X-23: 5

Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

Tony Stark v.s. Bruce Wayne

Guest force_echo

Guest force_echo

I think you're missing the part of the comment where I said, "not really, but you know what I mean". I was just kidding. My logic was Peter=Clark but in more realistic ways. And I never mentioned Bucky-Cap I was talking about Steve-Cap. When someone mentions Captain America, they're usually talking about Steve Rogers unless mentioned otherwise.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest force_echo

As for Tony vs. Bruce if they met in business suits with nothing else, Tony would destroy. His entire armor is contained within himself now. Put on the armor, beat the living shit out of batman.

Guest Red Blue Blur
As for Tony vs. Bruce if they met in business suits with nothing else, Tony would destroy. His entire armor is contained within himself now. Put on the armor, beat the living shit out of batman.

your going to try and argue this again? You have got to be the slowest most annoying member on here to date

Guest force_echo
Yes please due. These claims are getting rediculous

Really? This isn't a claim, you've got to be the worst sore loser on here, Tony's entire suit is stored in his body now. Which means Tony wins.

Guest God-Speed_88
Relatability isn't really opinion. I can think that I'm most relatable to Gandhi, but most likely I'm much more relatable to a kid who went to the same school I did and grew up in the same neighborhood.

I assume(and really hope) that he was talking about Steve Rogers, not Bucky.

But yeah, a few holes in the logic there.

*Slaps himself* Yes obviously I was talking about Steve, I must have been to blind sided in my rant to think straight. Thank you for pointing that out. I really don't know why I said that.

Guest Red Blue Blur
Really? This isn't a claim, you've got to be the worst sore loser on here, Tony's entire suit is stored in his body now. Which means Tony wins.

In a H2H fight between Bruce and Tony, Bruce wins every time. In a battle between Batman and Iron Man, Iron Man would win 8 out of 10. End of story. I'm tired of this redundant posts. Everyone knows it but you and Knowing Im write I refuse to continue in this circus.

Omega11 said:
So then, for you, the most relatable person ever is Jesus?

I don't know about any of you, but I can tell you that I am certainly not without sin, even if I'd like to be.

Similarly, while Superman may be someone to aspire to, he's not really someone most people can relate to.

Peter Parker has girl troubles, money troubles, school troubles, bully troubles, etc. Just about everyone can relate to his experiences in one way or another.

Bro. 'aspiring' for, and relating to ar two different things. Where did I ever talk about being 'free of sin'. I only said: What we accept as relatable, and what should be, should determine our gray line of acceptance and reason. Isn't humanity capable of rising 'above' itself only with that context?

Just accepting something because it is a weakness or because it is a common trait, and rolling with it is morally, logically wrong. What is right is, comprehend a shortcoming, but know it is wrong, rather than call it relatable and roll on.

Hence my point: There should be a line drawn of how far heroes can sink in a hole. That is because they should be someone to aspire to, not necessarily someone who always displays pitfalls like the rest of us 'regular folks'.

Relataleble in comics should be upto a certain extent. How does this sound?

When Superman lost Pa (to Braniac, for real), he felt pain and the grief was some of the most expressive (be it Gary Frank's art) that has shown in comics in the last 2 - 3 years. . Can we relate to that? When he thought he killed Lois, he lost his marbles entirely, expressing hopelessness and rage, sucumbing to Lord's smanipulation. Can we relate to that? When he couldn't save an insect world along with fellow Leaguers, he cried at his inability to do so. Can we relate to that? When he thought he lost Pa in the Imperiex wars, he cried and looked very hurt. Can we relate to that? What are you talking about? Isn't that enough 'relatable' for a character of Superman's stature? I think it is farily acceptable.

The question should not be, is it relatable? it should go further and ask, how relatable should it be? These are comic heroes for crying out loud, and should to some point, be above our regular comprehension.

