X-23: 5

Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

Tony Stark v.s. Bruce Wayne

Guest force_echo

Guest force_echo

I looked over the old CBUB and found this match lying around, I found it ridiculously unbelievable that Bruce Wayne would have the ability to defeat Stark, in combat or in business. So I would like to see this match replayed with you guys, who'd you think would win, in both combat and business?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Virlega

Are we or aren't we counting Extremis Stark?

If Yes, I'd like to think Tony would be better in business and combat.

Business- can multitask through armors (one of the New Avengers specials I believe).

Combat - The Extremis modification made his connection through the suit that much quicker. Also if memory serves from the initial extremis arc, the extremis gives Stark accelerated healing. If this is true then despite damage taken the extremis allows for Stark/Iron Man to "stay in the game" for longer.

I'm pretty sure Tony would win at both.

Tony's seen so much in the business world, that he should crush Bruce (who isn't even that involved in his company, as opposed to Tony, who has rebuilt his company way too many times to count).

In the battle department, Tony has it down. He's stronger, faster, just as experienced, etc.

Iron Man ftw.

Guest force_echo
I'm pretty sure Tony would win at both.

Tony's seen so much in the business world, that he should crush Bruce (who isn't even that involved in his company, as opposed to Tony, who has rebuilt his company way too many times to count).

In the battle department, Tony has it down. He's stronger, faster, just as experienced, etc.

Iron Man ftw.

Yes. At business Wayne Corp. is not even mentioned in the vast majority of the comic books. Stark Ind. however, has taken an extremly central role in the comic books, just recently, Stark ind. has been completly annihilated. Like all thats left is a helicopter and some laptops. And Stark is building it back up. Like someone said in the old CBUB, its ironic about Bruce Wayne, hes so obsessed with Batman that he dosen't realize he could do alot more good with Wayne Corp.

As for combat, Bruce's best suit of armor should compare to like the Mark 0 Iron Man suit.

Guest God-Speed_88
Yes. At business Wayne Corp. is not even mentioned in the vast majority of the comic books. Stark Ind. however, has taken an extremly central role in the comic books, just recently, Stark ind. has been completly annihilated. Like all thats left is a helicopter and some laptops. And Stark is building it back up. Like someone said in the old CBUB, its ironic about Bruce Wayne, hes so obsessed with Batman that he dosen't realize he could do alot more good with Wayne Corp.

As for combat, Bruce's best suit of armor should compare to like the Mark 0 Iron Man suit.

Wayne Corp is mentioned in the comics/films/tv series. Bruce like Tony is a multibillionaire. The fact that Tony has had to rebuild his business should show that Bruce's strategic business plan is more robust.

As for hand to hand combat, I personally don't see the contest. That is what Batman has/utilizes, not a super powered suit.

Guest force_echo
Wayne Corp is mentioned in the comics/films/tv series. Bruce like Tony is a multibillionaire. The fact that Tony has had to rebuild his business should show that Bruce's strategic business plan is more robust.

As for hand to hand combat, I personally don't see the contest. That is what Batman has/utilizes, not a super powered suit.

Wayne Corp. has a major mention like twice. Ive been reading Batman for IDK how many how many years and, as far as I can remember, Bruce Wayne has no strategic plan. Someone else takes care of his company for like 99.999% of the time. Tony only delegates Pepper as CEO when he thinks hes about to die.

I don't mean hand to hand between Tony and Bruce, everyone knows Bruce would win that, even though Tony has been trained by Cap, I mean Iron Man vs. Batman.

Guest Red Blue Blur
Wayne Corp. has a major mention like twice. Ive been reading Batman for IDK how many how many years and, as far as I can remember, Bruce Wayne has no strategic plan. Someone else takes care of his company for like 99.999% of the time. Tony only delegates Pepper as CEO when he thinks hes about to die.

I don't mean hand to hand between Tony and Bruce, everyone knows Bruce would win that, even though Tony has been trained by Cap, I mean Iron Man vs. Batman.

