Hollow vs. X-23
MATCH SCORE
Hollow: 2
X-23: 5

Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

Iron man Extremis vs Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes)

Guest God-Speed_88

Guest force_echo
I think thats bad science on the writers part, honestly

Actually its not, if someone somehow "shot" KE at someone, (which is impossible) I'm pretty sure the Energy field may be able to deflect it, but KE is based on a physical object, in fact, the formula for KE is 1/2 Mass x Velocity squared. So really, its not bad science at all, KE comes from a physcal object, energy shields cannot block physical objects, so therefore The Energy Shield really sustains no damage, it never gets hit at all, all of the KE is transferred to the point of impact which is not the Energy Shield, but the thing under it.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you've been following the trends of people who can't admit they lost. You make up feats and abilities when you can't find any, you also try ignoring other people's arguments even when they have an irrefutable amount of logic on their side. Instead of debating with logic, you debate like a whiny b*tch who can't understand when they've lost. It's annoying quite frankly, and makes you somewhat of a Force_Echo Jr. I don't think debating is you're thing, you could try politics though, you'd fit in nice there.

Hahahahahaha....sorry, I just can't stop laughing.

You're being such a hypocrite with that statement.

It's annoying quite frankly, and makes you somewhat of a Skirmisher Jr.

Dude, stop being a *vulgarity*ing douche.

If you're going to try and insult someone do it to their faces instead of behind their backs. I only just found out about this because I don't really care about Iron Man getting his ass handed to him, so I've not bothered with this "Fight" if you could call a Stomp a Fight.

So Moral of the story, Don't be a douchy little *vulgarity*.

Guest sirmethos

physical objects aren't stopped by energy shields?

you're kidding me right?

if that was the case, then how would you explain Sue Storm using her powers to separate Ben and Johnny when they're fighting? considering that she uses her power to create energy shields, Ben Grimm should, using your logic, move right through the ehield.

or how about Green Lanterns energy shield protecting him against punches from people like Bizarro or Cyborg Superman? again, by using your logic, they should be hitting right through the shield, and GL would be paste.

when Iron Man gets hit by the Hulk it actually drains the energy of his shields.

i can't be arsed finding scans to prove it right now, but if it's necessary, i will.

i could give you a Lot more examples if needed, but i think the ones above should be sufficient to get the point across.

"You said it uses Magic Energy to augment its blasts, an I'm telling you, you're making shit up, all BB can do it absorb percieve and disrupt magic, its energy blasts are just that, pure energy."

he absorbs magical energy, yes. and what do you think he uses that energy for? augmenting his energy shields and energy blasts, among other things. just like any other kind of energy he absorbs.

"What can you buy with 3 quarters? Nothing. What can you buy with 500,000 Quarters? A lot more. BB's energy absorbtion absorbs a completly insignificant amount of energy, by the time it gathered energy from its absrobtion to actually do something, the fight would be over, or Iron Man would be too old to care. BB's absorbtion is not even a factor in this fight. Iron Man, however can absorb ANYTHING BB throws at him INSTANTLY and use it to power ANY of his suit's functions to upraded levels."

there is a limit to how much Iron Man can absorb, as seen when Thor overloaded his suit with lightning. that is a weakness that the Scarab will exploit, ie. Adapting to use that weakness.

"No this is the approppriate analogy. BB comes into the fight with his fists. Iron Man comes into the fight with a nuclear weapon. BB gets a gun. Iron Man still has a nuclear weapon, but just for kicks, absorbs BB's gun to become even more powerful, and instantly stomp BB. And really BB wouldn't even be able to upgrade at all because of Iron Man's mag fields preventing the Scarab from scanning and Iron Man being from another universe. So really, its still an unexperienced guy with fists against a guy whos been fighting world-threatining entities before Jamie was born, with a nuke."

Iron Mans magnetic field won't prevent the Scarab from scanning it. it only prevents the Scarab from scanning down to the level of DNA. and that level of scanning isn't needed in order to find the weaknesses of a technological armor.

"You can't prove that its scans are magical in nature, and again you're making shit up. All it can do is percieve, disrupt, and absorb magic. Notice I did not include "Scans using magical powers" or "Augments its energy blasts with magic"."

ugh.. how many comics featuring Blue Beetle have you actually read? the Scarab uses the energy it has available to perform the scans, Magic is one of those energies, and has been since it survived the destruction of the Rock of Eternity by absorbing high levels of magical energy.

