Magma (comics) vs. Rictor
MATCH SCORE
Magma (comics): 2
Rictor: 1

Rumble 20601 Balto vs. Troodons
MATCH SCORE
Balto: 1
Troodons: 4

Rumble 20600 Elodie vs. The Princess (2022 Film)
MATCH SCORE
Elodie: 4
The Princess (2022 Film): 3

World Breaker Hulk

Guest Classic80s

Guest Omega11
He has one feat: His feet. His footstomp (one stomp) was threatening to destroy the entire eastern seaboard. That wasn't hype. That was fact. If he was merely stomping, I'd assume that if actually tried, he'd have destroyed civilization as we know it. I can't think of one version Hulk that has stomped his foot and caused that much damage. It doesn't answer your question, but this is a pretty frightening feat stronger than most I've seen.

As I've already said, this isn't a strength feat, it's a gamma radiation feat.

And besides that, the eastern seaboard is only a very small fraction of the Earth, affecting that does not in any way imply the ability to destroy the entire planet.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Omega11
Ok...

1) The dog wasn't made of Adamantium (From everything I can find of them) so Hulk bashing it apart isn't showing that Adamantium is not Indestructable

2) So he stated that the Dog (Which he is fused with) can do such a thing... a Boast maybe? I can bench 500lbs and run 60kph for an hour... at the same time! True or False?

3) He didn't state the Purity of the Adamantium that he can supposedly crush... IIRC impure Grades of the metal can be destroyed.

Exactly.

Guest MarvelFan15

You can infer a lot by how the characters talk about things. In this case, for a robot to be able to crush adamantium, it was given the excited air of "OMFG!!!" Also, when people say adamantium, they're almost always referring to the purified, strongest (beta) form. So, he was probably talking about the pure form of that metal, and he even had it calculated as to how long it would take, which probably means he's done it before...

To contribute to Omega's Hulk-isn't-Uberfrickin'strong point of view: Hulk's neck probably wasn't in that jaw for 7.3 seconds...

Guest MarvelFan15
As far as the Hammer goes, I think it's actually a little weaker than Adamantium(it's been broken many times, whereas I don't think adamantium has really ever been broken in 616 continuity, I could be wrong), and for being stonger with Thor's essence, I've never heard that, but I think it's just when Odin-Force Thor strengthened it.

In stated cannon (as in stated by Marvel, but possibly contradicted by some stories) Thor's hammer was already made of super-strong Uru metal, before Odin enchanted it, making it much harder than adamantium, and Cap's shield. Thor did dent Ultron's adamatium body before, with no damage to the hammer.

Also, IIRC, Thor's hammer has only ever been broken by mystic/matter manipulating means, like when Impossible Man broke it.

Guest MarvelFan15
Thor vs Hulk vs Statue

In a fight with the Hulk, Thor let loose and hit him with enough power to send him flying into a statue supposedly made of pure adamantium. The base of the statue that Hulk slammed into was cracked and when the Hulk got to his feet and picked up the statue, pieces of it fell off where he grabbed it.

From this one, it would seem that Thor is the true adamantium breaker.

Durability feat for Hulk, perhaps? He withstood two adamantium-shattering impacts, then got right back up to continue fighting (he also did do damage to the statue, I suppose, by severing certain pieces of it).

Wow, I'm typing a lot on this thread. My love for Hulk is showing through...and yes, I believe he can defeat Zom.

Guest MarvelFan15
One of my favorie Hulks feat is when he shakes earth.

Could you be specific?

He does this many times...

yes, I believe he can defeat Zom.

I was with you all the way up to here. Uh...no. Dormammu and his sister smack Hulk around on a regular basis, Dormammu and his sister fear Zom. Hulk = World Threat. Zom = Universal Threat

As I've already said, this isn't a strength feat, it's a gamma radiation feat.

What are you talking about? It was a footstomp. He stomped his foot and broke off a piece of the world. Period. World Breaker isn't just a cute nickname. Think of it this way, Gladiator breaks worlds with a few punches. Hulk trades punches with Gladiator easily and wins often. Hulk = World Breaker.

Guest Omega11
What are you talking about? It was a footstomp. He stomped his foot and broke off a piece of the world. Period.

1. He didn't actually break off a piece of the world.

2. Unless you have some kind of evidence that his footstomp was at the speed of light(or greater), then it wasn't the cause of the disturbances. Since the Earth isn't one solid piece of matter a blow like that can in no way cause that amount of destruction. Obviously he was radiation some powerful energies, which also knocked back all of the heroes.

World Breaker isn't just a cute nickname.

Of course not. There's nothing cute about it.

1. He didn't actually break off a piece of the world.

2. Unless you have some kind of evidence that his footstomp was at the speed of light(or greater), then it wasn't the cause of the disturbances. Since the Earth isn't one solid piece of matter a blow like that can in no way cause that amount of destruction. Obviously he was radiation some powerful energies, which also knocked back all of the heroes.

