X-23: 5

Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

Tony Stark v.s. Bruce Wayne

Guest force_echo

Guest God-Speed_88
This is complete bullshit, I stopped reading after the top company only had yeilds of 1.7 trillion. Modern Stark Industries has well over 14 trillion a year. Even when stark was manufacturing weaponry he was making at least 500 billion.

Scans?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Virlega

I'd also like to point out that most of Iron Man's rogue gallery isn't exactly the best.

Some examples:

Stilt man.

Unicorn.

Whirlwind.

Backlash.

However that said, I will give Marvel its due credit.

Ezekiel Stane

Spymaster

Mandarin

And despite being a Talia Al Ghul clone, Madame Mask has had her moments.

I would mention MODOK but I don't know which category to place him in.

Iron man has had some great confrontations with villains from other heroes (there have been some very good Doc Doom fights), but of the villains created for him, many fall flat (IMO).

Guest force_echo

I admit, 80% of Iron Man villains are complete bs, but Ezekiel Stane is as good as the Joker in my opinion. New gen. terrorism, he is an amazing villain. Even the first Stane was a great villain. Hell even JUSTIN HAMMER was a decent villain (they totally destroyed him in Iron Man 2).

Guest God-Speed_88
I admit, 80% of Iron Man villains are complete bs, but Ezekiel Stane is as good as the Joker in my opinion. New gen. terrorism, he is an amazing villain. Even the first Stane was a great villain. Hell even JUSTIN HAMMER was a decent villain (they totally destroyed him in Iron Man 2).

So you have no evidence to support your claims?

Just admit that Batman is the superior character. There is no shame in it, he one of the greatest comic characters ever to exist.

Guest force_echo
So you have no evidence to support your claims?

Just admit that Batman is the superior character. There is no shame in it, he one of the greatest comic characters ever to exist.

Support what claims? Its not a claim its an opinion. Ezekiel is like the Joker, he has control of terrorist cells, he is a next gen. villain. Batman is not a superior character, and its an opinion, so I could really care less if you think Tony is superior or not. Im arguing that Stark Ind. is so much bigger than Wayne Corp., I'm not gonna be bothered to pull up scans, if you want proof, go read Invincible Iron Man.

Guest Red Blue Blur

Everyone face it. Echo refuses to see the light in his arguements. Bruce Wayne has dveloped a space station large enough to house most of the worlds superheros plus staff and vehicles. He has developed transdimensional portals using martian tech, a laser on the watchtower equal to a nuclear railgun, a station on the moon, designed the guantlet space ships, and rewired a boom tube (new god tech).

Those few inventions and accomplishments equal anything Stark has made in my opinion. Plus while managing his company with no faults he manages to operate both personas.

I have to give Bruce the win in business, technical savviness, and combat.

Also no character from Iron Man compares to the Joker. I would have to say that the Joker is a unique character in ALL of comics. There isnt another like him.

Guest God-Speed_88
Support what claims? Its not a claim its an opinion. Ezekiel is like the Joker, he has control of terrorist cells, he is a next gen. villain. Batman is not a superior character, and its an opinion, so I could really care less if you think Tony is superior or not. Im arguing that Stark Ind. is so much bigger than Wayne Corp., I'm not gonna be bothered to pull up scans, if you want proof, go read Invincible Iron Man.

I was taking about the company profits you claimed previously.

Guest force_echo
Everyone face it. Echo refuses to see the light in his arguements. Bruce Wayne has dveloped a space station large enough to house most of the worlds superheros plus staff and vehicles. He has developed transdimensional portals using martian tech, a laser on the watchtower equal to a nuclear railgun, a station on the moon, designed the guantlet space ships, and rewired a boom tube (new god tech).

Those few inventions and accomplishments equal anything Stark has made in my opinion. Plus while managing his company with no faults he manages to operate both personas.

I have to give Bruce the win in business, technical savviness, and combat.

Also no character from Iron Man compares to the Joker. I would have to say that the Joker is a unique character in ALL of comics. There isnt another like him.

If Batman was so damn good, then how come he runs around in Kevlar armor? How come Iron Man would completly *insensitivity* Batman if Iron Man was in his armor and Batman had w/e he wanted? People seem to forget that, if he was fighting in the open, Batman would lose to three thugs with AKs. Tony has built a space station capable of blowing up a planet, a suit superior to anything Bruce has built, is building, and will ever build; reverse engineered Galactus tech, and has a company bigger than anything Bruce wayne will ever dream of. You haven't even read freaking Ezekiel Stane have you? Hes better than the Joker, he has the same mind, but he can actually dish it out in person too. He has defeated an Iron Man suit of armor, something Bruce Wayne will never do. People seem to forget that Joker used to be lame as shit back in the day, like his master plot would be turning the city's water supply into jello or some lame shit like that.

