Ken Masters: 4

Guardian (Marvel Comics) vs. Captain Britain
MATCH SCORE
Guardian (Marvel Comics): 0
Captain Britain: 4

Music

Guest boston_celtics

Guest silversurfer092

Please. I'm the anti-hipster. I love mainstream because hating mainstream is mainstream. I want to move to New York to be amongst a mass of people. I have no skinny jeans, no v necks, and I hate photography.

Guest silversurfer092

Indie rock is two things. The technical definition is any band not signed to a major label. The common meaning is really any rock band at all these days.

Guest silversurfer092

I hate Pandora. It is good for finding new artists and shit, but you have 0 control over it, and often times, the music on the radio doesn't fit the radio or shit that I don't want to hear. I'll play "The Raconteurs" radio and get "Queens of the Stone Age". No thanks. I like Spotify much, much more. It has the related artists tab to keep searching and you have complete control and it has endless albums.

Guest force_echo

First of all, you do have control over it, it's not like it plays completely random songs, it chooses songs based on your artist seeds, track seeds, and thumbed up songs. Second of all, the freaking point of Pandora is that you get different artists and songs than the ones you plugged in. If I hear a cool song in a new genre, and I want to hear more of the same kind of music, then I go to Pandora and plug it in and I get like an infinite supply of music of the same kind and I can keep on listening across the whole genre. Why would you want it to play music by the same artist that you based the radio off of? That's not the point of the site. If I make an Eminem radio, and it plays Eminem, I'm gonna be pissed off. I created the station so I can listen to other artists similar to Eminem. Also, I hate Spotify, it's completely useless to me. If I want to play a specific album or artist or song, then I can just download it off of the internet for free.

Guest silversurfer092

First of all, you do have control over it, it's not like it plays completely random songs, it chooses songs based on your artist seeds, track seeds, and thumbed up songs. Second of all, the freaking point of Pandora is that you get different artists and songs than the ones you plugged in. If I hear a cool song in a new genre, and I want to hear more of the same kind of music, then I go to Pandora and plug it in and I get like an infinite supply of music of the same kind and I can keep on listening across the whole genre. Why would you want it to play music by the same artist that you based the radio off of? That's not the point of the site. If I make an Eminem radio, and it plays Eminem, I'm gonna be pissed off. I created the station so I can listen to other artists similar to Eminem. Also, I hate Spotify, it's completely useless to me. If I want to play a specific album or artist or song, then I can just download it off of the internet for free.

Sorry, force. Every now and then my conscience says "do something not illegal". That and when I'm at school and I can't illegally download (this whole thing about how the schools keep record of everything you do online), Spotify helps a whole lot. Also, you don't have control over Pandora. You put in a band or song for the radio. Then Pandora is like "Hmm, maybe they'll like this song based on that", but Pandora is too scientific. It's like "both these songs have major chord progression with vocal harmonies and a falsetto singer". That's cool, except chances are that the next song will have someone who can't pull off the falsetto, the vocal harmonies will be some boring ass chorus in the background, and that G to E to A sounds nothing like C to Am to F. But it all fits into falsetto singing, major chord progression, and vocal harmonies. I put in "This Year's Love" by David Gray because I liked the emotion in the man's voice. The next song came up because it had piano and a similar chord progression. That's not what I was looking for and Pandora can't take that into account. Also, Pandora might open you up to a whole new genre, but then you'll realize "Hey, I love summer fuzz rock!" except you've only heard "Floating Vibes" and "Go Outside". So Pandora will show you a new genre, Spotify shows you your new favorite band.

Guest God-Speed_88

I've came to the conclusion that MTV destroyed music. It was the rise of commercial gain... the profit over artistic endeavor. It's just kinda annoying how much influence it has over Europe, the whole system pretty much destroyed our own music industry.

Guest silversurfer092

I've came to the conclusion that MTV destroyed music. It was the rise of commercial gain... the profit over artistic endeavor. It's just kinda annoying how much influence it has over Europe, the whole system pretty much destroyed our own music industry.

You're listening to the wrong music then. There are plenty bands out there that aren't for commercial gain. Coldplay's newest album is a pretty good example. Their previous 4 albums were Chris Martin being sad and shit, which I really dug. Their newest is just them having some fun with music. Frightened Rabbit's "Midnight Organ Fight" is the frontman wearing his heart on his sleeves. The Wombats', or at least their first album, was all about them having fun doing whatever they did.

Guest God-Speed_88

You're listening to the wrong music then. There are plenty bands out there that aren't for commercial gain. Coldplay's newest album is a pretty good example. Their previous 4 albums were Chris Martin being sad and shit, which I really dug. Their newest is just them having some fun with music. Frightened Rabbit's "Midnight Organ Fight" is the frontman wearing his heart on his sleeves. The Wombats', or at least their first album, was all about them having fun doing whatever they did.

I was just trolling.

I've seen both the Frightened Rabbit's and the Wombats on several occasions. I listen to all types of music, admittedly though not as much as I used to.

Guest silversurfer092

I was just trolling.

I've seen both the Frightened Rabbit's and the Wombats on several occasions. I listen to all types of music, admittedly though not as much as I used to.

I want to see FR and the Wombats. Boooooooooooo.

Also, force, if you're so in love with Pandora, check out Songza or 8tracks. They do what Pandora does, but better.

i like mostly 90's alternative rock grunge and post grunge like weezer rhcp local h foo fighters offspring nirvana atp pearl jam alice in chains etc etc bands like that .

and i also like 90's country like travis trett and brooks and dunn

kind of think of it i like a lot of diffrent music iam a weirld guy.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest silversurfer092

You should try to find more covers. The girl is good, but as soon as the guy starts singing solo, it goes downhill fast.

Guest God-Speed_88

The Specials

Talking Heads

Velvet Underground

Pixies

Tom Waits

Prodigy

Wu Tang Clan

Primal Scream

That is all you kids need to know.

Guest silversurfer092

Except some of us didn't grow up in the 80's and 90's, knowing nothing more than hating disco and hair metal.