Rumble 20567 Ed (Street Fighter) vs. Mama Odie vs. Pickle
MATCH SCORE
Ed (Street Fighter): 0
Mama Odie: 0
Pickle (Baki the Grappler): 2

Music

Guest boston_celtics

Guest LoneWolf

Let's talk worst music... sorry man but Eminem is up there... to me, along with Nickleback, Creed and that whole nu grunge thing.

Guest Jason Redfield
Linkin Park, Nickelback, and Drake are some of the worst musical acts to ever exist.

I'll agree to Nickelback, but not so much on the other two.

Guest force_echo
Eminem IS today's rap. Him and Lil Wayne. If you're trying to talk about not today's rap, where is the shout out to NWA or Public Enemy or Run DMC?

Not his Recovery album, I mean it was okay, but I'm talking about The Marshall Mathers LP (Still the most fastest selling album of all time), Slim Shady LP, Eminem Show (my favorite), etc.

I'm such a massive Tiny Tim fan. I loved "Tiptoe through the tulips" and "I'm so happy".

Guest silversurfer092
Not his Recovery album, I mean it was okay, but I'm talking about The Marshall Mathers LP (Still the most fastest selling album of all time), Slim Shady LP, Eminem Show (my favorite), etc.

I'm such a massive Tiny Tim fan. I loved "Tiptoe through the tulips" and "I'm so happy".

No one cared? They were the frontier of a friggin movement. Someone has to care. Props for being a RATM fan though.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Dark Ranger X
Linkin Park, Nickelback, and Drake are some of the worst musical acts to ever exist.

Yet for some reason, they make millions of dollars through sales?

Not saying I disagree with you, but just making a point. Easy to say we hate certain artists (god knows I do it), yet if they're at a stage where we can hate them, chances are they're successful.

Yet for some reason, they make millions of dollars through sales?

Not saying I disagree with you, but just making a point. Easy to say we hate certain artists (god knows I do it), yet if they're at a stage where we can hate them, chances are they're successful.

I don't think revenue necessarily equals substance, it's not like McDonald's is the greatest restart in the world, it's just the easiest and accessible for lots of people.

EDIT: Though I guess you can't argue whether they are successful, just that they may not have as much substance to their music.

Guest Dark Ranger X
I don't think revenue necessarily equals substance, it's not like McDonald's is the greatest restart in the world, it's just the easiest and accessible for lots of people.

Couldn't agree more. I think Fred Durst is an oxygen thief.

I personally like Linkin Park, Nickleback, and Creed. Although I have to say I like country songs more. Most of them have a message or meaning behind the songs. I like Toby Keith the most and his patriotic songs.

Guest silversurfer092
I'm surprised no one has listed Radiohead yet, probably one the most relevant, influential, ground-breaking, and cerebral bands,,,well, ever.

I also love Tom Waits, Nirvana, and The Wrens.

Well, to be honest, I think the original point of the thread was to name current fav bands (I do love Radiohead but only once in a blue moon. However, I always respect what they have done for music) and really only now divulged into what has influence, moreso in the rap scene than music in general.

To DRX, I didn't say unsuccessful musical acts, just worst musical acts. I figure worst is a general term so it can be misunderstood, but I meant as in not talented or musical. Drake, I think, is the iceberg of crap Hip-hop and by Hip-hop, I mean anything well known other than The Roots. Lil Wayne sucks, Drake sucks, Nicki Minaj sucks, blah blah blah. I'm hypocritical because I like some of their songs. I will acknowledge that they sure as hell aren't good though.

Guest force_echo
Well, to be honest, I think the original point of the thread was to name current fav bands (I do love Radiohead but only once in a blue moon. However, I always respect what they have done for music) and really only now divulged into what has influence, moreso in the rap scene than music in general.

To DRX, I didn't say unsuccessful musical acts, just worst musical acts. I figure worst is a general term so it can be misunderstood, but I meant as in not talented or musical. Drake, I think, is the iceberg of crap Hip-hop and by Hip-hop, I mean anything well known other than The Roots. Lil Wayne sucks, Drake sucks, Nicki Minaj sucks, blah blah blah. I'm hypocritical because I like some of their songs. I will acknowledge that they sure as hell aren't good though.

I believe you are reffering to the trend of music coined as "hip-pop".

Guest Pseudonym

Great Musical Artists In Pseudo's Opinion:

Tub Ring

The Oddz

System Of A Down

The Decemberists

Flight of the Conchords

Rage Against the Machine

MF Doom

Cee Lo Green

Tim Minchin

Cake

Voltaire

For my next D&D run I was going to put in some music for deh mood, but I'm having trouble finding some good stuff. Any good suggestions of fantasy compatible music (Doesn't have to only include old instruments, but also no lyrics)

Here is a group you may like for your RP needs, but usually when I do my campaigns, I like to use movie/video game soundtracks. That said, here's my favorite group for that.

Nox Arcana

• 3 weeks later...
Guest The Dark Prince

my favorite bands are:

1.slipknot

2.my chemical romance

3.afi

4.hawthorne heights

5.linkin park

• 1 month later...