Guest force_echo

Heres a comment I found from the old CBUB that I find to be particularly enriching. Razorback writes:

Well i'm sure Bruce will take this on the "because he's batman, that's why" clause, as he usually does, but looking at it a bit more logically....

First, we compare...

TECHNOLOGY

Bruce's Wayne Industries creates gadgets which help Batman to be the terror of smalltime crooks and lunatics all over Gotham. He's produced suits of armor before, none of which can even come within spitting distance of the power levels of DC's top dawgs.

Stark Industries creates Gadgets that make the Iron Man one of the single most powerful superheroes in the Marvel Universe. They turn Iron Man into terror for cosmic beings. Somebody who can go toe to toe with the likes of Thor, and Incredible Hulk. And maybe, just maybe with a bit of strategic thinking, actually win.

Iron Man only just barely missed making it into the top ten most powerful heroes of all time list done a few years back. That says everything you need to know about the difference in technological advancement between Stark industries and Wayne Enterprises.

Now we Compare

FINANCES

Wayne Enterprises funds charities, civic services, and batman's low-to-mid scale(Compared to Iron Man's at least) technology.

Stark Enterprises funds charities, Iron Man's massively superior up to date technology, multiple specialized varieties of his own primary armor including War Machine, and Hulkbuster suits, the creation of hundreds of Gaurdian knock-off armors(Batman's best suit of armor is about equal to a single suit of Gaurdian Armor), dozens of old and now obsolete Armor designs, AND he Funds the Avengers.

Is there really any question who has superior finances?

Let's Compare

POLITICAL INFLUENCE

Wayne Enterprises is almost exclusively centered and focused in Gotham. While it fills many government contracts, it's just one corporation amongst many who does so. That's as Bruce Wayne. As Batman he's just another vigilante.

Stark Enterprises is, and has for a long time been deeply connected in the government. Stark has supplied them with many weapons and technologies, and has worked very intimately with the government in both his identities. He has many levels of security clearance.

Is there really any question who has superior political influence?

Bruce's only advantage is that strategically he's smarter. But not by a large enough margin to cancel out Tony's technological, political, and financial advantages. Bruce has a small headstart in Strategic Brains, but tony has a huge headstart in the other three categories.

Tony's battle with the bottle is resolved for the most part. As resolved as such a battle can ever be. It doesn't enter into this. If anything it's made him a stronger man for this showdown.

Even Experience-wise Tony has the advantage. Very few, if any Batman storylines have ever focused on a corporate battle. Only one in fact, which I dont beleive they ever even resolved adequately if I remember correctly. He's so pathologically obsessed with being Batman he leaves Wayne Enterprises almost exclusively in Lucius Fox's hands. It's ironic really. He could do more good as Bruce Wayne than he ever could as Batman, but he's too blinded by his obsession to realize that.

Tony Stark has a VERY active hand in Stark Industries. He understands the power he has as Tony Stark is in many ways far greater than the power he has as Iron Man, and he puts it to use every single day. He's had more than a few corporate take over storylines in his day.

But Bruce will take this, because he's Batman.

Guest God-Speed_88
If Batman was so damn good, then how come he runs around in Kevlar armor? How come Iron Man would completly *insensitivity* Batman if Iron Man was in his armor and Batman had w/e he wanted? People seem to forget that, if he was fighting in the open, Batman would lose to three thugs with AKs. Tony has built a space station capable of blowing up a planet, a suit superior to anything Bruce has built, is building, and will ever build; reverse engineered Galactus tech, and has a company bigger than anything Bruce wayne will ever dream of. You haven't even read freaking Ezekiel Stane have you? Hes better than the Joker, he has the same mind, but he can actually dish it out in person too. He has defeated an Iron Man suit of armor, something Bruce Wayne will never do. People seem to forget that Joker used to be lame as shit back in the day, like his master plot would be turning the city's water supply into jello or some lame shit like that.

Batman doesn't have a suit like Ironman because he isn't that type of character.

He also has a no kill policy, having laser canons wouldn't really seem appropriate.

The fact that Batman uses basic ninja styled weaponry shows how amazing/clever/skilled he really is.

*Sighs* Back to the 'bigger company' argument with no supporting evidence. I showed you a Forbes (One of the biggest business magazines ever) study saying that Wayne Enterprises has a greater net worth. It may not be perfect but it is a lot better than just repeating the same statements.

