Wolverine: 3

Rumble 20557 Patrick Bateman vs. Cocaine Bear
MATCH SCORE
Patrick Bateman: 0
Cocaine Bear: 1

Music

Guest boston_celtics

Guest silversurfer092
As you've probably all guessed by now, I'm a huge fan of Lady Gaga, Girlicious and The Jonas Brothers. JO-BROS FOR LIFE!

Well, you ARE Canadian, so I didn't expect much more. Except, who is Girlicious?

Guest silversurfer092
I'm just counting down the posts until the first non-ironic list of "fave bands" that includes Linkin Park.

In my spare time, I enjoy listening to The Raconteurs, The White Stripes (hmm, coincidence? No, Jack White's just a musical god), as well as other assorted stuff. I'm currently enjoying some Miss Li, some Cage The Elephant, and about 4 Rise Against songs.

I <3 Linkin Park.

• 3 weeks later...

Huh. Never saw this thread until now. I don't really care much for most music and when I do its usually movie soundtracks. But I do harbor a soft spot for Nightwish. The original band with Tarja, not so much the newer stuff they got.

Guest Blackzero D

I rarely listen to today's mainstream music because most of the artists either talk about trivial stuff like partying and love(seriously it's overdone) or some nonsense like Soulja Boy's "Crank That". I listen to hip-hop in the late 80's and early 90's. For me,My favorite era of music is the 90's because it had so much variety back then and it was actually fun to listen. 70's and 80's are cool too.

Guest Tim the Slipperman

Huge fan of:

Yes

Jethro Tull

Genesis

UK

Lights*

Andrew W.K.*

Aly & AJ/78violet

(wants to enter those with *'s as CBUB characters when the character add page comes back up)

Tim (aka the Slipperman)

• 10 months later...

Whatever happened to the all purpose music thread? Can't decide whether I should like this video or not. These guys are formally from a boy band, so I shouldn't like it on that principle alone. But, it's infectious. Before the ignorance commences, it's Korean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL0sfti1DcA...;feature=relmfu

But, it's infectious.

As much as I couldn't sit through that video past about thirty seconds, the above is sort of the point of mainstream pop so it does its job I suppose.

And guys, the best bands are clearly Led Zeppelin and The Beatles. Along with Michael Jackson and Bob Dylan those are pretty much the pinnacle.

Thumbs up to the Jethro Tull fan though.

Frank sinatra. The man could have sung a grocery list and it would have sounded good.

Totally true. The reason I don't tend to list him in all time greats is because while he was one of the greatest singers, he wasn't a songwriter.

Guest Jason Redfield

I'll listen to just about anything that's not country (with few exceptions), hardcore gangster rap, or heavy death metal/screamo (basically anything where the leader singer sounds like the Cookie Monster throughout the length of the song).

Some favorite bands off the top of my head: Foo Fighters, 30 Seconds To Mars, Breaking Benjamin, Them Crooked Vultures, Linkin Park, Within Temptation, Lacuna Coil, and Nightwish. As far as rap goes, I'm a fan of a lot of T.I.'s stuff.

Also, Dave Grohl is a musical deity.

Guest LoneWolf
Whatever happened to the all purpose music thread? Can't decide whether I should like this video or not. These guys are formally from a boy band, so I shouldn't like it on that principle alone. But, it's infectious. Before the ignorance commences, it's Korean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL0sfti1DcA...;feature=relmfu

HAHAHAHAH that's actually pretty awesome!

Guest silversurfer092
Also, Dave Grohl is a musical deity.

Yet Nirvana isn't on your list. Nirvana is his best band and probably always will be.

Guest LoneWolf
Yet Nirvana isn't on your list. Nirvana is his best band and probably always will be.

Nirvana...truly an amazing band. Back in 8th grade I used to love them. Now... 16 years later I still do.

Guest sirmethos

there are, Very, few artists/bands from which i like All of their songs.

however, since i listen to, and genuinely like, all kinds of music, there are a Lot of artists/bands that have some amazing songs.

a few off the top of my head:

Vienna Teng(current favorite artist) (my medea, lullaby for a stormy night, and eric's song)

Loreena McKennit (dante's prayer, stolen child, lady of shalott, penelope's song)

Tom Waits(the man is a friggin' genius) (hold on, come on up to the house, don't let go)

Heather Dale (tristan and isolde, mordred's lullaby, lancelots trial)

Nightwish (sleeping sun, over the hills and far away, bless the child, dead boy's poem)

Within Temptation (memories, angels, what have you done, in perfect harmony)

Alter Bridge (shed my skin, broken wings, in loving memory)

Metallica (whiskey in the jar, ain't my bitch, king nothing, nothing else matters, mama said)

Black Spider (save your life)

Flying Steps (we are electric)

Linkin Park (leave out all the rest, numb, crawling, my december)

3 Doors Down (changes, landing in london, father's son, behind those eyes, your arms feel like home)

Lifehouse (everything, hanging by a moment, breathing, storm, trying)

Apocalyptica

Bobby McFerrin (don't worry be happy, drive)

Breaking Benjamin (dance with the devil, diary of jane, what lies beneath)

Bryan Adams (summer of '69, heaven, kids wanna rock, please forgive me)

Santana (maria maria, smooth, into the night, black magic woman)

Tracy Chapman (behind the wall, fast car, talking 'bout a revolution)

Shinedown (staring down the barrel of a .45, burning bright, second chance, simple man)

Phil Collins (another day in paradise, take a look at me now, through my eyes)

Pussycat Dolls (halo)

Eminem (love the way you lie, mockingbird, marshal mathers, stan, sing for the moment, i'm not afraid)

Shakira (dreams for plans, your embrace, la tortura)

Nickelback (far away, hero, if everyone cared, someday, too bad)

Artist (a few of their songs)

this is just a small part of what i currently have on my mp3 player, but i'm on my way to bed, so i'll post more at a later time.

Guest Jason Redfield

*sigh* You know what they say about opinions.

I respect Nirvana and all, but I'm just not a fan of most of their songs compared to Foo Fighters and Them Crooked Vultures. Not to mention the drum parts he's done on several other bands' songs.

Guest silversurfer092
Rap, not today's rap, not soldier boy or Kanye or Wayne or any of those people. Eminem is my favorite artist of all time.

Eminem IS today's rap. Him and Lil Wayne. If you're trying to talk about not today's rap, where is the shout out to NWA or Public Enemy or Run DMC?

Eminem IS today's rap. Him and Lil Wayne. If you're trying to talk about not today's rap, where is the shout out to NWA or Public Enemy or Run DMC?

I can't help but chuckle when I see anyone mention the NWA. Oh man, Ice Cube, why are you on TBS? Are we there yet? What?

Anyways, Soulja Boy is where it's at. YYYYYOOOUUUUU!!! SUPERMAN THAT...

Heh. I'm sure the shame will hit me in a few moments.