"Against GL rings, the Scarab has an edge up, so that energy blast feat really has no merit. And really, thats his only feat for energy blasts."

do you actually know Anything about Gl rings? the GL rings have exactly 4 weaknesses. and only 2 that could be used to blast through a GL energy shield without the use of superior power. 1. Willpower. ie. disrupt the willpower of the wearer. but as you yourself have pointed out, the Scarab has no effect on the minds of its opponents. it cannot perform mindcontrol in any way. 2. Red Power ring Energy. ie. GL rings are weak against the energy that comes from a Red Lantern ring. however, the Scarab can copy/imitate This kind of energy, just as much as it can copy Magical energy.

that leaves 1 of 2 options. 1. the Scarab is incapable of copying energy that it hasn't already absorbed(aside from various types of regular radiation like that coming from Kryptonite), and it blasted through the GL shield by pure superior power. or 2. the Scarab is actually capable of copying/imitating forms of energy that it does not have available, or have even encountered before. which means that it used Red Lantern energy to blast through the GL shield. and it can use Magical energy to blast through Iron Mans shields(which you, yourself have said Iron Man has no defense against).

"Actually its not, if someone somehow "shot" KE at someone, (which is impossible) I'm pretty sure the Energy field may be able to deflect it, but KE is based on a physical object, in fact, the formula for KE is 1/2 Mass x Velocity squared. So really, its not bad science at all, KE comes from a physcal object, energy shields cannot block physical objects, so therefore The Energy Shield really sustains no damage, it never gets hit at all, all of the KE is transferred to the point of impact which is not the Energy Shield, but the thing under it. "

actually, it is possible for someone to *shoot* Kinetic Energy at people. a good example is Gambit(at full potential) and the New Sun(alternate version of Gambit) who has the power of Complete Control of Kinetic Energy, one of the ways he used it was blasts of pure kinetic energy. also, the explosions caused from Gambits cards are Kinetic Energy. i already addressed the error in your statement of physical objects going through an energy shield.

to finish this post, i'll give you a quick example of how Blue Beetle could easily win this fight in a minute or less:

Scarab scans Iron Man and determines the technological nature of his armor. Scarab sends out a pulse that shuts down Iron Mans armor. half a second later, before Iron Man has a chance to reboot, BB fires a blast of energy directly through IMs torso(with the armor being shut down, it wouldn't even have to be a blast at city-destroyer level).

Edit: "Sir Methos, don't bother, this isn't getting through his head."

i'm well aware that force_echo is almost incapable of comprehending the possibility of Iron Man losing, but the debate amuses me, so i have no reason to stop.

Guest force_echo
physical objects aren't stopped by energy shields?

you're kidding me right?

if that was the case, then how would you explain Sue Storm using her powers to separate Ben and Johnny when they're fighting? considering that she uses her power to create energy shields, Ben Grimm should, using your logic, move right through the ehield.

or how about Green Lanterns energy shield protecting him against punches from people like Bizarro or Cyborg Superman? again, by using your logic, they should be hitting right through the shield, and GL would be paste.

when Iron Man gets hit by the Hulk it actually drains the energy of his shields.

i can't be arsed finding scans to prove it right now, but if it's necessary, i will.

i could give you a Lot more examples if needed, but i think the ones above should be sufficient to get the point across.

"You said it uses Magic Energy to augment its blasts, an I'm telling you, you're making shit up, all BB can do it absorb percieve and disrupt magic, its energy blasts are just that, pure energy."

he absorbs magical energy, yes. and what do you think he uses that energy for? augmenting his energy shields and energy blasts, among other things. just like any other kind of energy he absorbs.

"What can you buy with 3 quarters? Nothing. What can you buy with 500,000 Quarters? A lot more. BB's energy absorbtion absorbs a completly insignificant amount of energy, by the time it gathered energy from its absrobtion to actually do something, the fight would be over, or Iron Man would be too old to care. BB's absorbtion is not even a factor in this fight. Iron Man, however can absorb ANYTHING BB throws at him INSTANTLY and use it to power ANY of his suit's functions to upraded levels."

there is a limit to how much Iron Man can absorb, as seen when Thor overloaded his suit with lightning. that is a weakness that the Scarab will exploit, ie. Adapting to use that weakness.

"No this is the approppriate analogy. BB comes into the fight with his fists. Iron Man comes into the fight with a nuclear weapon. BB gets a gun. Iron Man still has a nuclear weapon, but just for kicks, absorbs BB's gun to become even more powerful, and instantly stomp BB. And really BB wouldn't even be able to upgrade at all because of Iron Man's mag fields preventing the Scarab from scanning and Iron Man being from another universe. So really, its still an unexperienced guy with fists against a guy whos been fighting world-threatining entities before Jamie was born, with a nuke."

Iron Mans magnetic field won't prevent the Scarab from scanning it. it only prevents the Scarab from scanning down to the level of DNA. and that level of scanning isn't needed in order to find the weaknesses of a technological armor.