Ok well lets reverse the roles and put batman in his mech suit vs tony stark and see who would win. Its pointless unless bruce has ample time to study the blueprints of the suit tony would be wearing in the fight, IRON MAN would win hands down. What you asked was who would win between Bruce Wayne and Tony Stark. Since tony doesnt have a whole lot to offer without his suit I say Bruce wins EASILY. As far as business goes it would be about even. Bruce's company makes no move without his approval the same as Tony's. Although like God Speed presented Bruce has always kept his company running strong. Tony has had to rebuild a number of times. Also the reason Wayne Enterprises isnt included much is because people dont know Wayne and Batman are the same person. Everyone knows Tony and Iron Man are the same person incorperating his suit being made by his company and its developments.

Guest force_echo
Ok well lets reverse the roles and put batman in his mech suit vs tony stark and see who would win. Its pointless unless bruce has ample time to study the blueprints of the suit tony would be wearing in the fight, IRON MAN would win hands down. What you asked was who would win between Bruce Wayne and Tony Stark. Since tony doesnt have a whole lot to offer without his suit I say Bruce wins EASILY. As far as business goes it would be about even. Bruce's company makes no move without his approval the same as Tony's. Although like God Speed presented Bruce has always kept his company running strong. Tony has had to rebuild a number of times. Also the reason Wayne Enterprises isnt included much is because people dont know Wayne and Batman are the same person. Everyone knows Tony and Iron Man are the same person incorperating his suit being made by his company and its developments.

The reason Tony has to rebuild his companies isn't because hes a bad businessman its because everyone knows Tony and Iron Man are the same person. Who goes gunning for Wayne Corp? Noone. To have the business sense to rebuild his company over and over again shows that Tony is so much more financially savvy than Wayne is. Anything thats come out of Wayne Corp, Iron Man has made something twenty times better. Political influence? Wayne Corp is private and regional, Stark Tech literally provides the entire world's tech supply, Tony has been the Seceratary of Defense and SHEILD director, showing Stark Tech's political power.

Guest God-Speed_88
The reason Tony has to rebuild his companies isn't because hes a bad businessman its because everyone knows Tony and Iron Man are the same person. Who goes gunning for Wayne Corp? Noone. To have the business sense to rebuild his company over and over again shows that Tony is so much more financially savvy than Wayne is. Anything thats come out of Wayne Corp, Iron Man has made something twenty times better. Political influence? Wayne Corp is private and regional, Stark Tech literally provides the entire world's tech supply, Tony has been the Seceratary of Defense and SHEILD director, showing Stark Tech's political power.

If that is the case then it wasn't 'that' smart a move to publicly announce his identity. Bruce hires the best to take care of his company like most people in his position i.e. Richard Branson. Bruce does however have over all say in the root his company takes.

A combat scenario between Ironman and Bruce is ridiculous and unfair. The fact that you are giving Tony his suit shows how obvious it is that Bruce is far more skillful.

Bruce has:

1) Better comics

2) Better villians

3) Better fighting/detective skills

4) Better films

5) Cooler persona (IMO)

1) Better comics

2) Better villians

4) Better films

5) Cooler persona (IMO)

This one's the only one which even matters in a fight. And even then, unless Tony breaks out the ole' Clue boardgame and challenges Bruce to a game, the detective thing wouldn't play that much of a role.

Plus, that list totally ignores Tony's strengths. Heck, using your example, you could make a case for anyone.

Tony's got:

1) Better Women

2) Higher alcohol tolerance.

3) Better Weapons

4) Scarlett Johansson ( Who is > Chick who plays Rachel)

5) Better psychologists

Guest God-Speed_88
This one's the only one which even matters in a fight. And even then, unless Tony breaks out the ole' Clue boardgame and challenges Bruce to a game, the detective thing wouldn't play that much of a role.

Plus, that list totally ignores Tony's strengths. Heck, using your example, you could make a case for anyone.

Tony's got:

1) Better Women

2) Higher alcohol tolerance.

