Hollow vs. X-23
MATCH SCORE
Hollow: 2
X-23: 5

Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

Iron man Extremis vs Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes)

Guest God-Speed_88

Guest God-Speed_88

Iron Man Extremis

Vs

Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes)

First encounter brawl, close quarters on an abandoned island. Which suit shall prevail?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sirmethos

in a physical combat, ie. a test of strength, durability and speed, Iron Man takes this easily.

if we're talking about an all out combat, with the only rule being that they have to stay on the ground, then Iron Man gets his arse kicked.

Guest God-Speed_88
in a physical combat, ie. a test of strength, durability and speed, Iron Man takes this easily.

if we're talking about an all out combat, with the only rule being that they have to stay on the ground, then Iron Man gets his arse kicked.

Why are they staying on the ground?

Its an all out combat battle between the suits.

Guest sirmethos
Why are they staying on the ground?

Its an all out combat battle between the suits.

nvm, i misunderstood your initial post.

in that case, Blue Beetle ftw.

Guest sirmethos
How?

1. the Scarab(Blue Beetle's sentient armor) can shut down any kind of cameras, microphones, sensors, etc. Surveillance equipment in it's vicinity, up to and including, magical probes. once it does this to Iron Man, he's effectively blind unless he removes the armor.

2. it's Defensive capabilities. the Scarab is capable of creating energy shields powerful enough to tank blasts from the Sinetro Corps' Power Rings. this means that Iron Man has nothing capable of putting out enough damage to actually damage Blue Beetle.

3. the Scarab adapts it's weaponry to its opponent, like using Kryptonite Radiation blasts when fighting Kryptonians, using wide-spread surpressing blasts against large crowds, using anti-magic measures against magical opponents. etc. and it's blasts are powerful enough to penetrate a Green Lanterns energy shields. in other words, it's easily powerful enough to blast through all of Iron Mans defenses like they weren't even there.

4. Blue Beetle is capable of diving into the Bleed for short amounts of time, which makes him capable of nifty things like instantaneous teleportation or going back in time, only a few minutes granted, but going a few minutes back in time is more than enough for a nasty surprise attack. especially 'cos once he Does go back a few minutes, Iron Man will then be fighting 2 identical versions of him.

are you starting to get the picture, or do i have to keep going?

Guest God-Speed_88
1. the Scarab(Blue Beetle's sentient armor) can shut down any kind of cameras, microphones, sensors, etc. Surveillance equipment in it's vicinity, up to and including, magical probes. once it does this to Iron Man, he's effectively blind unless he removes the armor.

2. it's Defensive capabilities. the Scarab is capable of creating energy shields powerful enough to tank blasts from the Sinetro Corps' Power Rings. this means that Iron Man has nothing capable of putting out enough damage to actually damage Blue Beetle.

3. the Scarab adapts it's weaponry to its opponent, like using Kryptonite Radiation blasts when fighting Kryptonians, using wide-spread surpressing blasts against large crowds, using anti-magic measures against magical opponents. etc. and it's blasts are powerful enough to penetrate a Green Lanterns energy shields. in other words, it's easily powerful enough to blast through all of Iron Mans defenses like they weren't even there.

4. Blue Beetle is capable of diving into the Bleed for short amounts of time, which makes him capable of nifty things like instantaneous teleportation or going back in time, only a few minutes granted, but going a few minutes back in time is more than enough for a nasty surprise attack. especially 'cos once he Does go back a few minutes, Iron Man will then be fighting 2 identical versions of him.

Plus BB has the ability to scan people/suits and access there weaknesses. Also the stronger the opponent the more options the Scarab offers Blue Beetle.

Guest force_echo

According to the Wikia, the high end of the powers only destroy a city. And even thats theoritical. Iron Man has withstood many city-levelling blasts before, just one example would be the bioengineered suicide bombers created by Ezekiel Stane, six of them rushed Iron Man and it blew up damn near everything EXCEPT him. He wasn't even phased, he immediatly rushed to save Pepper who was trapped under debris from the blast.

If Iron Man's repulsors can't put out enough power to harm Blue Beetle (which I doubt heavily considering Iron Man was designed to be one of Marvel's most powerful heroes), he can just drain energy and release it back.

Guess what? Iron Man can shut off the same things. Plus, Iron Man's reboot systems are hyper efficient, the only thing it can't easily reboot from is being phased through by a person like Vision or Ktty Pryde. Example, it got hit by SHIELD'S most efficient EMP and it rebooted almost instantly.

Oh, big deal, break through a GL energy field. Guess what? Iron Man's repulsors broke through Galactus' shields, a repulsor blast that ripped through an armor that was designed to withstand a nuclear bomb.

