Ken Masters: 4

Guardian (Marvel Comics) vs. Captain Britain
MATCH SCORE
Guardian (Marvel Comics): 0
Captain Britain: 4

Music

Guest boston_celtics

Guest Lunacyde

There is a band called Gwen Stacey. They got major points with me until I heard their music. Man do they suck. What a waste of a perfectly awesome band name.

Guest Hayesmeister5651
BITCHES BEST RESPECT.

*ahem*

I put it forward that '*vulgarity* You' by Cee Lo Green is the best song to have come out since 2010. Opinions?

The song is good, but I think Cee Lo is a tad over rated. When you become the flavor of the week that is pretty normal to happen.

Guest LoneWolf
There is a band called Gwen Stacey. They got major points with me until I heard their music. Man do they suck. What a waste of a perfectly awesome band name.

Just heard them. Sound like an August Burns Red rip off with horrendous vocals... Generic metalcore with *constant* screaming and no singing at all.

Guest silversurfer092
BITCHES BEST RESPECT.

*ahem*

I put it forward that '*vulgarity* You' by Cee Lo Green is the best song to have come out since 2010. Opinions?

I've found that I'm terrible at putting together favorites for music now, but I'd say my favorite song is from the Mine Is Yours or Last Night On Earth/i] albums. I've listened to those albums too much to not say one of those songs is my favorite. Helena Beat, Paradise, and a bunch of other songs are out there too.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest silversurfer092

Gold Motel's Summer House is so good. SOOOO GOOOOOOOOD. The only bad thing I can say about it is is that based on the two singles from the 2nd CD, it's not the same exact thing. That makes me sad. That and there's one track that always skips on my downloaded version. Curse me.

I'm just going to vent my musical frustrations here. It seems with quite a few bands I like nowadays with only one CD out, the 2nd CD always sounds like it'll be worse. Gold Motel and Fun. have released singles which don't capture the awesome of their first CD. I have no hope for fun., but I'm going to give Gold Motel's new singles another whirl.

I'm half-excited to check out Lana Del Rey's new CD too. Never listened to her old one, but I'm in love with "Video Games".

Guest Darxeth
Gold Motel's Summer House is so good. SOOOO GOOOOOOOOD. The only bad thing I can say about it is is that based on the two singles from the 2nd CD, it's not the same exact thing. That makes me sad. That and there's one track that always skips on my downloaded version. Curse me.

I'm just going to vent my musical frustrations here. It seems with quite a few bands I like nowadays with only one CD out, the 2nd CD always sounds like it'll be worse. Gold Motel and Fun. have released singles which don't capture the awesome of their first CD. I have no hope for fun., but I'm going to give Gold Motel's new singles another whirl.

I'm half-excited to check out Lana Del Rey's new CD too. Never listened to her old one, but I'm in love with "Video Games".

Try Off to the Races and Born to Die by Lana Del Rey

Edit: Off to the Races is kinda weird in the beginning but later it gets pretty great.

Guest Culwych

Not everyone's cup of tea, but Sabaton's Cliffs of Gallipoli is a personal favourite of mine. Epic and quite deep I think.

Can be found here with a tribute video:

. Not a great vid, but the effort's there.

Chorus lyrics:

"How many wasted lives,

How many dreams did fade away,

Broken promises; they won't be coming home,

Oh mother's wipe your tears,

Your sons will rest a million years,

Found their peace at last,

As foe turned to friend and forgive...."

Also note quite an epic guitar solo at 3:42

:P

Guest Culwych
Iron Maiden was the best gig I've ever been to. Amazing band, amazing live.

Truth has been spoken.

Bruce Dickinson's solo efforts are also worthy of note. Love Tears of the Dragon's guitar solo, get's me every time but is topped by Afraid to Shoot Strangers. It's almost as if the music is singing to you if you get what I mean.

Guest silversurfer092
Not everyone's cup of tea, but Sabaton's Cliffs of Gallipoli is a personal favourite of mine. Epic and quite deep I think.

Can be found here with a tribute video:

. Not a great vid, but the effort's there.

I actually like that song. Which is weird, because I don't like that type of music at all.

EDIT: That is in no way an epic guitar solo.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...