Call me stupid, and I know folks wanted to shut the thread, but after reading some of the comments, some which totally went the other way than I intended, I was compelled to return a post. And I am not sure if this is a thread that should close yet, after all, since it discusses diction that has no end as the opininions will vary from person to person, but good diction it is. Cheers.

Guest Omega11
baneblade said:
Bro. 'aspiring' for, and relating to ar two different things.

Did you even read my post? This is exactly what I said.

baneblade said:
Hence my point: There should be a line drawn of how far heroes can sink in a hole. That is because they should be someone to aspire to, not necessarily someone who always displays pitfalls like the rest of us 'regular folks'.

I'm not saying that heroes shouldn't be someone to aspire too, on the contrary, it's a necessity. However one of the best parts about heroes is that when they face those everyday problems, they overcome them. They rise to the challenge and show us how to deal with everyday problems, as oppossed to simply not encountering them.

baneblade said:
Relataleble in comics should be upto a certain extent. How does this sound?

When Superman lost Pa (to Braniac, for real), he felt pain and the grief was some of the most expressive (be it Gary Frank's art) that has shown in comics in the last 2 - 3 years. . Can we relate to that? When he thought he killed Lois, he lost his marbles entirely, expressing hopelessness and rage, sucumbing to Lord's smanipulation. Can we relate to that? When he couldn't save an insect world along with fellow Leaguers, he cried at his inability to do so. Can we relate to that? When he thought he lost Pa in the Imperiex wars, he cried and looked very hurt. Can we relate to that? What are you talking about? Isn't that enough 'relatable' for a character of Superman's stature? I think it is farily acceptable.

Half a dozen relatable instances are in no way comparable to a character whose entire life is relatable.

baneblade said:
The question should not be, is it relatable? it should go further and ask, how relatable should it be? These are comic heroes for crying out loud, and should to some point, be above our regular comprehension.

So you think heroes should have no flaws whatsoever? Yeah, that would be exciting.

baneblade said:
Call me stupid, and I know folks wanted to shut the thread, but after reading some of the comments, some which totally went the other way than I intended, I was compelled to return a post. And I am not sure if this is a thread that should close yet, after all, since it discusses diction that has no end as the opininions will vary from person to person, but good diction it is. Cheers.

Well right now we're completely off topic.

Did you even read my post? This is exactly what I said.

I'm not saying that heroes shouldn't be someone to aspire too, on the contrary, it's a necessity. However one of the best parts about heroes is that when they face those everyday problems, they overcome them. They rise to the challenge and show us how to deal with everyday problems, as oppossed to simply not encountering them.

Half a dozen relatable instances are in no way comparable to a character whose entire life is relatable.

So you think heroes should have no flaws whatsoever? Yeah, that would be exciting.

Well right now we're completely off topic.

Half a dozen instances, unrelatable, that's your opinion bro. if it is an instant that is human, more than super, and people face it day to day, and the reaction us no better, to me it is relatable 'enough' to accept.

Did I say that anywhere? That heroes SHOULD NOT HAVE FLAWS. Maybe I should put myself forth a bit more clearly. What I was trying to imply was, that folks are pushing the 'flawed' angle so much that it has become redundant. Even DC started doing this, excessively, post Identity Crisis. True, we read the books, and true, it makes characters interesting, but 'pushing the envelope' to the point thatit becomes taboo is 'overkill.' Like Marvel, at forms, take repeated, 'oberkilled' pride that their heroes are 'relatable', flawed. Necessarily, that's not the way everyone looks. My opinion is, that there should be a 'barricade' of how much flaws a character can have. My opinion.

And, what are these 'everyday' issues that were dealt with 'effectively'? From what I know, at the end of every comic, be it Spiderman, be it Ironman, the issues remained, sidelined only by crude comical story strewn in between. Lost MJ, after discovering her after years (following Jackal tale), Stark, lost his love at so many ends, Hulk is beyond comprehension, even with the term 'relatable'. So, what were these issues that were resolved effectively at the end of the day? I am not saying, that there are none. But, I would like to hear about them. The least it does is inspire hope in 'common populace' like me.