What's it going to adapt to? Iron Man dosen't have any weaknesses, he's not weaker to energy blasts than to missles or something.

I concede the time travelling point, but thats just stupid.

Guest Dark Ranger X
If Iron Man's repulsors can't put out enough power to harm Blue Beetle (which I doubt heavily considering Iron Man was designed to be one of Marvel's most powerful heroes), he can just drain energy and release it back.

I love this rebuttal - "which I doubt considering Iron Man was designed to be one of Marvel's most powerful heroes." Uh, what? Please. He's just a man in a freaking suit. Sure he's powerful, but even a non-Marvel reader like myself is well aware there are a large number of heroes far exceeding Iron Man in terms of power. Like I said, he's just a man in a suit, no matter how technologically advanced it is.

Guess what? Iron Man can shut off the same things. Plus, Iron Man's reboot systems are hyper efficient, the only thing it can't easily reboot from is being phased through by a person like Vision or Ktty Pryde. Example, it got hit by SHIELD'S most efficient EMP and it rebooted almost instantly.

The Scarab is magical in nature, despite turning Jaime Reyes into a techno-warrior. I'm willing to bet the magical energies of the Scarab would overpower the energy of whatever Stark could throw out in terms of "shutdown".

Oh, big deal, break through a GL energy field. Guess what? Iron Man's repulsors broke through Galactus' shields, a repulsor blast that ripped through an armor that was designed to withstand a nuclear bomb.

Do you have any idea at all about what a GL ring can actually do? Not only can an experienced GL split atoms, but any GL can create a shield that can EASILY withstand a nuclear explosion. Hal Jordan was able to create a shield that saved a few heroes at ground zero in Kingdom Come. Kyle Rayner was able to create a shield that saved the JLA from a missile strike that was designed to wipe out (at the time) the earth's most powerful magic user (ie: missiles that would make Nuclear missiles cry). Iron Man being able to tear through shields that can withstand nuclear explosions? A moot point, given that GL's can easily do that same, and these are the types of energy attacks Jamie Reyes can withstand.

What's it going to adapt to? Iron Man dosen't have any weaknesses, he's not weaker to energy blasts than to missles or something.

Stark doesn't have any weaknesses? So (what I presume is still) the Ark Generator in his chest is completely impervious to any kind of attack? If need be, the scarab would create a weapon that could phase through IM's armour and attack the generator directly.

The Blue Beetle that exists now is actually powerful, as opposed to the previous Blue Beetle. It's okay to admit that Iron Man might be outclassed in this one, Force_Echo. Marvel will love you all the more for it.

Guest Dark Ranger X
I don't think he still has the Ark Generator in his chest but I might be wrong.

Anyways, Blue Beetle takes this.

Either way. The point I was trying to make was that whatever is in his chest keeping him alive could be directly targeted by the scarab. So yes, Blue Beetle takes this.

Guest force_echo
I love this rebuttal - "which I doubt considering Iron Man was designed to be one of Marvel's most powerful heroes." Uh, what? Please. He's just a man in a freaking suit. Sure he's powerful, but even a non-Marvel reader like myself is well aware there are a large number of heroes far exceeding Iron Man in terms of power. Like I said, he's just a man in a suit, no matter how technologically advanced it is.

The Scarab is magical in nature, despite turning Jaime Reyes into a techno-warrior. I'm willing to bet the magical energies of the Scarab would overpower the energy of whatever Stark could throw out in terms of "shutdown".

Do you have any idea at all about what a GL ring can actually do? Not only can an experienced GL split atoms, but any GL can create a shield that can EASILY withstand a nuclear explosion. Hal Jordan was able to create a shield that saved a few heroes at ground zero in Kingdom Come. Kyle Rayner was able to create a shield that saved the JLA from a missile strike that was designed to wipe out (at the time) the earth's most powerful magic user (ie: missiles that would make Nuclear missiles cry). Iron Man being able to tear through shields that can withstand nuclear explosions? A moot point, given that GL's can easily do that same, and these are the types of energy attacks Jamie Reyes can withstand.

Stark doesn't have any weaknesses? So (what I presume is still) the Ark Generator in his chest is completely impervious to any kind of attack? If need be, the scarab would create a weapon that could phase through IM's armour and attack the generator directly.

The Blue Beetle that exists now is actually powerful, as opposed to the previous Blue Beetle. It's okay to admit that Iron Man might be outclassed in this one, Force_Echo. Marvel will love you all the more for it.

Jesus Christ, Iron Man hasn't had a damn pacemaker in his chest for years upon years now, I'm tired of this damn argument.

Do you have any idea what Galactus can do? I'll tell you, kick GL's ass. Besides, sources say the highest point BB can get in his attacks are city-leveling, so if BB broke GL's shield, it must not be that strong.

