• Team Superman

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is pointless...

what?

ivans explanation?

that is what this thread was originally about you know..

we can argue on our own time about the other stuff

for now lets get back on track..

what do you think about ivans explanation?

I think the argument is pointless.

As for Ivan's argument, I still say SS4 Gogeta would win, but i'm done debating.

But if your going to have a Superman vs Goku fight it should be Canon vs Canon.

Now time Supes vs now Goku which Goku wins.

Nuff said.

I started deleting posts at a rate of one every ten seconds to see how long it would take me to catch up to the active conversation. I got bored after a dozen or so, having never caught up because you guys are posting WAY too fast! Anyway when you begin arguing about specifics like whether or not Bojack fits in the canon (Who cares whether or not Trunks has a sword?) that is fairly off-topic. The versions of Superman chosen and the version of Goku (and Gohan) chosen are all plucked directly from whatever point in those stories is convenient.

Nuff said.

yea i think i agree..

I think the argument is pointless.

As for Ivan's argument, I still say SS4 Gogeta would win, but i'm done debating.

Nuff said.

If this is the case Superman has a distinct advantage because of Hypertime, where all DC stories are considered Canon.

If you're ignoring the original post completely and comparing a post-GT Goku to the current Superman (who strangely doesn't appear in the Superman comic right now,) that's you recasting the battle on your own terms so your favorite fighter wins, instead of considering the information at hand.

If this is the case Superman has a distinct advantage because of Hypertime, where all DC stories are considered Canon.

If you're ignoring the original post completely and comparing a post-GT Goku to the current Superman (who strangely doesn't appear in the Superman comic right now,) that's you recasting the battle on your own terms so your favorite fighter wins, instead of considering the information at hand.

I was arguing my point on topic (which was also strangley off topic) of why Gogeta would win this, but that all went to deaf ears. And no GT isn't canon so it would've been SSJ3 Goku stomping current Superman into the ground it it were my terms.

Guest God-Speed_88
Vegito SS4?

He stomps all the supermans before they blink.

That statement is ridiculous. Before you even post another comment, please read up on Superman with cosmic armor and Superman-Prime One Million. If, after learning about those two heroes, you think you are correct, then... this site will officially be rendered useless to me.

Another point I neglected to mention:

DBZ pundits always argue the wrong points on these, and it bothers me because they are ignoring Goku's distinct advantages. Goku really isn't stronger or faster than Superman. What he does have is a lifetime focused on combat and a genetic predisposition toward fighting. Superman, by contrast, comes from a scientifically advanced race of pseudo-pacifists, and only fights out of compassion to defend his adopted home. Superman's powers allow him to perform heroic deeds like catching falling 747's and welding bridges and ships back together just in time. On the other side of the fence, Goku's powers allow him to FIGHT.

I'd also like to point out to the user named I_KNOW_ALL (a specious claim, btw) that there are several different versions of Superman running around at present, at least two of which are well above SSJ3 Goku. It seems like most of your knowledge of Superman comes from the Animated Series, which would be like someone arguing that Goku is only as powerful as he appears in Dragonball Evolution.

That statement is ridiculous. Before you even post another comment, please read up on Superman with cosmic armor and Superman-Prime One Million. If, after learning about those two heroes, you think you are correct, then... this site will officially be rendered useless to me.

I've already posted several other posts and suported what I said, Ivan deleted them, and I don't feel like reposting..

I'd also like to point out to the user named I_KNOW_ALL (a specious claim, btw) that there are several different versions of Superman running around at present, at least two of which are well above SSJ3 Goku. It seems like most of your knowledge of Superman comes from the Animated Series, which would be like someone arguing that Goku is only as powerful as he appears in Dragonball Evolution.

When I said that, I ment our Earth's superman >.< And I have also argued his ability to fight better as well, just not in this one as I didn't find it necessary.

Guest boston_celtics

Here is the list of Supermen:

Superman Prime (with the Monitor/Cosmic Armor)

Superman-Prime (DC One Million)

Kal Kent (5th Dimensional Queen Powered Superman)

Superman-Prime

Sun-Dipped Modern Superman

The first one is faster than the Saiyans (alot faster), so could probably blitz them all. This is the guy who defeated Ion (a weak version, and through a plot device, albeit) and killed Anti-Monitor (a weakened one, but he still made the killing blow).

Superman-Prime from DC1Million could presumably solo all DBZ characters at once.

Kal Kent is above Superman-Prime, so he wins.

And didn't Superman-Prime like, beat the crap out of Mr. Myx? He got Guardian powers, so he could win if this was that version.

And Sun-Dipped Superman defeated Imperiex, didn't he?

Yeah, but you are practically arguing by yourself. Whatever happened to the DBZ Debate Squadron of Doom or whatever?

most of them probley dont even know that this thread exist...and if they do, then they dont want to comment.

besides, i would like to mostly agree on what ivan has said, even though to be honest i though the Supes primes were stronger then his opinion of them are.

and the DBZ team has differences within itself over DBZ stuff....and i think KNOW IT ALL resigned from it..i think.

so IDK treach...

from the poll, it looks like team supes is winning by a long shot...

who do YOU think wins..?

most of them probley dont even know that this thread exist...and if they do, then they dont want to comment.

besides, i would like to mostly agree on what ivan has said, even though to be honest i though the Supes primes were stronger then his opinion of them are.

and the DBZ team has differences within itself over DBZ stuff....and i think KNOW IT ALL resigned from it..i think.

so IDK treach...

from the poll, it looks like team supes is winning by a long shot...

who do YOU think wins..?

I'm smart, I was avoiding this. We got a Superman with the powers of a fifth dimensional imp here, that's all I need to know. DBZ loses badly and I don't say that lightly.

For the record, I only deleted arguments about what in the DB/Z/GT spectrum constitutes "canon." Since SSJ4 is included in the original setup, DBGT is fair game. Period.

Also there is no basis for this "all the evil deeds in history" nonsense.

For the record, I only deleted arguments about what in the DB/Z/GT spectrum constitutes "canon." Since SSJ4 is included in the original setup, DBGT is fair game. Period.

Muy Correcto.

@Akuma - Seriously, I don't know enough about the higher level DBZ/GT characters to comment. Once again, I stopped after Cell.

Guest DataSnake

Which "monitor armor" are we talking about? The one Superboy Prime wore in Infinite Crisis, or the one Superman and Ultraman fused to use against Mandrakk? The former, I would argue, would still not match a SSJ3 Vegito (Remember, SSJ1 Vegito was much, much tougher than SSJ3 Goku). The latter is uber-powerful on the scale of the Monitors, a scale where the freakin' Spectre is absolutely inconsequential, and where the destruction of an entire universe is a minor annoyance.

come to think of it,

did you mean SS4 Gogeta or did you actually MEAN to put SS4 Vegito? because the latter doesnt exist...

only SS4 Gogeta is seen in DB series.