3) Better Weapons

4) Scarlett Johansson ( Who is > Chick who plays Rachel)

5) Better psychologists

1) Catwomen

2) Doesn't help with crime fighting

3) Batman doesn't use deadly force/or need it

4) Fair enough

5) Would reveal his identity

2) Doesn't help with crime fighting

But Cooler Persona does?

3) Batman doesn't use deadly force/or need it

What? Batman is the guy who hangs criminals over the edge of rooftops to get information. Now, he won't kill, but he definitely uses deadly force.

1) Catwomen

Touché.

Guest force_echo
If that is the case then it wasn't 'that' smart a move to publicly announce his identity. Bruce hires the best to take care of his company like most people in his position i.e. Richard Branson. Bruce does however have over all say in the root his company takes.

A combat scenario between Ironman and Bruce is ridiculous and unfair. The fact that you are giving Tony his suit shows how obvious it is that Bruce is far more skillful.

Bruce has:

1) Better comics

2) Better villians

4) Better films

5) Cooler persona (IMO)

Iron Man has better comics, more realistic comics, better villains (except Joker Ill give you that one), Tony is no slouch in the fighting area, Tony is smarter, has a better company, way cooler persona than a schizophranic prick who chooses an extremly gay avatar, and is basically better in every single aspect except for unarmed combat.

Guest Dreadlock

Purely from a buisness point of view, I think these two corporations going into a full on battle against eachother (like what happens in real life) would make for one of the most interesting comic book stories ever! I would guess that Wayne Enterprises would win only because they are a much bigger company.

Guest force_echo
Purely from a buisness point of view, I think these two corporations going into a full on battle against eachother (like what happens in real life) would make for one of the most interesting comic book stories ever! I would guess that Wayne Enterprises would win only because they are a much bigger company.

Wayne Enterprises is nowhere NEAR as big as Stark Ind. Stark has a monopoly on all technology used in the entire world, if someone in Wakanda turns on a cell phone, its Stark. If someone in albania toasts bread, its stark. Stark bought Marvel's version of Coca-Cola with his pocket money, no, not a controlling intrest, he literally bought the entire company.

Guest God-Speed_88
Iron Man has better comics, more realistic comics, better villains (except Joker Ill give you that one), Tony is no slouch in the fighting area, Tony is smarter, has a better company, way cooler persona than a schizophranic prick who chooses an extremly gay avatar, and is basically better in every single aspect except for unarmed combat.

Critically Batman has some of the best story arcs ever. You cannot deny that.

Ironman has more "realistic" comics? In what aspect? The flying robot suits built within his body?

Tony maybe smarter when it comes to technology but not in other areas such as psychology/detective/prep work/martial arts.

Tony is a drunk a fundamental problem to any business man. How can he lead a mass corporation with his head in a bottle of rum :/

The persona part as mentioned before is a personal opinion that can't really decide the outcome of this match.

Villains: Joker, Scarecrow, Black Mask, Riddler, Catwomen, Hugo Strange...the list of amazing villains is almost endless with Batman, the only Marvel character that can really compare in this department is Spiderman.

Tell me one sidekick Tony has spawned that is more successful/cooler than Nightwing...before you say War Machine think, is it just the suit?

Guest Virlega
Tell me one sidekick Tony has spawned that is more successful/cooler than Nightwing...before you say War Machine think, is it just the suit?

In the comics, James Rhodes was a substitute for Iron Man initially. He was trained to operate the suits and technology due to being Tony's friend. From this one can argue that War Machine/ James Rhodes is a side kick that eventually parted ways and eventually had his own solo career.

The above mentioned I would like to say that War Machine is more than just the suit and is in fact a one time sidekick turned full fledged hero.

Guest Dreadlock
Wayne Enterprises is nowhere NEAR as big as Stark Ind. Stark has a monopoly on all technology used in the entire world, if someone in Wakanda turns on a cell phone, its Stark. If someone in albania toasts bread, its stark. Stark bought Marvel's version of Coca-Cola with his pocket money, no, not a controlling intrest, he literally bought the entire company.

