys along with Fox.

Also, as a friendly reminder, please post links to your tournament entries in this thread, so that the winning matches will be easier to look up once it is time to post them to the CBUB Hall of Fame.

58 minutes ago, Fox said:

I have added verbiage to the rules which adds a new clause to rating the Tournament matches.

I see this rule was made because of my fuck up 😂

19 minutes ago, Movie-Brat said:

Who exactly would fit the theme anyway?

It's freestyle, my man. You can put together any two character profiles you want for a 1 x 1.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

It's freestyle, my man. You can put together any two character profiles you want for a 1 x 1.

16 minutes ago, Fox said:

It's a free style month, so, no theme to follow.  Just 1 vs. 1 matches is all.

Use who you want to.

Free for all? Then alright then! :)

On 10/31/2020 at 12:39 PM, Fox said:

So, does this mean I should not vote at all on tournament matches? Or just that my vote won't count in the official tally?

38 minutes ago, Bergy_Berg said:

So, does this mean I should not vote at all on tournament matches? Or just that my vote won't count in the official tally?

Voting which character would win - sure go ahead.  Please do vote for which character you think would win.

Rating the match with the 5 star system, which is the basis for determining the scores on the writing itself  -

1. If you are NOT participating in the Tournament please do rate! Absolutely.

2. If you are participating in the Tourney, however, then NO, do not rate your competition.

Thanks!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Huh. I'm just now realizing that I probably disqualified myself from this tourney, as I've rated a few tourney matches thus far. Force of habit. :D 

It's cool, though; any matches I've been working on will get posted sooner than later.

11 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

Huh. I'm just now realizing that I probably disqualified myself from this tourney, as I've rated a few tourney matches thus far. Force of habit. :D 

It's cool, though; any matches I've been working on will get posted sooner than later.

Looking forward to them regardless.

I'm trying to pump these bad boys out but writing is so much work...