"You can't prove that its scans are magical in nature, and again you're making shit up. All it can do is percieve, disrupt, and absorb magic. Notice I did not include "Scans using magical powers" or "Augments its energy blasts with magic"."

ugh.. how many comics featuring Blue Beetle have you actually read? the Scarab uses the energy it has available to perform the scans, Magic is one of those energies, and has been since it survived the destruction of the Rock of Eternity by absorbing high levels of magical energy.

"Against GL rings, the Scarab has an edge up, so that energy blast feat really has no merit. And really, thats his only feat for energy blasts."

do you actually know Anything about Gl rings? the GL rings have exactly 4 weaknesses. and only 2 that could be used to blast through a GL energy shield without the use of superior power. 1. Willpower. ie. disrupt the willpower of the wearer. but as you yourself have pointed out, the Scarab has no effect on the minds of its opponents. it cannot perform mindcontrol in any way. 2. Red Power ring Energy. ie. GL rings are weak against the energy that comes from a Red Lantern ring. however, the Scarab can copy/imitate This kind of energy, just as much as it can copy Magical energy.

that leaves 1 of 2 options. 1. the Scarab is incapable of copying energy that it hasn't already absorbed(aside from various types of regular radiation like that coming from Kryptonite), and it blasted through the GL shield by pure superior power. or 2. the Scarab is actually capable of copying/imitating forms of energy that it does not have available, or have even encountered before. which means that it used Red Lantern energy to blast through the GL shield. and it can use Magical energy to blast through Iron Mans shields(which you, yourself have said Iron Man has no defense against).

"Actually its not, if someone somehow "shot" KE at someone, (which is impossible) I'm pretty sure the Energy field may be able to deflect it, but KE is based on a physical object, in fact, the formula for KE is 1/2 Mass x Velocity squared. So really, its not bad science at all, KE comes from a physcal object, energy shields cannot block physical objects, so therefore The Energy Shield really sustains no damage, it never gets hit at all, all of the KE is transferred to the point of impact which is not the Energy Shield, but the thing under it. "

actually, it is possible for someone to *shoot* Kinetic Energy at people. a good example is Gambit(at full potential) and the New Sun(alternate version of Gambit) who has the power of Complete Control of Kinetic Energy, one of the ways he used it was blasts of pure kinetic energy. also, the explosions caused from Gambits cards are Kinetic Energy. i already addressed the error in your statement of physical objects going through an energy shield.

to finish this post, i'll give you a quick example of how Blue Beetle could easily win this fight in a minute or less:

Scarab scans Iron Man and determines the technological nature of his armor. Scarab sends out a pulse that shuts down Iron Mans armor. half a second later, before Iron Man has a chance to reboot, BB fires a blast of energy directly through IMs torso(with the armor being shut down, it wouldn't even have to be a blast at city-destroyer level).

Edit: "Sir Methos, don't bother, this isn't getting through his head."

i'm well aware that force_echo is almost incapable of comprehending the possibility of Iron Man losing, but the debate amuses me, so i have no reason to stop.

Hulk drains his shields? Ok, Iron Man's shields are capable of taking a nuke at 2% capacity. Hulk has a force of 100 tons on his blows. So that means Iron Man's shields can take 63,000 tetrajoules at 2% capacity. Unless Hulk's fist is the size of a skyscraper, there is no possible way that Hulk drains Iron Man's energy shields with his punches.

Sue has a FORCE field, not an energy shield, MAJOR difference, a force field is actually able to apply force.

Yes, he absorbs magic, that much I can understand, too bad Iron Man dosen't use magic and so, BB has nothing to absorb.

Iron Man can absorb full powered blasts from beings like Terrax and Silver Surfer, if you need me to find a scan for this, I'll be glad to. Thor did overload his absorbtion circuits, but its Thor. BB has nowhere near that kind power so it dosen't really matter.

And what is this weakness of technological armor that it would find?

Prove that he uses magic in scans, because I have evidence straight from wiki that he dosen't, so provide some scans that clearly shows that BB is using magic to augment either his energy blasts or his scans.

Reach made BB with equipment to specifically combat a GL, as Reach is a mortal enemy of the GL Corps. This trait is shown by BB's "need" to combat GLs. BB's feat of blasting through a gL's shield is an "Antagonist Adaption". If you explain these two things, I will concede my entire argument.

It SHOULDN'T be possible to shoot KE at someone because KE is measured with a mass and a velocity. If you just generate KE and fire it at someone, it would defy the physics of how KE works in the first place.