Guest God-Speed_88

As for villains:

Joker

Clayface

Hugo Strange

Bane

Catwomen

Poison Ivy

Harvey Dent

Riddler

Black Mask

Killer Croc

Mr Freeze

Penguin

Top that

Guest Red Blue Blur
Why does he run around in kevlar? because he is not bullet proof. Iron Man would beat Batman in a fight if Batman was in the middle of the open and caught by surprise. Batman has beaten characters that would make Iron Man look stupid. The key to Batman is knowing his opponents. Give Batman time to study Iron Mans behavior and abilities and he would find a way to win. When it comes down to it Iron Man cant hit what he cant see. Batman thrives in the dark. I would Imagine if Batman could beat an Amazo robot that he didnt have time to prepare for Iron Man should be relatively easy because Tony would drastically underestimate him.

On another point Ezekiel is in no way comparable as Joker. The Joker has shown time and again intellect that would make it hard for Iron Man to even catch him. As I said before Batman thrives in the dark. Batman has faced off with enemies that would rip Iron Man in half and come out on top. Despero, Darkseid, Amazo, Sinestro, Brainiac, and a possessed Superman.

Guest force_echo
Why does he run around in kevlar? because he is not bullet proof. Iron Man would beat Batman in a fight if Batman was in the middle of the open and caught by surprise. Batman has beaten characters that would make Iron Man look stupid. The key to Batman is knowing his opponents. Give Batman time to study Iron Mans behavior and abilities and he would find a way to win. When it comes down to it Iron Man cant hit what he cant see. Batman thrives in the dark. I would Imagine if Batman could beat an Amazo robot that he didnt have time to prepare for Iron Man should be relatively easy because Tony would drastically underestimate him.

On another point Ezekiel is in no way comparable as Joker. The Joker has shown time and again intellect that would make it hard for Iron Man to even catch him. As I said before Batman thrives in the dark. Batman has faced off with enemies that would rip Iron Man in half and come out on top. Despero, Darkseid, Amazo, Sinestro, Brainiac, and a possessed Superman.

Thats because Batman is one of the biggest PIS machines in DC. Like I said, if it were a straight up fight, Batman would get *insensitivity'd* by 3 thugs with AKs. The fact that he runs around in stupid tights with minimal protection and no real technology, just shows how unbeleivably stupid of a character he is.

You've never even read Ezekiel have you? He is so much smarter than Joker its not even remotely comparable. Ezekiel is smarter in sense of technology and sense of plot. Joker is regional and stupid. Its unrealistic how noone has put a bullet in the middle of his forehead.

Iron Man would beat Batman in any configuration possible.

Like I said, Forbes is not really the top go to for comic industries. Putting an outdated article which obviously has little care for comics is about as stupid of a source as you can get. Even when he was just manufacturing weapons he was listed as the second richest man in the world (thanks to Iron Man comics establishing that he'd just been beaten out by his long time childhood friend who was sleeping with Rumiko). Then he gave like 99.9 percent of his money away to the Maria Stark foundation and he was still the 36th richest man in the world, as shown in IIM #7. Then he super amped his corporation into basically providing tech for the entire planet and his wealth became incalcuable. Im not going to be bothered by putting up scans, if you want to see how rich stark is nowadays, read Invincible Iron Man.

Guest God-Speed_88
Thats because Batman is one of the biggest PIS machines in DC. Like I said, if it were a straight up fight, Batman would get *insensitivity'd* by 3 thugs with AKs. The fact that he runs around in stupid tights with minimal protection and no real technology, just shows how unbeleivably stupid of a character he is.

You've never even read Ezekiel have you? He is so much smarter than Joker its not even remotely comparable. Ezekiel is smarter in sense of technology and sense of plot. Joker is regional and stupid. Its unrealistic how noone has put a bullet in the middle of his forehead.

Iron Man would beat Batman in any configuration possible.

Like I said, Forbes is not really the top go to for comic industries. Putting an outdated article which obviously has little care for comics is about as stupid of a source as you can get. Even when he was just manufacturing weapons he was listed as the second richest man in the world (thanks to Iron Man comics establishing that he'd just been beaten out by his long time childhood friend who was sleeping with Rumiko). Then he gave like 99.9 percent of his money away to the Maria Stark foundation and he was still the 36th richest man in the world, as shown in IIM #7. Then he super amped his corporation into basically providing tech for the entire planet and his wealth became incalcuable. Im not going to be bothered by putting up scans, if you want to see how rich stark is nowadays, read Invincible Iron Man.

Calling Batman and the Joker stupid isn't going to earn you any points.

All your points refer to Stark being the richest man in the Marvel Universe... that is all. Forbes is a well respected magazine, they don't just include any old articles.

Forbes is the go to magazine when it comes to business, the thing we are discussing.

To be honest your argument has become petty and futile. The fact that you disregarded two of the most iconic comic characters ever as being stupid is beyond me.