You're missing the main point in my argument, Iron Man rechannel BB's energy, though I don't think he would need to. And yes, there are heores stronger than Iron Man: Xavier, Black Bolt, Silver Surfer, and Thor. What I was saying was, he was designed to be straight up godlike, Stan Lee said it himself, I read the interview in Iron Man: The Man Behind The Armor. I should have never brought that up however, so my apologies.

Guest sirmethos

"According to the Wikia, the high end of the powers only destroy a city. And even thats theoritical. Iron Man has withstood many city-levelling blasts before, just one example would be the bioengineered suicide bombers created by Ezekiel Stane, six of them rushed Iron Man and it blew up damn near everything EXCEPT him. He wasn't even phased, he immediatly rushed to save Pepper who was trapped under debris from the blast. "

according to the wikia you say? which wikia exactly are you looking on, 'cos the only thing i could find on wikia's about energy blasts from Blue Beetle(jamie reyes version) was this:

"# Antagonist Adaptation: The armor can tailor its blasts for use against specific opponents (e.g., Kryptonite radiation against a Kryptonian, suppression blast against a mob). The blasts can penetrate a Green Lantern ring's shield. The armor can call up anti-magic effects against magical opponents. By the Scarab's own estimation, it can even develop countermeasures that can take on the Spectre. " dc.wikia

"Jaime alludes to weapons which may be powerful enough to harm even the Spectre, one of DC's most powerful characters, claiming that some of the weapons were of W.M.D. caliber" Wikiapedia

"If Iron Man's repulsors can't put out enough power to harm Blue Beetle (which I doubt heavily considering Iron Man was designed to be one of Marvel's most powerful heroes), he can just drain energy and release it back."

how exactly is he going to drain energy from a shield, when he's trying to avoid getting killed? if he get's close enough to start draining the shields, he's also close enough that he won't be able to dodge the energy blasts from the Beetle.

"Guess what? Iron Man can shut off the same things. Plus, Iron Man's reboot systems are hyper efficient, the only thing it can't easily reboot from is being phased through by a person like Vision or Ktty Pryde. Example, it got hit by SHIELD'S most efficient EMP and it rebooted almost instantly."

guess what, the Blue Beetle/Scarab is magical in nature, and if Iron Man's systems reboot, then the Scarab will notice, and adjust it's method of shutting it down to something that sticks.

"Oh, big deal, break through a GL energy field. Guess what? Iron Man's repulsors broke through Galactus' shields, a repulsor blast that ripped through an armor that was designed to withstand a nuclear bomb."

GL energy fields are able to withstand an all out punch from Superman and take Darkseids Omega Effect. ripping through an armor designed to withstand a nuclear blast is nice, but the GL energy shield is able to protect them when they travel through black holes. personally i'd like to see Iron Man try doing that.

"What's it going to adapt to? Iron Man dosen't have any weaknesses, he's not weaker to energy blasts than to missles or something."

you're kidding me right?

ok, i'll put it in simple terms:

Iron Mans armor is an electrical system, the Extremis in particular is nanite technology. nanites work by communicating wirelessly. the Scarab adapts to Iron Man, and disrupts the communication between the nanites. and violá no armor.

if that doesn't work. the armor is made of specific metals, and energy shields at specific frequences. the Scarab adapts and it's attacks are now specifically designed Against those metals and frequencies.

Bottom line: Iron Man is outclassed. Blue Beetle ftw.

in his Bleeding Edge armor he might have a chance, but with Extremis, he's getting his arse kicked quite easily.

Guest Dark Ranger X
Jesus Christ, Iron Man hasn't had a damn pacemaker in his chest for years upon years now, I'm tired of this damn argument.

What pacemaker? He's still got the arc reactor in his chest according to the wiki, so I assume that's still keeping him alive?

Or does he have a thumping great energy source mounted in his chest for some other reason?

Guest force_echo
What pacemaker? He's still got the arc reactor in his chest according to the wiki, so I assume that's still keeping him alive?

Or does he have a thumping great energy source mounted in his chest for some other reason?

Its not keeping him alive, thats the power source for the armor, it in the chestplate of the armor not in stark's chest.