Iron Man gets shut down (I'll give you that much), tanks the blast from BB because his armor has tanked a nuke without an energy shield as seen in Invincible Iron Man when he gets mugged by super suicide bombers engineered by Ezekiel Stane, reboots his armor, and proceeds to either A. Close the distance and whoop BB physically :) Overpower BB's shields with a repulsor blast that measured at exponents of a yearly output of a nuclear reactor C) Fly like 100 miles away before BB can blink, and hit BB with a pulse bolt which gets stronger the farther it travels D) Use his other 20+ armaments that are classified as WMDs to kill BB E) Hit BB with his own EMP or nanomite system to disable him F) Hit BB with a biological virus, because I don't think BB has air filtration systems.

This is what happens when BB tries to hit Iron Man:

A) Iron Man uses his Spider-Sense and super-augmented reflexes to easily dodge the shot or :P absorb the shot and use it to kick BB's ass EVEN harder.

Guest sirmethos

i already explained the 'antagonist adaption' feat against the GL's.

"the GL rings have exactly 4 weaknesses. and only 2 that could be used to blast through a GL energy shield without the use of superior power. 1. Willpower. ie. disrupt the willpower of the wearer. but as you yourself have pointed out, the Scarab has no effect on the minds of its opponents. it cannot perform mindcontrol in any way. 2. Red Power ring Energy. ie. GL rings are weak against the energy that comes from a Red Lantern ring. however, the Scarab can copy/imitate This kind of energy, just as much as it can copy Magical energy.

that leaves 1 of 2 options. 1. the Scarab is incapable of copying energy that it hasn't already absorbed(aside from various types of regular radiation like that coming from Kryptonite), and it blasted through the GL shield by pure superior power. or 2. the Scarab is actually capable of copying/imitating forms of energy that it does not have available, or have even encountered before. which means that it used Red Lantern energy to blast through the GL shield."

the same feat, no matter which of the 2 options it is, would also explain the Scarab being capable of creating a shield that can withstand a full-powered blast from a Yellow Lantern, Superior Power or Energy Replication/Imitation(Blue lantern energy in the case of the Sinestro Corps)

and i notice that you avoided responding to that :)

as for Iron Mans shield capability. you're slightly off. his Bleeding Edge armor, can take a Nuke at 2% capability. in this fight we're dealing with the Extremis armor that is a lot less powerful than the Bleeding Edge armor.

as for Hulk draining his shields, i'll give you a little example from which you can do the math yourself:

in the show on National Geographics, called Fight Science. they measured the punch of a fighter, capable of lifting somewhere between 100 and 200 kg. as producing a force of 400 kg. the punch moves at an approximate velocity of 8.9 meters/sec.

now, to set it up for you in simple terms:

Human:

Strength: 100-200 Kg. Speed: 8.9 meters/second. Force: 400 Kg.

Hulk:

Strength: 100+ tons. Speed: 54 meters/second. Force: this is what the math is trying to find out :P

in terms of Speed, Hulk is able to move fast enough to catch Mortar Shells shot at him. Mortar shells come at pretty much Terminal Velocity. so, the speed of Hulks punch is at least 54 meters/second(if someone finds a flaw in my math, they're more than welcome to correct me)

now, if you take that force(the force of hulks punch), and for every... let's say 15 punches, you increase the Strength factor and the Speed factor of the calculations. then you have the explanation of how Hulk is draining Iron Mans shields.

as an additional fact, i can tell you that in the Ultimate universe, Hulk(who is in terms of strength, weaker than standard hulk) drains Iron Mans shields in a max of 2 punches.

as for what weakness of technological armor that the Scarab could find:

1. the armor can be shut down.

2. weaknesses of the Shield. if the shield cannot, as you claim, stop physical objects, then the Scarab can fire Tachyon beams that bypass the shield, and can bypass the armor itself.

3. sensor systems. can be either fooled, or simply shut down.

4. Magic. magic is, as you have said yourself, a weakness of the armor. Iron Man has no defense against it.

5. Phasing. someone like Shadowcat can disrupt the armor by phasing through it. this is, again, a weakness of the armor.

i could keep going, but i think this is enough to get my point across.

as for Iron Mans absorbing feats. by your statement, either Thor is significantly more powerful than Silver Surfer and Terrax, or the blasts from Silver Surfer and Terrax were relatively weak, in which case abosrbing those blasts isn't particularly impressive.

a Force Field, is made of Energy. the Scarab can make Solid Holograms, that means it can create Force fields as well.

and you have no evidence that says BB does Not use magic in his scans. in either case, whether he does or not is irrelevant, since he can scan the armor just fine either way. the only thing the Magnetic Shielding does, is prevent him from scanning down to the level of DNA.

