X-23: 5

Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

World Breaker Hulk

Guest Classic80s

Guest ricrery
This is one of the most dumb arguements I've ever allowed myself to be a part of for so many reasons (You're arguements being the majority of it). Regardless of all this crap that I don't have enough vested interest or access to the internet and the ability to post massive links and pictures in to really lay into you about, the moral of the story is that writer's determine the storyline. I highly doubt they read Newton's Law's of Physics or whatever before they decided, "Hey, wouldn't it be cool if we made Hulk strong enough to break the world?"

It doesn't matter what the authors wanted, we use math regardless. If they showed Hulk literally 1 million times weaker than before, we can provide evidence of other incidents where he was achieving similar feats before and conclude that that event was an outlier or had Hulk weakened.

No, because I address omnipotence and should tread carefully.

Omnipotence?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest silversurfer092
It doesn't matter what the authors wanted, we use math regardless.

If it doesn't matter what they wrote, then why the hell are we arguing about it in the first place? It clearly doesn't matter.

Guest ricrery
If it doesn't matter what they wrote, then why the hell are we arguing about it in the first place? It clearly doesn't matter.

Oh God this bullshit... if the authors didn't want Hulk generating a few OoM less than another instance, than they shouldn't have made it. We can find the most consistent events and, without throwing away the other feats, provide evidence of why they were weaker/stronger.

Guest TheRandomBandit

It is only bullshit to you, because it is the truth. Not to name anybody in paticular Ive noticed when a lot of Dbz fans are shown and provin that Marvel and Dc characters can planet bust on their own, they get all pissy because they do not want their precious Goku or Dbz character to lose.

Guest silversurfer092
Oh God this bullshit... if the authors didn't want Hulk generating a few OoM less than another instance, than they shouldn't have made it. We can find the most consistent events and, without throwing away the other feats, provide evidence of why they were weaker/stronger.

When you have 50 different writers, envisioning 50 different Hulks and 50 different stories, you begin to allow a little freedom and tell continuity and canon to f*** off. I doubt when they did so, they expected some little kid to gather all the comics, look at them, and think "Woah, woah, woah. Hold on. This comic says Hulk is weak, but this one says he's strong. One of these comics must be destroyed so only one version of Hulk is right."

Guest ricrery
When you have 50 different writers, envisioning 50 different Hulks and 50 different stories,

Yeah, other universes have that, yet we give them lower and upper limits, and sometimes, even outliers.

you begin to allow a little freedom and tell continuity and canon to f*** off.

And we say "He seems to have some strain, whereas here he did not, therefor he must have been trying a lot harder."

I doubt when they did so, they expected some little kid to gather all the comics, look at them, and think "Woah, woah, woah.

Other people didn't either, but it happened.

Hold on. This comic says Hulk is weak, but this one says he's strong. One of these comics must be destroyed so only one version of Hulk is right."

Or "Perhaps here, he was trying harder; upper limit" or "it's an outlier because of its inconsistency with other events."

Guest silversurfer092
Yeah, other universes have that, yet we give them lower and upper limits, and sometimes, even outliers.

And we say "He seems to have some strain, whereas here he did not, therefor he must have been trying a lot harder."

Other people didn't either, but it happened.

Or "Perhaps here, he was trying harder; upper limit" or "it's an outlier because of its inconsistency with other events."

For some reason, I don't think that comic writers are stats majors, so I'm going to assume they don't look at an event and say "Oh wow, look at this outlier. This definitely throws off the average, yet keeps the median relatively the same. The distribution remains relatively normal with the standard deviation being mostly unaffected." No, they just see it and say "Well, holy crap, I'm not a fan of that Hulk. Lemme redesign it." But hey, if you wanna keep the Stats penis in your butt and keep talking about these outliers, be my guest. I'll just remember to never ever care what you say.

Guest ricrery
For some reason, I don't think that comic writers are stats majors, so I'm going to assume they don't look at an event and say "Oh wow, look at this outlier. This definitely throws off the average, yet keeps the median relatively the same.

Reading comprehension failure! Even if the authors don't give a shit about stats, we still use them... oh hell, this is what debating is ABOUT. *vulgarity*, this is a basic of debating.

Guest silversurfer092
Reading comprehension failure! Even if the authors don't give a shit about stats, we still use them... oh hell, this is what debating is ABOUT. *vulgarity*, this is a basic of debating.

Debating can't be based on stats IF THERE ARE NO STATS. You wanna debate Pokemon, bring out the stats. But there are no stats for comics, unless you want to debate the best team for Marvel Ultimate Alliance or some crap.

Guest MarvelFan15
I was with you all the way up to here. Uh...no. Dormammu and his sister smack Hulk around on a regular basis, Dormammu and his sister fear Zom. Hulk = World Threat. Zom = Universal Threat

Well, I guess it depends on who's writing Hulk. He's defeated powerful mystic threats before...

I was with you all the way up to here. Uh...no. Dormammu and his sister smack Hulk around on a regular basis, Dormammu and his sister fear Zom. Hulk = World Threat. Zom = Universal Threat

Mh, even Zom empowered Strange fell to Hulk...

Guest Ivan

Guys, this thread's grades have just been posted:

Statistics: C-

Physics: F

Geology: F

Logic: F

Recommendation: Student should spend more time reading good comics (or actual books) and less time arguing about awful comics.

Guest MarvelFan15
Dr. Strange couldn't allow the power he tapped into to over power him. He had to let it go or he would've lost it. Zom fully released would've done more than world break.

