Pickle (Baki the Grappler): 2

Rumble 20566 Hippo vs. Rocksteady
MATCH SCORE
Hippo: 3
Rocksteady: 2

13:3 - Morlun vs. Michelangelo (1987)

UMPIRE

Just now, RakaiThwei said:

I'm not sure if we have time, but should we scale Mikey to the other 1987 Toon Turtles and their use of Toon Force?

Nah, it's fine, let's just let this shake out, pretty sure everyone has made their minds up at this point.

5 minutes ago, Nesh said:

Nah, it's fine, let's just let this shake out, pretty sure everyone has made their minds up at this point.

I will say it's difficult to fight a tidal wave. It happened with Ghost Predator vs Po, and it happened here.

1 minute ago, RakaiThwei said:

I will say it's difficult to fight a tidal wave. It happened with Ghost Predator vs Po, and it happened here.

I was really only debating for the fun of it.  However this shakes out, it was a good debate I had fun, and you as always have my utmost respect as a debater.

1 minute ago, Nesh said:

I was really only debating for the fun of it.  However this shakes out, it was a good debate I had fun, and you as always have my utmost respect as a debater.

Well, one thing I can say is...

At least the Turtles have more showings than the Yautja by comparison.

2 minutes ago, RakaiThwei said:

Well, one thing I can say is...

At least the Turtles have more showings than the Yautja by comparison.

I'm just glad I didn't pick a Yautja as a hunter but given most of the anthro animals have toon force it might not matter. lol

1 minute ago, Nesh said:

I'm just glad I didn't pick a Yautja as a hunter but given most of the anthro animals have toon force it might not matter. lol

I'm not looking forward to seeing who Broken Tusk goes up against. And he's my favorite Predator.

Lol, come on, y'all. 😄 

Mikey's got some toon force in the '87 show, but he's not a Looney Tune. He may also be durable, but he isn't Spider-Man, who Morlun regularly thrashed until plot kicked in. Given all this and the fact that Morlun has had months to study and track him? 

Mikey's done. 

3 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

Lol, come on, y'all. 😄 

Mikey's got some toon force in the '87 show, but he's not a Looney Tune. He may also be durable, but he isn't Spider-Man, who Morlun regularly thrashed until plot kicked in. Given all this and the fact that Morlun has had months to study and track him? 

Mikey's done. 

Mikey may not be Spidy, but again he doesn't even have to be at Morlun in a fight. Just stay ahead of him and they've both had months to learn about each other and given the set up. Mikey has seemingly spent more time in the terrain.

26 minutes ago, RiotGear said:

Mikey may not be Spidy, but again he doesn't even have to be at Morlun in a fight. Just stay ahead of him and they've both had months to learn about each other and given the set up. Mikey has seemingly spent more time in the terrain.

Staying ahead of him is going to be difficult given that they are on Mt Everest. There’s not anywhere for Mikey to go. The setup is implying the hunter has months of prep time, I don’t think it’s suggesting them both have that time (unless IKA has clarified) but I take it mean the hunter has tracked him after using months of time. I just think Mikey had the deck against him with a stronger opponent. In a straight up fight he would be at a disadvantage physically. He is not stealthy enough to reliably avoid Morlun and the terrain doesn’t give him much to use.

45 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

Lol, come on, y'all. 😄 

DSkillz, man, I love you but if I think any character has even a SMIDGEN of a chance, I will fight and die on that hill.

And since Morlun is a Marvel character, I will usually always oppose Marvel if I feel another character has the smallest of chances.

I mean... someone's gotta knock Marvel down a few pegs!

Yeah, looking at Everest, Mikey doesn't have much in the way of places to hide.  There's not really caves or anything, and he's going to stand out in the snow and ice.  So, stealth will be difficult.

51 minutes ago, Magnamax said:

Staying ahead of him is going to be difficult given that they are on Mt Everest. There’s not anywhere for Mikey to go. The setup is implying the hunter has months of prep time, I don’t think it’s suggesting them both have that time (unless IKA has clarified) but I take it mean the hunter has tracked him after using months of time. I just think Mikey had the deck against him with a stronger opponent. In a straight up fight he would be at a disadvantage physically. He is not stealthy enough to reliably avoid Morlun and the terrain doesn’t give him much to use.

The set up doesn't specify who gets prep, it does say it picks up after a cat and mouse chase. Which means both sides have been dealing with each other. It also it where the hunter has tracked the animal too. Which means the animal has been on Everest longer.

As for hiding and evading Everest does have caves, crevasses, snow drifts, hikers, base camp etc and is freaking huge.

34 minutes ago, Nesh said:

Yeah, looking at Everest, Mikey doesn't have much in the way of places to hide.  There's not really caves or anything, and he's going to stand out in the snow and ice.  So, stealth will be difficult.

Everest does have some caves and crevasses. Also he can hide in snow or blend in with hikers.

1 minute ago, RiotGear said:

Everest does have some caves and crevasses. Also he can hide in snow or blend in with hikers.

A google search told me that there weren't very many caves, perhaphs I'm just bad at google-fu in this case.  Morlun can cover a lot of ground fast and has flight, and we have to take into account that Mikey might not take the treat that seriously at first, depends on how much he knows about who's hunting him.  We might need @IKA to clarify who exactly gets prep here since that's ambiguous.

1 minute ago, Nesh said:

A google search told me that there weren't very many caves, perhaphs I'm just bad at google-fu in this case.  Morlun can cover a lot of ground fast and has flight, and we have to take into account that Mikey might not take the treat that seriously at first, depends on how much he knows about who's hunting him.  We might need @IKA to clarify who exactly gets prep here since that's ambiguous.

I don't think Everest has as many caves as a lot of mountains, but it does have crevasses, and a lot of trash and corpses and other things to hide among.

Per the set up, they have been playing cat and mouse. So Mikey knows what he's facing.

2 minutes ago, RiotGear said:

I don't think Everest has as many caves as a lot of mountains, but it does have crevasses, and a lot of trash and corpses and other things to hide among.

Per the set up, they have been playing cat and mouse. So Mikey knows what he's facing.

See I read that as the cat and mouse game starts when he finds Mikey on Everest, it as I said ambiguous.

24 minutes ago, Nesh said:

See I read that as the cat and mouse game starts when he finds Mikey on Everest, it as I said ambiguous.

Ok, but if that's the case Mikey has already been on Everest for a while. Which is gonna give Michelangelo a bit of home field advantage.

If Morlun has been prep for a hunt on Everest for months, it means Mikey has been their for months.

If on the other hand Morlun, prepped for a hunt and chased him to Everest. It means he didn't prep for the mountain specifically and that Mikey has. Had time from the chase to learn about him.

30 minutes ago, Nesh said:

The hunter gets the prep time.

56 minutes ago, RiotGear said:

So the hunter has prepped for months to hunt the animal on Mt. Everest specifically or has prepped for hunt in general and the hunt has taken them to Mt Everest?

Prepped for hunt, taken to Everest. 

3 hours ago, RakaiThwei said:

When can we expect to move onto the next bracket in the matches?

New round every 4 days, so in about 14 hours.

5 hours ago, RiotGear said:

Okay so the animal knows they are being hunted and by whom and are first on the mountain and neither prepped ahead of time for Everest?

They don't know they are being hunted. Just took a while for the hunter to track them.