Guest force_echo
"According to the Wikia, the high end of the powers only destroy a city. And even thats theoritical. Iron Man has withstood many city-levelling blasts before, just one example would be the bioengineered suicide bombers created by Ezekiel Stane, six of them rushed Iron Man and it blew up damn near everything EXCEPT him. He wasn't even phased, he immediatly rushed to save Pepper who was trapped under debris from the blast. "

according to the wikia you say? which wikia exactly are you looking on, 'cos the only thing i could find on wikia's about energy blasts from Blue Beetle(jamie reyes version) was this:

"# Antagonist Adaptation: The armor can tailor its blasts for use against specific opponents (e.g., Kryptonite radiation against a Kryptonian, suppression blast against a mob). The blasts can penetrate a Green Lantern ring's shield. The armor can call up anti-magic effects against magical opponents. By the Scarab's own estimation, it can even develop countermeasures that can take on the Spectre. " dc.wikia

"Jaime alludes to weapons which may be powerful enough to harm even the Spectre, one of DC's most powerful characters, claiming that some of the weapons were of W.M.D. caliber" Wikiapedia

"If Iron Man's repulsors can't put out enough power to harm Blue Beetle (which I doubt heavily considering Iron Man was designed to be one of Marvel's most powerful heroes), he can just drain energy and release it back."

how exactly is he going to drain energy from a shield, when he's trying to avoid getting killed? if he get's close enough to start draining the shields, he's also close enough that he won't be able to dodge the energy blasts from the Beetle.

"Guess what? Iron Man can shut off the same things. Plus, Iron Man's reboot systems are hyper efficient, the only thing it can't easily reboot from is being phased through by a person like Vision or Ktty Pryde. Example, it got hit by SHIELD'S most efficient EMP and it rebooted almost instantly."

guess what, the Blue Beetle/Scarab is magical in nature, and if Iron Man's systems reboot, then the Scarab will notice, and adjust it's method of shutting it down to something that sticks.

"Oh, big deal, break through a GL energy field. Guess what? Iron Man's repulsors broke through Galactus' shields, a repulsor blast that ripped through an armor that was designed to withstand a nuclear bomb."

GL energy fields are able to withstand an all out punch from Superman and take Darkseids Omega Effect. ripping through an armor designed to withstand a nuclear blast is nice, but the GL energy shield is able to protect them when they travel through black holes. personally i'd like to see Iron Man try doing that.

"What's it going to adapt to? Iron Man dosen't have any weaknesses, he's not weaker to energy blasts than to missles or something."

you're kidding me right?

ok, i'll put it in simple terms:

Iron Mans armor is an electrical system, the Extremis in particular is nanite technology. nanites work by communicating wirelessly. the Scarab adapts to Iron Man, and disrupts the communication between the nanites. and violá no armor.

if that doesn't work. the armor is made of specific metals, and energy shields at specific frequences. the Scarab adapts and it's attacks are now specifically designed Against those metals and frequencies.

Bottom line: Iron Man is outclassed. Blue Beetle ftw.

in his Bleeding Edge armor he might have a chance, but with Extremis, he's getting his arse kicked quite easily.

"According to Jaime, the Scarab has a number of 'options' beyond those listed below, some of which are apparently capable of destroying a city."

Implies that the top level of Jamie's powers can destroy a city, and even that's theoritical.

The Scarab's own estimation and what it actually does are two different things. The blasts are not strong enough to break through GL rings, they naturally do. The nature of the blast bypasses the ring's energy field.

He can drain Jamie's energy blasts. He took on Terrax and the Silver surfer and thor with this ability.

I'd like to see Jamie ripping through Galactus' shields. Galactus, in case you don't know, is one of the most powerful beings in the MU, his shields are stronger than GL's.

Not really, once their bonded into a complete armor, the nanites can't be individually effected.

Guest shellsbut

Extremis can adapt to anything Bbeetle throws at him. If this was an older Ironman then he would lose, Extremis wins after a decent fight. Bbeetle powers so far are mostly speculation and theory. Extremis is proven kick ass.

Guest Dark Ranger X
Extremis can adapt to anything Bbeetle throws at him. If this was an older Ironman then he would lose, Extremis wins after a decent fight. Bbeetle powers so far are mostly speculation and theory. Extremis is proven kick ass.

Speculation and theory? Isn't that what every fight result is based on on this site if the combatants aren't from the same universe? What a load of crap. You obviously have no idea what the scarab is even capable of. Iron Man would lose, period. It wouldn't be a quick fight, but it certainly wouldn't be a long fight.

In fact, it'd go something like this...

- Fight starts.

- Iron Man starts a scan, to see what he's up against.

- The scarab shakes things up by altering the scan result to seem like Tony's scanning something completely different; Tony adapts as a result.

- Blue Beetle smiles and takes over the Iron Man suit, before forcing Tony to go play in a vat or fairy floss, somewhere.

Guest force_echo

Blue beetle wouldn't be able to take over Iron Man's suit, its directly linked to him , which means, to take over the suit, BB would have to to take over Tony Stark's mind, which is a problem, because Stark is immune to telepaths and BB dosen't have telepathy in the first place.