Really? Everyone else on here (not this thread, but this web site altogether) seems to think and/or has said that Wayne Enterprises is WAY bigger than Stark Ind. Basically that Stark Industries as a whole would only make up a fraction of Wayne Enterprises.

Guest Omega11
Iron Man has better comics, more realistic comics, better villains (except Joker Ill give you that one)

I just want to step in right here and say, "NO WAY!" :!:

Batman has a way, way, way, way better rogues gallery than Iron-Man. Good villains has really always been a problem for Iron Man, as far as I'm concerned, the only really good one being the Mandarin. Besides that he has about a dozen guys in suits which are nearly identical, and half of whom have nearly identical backstories. ;)

Batman has the Joker(definitely a leading candidate for the best comic book villain of all time), Mr. Freeze, Bane, Poison Ivy, Catwoman, Ra's Al Ghul, the Riddler, Two-Face, Clayface, Killer Croc, the Scarecrow, the Penguin(as much as I dislike him), etc, etc, etc.

The only way Iron Man would be even close to Batman is if you included every Avengers villain as an Iron Man villain. But this would only be countered by including every Justice League villain as a Batman villain.

Guest Shockwave
Wayne Enterprises is nowhere NEAR as big as Stark Ind. Stark has a monopoly on all technology used in the entire world, if someone in Wakanda turns on a cell phone, its Stark. If someone in albania toasts bread, its stark. Stark bought Marvel's version of Coca-Cola with his pocket money, no, not a controlling interest, he literally bought the entire company.

Excuse me, but has Tony ever launched a fully operational space station? Has he set up essentially a complete space colony on his own.

Now, how about explaining in detail some feats that Tony has done that put him on the same level as Bruce on a purely fisticuffs level. If that's too big of a word for you, fisticuffs means unarmed combat.

Guest force_echo
Excuse me, but has Tony ever launched a fully operational space station? Has he set up essentially a complete space colony on his own.

Now, how about explaining in detail some feats that Tony has done that put him on the same level as Bruce on a purely fisticuffs level. If that's too big of a word for you, fisticuffs means unarmed combat.

Yes, he has operational space stations, the Crimson Dynamo tried to jack it once. Does Bruce's space station have a uber-laser on it?

Guest force_echo
Really? Everyone else on here (not this thread, but this web site altogether) seems to think and/or has said that Wayne Enterprises is WAY bigger than Stark Ind. Basically that Stark Industries as a whole would only make up a fraction of Wayne Enterprises.

Well whoever that was is wrong. Wayne Corp. is regional, like I said, Stark Ind. has a monopoly over every single peice of technology in the entire world, you cant drive you car without seeing stark, you cant eat your breakfast without seeing stark, unless youre some Buddhist monk living in the Himalayas all your life, you use stark tech on a regular basis.

Guest God-Speed_88
Well whoever that was is wrong. Wayne Corp. is regional, like I said, Stark Ind. has a monopoly over every single peice of technology in the entire world, you cant drive you car without seeing stark, you cant eat your breakfast without seeing stark, unless youre some Buddhist monk living in the Himalayas all your life, you use stark tech on a regular basis.

Well if Stark Industries has a monopoly over the 'entire world' as you put it, then this is just another reason that the D.C world is better.

http://www.forbes.com/2007/12/10/largest-f...Speed=undefined

Read through it :blink:

With this in mind plus Batmans fighting skills I think it's safe to say we have a winner ;)

Guest force_echo
Well if Stark Industries has a monopoly over the 'entire world' as you put it, then this is just another reason that the D.C world is better.

http://www.forbes.com/2007/12/10/largest-f...Speed=undefined

Read through it :blink:

With this in mind plus Batmans fightening skills I think it's safe to say we have a winner ;)

This is complete bullshit, I stopped reading after the top company only had yeilds of 1.7 trillion. Modern Stark Industries has well over 14 trillion a year. Even when stark was manufacturing weaponry he was making at least 500 billion.