as a finishing note(for now), i'll repeat my first point:

"the GL rings have exactly 4 weaknesses. and only 2 that could be used to blast through a GL energy shield without the use of superior power. 1. Willpower. ie. disrupt the willpower of the wearer. but as you yourself have pointed out, the Scarab has no effect on the minds of its opponents. it cannot perform mindcontrol in any way. 2. Red Power ring Energy. ie. GL rings are weak against the energy that comes from a Red Lantern ring. however, the Scarab can copy/imitate This kind of energy, just as much as it can copy Magical energy.

that leaves 1 of 2 options. 1. the Scarab is incapable of copying energy that it hasn't already absorbed(aside from various types of regular radiation like that coming from Kryptonite), and it blasted through the GL shield by pure superior power. or 2. the Scarab is actually capable of copying/imitating forms of energy that it does not have available, or have even encountered before. which means that it used Red Lantern energy to blast through the GL shield."

this leave you, with 1 question. can the Scarab use Superior Power(in which case it can blast through Iron Man like he wasn't even there), or can it Replicate/Imitate various forms of energy(in which case it can copy/imitate magic and bypass iron mans defenses) ?

Guest force_echo

this leave you, with 1 question. can the Scarab use Superior Power(in which case it can blast through Iron Man like he wasn't even there), or can it Replicate/Imitate various forms of energy(in which case it can copy/imitate magic and bypass iron mans defenses) ?

Look at Iron Man's weaknesses, he has none, not in the conventional sense but if what you're claiming is true, then apparently some can be found. Exact same situation with the GL I'm guessing, the fact still remains, that BB's blasts were tailored to burst through a GL's energy shield. But, lets entertain the other side. BB did it out of pure force. BB's strongest attacks are city destroyers. As we all know, GL rings are more than capable of tanking city destroying attacks. Alos, there is no evidence of him using magic to bolster his energy blasts as you claim. If you showed me a scan of BB draining magical energy from the ring or something, then saying/thinking Im gonna use this, then bursting through GL's bubble, my point is moot. There is also another way you can prove this, BB blasts do not get through GL's shield the first time, he absorbs magical energy, they get through the second time, your point is now proven. I however, have evidence from the Wikipedia saying that BB cannot bolster his attacks with magic as the Wikipedia says BB can ONLY percieve disrupt and absorb magical energies. This would also give evidence that BB's blasts are magical in nature, and as thus, being able to blast through Iron Man. But I sincerily doubt you have the evidence.

The feat I referred to above, with Stane's suicide bombers, was done with the Extremis armor. It tanked a nuke without any energy shields.

Guest sirmethos
Look at Iron Man's weaknesses, he has none, not in the conventional sense but if what you're claiming is true, then apparently some can be found. Exact same situation with the GL I'm guessing, the fact still remains, that BB's blasts were tailored to burst through a GL's energy shield. But, lets entertain the other side. BB did it out of pure force. BB's strongest attacks are city destroyers. As we all know, GL rings are more than capable of tanking city destroying attacks. Alos, there is no evidence of him using magic to bolster his energy blasts as you claim. If you showed me a scan of BB draining magical energy from the ring or something, then saying/thinking Im gonna use this, then bursting through GL's bubble, my point is moot. There is also another way you can prove this, BB blasts do not get through GL's shield the first time, he absorbs magical energy, they get through the second time, your point is now proven. I however, have evidence from the Wikipedia saying that BB cannot bolster his attacks with magic as the Wikipedia says BB can ONLY percieve disrupt and absorb magical energies. This would also give evidence that BB's blasts are magical in nature, and as thus, being able to blast through Iron Man. But I sincerily doubt you have the evidence.

The feat I referred to above, with Stane's suicide bombers, was done with the Extremis armor. It tanked a nuke without any energy shields.

no, he wasn't absorbing magical energy just prior to blasting through the shield of the GL.

but let's say, just for arguments sake, that the Scarab is actually incapable of anything more powerful than a city-destroyer blast.

then the answer to my question is option 2. the Scarab can replicate/imitate various forms of energy.

that means, that the Scarab can replicate/imitate Magical energy.

since Iron Man, by your own words, has no defense against that. Iron Man gets blasted out of the sky.

i know you're now going to claim that Iron Man will use his artificial Spider-Sense to avoid the blast, but you forget one thing: Bleed Diving. this makes BB capable if Instantaneous Teleportation. after the first blast actually misses Iron Man, BB can simply use the Teleportation, teleport directly behind Iron Man and blast him before he has time to react.

as for the evidence, you're partially right. i don't have the comics myself, so i can't just go find them, scan them and upload it for you. and downloading the comics to find a screenshot(or a few of them) for you, would take several hours.

however, given the answer provided to my question, there is no need for the evidence either way.

