Hollow vs. X-23
MATCH SCORE
Hollow: 2
X-23: 5

Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

Iron man Extremis vs Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes)

Guest God-Speed_88

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest force_echo
Heh, I'm not going to get into another argument with you. Blue Beetle wins this, simple as that, via means of his adaption.

Exactly. You cannot find a single feat from either Blue Beetle. Iron Man wins this via he pwns BB at everything. Its simple as that.

So you're going to ignore this:

Antagonist Adaptation: The armor can tailor its blasts for use against specific opponents (e.g., Kryptonite radiation against a Kryptonian, suppression blast against a mob). The blasts can penetrate a Green Lantern ring's shield. The armor can call up anti-magic effects against magical opponents. By the Scarab's own estimation, it can even develop countermeasures that can take on the Spectre.

Last I checked, Tony's Extremeis armor was taken out by Skrull technology. This pretty much shows that otherworldly tech can disable Tony's armor. That's a weakness. There is always a weakness.

Guest sirmethos
Adapts to freaking what?!!?!?! Steel has made a good point, in his comics he never adapts that drastically, the only drastic adapting measure he has is the spectre AND THATS NOT EVEN PROVEN. BB is not that powerful at all, he can't adapt to anything, he's not Doomsday, he's street leve, and Steel brings up a good point, Tony's intelligence could adapt faster and more efficiently than BB's ever could. BB has never adapted to the measures Sirmethos puts it at, not when Ted Kord had it, not when Dan Garret had it, and not when Jamie Reese had it. There's a difference between adapting an attack so it would work better in crowds and adapting an attack that would take down an opponent who could one shot you in every single department of combat, an opponent who's stronger, faster, smarter, more powerful, and just plain better that you. He didn't adapt when he fought Guy Gardner, he didn't adapt when he fought the Posse, THE KIDS A STREET LEVEL CHARACTER. He fights magic gang members, he's not even in Iron Man's LEAGUE. Honestly, there is not a single adaptation feat you can provide me that would indicate that he can even put a fight to Superman.

1. no, Spectre is not the only drastic Adaptation feat he has, as i've already pointed out several times by now, his major adaptation feats are against the Green and Yellow lanterns.

2. Ted Kord and Dan Garret were not actually Bonded to the Scarab, which is why they never had access to it's full potential. however Jamie Reyes is bonded to it, and has performed high level feats against the Lanterns, as i mentioned above.

3. against Superman he used Kryptonite blasts, which is how he adapted to that opponent.

as i have already proven in several posts, Blue Beetle is capable of replicating energy types that he has never seen, by adapting to the Weaknesses of the opponent. as you yourself have pointed out, Iron Man has a weakness against Magic, he has no defense against it. thus it would be simple for the Scarab to replicate the energy signature of Magical Energy, and take down Iron Man with a blast like that. it would go directly through his armor and take down the man inside.

Guest force_echo
So you're going to ignore this:

Antagonist Adaptation: The armor can tailor its blasts for use against specific opponents (e.g., Kryptonite radiation against a Kryptonian, suppression blast against a mob). The blasts can penetrate a Green Lantern ring's shield. The armor can call up anti-magic effects against magical opponents. By the Scarab's own estimation, it can even develop countermeasures that can take on the Spectre.

Last I checked, Tony's Extremeis armor was taken out by Skrull technology. This pretty much shows that otherworldly tech can disable Tony's armor. That's a weakness. There is always a weakness.

A) He can take down Spectre because Spectre is a magical creature and one of his INHERENT (not by adaption) powers is to disrupt magic. But even that is questionable as The Rock itself was destroyed by The Spectre. Note that it says anti-magic effects against magical opponents, BB fights magical opponents, he won't be prepared to fight someone like Iron Man, who, like you said yourself, is "all technology".

:) His Green Lantern stuff isn't by adaption, he inherently excites fear in Green Lanterns, I know this because of two reasons: 1. It says so in the wiki, 2. When he was on the mission with Batman, freindly green Lanterns (I think Jordan and Stewart) accidentaly felt the effects of BB's fear inductment. If it was by concious adaptation, it never would have adapted to a freindly like that.

C) His GL adaptation isn't even effective, he cannot stand up to a GL in combat, he would go as far as shifting into the Bleed for an entire Earth Year rather than fight some despite his fear-inducing powers. Even one on one with Guy Gardner he was getting his ass beat, if Guy hadn't realized that BB was a kid, BB would be injured pretty badly if killed. Another thing, that deflection of a Sinestro ring blast isn't that impressive. Contrary to what you might think, not every blast from a ring is capable of destroying a planet, regular level blasts don't even destroy a city block, there is no evidence that that blast would be any more dangerous than a normal level blast.

D) When he "fought" (if you can even call a 3 second skirmish with superman where Superman was trying to break up a fight "fought") Superman I recall he didn't used Kryptonite blasts, even if he did, they weren't effective cause Superman effortlessly pacified BB.

E) Energy types he's "never seen before"? Have you ever read a Blue Beetle comic? He fights against magic all the time, he's seen magic numerous times, thats what he does, is fight magical opponents and The Reach, who use magic. Not a single time has BB duplicated magic, and as it says in the Wiki, if you knew how to read, The Scarab dosen't understand magic, and as thus, isn't able to duplicate it, why can;t you get it through your head that magic is different that Kryptonian radiation? BB has never replicated magic in any of his fights, the wiki says he cannot understand magic, this is conclusive evidence that BB cannot replicate magic. So unless you find a specific scan of BB replicating magic (which I know you can't) this aspect of the discussion is not worth mentioning.

• 7 months later...
Guest thanosisawesome

*Notes how force_ echo's arguments are entirely based on a wiki. Notes the blind fanboyism of force_ echo. Notes how force_ echo hasn't read a Blue Beetle or GL comic. Leaves topic.*

Guest thanosisawesome
*Notes how thanosisawesome can't spell force_echo's name right to save his life.*

-.-

*Notes the edit function*

Guest Hayesmeister5651
trololololololololol

hmmm I am willing to bet this isn't your only account. You knew to look up this old fight because it had a long argument.

Guest thanosisawesome
*notes how thanosisawesome apparently can't count either, otherwise he would have edited all the incorrect names.*

*notes how he has been made a fool, and for good reason. Flees Nova's scathing words.*

Guest thanosisawesome
Finally a post that makes sense. Have a cookie.

I knew surrendering was a good idea! Thanks for the cookie!

Guest force_echo

No, really, 7 f*cking pages of this shit. Where are Sirmethos and JP? We should totally get this up again.

(Kidding)