Of course not. There's nothing cute about it.

He caused earthquakes all over the planet... When he entered into his World Breaker Form, earthquakes started to occur all over the planet...

What does his stomp at the speed of light have to do with anything? Why would his foot need to be the speed of light? Earthquakes have never been caused by anything moving the speed of light. They are usually caused by tectonic plate shifts, which could be caused by a massively strong monster. Also, the landmass he was standing on was one solid piece of matter or else he wouldn't have been standing. He stomped and it began to break. What were you reading? Why is this so hard to believe for you? I've never seen gamma radiation earthquakes. I have seen tectonic plate shifting earthquakes.

Guest catnips47
What does his stomp at the speed of light have to do with anything? Why would his foot need to be the speed of light? Earthquakes have never been caused by anything moving the speed of light. They are usually caused by tectonic plate shifts, which could be caused by a massively strong monster. Also, the landmass he was standing on was one solid piece of matter or else he wouldn't have been standing. He stomped and it began to break. What were you reading? Why is this so hard to believe for you? I've never seen gamma radiation earthquakes. I have seen tectonic plate shifting earthquakes.

Well wait now, massively strong monster does not equate to tectonic movement. Earthquakes mainly occur due to convergent plate margins. Hulk stomping is not really like two massive plates colliding with each other. It's a very different type of force.

That being said, I really don't see the reason to criticise the realism of a completely fictional character. Every fictional character on this site could be torn apart if we adopted this sort of attitude.

I mean, if you can bench a car.........your an unrealistic character.

Don't get me wrong, I think the feat is stupid.......but it won't be my main argument against the character..........because it doesn't matter. It would also be very hypocritical if I did dislike a character for that, as my favourite character nearly destroyed reality by screaming.

Guest Omega11
He caused earthquakes all over the planet... When he entered into his World Breaker Form, earthquakes started to occur all over the planet...

All over the planet, or was it just on the eastern coast? I haven't read it in a little while so I could be wrong, but I thought it was just the eastern coast.

What does his stomp at the speed of light have to do with anything? Why would his foot need to be the speed of light? Earthquakes have never been caused by anything moving the speed of light. They are usually caused by tectonic plate shifts, which could be caused by a massively strong monster.

Massively strong monster? No. Massively big monster, possible(as in, the size of a continent or so).

You just said it yourself, tectonic plate shifts cause earthquakes. Well guess what, standing on the earth's surface, Hulk can't effect any tectonic plate through sheer strength. Why? Because the earth's crust isn't one big piece of solid, rigid matter.

Ever see those commercials about shock absorbing matresses? The ones where you can jump on them at one end and still not knock over a glass of wine on the other end? That's what would happen here. It doesn't matter how hard Hulk stomps his foot, the force wouldn't carry through.

In fact, there was a guy named Sir Isaac Newton(maybe you've heard of him), he came up with some ideas which eventually became known as the scientific laws of motion. Now the second law states that Force=Mass(multiplied by)Acceleration.

Now since Hulk's foot has a (relatively)fixed mass, in order to get the appropriate amount of Force needed to actually "break the world" his foot's acceleration must increase dramatically. That's where the whole "speed of light" thing comes into effect.

So unless his foot was moving really, really, really, really, really fast, it's mass just isn't sufficient to cause any significant damage to the continent or the planet.

Which means is must have been the gamma radiation.

Also, the landmass he was standing on was one solid piece of matter or else he wouldn't have been standing.

Seriously? Did you seriously just say this?

Dirt counts as one solid piece of matter?

My apologies, I wasn't aware of this new breakthrough in science.

All over the planet, or was it just on the eastern coast? I haven't read it in a little while so I could be wrong, but I thought it was just the eastern coast.

Massively strong monster? No. Massively big monster, possible(as in, the size of a continent or so).

You just said it yourself, tectonic plate shifts cause earthquakes. Well guess what, standing on the earth's surface, Hulk can't effect any tectonic plate through sheer strength. Why? Because the earth's crust isn't one big piece of solid, rigid matter.

Ever see those commercials about shock absorbing matresses? The ones where you can jump on them at one end and still not knock over a glass of wine on the other end? That's what would happen here. It doesn't matter how hard Hulk stomps his foot, the force wouldn't carry through.

In fact, there was a guy named Sir Isaac Newton(maybe you've heard of him), he came up with some ideas which eventually became known as the scientific laws of motion. Now the second law states that Force=Mass(multiplied by)Acceleration.

Now since Hulk's foot has a (relatively)fixed mass, in order to get the appropriate amount of Force needed to actually "break the world" his foot's acceleration must increase dramatically. That's where the whole "speed of light" thing comes into effect.