Guest force_echo
no, he wasn't absorbing magical energy just prior to blasting through the shield of the GL.

but let's say, just for arguments sake, that the Scarab is actually incapable of anything more powerful than a city-destroyer blast.

then the answer to my question is option 2. the Scarab can replicate/imitate various forms of energy.

that means, that the Scarab can replicate/imitate Magical energy.

since Iron Man, by your own words, has no defense against that. Iron Man gets blasted out of the sky.

i know you're now going to claim that Iron Man will use his artificial Spider-Sense to avoid the blast, but you forget one thing: Bleed Diving. this makes BB capable if Instantaneous Teleportation. after the first blast actually misses Iron Man, BB can simply use the Teleportation, teleport directly behind Iron Man and blast him before he has time to react.

as for the evidence, you're partially right. i don't have the comics myself, so i can't just go find them, scan them and upload it for you. and downloading the comics to find a screenshot(or a few of them) for you, would take several hours.

however, given the answer provided to my question, there is no need for the evidence either way.

It cannot replicate magical energy, it does not comprehend Magic. Thats like me trying to build the structure of hemoglobin, I don;t know wtf Hemoglobin is, how the hell am I gonna replicate something that complex?

It cannot replicate magical energy, it does not comprehend DNA. Thats like me trying to build the structure of hemoglobin, I don;t know wtf Hemoglobin is, how the hell am I gonna replicate something that complex?

Dude, you don't even know what Hemoglobin is or what it looks like at the molecular structure?

Here, I'll whip something up in Paint for you to look at... and Basically Hemoglobin is the metalloprotein that carries oxygen in the blood, and makes up almost all of the not water stuff in the blood. Kinda need them for Air and all that good stuff...

Edit: Here you go, I had to shrink it so you might not get too much detail. Also, this is only a Heme Group, as it would take me hours to draw up the four globular protein structures that act with it to make up Hemoglobin.

hemo.jpg

Guest sirmethos
It cannot replicate magical energy, it does not comprehend DNA. Thats like me trying to build the structure of hemoglobin, I don;t know wtf Hemoglobin is, how the hell am I gonna replicate something that complex?

it can identity people it has met before by looking at their genes. it might not be down to DNA level, but it's pretty close.

"It can identify and scan metahumans. It can identify people related to those it's already encountered via genetic analysis. "

also, my memory was off about the negative effects of magnetic shielding. "Magnetic Shielding: Strong magnetic fields block the Scarab's ability to track DNA. ". so that's a non-issue. it doesn't need to track Iron Mans DNA.

as for the replicating/imitating magic, well, if it can't replicate/imitate various forms of energy. then we're back to the option of BB blasting through the GL's shields through sheer superior power.

as i already said, there are exactly 2 ways that the Scarab can have used for blasting through the GL's shields. 1. sheer Superior Power. 2. Energy Replication/Imitation.

first you say it's not capable of doing it through Superior Power, now you're saying that Superior Power is the only way it could have done it, make up your mind.

Guest force_echo
it can identity people it has met before by looking at their genes. it might not be down to DNA level, but it's pretty close.

"It can identify and scan metahumans. It can identify people related to those it's already encountered via genetic analysis. "

also, my memory was off about the negative effects of magnetic shielding. "Magnetic Shielding: Strong magnetic fields block the Scarab's ability to track DNA. ". so that's a non-issue. it doesn't need to track Iron Mans DNA.

as for the replicating/imitating magic, well, if it can't replicate/imitate various forms of energy. then we're back to the option of BB blasting through the GL's shields through sheer superior power.

as i already said, there are exactly 2 ways that the Scarab can have used for blasting through the GL's shields. 1. sheer Superior Power. 2. Energy Replication/Imitation.

first you say it's not capable of doing it through Superior Power, now you're saying that Superior Power is the only way it could have done it, make up your mind.

Sorry, I meant magic, not DNA (shwere'd that come from?). What are you talking about? I'm saying that BB's blasts were specifically tailored to punch through a GL shield, where'd I contradict myself?

Guest force_echo
Dude, you don't even know what Hemoglobin is or what it looks like at the molecular structure?

Here, I'll whip something up in Paint for you to look at... and Basically Hemoglobin is the metalloprotein that carries oxygen in the blood, and makes up almost all of the not water stuff in the blood. Kinda need them for Air and all that good stuff...