Guest Shockwave
Almost every damn superhero does that. Just in more realistic ways. You think Peter dosen't dp the right thing? In my opinion, Parker has the strongest sense of good and willpower in comic book history. Yes, even more so than Cap. Well not more so than Cap, because he's Marvel's equivalent to supes as far as characters go. But you know what I mean.

He made a deal with the devil. One More Day.

Sorry, but no. This isn't willpower. He willingly sold his marriage (wtf?) to bring the soul of his aunt back from the dead. His 80 year old aunt who's body is probably a living hell of pain. EVEN AFTER HE SPOKE WITH HER IN THE SPIRITUAL PLAN AND SHE TOLD HIM TO GET OVER IT!

Wow. This is the equivalent of Superman? Sorry but to be fair no. Just no. That's 100% selfish and actually cruel. What did May do to deserve a fate like that?

Guest force_echo
He made a deal with the devil. One More Day.

Sorry, but no. This isn't willpower. He willingly sold his marriage (wtf?) to bring the soul of his aunt back from the dead. His 80 year old aunt who's body is probably a living hell of pain. EVEN AFTER HE SPOKE WITH HER IN THE SPIRITUAL PLAN AND SHE TOLD HIM TO GET OVER IT!

Wow. This is the equivalent of Superman? Sorry but to be fair no. Just no. That's 100% selfish and actually cruel. What did May do to deserve a fate like that?

What the hell? Aunt May is living an existence of hell and pain? I dont know about you, but she seems pretty happy to me. Parker sold his marrige because he thought it was the right thing to do. How is that freaking selfish in any way, that is gotta be the most complete bullshit ever. Parker valued his marrige, the whole reason Mephisto wanted the marrige is because it was extremly rare, based on pure love. If Aunt May was just passing away, theres no way Parker would sell his marrige, but what the catch was is that she died by a bullet intended for him. Show me a sacrifice Superman has made that even comes close to this. Like I said before, Parker=Superman but in more realistic ways.

Guest Red Blue Blur
What the hell? Aunt May is living an existence of hell and pain? I dont know about you, but she seems pretty happy to me. Parker sold his marrige because he thought it was the right thing to do. How is that freaking selfish in any way, that is gotta be the most complete bullshit ever. Parker valued his marrige, the whole reason Mephisto wanted the marrige is because it was extremly rare, based on pure love. If Aunt May was just passing away, theres no way Parker would sell his marrige, but what the catch was is that she died by a bullet intended for him. Show me a sacrifice Superman has made that even comes close to this. Like I said before, Parker=Superman but in more realistic ways.

How about Superman sacrificing his own life to save the world against Doomsday.

Guest Shockwave

1. Pain that comes from old age. It's a physical pain. Seriously how old was she? 80 years old?

2. Granted that I'm not 100% up to date on Spiderman, but what I did gather from fan outrage and Atop the Fourth Wall Peter SPOKE TO MAY IN THE SPIRIT PLANE ASKING NOT TO BE BROUGHT BACK! Grief is traumatizing yes I'll give you that. Seeing a loved one die in front of you for that yes. Now, if they speak to you in a dream, before they die, or you speak to them in a dream and TELLS YOU TO MOVE ON it stops becoming traumatic and a quest for redemption to a whiny angst fest about how you couldn't do anything to save them.

3. Yes, and I know that MJ told him to sell it to save her. Now, MJ basically jumps points here, but at the same time doesn't move because of how STUPID this whole concept is.

4. Again I have to ask WHY DOES HE WANT THEIR MARRIAGE? WHAT DOES LOVE HAVE TO DO WITH A WAR ON SOULS? wouldn't it have made more sense to ask for their first born? That makes a little more sense to me because of something that has value to him, A SOUL