As I said, it depends on the writer. At times, he's getting impaled by light posts, and at others, he's withstanding planet shattering impacts.

Honestly, the fact that this limited Strange in anyway makes me sad. Then again, a few issues later and he was getting his butt kicked by The Hood.

However, old school Strange should've taken Hulk back in time to stop his wife from dying or something. Or at least lock him up somewhere. Seriously, Strange had unlimited resources, why was he surprised by anything the Warbound did!

Oh, what am I complaining about, they got me to buy the comic anyways...

Guest Artemis Entreri
Honestly, the fact that this limited Strange in anyway makes me sad. Then again, a few issues later and he was getting his butt kicked by The Hood.

However, old school Strange should've taken Hulk back in time to stop his wife from dying or something. Or at least lock him up somewhere. Seriously, Strange had unlimited resources, why was he surprised by anything the Warbound did!

Oh, what am I complaining about, they got me to buy the comic anyways...

Are you speaking about the same unlimited Strange that was helpless to stop Wanda in House of M? Dr. Strange in that book didn't even know Chaos Magic existed. Not only that but Wanda was so powerful that she tricked him into believing he delivered her twins sons. Sons, mind you, that should not exist, as Vision as an android could not procreate.

Dr. Strange was dupe. Hell she almost destroyed the Avengers and Strange had he not used the Eye of Agomotto! Still he was helpless to stop her condition!

As it relates to Hulk directly; well if Strange had anyway of stopping Hulk he would not have become a founder and member of the illuminati, and use trickery to banish Hulk instead of his own Mystic Magics. The Illuminati itself was formed because of what Wanda Maxioff did but they chose their first Target to banish for the same reason....Hulk is a globe threat and Unstoppable.

You people kill me stating that (The Real) Black Bolt would have stopped the Hulk, Hmm, if so, why do I recall him at the Illuminati meetings voting to trick Hulk into banishment? Why not do it himself? It was because he knew he could not. Neither could Strange.

Oh but Reed Richards and Tony Starks were at those secret meeting also. Why did none of them call Sentry at that time to trick the most powerful being in Marvel U into a fight with Hulk? Well, because both men understood that Hulk could possibly win; and that if he did they all would fall. So in summary I'm saying the Illuminati all knew Hulk was Unstoppable. None of them believed they coul stop him, individually or even together, so instead they tricked him.

Still somehow some of you guys read World War Hulk and see Hulk as the Villian. ***Shaking my Head***

I agree that the current Strange was probably no match for World War Hulk (as shown by their fight).

However, I must also pitch in that the current Doctor Strange is a joke compared to his previous glory. Back in the old days Strange was going toe to toe with Dormammu. Now? The Hood is a match for Strange. The Hood! A regular guy with a possessed hood (Dormammu's lackey).

Old school Strange was holding his own against an Infinity Gauntlet waving Adam Warlock. Now? The Scarlet Witch can overwhelm the good doctor while insane.

Truly, Doctor Strange has seen better days. Currently, isn't Doctor/Brother Voodoo the Sorcerer Supreme? Which makes me ask what has happened to him. Might need to order a comic from Arty's shop (online store?)

Maybe Doc is back to his "I'm off to stop Shuma Gorath and talk to Eternity" days....

Guest Artemis Entreri

I agree that classic Dr.Strange was very capable of dispersing of Hulk in a number of ways. I was just using your post to vent some of the other post I saw on this thread and others about Hulk. Sorry if my post seem to target you... It was not my intent!

I agree that classic Dr.Strange was very capable of dispersing of Hulk in a number of ways. I was just using your post to vent some of the other post I saw on this thread and others about Hulk. Sorry if my post seem to target you... It was not my intent!

Heh. It's alright Art. But seriously, do you sell your comics online? All the comic shops in my area have been shut down.

Guest Artemis Entreri
Heh. It's alright Art. But seriously, do you sell your comics online? All the comic shops in my area have been shut down.

No, sadly I may actually be going out of business.... I can't compete with the stinking internet. Ha! But what issues do you need... Maybe I can help.

Guest Omega11
As it relates to Hulk directly; well if Strange had anyway of stopping Hulk he would not have become a founder and member of the illuminati, and use trickery to banish Hulk instead of his own Mystic Magics. The Illuminati itself was formed because of what Wanda Maxioff did but they chose their first Target to banish for the same reason....Hulk is a globe threat and Unstoppable.

The Illuminati was formed after the Kree/Skrull War, not because of Wanda. Strange didn't use his powers to banish the Hulk because of P.I.S.

You people kill me stating that (The Real) Black Bolt would have stopped the Hulk, Hmm, if so, why do I recall him at the Illuminati meetings voting to trick Hulk into banishment? Why not do it himself? It was because he knew he could not. Neither could Strange.

The Black Bolt at the Illuminati meetings was the skrull imposter.

Oh but Reed Richards and Tony Starks were at those secret meeting also. Why did none of them call Sentry at that time to trick the most powerful being in Marvel U into a fight with Hulk? Well, because both men understood that Hulk could possibly win; and that if he did they all would fall. So in summary I'm saying the Illuminati all knew Hulk was Unstoppable. None of them believed they coul stop him, individually or even together, so instead they tricked him.

Why would they plan to have a gigantic battle between two powerful beings that could cause tons of destruction instead of doing it the way no one gets hurt?

Still somehow some of you guys read World War Hulk and see Hulk as the Villian. ***Shaking my Head***

Probably because he was the villain.

Mission of vengeance? Brings an army to war? Destroys a city? Attacks anyone and anything that gets in his way?

Yeah, that's a villain.