Edit: Here you go, I had to shrink it so you might not get too much detail. Also, this is only a Heme Group, as it would take me hours to draw up the four globular protein structures that act with it to make up Hemoglobin.

hemo.jpg

Shut up Skirmisher, I know what hemoglobin is, I took AP Bio my freshman year. I also know genetic mutations of the structure, the DNA bases that code for it, and the tRNA anticodons for the structure, but that's besides the point. You're not even in this debate, and you missed the whole damn point of my analogy. I'm saying that you cannot replicate something that you do not understand, or know the nature of: Cloning was impossible before Watson and Crick discovered the structure of DNA. Besides, you didn't know what the structure of hemoglobin was before you went on Google to try and make me look like a dumbass.

Some people these days.

Guest sirmethos
What are you talking about? I'm saying that BB's blasts were specifically tailored to punch through a GL shield, where'd I contradict myself?

well, first you said that BB is incapable of punching through GL's shields through sheer superior power.

with the capabilities of the GL Ring in mind. that leaves only 1 way through which BB/Scarab can have punched through the GL shield. and that is by replicating/imitating the energy of a Red Lantern. since the Scarab has never actually encountered a Red Lantern, this means that it can imitate specific kinds of energy based on the weaknesses of it's opponent. ie. its scans revealed that the GL had a weakness towards Red Lantern Energy, and it replicated that specific kind of energy.

by your own words, Iron Man has no defense against Magical Energy, this means that aside from the conventional weaknesses i already pointed out. Magic is a weakness of Iron Man, just like Red Lantern Energy is a weakness of the GL.

thus, it can replicate it.

now you're saying that it can Not replicate it. which only leaves 1 option, it punched through the GL shield through sheer Superior Power, but you already said that it was incapable of that. hence, you contradicted yourself.

Guest sirmethos
I don;t know wtf Hemoglobin is, how the hell am I gonna replicate something that complex?

Shut up Skirmisher, I know what hemoglobin is, I took AP Bio my freshman year. I also know genetic mutations of the structure, the DNA bases that code for it, and the tRNA anticodons for the structure

and you seem to continue contradicting yourself.

Guest force_echo
and you seem to continue contradicting yourself.

OMG, it was meant to be an example, ok, you want another one? I wouldn't be able to build a computer, because I don't know the intricies of how it works, even if I had all the resources in the world, I, by myself, would not be able to replicate a computer.

Guest force_echo
well, first you said that BB is incapable of punching through GL's shields through sheer superior power.

with the capabilities of the GL Ring in mind. that leaves only 1 way through which BB/Scarab can have punched through the GL shield. and that is by replicating/imitating the energy of a Red Lantern. since the Scarab has never actually encountered a Red Lantern, this means that it can imitate specific kinds of energy based on the weaknesses of it's opponent. ie. its scans revealed that the GL had a weakness towards Red Lantern Energy, and it replicated that specific kind of energy.

by your own words, Iron Man has no defense against Magical Energy, this means that aside from the conventional weaknesses i already pointed out. Magic is a weakness of Iron Man, just like Red Lantern Energy is a weakness of the GL.

thus, it can replicate it.

now you're saying that it can Not replicate it. which only leaves 1 option, it punched through the GL shield through sheer Superior Power, but you already said that it was incapable of that. hence, you contradicted yourself.

No no no, The Reach designed it with this capability, this mysterious capability of being a GL smasher, they cultivated the Scarabs that way, they were designed that way, they were designed to have Red energy or whatever causes them to burst through a GL shield, but they cannot replicate magic, because they do not understand how it works, they were not designed to replicate magic, and not only were they not designed, even if it came into contact with magic, as it has, it wouldn't be able to replicate the energy, thats what I'm trying to say.

Again its like this. Say I was born with the ability to make a pencil sharpener or something like that. I can make the pencil sharpener. I can also learn how other things work, like a speaker, or headphones. But for some reason, I cannot understand how to build an Ipod. I still use an iPod every day, but I have no idea how it works, now I try to build an iPod. I can't build it. then I get blasted to peiced by Iron Man;s repulsors.

Guest sirmethos
No no no, The Reach designed it with this capability, this mysterious capability of being a GL smasher, they cultivated the Scarabs that way, they were designed that way, they were designed to have Red energy or whatever causes them to burst through a GL shield, but they cannot replicate magic, because they do not understand how it works, they were not designed to replicate magic, and not only were they not designed, even if it came into contact with magic, as it has, it wouldn't be able to replicate the energy, thats what I'm trying to say.