So unless his foot was moving really, really, really, really, really fast, it's mass just isn't sufficient to cause any significant damage to the continent or the planet.

Which means is must have been the gamma radiation.

Seriously? Did you seriously just say this?

Dirt counts as one solid piece of matter?

My apologies, I wasn't aware of this new breakthrough in science.

This is one of the most dumb arguements I've ever allowed myself to be a part of for so many reasons (You're arguements being the majority of it). Regardless of all this crap that I don't have enough vested interest or access to the internet and the ability to post massive links and pictures in to really lay into you about, the moral of the story is that writer's determine the storyline. I highly doubt they read Newton's Law's of Physics or whatever before they decided, "Hey, wouldn't it be cool if we made Hulk strong enough to break the world?" In other words, he stomps and he breaks planets just like Buu screams and breaks reality (Thank you Catsnip). They want to push Hulk as being the strongest there is, so they pissed him off and made a feat to show that this is the strongest and angriest he's ever been. Period. They didn't go study all the science behind it. Only Skirmisher does that. He's strong enough to break planets because the writer's said so, it wasn't some weird freak of science gamma radiation earthquake, it was because the writer's said, let's make him strong enough to break worlds...nuff said.

Oh and if you really want to go get technical about it, Hulk was standing on a city street. Street = solid matter. Heh.

Guest Omega11
This is one of the most dumb arguements I've ever allowed myself to be a part of for so many reasons (You're arguements being the majority of it).

Yeah, logic is stupid.

Regardless of all this crap that I don't have enough vested interest or access to the internet and the ability to post massive links and pictures in to really lay into you about, the moral of the story is that writer's determine the storyline. I highly doubt they read Newton's Law's of Physics or whatever before they decided, "Hey, wouldn't it be cool if we made Hulk strong enough to break the world?" In other words, he stomps and he breaks planets just like Buu screams and breaks reality (Thank you Catsnip). They want to push Hulk as being the strongest there is, so they pissed him off and made a feat to show that this is the strongest and angriest he's ever been. Period. They didn't go study all the science behind it. Only Skirmisher does that. He's strong enough to break planets because the writer's said so, it wasn't some weird freak of science gamma radiation earthquake, it was because the writer's said, let's make him strong enough to break worlds...nuff said.

If they wanted to show that he was strong enough to break planets, they should probably have had him, you know, break planets!

Even if that's what they wanted to do, they didn't end up doing it. Again, does anyone here realize how small of a portion of the world the eastern seaboard is?

World War Hulk or World Breaker Hulk(if you feel the need to distinguish) didn't show planet-busting strength. The end.

Oh and if you really want to go get technical about it, Hulk was standing on a city street. Street = solid matter. Heh.

And that street is directly connected to a tectonic plate?

Guest silversurfer092

I'm not a Hulk expert, but I'm pretty sure that he punched through a planet on his way from his place of exile back to Earth, right before he started kicking everyone's ass. Wouldn't that feat make him into a Planet Buster?

All over the planet, if I can find a scan, I'll show you.

EDIT: It only showed Massachusetts, Connecticut and New York. So it was the Eastern Board.

Guest Omega11
I'm not a Hulk expert, but I'm pretty sure that he punched through a planet on his way from his place of exile back to Earth, right before he started kicking everyone's ass. Wouldn't that feat make him into a Planet Buster?

I think he punched an asteroid that was about his size.

If you've got a scan of him punching a planet-sized object and destroying it, then I'll admit his planet-busting status...and again, be in awe of the sheer depth writers will go to ignore physics.

No, because I address omnipotence and should tread carefully.

Hey, it's a great Thanos quote.

EDIT: It only showed Massachusetts, Connecticut and New York. So it was the Eastern Board.

Yeah that's what I had remembered.

I think he punched an asteroid that was about his size.

If you've got a scan of him punching a planet-sized object and destroying it, then I'll admit his planet-busting status...and again, be in awe of the sheer depth writers will go to ignore physics.

Well, he punched the crap out of Gladiator once and there are plenty of scans of Gladiator punching through planets. I'd assume someone who can beat Gladiator to a pulp can punch with the equivalent level of strength. This would make him a planet breaker without the need of scans. Now, let's go find some dumb writers who ignore physics and science fact.

Hey, it's a great Thanos quote.

Tis true.

Guest catnips47

To this day, I still think Hulk cracking onslaughts armour is the most impressive thing he's done. I would consider him holding a chunk of sakaar together the most impressive thing, but that's more a testament to the planets strength, which also had a massive gravity.

Guest Omega11
Well, he punched the crap out of Gladiator once and there are plenty of scans of Gladiator punching through planets. I'd assume someone who can beat Gladiator to a pulp can punch with the equivalent level of strength.

Strength does not necessarily correlate to durability.

Besides, as I recall, Hulk was dousing Gladiator in radiation during the fight(which is Gladiator's kryptonite).