Guest force_echo

Jesus, get Batman out of your ass, he is not a Messiah, I'm not a heretic because I think Batman is stupid, it is not sacriledge to point out the obvious. The two most iconic figures in comic history are Superman and Captain America. Forbes is the go to magazine for real business, not comic books. But fine, you wanna play that, here: Check This Out. And this was Tony when he was the 36th richest man in the MU, imagine him as the first, he would stomp on Wayne. Plus there's the fact that Wayne inherited most of his company, Tony built it all up by himself. Numerous times.

Interesting... Tony without his armor could still win in a fistfight with Batman, if that was what came down to it. This would increase Tony's chances of winning:

"Superhuman Reflexes: The Extremis virus grants him super speed reactions and movements."

Tony has had training from Cap, so that further improves his chances.

Guest God-Speed_88
Jesus, get Batman out of your ass, he is not a Messiah, I'm not a heretic because I think Batman is stupid, it is not sacriledge to point out the obvious. The two most iconic figures in comic history are Superman and Captain America. Forbes is the go to magazine for real business, not comic books. But fine, you wanna play that, here: Check This Out. And this was Tony when he was the 36th richest man in the MU, imagine him as the first, he would stomp on Wayne. Plus there's the fact that Wayne inherited most of his company, Tony built it all up by himself. Numerous times.

Captain America? I'm pretty sure more people know who Batman is compared to Captain America, especially outside of the US. I have friends who wouldn't have a clue as to who Cap is, but could tell you a fairly decent description of Batman and his peeps.

Saying Batman is stupid is an opinion and that can't be argued. It can however tell me how poor your taste in character is.

Guest force_echo
Interesting... Tony without his armor could still win in a fistfight with Batman, if that was what came down to it. This would increase Tony's chances of winning:

"Superhuman Reflexes: The Extremis virus grants him super speed reactions and movements."

Tony has had training from Cap, so that further improves his chances.

Plus he has an accelerated healing factor while wearing extremis.

Guest God-Speed_88

Batman in terms of fighting could defeat Cap so having Stark trained by him doesn't help.

Batman has fought off characters with super humans abilities numerous amount of times.

Batman uses is combat skills all the time to defeat his opponents, Stark doesn't...he uses his suit to fight.

Guest force_echo
Batman in terms of fighting could defeat Cap so having Stark trained by him doesn't help.

Batman has fought off characters with super humans abilities numerous amount of times.

Batman uses is combat skills all the time to defeat his opponents, Stark doesn't...he uses his suit to fight.

Yeah he fought off people with superhuman abilities using his low tech gadgetry. He fought against Bane in H2H and got his ass handed to him. Badly. Batman being better than cap is a matter of opinion, both are one of the best martial artists in their respective universes. Just because bats gets good writers occasionaly people forget that he is a low, street level fighter, Iron Man is so out of his league its not even funny.

Proof?

Yeah, but this would be strictly only hand to hand. He has had used his gadgets to fight said super humans a majority of the times.

He has been trained and his ability to have superhuman reflexes and movement would effectively allow him to do well in close encounters by allowing him to be faster... and get in hits, etc.

Guest force_echo
Proof?

Yeah, but this would be strictly only hand to hand. He has had used his gadgets to fight said super humans a majority of the times.

He has been trained and his ability to have superhuman reflexes and movement would effectively allow him to do well in close encounters by allowing him to be faster... and get int hits, etc.

Plus any damage Wayne would do to him would be negated by his healing factor. Wow, IM wins in every aspect. i though Batman would at least get the unarmed combat portion, guess I was wrong.

Guest God-Speed_88
Yeah he fought off people with superhuman abilities using his low tech gadgetry. He fought against Bane in H2H and got his ass handed to him. Badly. Batman being better than cap is a matter of opinion, both are one of the best martial artists in their respective universes. Just because bats gets good writers occasionaly people forget that he is a low, street level fighter, Iron Man is so out of his league its not even funny.

We are never going to come to an agreement. If you honestly think Stark can beat Wayne in hand to hand combat then there is no hope for you ;)

Guest force_echo
We are never going to come to an agreement. If you honestly think Stark can beat Wayne in hand to hand combat then there is no hope for you ;)

There is nothing batman can do to hurt Stark. While stark is faster, and pretty trained in combat. Anytime Batman goes up against superpowered villains, he has his gadgetry, sucky gadgetry it is, but it seems to work. As evidenced by Bane whooping his ass, just plain H2H with a superpowered hero is pointless. Bruce would be better off duking it out with DD or the Punisher.

Guest Red Blue Blur

This has gone from you sounding stupid to you flat out whinning about how you think Batman and Joker are meany heads and now you think Iron Man is the bestest superhero ever!!!! :_(

Go cry a river. Many the world over will agree with the proof that myself and God Speed has delivered we have countered everything you have come up with and you come back with "he is stupid" Face the facts that Bruce Wayne is a brilliant billionaire who has run his company better than Stark AND in a fight Bruce Wayne would wup the a$$ of Tony Stark.