Again its like this. Say I was born with the ability to make a pencil sharpener or something like that. I can make the pencil sharpener. I can also learn how other things work, like a speaker, or headphones. But for some reason, I cannot understand how to build an Ipod. I still use an iPod every day, but I have no idea how it works, now I try to build an iPod. I can't build it. then I get blasted to peiced by Iron Man;s repulsors.

wrong again.

the Scarabs were designed as a way of expanding Reach territory despite the treaty with the Guardians.

the Scarabs are meant to be Infiltrators, they are meant to be left on inhabited planets, and when the planet reaches a certain technological level, the Scarab assigned to that planet will activate, bond with a native of the planet, and overwrite that persons personality.

the Scarabs are designed to be the primary tool in taking over planets, in a way that the Reach can easily deny that they had anything to do with it.

the Scarabs were not specifically designed to kill, or even fight, Green Lanterns, they were created to take over planets through infiltration, so that fighting the Green Lanterns would not be necessary.

Guest force_echo
wrong again.

the Scarabs were designed as a way of expanding Reach territory despite the treaty with the Guardians.

the Scarabs are meant to be Infiltrators, they are meant to be left on inhabited planets, and when the planet reaches a certain technological level, the Scarab assigned to that planet will activate, bond with a native of the planet, and overwrite that persons personality.

the Scarabs are designed to be the primary tool in taking over planets, in a way that the Reach can easily deny that they had anything to do with it.

the Scarabs were not specifically designed to kill, or even fight, Green Lanterns, they were created to take over planets through infiltration, so that fighting the Green Lanterns would not be necessary.

That may be true, but combating GLs is still a major priority, and as such, they would be equipped for such a task, all you need to do is look at the Scarab's combat directives to see this. " The Scarab sees the Green Lantern Corps as the 'enemy'... As Jaime's experience with the Scarab's armor has developed, the Scarab has taken a more aggressive approach against the Lanterns, urging Jaime to kill them."

Oh, another thing helping the Scarabs in that situation: "The Green Lantern rings, for their part, fear the Scarab, responding in different ways depending on their wielders". Wasn't fear GL's weakness? Oh yeah, it was.

Guest sirmethos
That may be true, but combating GLs is still a major priority, and as such, they would be equipped for such a task, all you need to do is look at the Scarab's combat directives to see this. " The Scarab sees the Green Lantern Corps as the 'enemy'... As Jaime's experience with the Scarab's armor has developed, the Scarab has taken a more aggressive approach against the Lanterns, urging Jaime to kill them."

Oh, another thing helping the Scarabs in that situation: "The Green Lantern rings, for their part, fear the Scarab, responding in different ways depending on their wielders". Wasn't fear GL's weakness? Oh yeah, it was.

you seem to be grasping at straws here.

'fear' in itself is not the weakness. the weakness is towards the color Yellow, which comes because of fear. However, when Jamie first encountered Green Lanterns it was after the whole Parallax thing, which means that Green Lanterns who have "accepted fear", doesn't have that weakness. the ones without that weakness include all the earth based Green Lanterns.

since the Green Lanterns that Jamie has fought are the earth based ones. his feat of blasting through the GL shield, is not because of that weakness.

and you forgot the rest of the quote: "In Jaime's first few days as the Beetle, the Scarab did everything in its power to get him away from the Lanterns - up to and including shifting him outside the universe."

if the Scarab was designed with the purpose of fighting and/or killing Green Lanterns, it would have no reason to flee on sight. it is, to use your own words, common sense.

Guest force_echo
you seem to be grasping at straws here.

'fear' in itself is not the weakness. the weakness is towards the color Yellow, which comes because of fear. However, when Jamie first encountered Green Lanterns it was after the whole Parallax thing, which means that Green Lanterns who have "accepted fear", doesn't have that weakness. the ones without that weakness include all the earth based Green Lanterns.

since the Green Lanterns that Jamie has fought are the earth based ones. his feat of blasting through the GL shield, is not because of that weakness.

and you forgot the rest of the quote: "In Jaime's first few days as the Beetle, the Scarab did everything in its power to get him away from the Lanterns - up to and including shifting him outside the universe."

if the Scarab was designed with the purpose of fighting and/or killing Green Lanterns, it would have no reason to flee on sight. it is, to use your own words, common sense.

It wasn;t designed to kill GL's, but combating GLs was included as a kinda bonus. Like a stero system on a car. There are many reasons why The scarab would have ran rather then fight, perhaps he was outmatched, or didn't think Jamie was up to the task. This is very likely because, as the quote says, this was during his first few days. Combating a GL would be like a cop taking on a mass murdering serial killer on his first day. The fact remains, combating GLs is an important function of the Scarab, whether it is the main one or not.

What? That makes no sense, if yellow is the weakness because it personifies fear, then fear itself would have an even greater impact on a GL, the power comes from willpower, fear interferes with this, and thus, the power diminishes, its called common sense. Fear is a GL weakness, whether the GL's have accepted yellow or not.