Rumble 20567 Ed (Street Fighter) vs. Mama Odie vs. Pickle
MATCH SCORE
Ed (Street Fighter): 0
Mama Odie: 0
Pickle (Baki the Grappler): 2

Movies

Guest Magnus

Guest TheRandomBandit

I will. I'm very glad that it is not done by Rob Zombie. I liked The Jason remake and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake so I shall see this one. I hope they do a Hellraiser one as well.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest boston_celtics

Let's try to revive this topic. The day before the Oscars, the Golden Raspberry Awards, known as the Razzies, had its 30th anniversary show. This featured a 'Worst of the Decade" as well as for the year 2009. So, without further ado, here are the "winners."

Worst Picture

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

All About Steve

G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra

Land of the Lost

Old Dogs

Worst Actor

The Jonas Brothers, in Jonas Brothers: The 3D Concert Experience

Will Ferrell, in Land of the Lost

Steve Martin, in The Pink Panther 2

Eddie Murphy, in Imagine That

John Travolta, in Old Dogs

Worst Actress

Sandra Bullock, in All About Steve

Beyoncé, in Obsessed

Miley Cyrus, in Hannah Montana: The Movie

Megan Fox, in Jennifer's Body and Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Sarah Jessica Parker, in Did You Hear About the Morgans?

Worst Director

Michael Bay, for Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Walt Becker, for Old Dogs

Brad Silberling, for Land of the Lost

Stephen Sommers, for G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra

Phil Traill, for All About Steve

Now here are the Worst of the Decade.

Worst Picture of the Decade

Battlefield Earth

Freddy Got Fingered

Gigli

I Know Who Killed Me

Swept Away

Worst Actor of the Decade

Eddie Murphy, for The Adventures of Pluto Nash, I Spy, Imagine That, Meet Dave, Norbit and Showtime

Ben Affleck, for Daredevil, Gigli, Jersey Girl, Paycheck, Pearl Harbor and Surviving Christmas

Mike Myers, for The Cat in the Hat and The Love Guru

Rob Schneider, for The Animal, The Benchwarmers, Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo, Grandma's Boy, The Hot Chick, I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry, Little Man and Little Nicky

John Travolta, for Battlefield Earth, Domestic Disturbance, Lucky Numbers, Old Dogs and Swordfish

Worst Actress of the Decade

Paris Hilton, for The Hottie and the Nottie, House of Wax and Repo! The Genetic Opera

Mariah Carey, for Glitter

Lindsay Lohan, for Herbie: Fully Loaded, I Know Who Killed Me and Just My Luck

Jennifer Lopez, for Angel Eyes, Enough, Gigli, Jersey Girl, Maid in Manhattan, Monster-in-Law and The Wedding Planner

Madonna, for Die Another Day, The Next Best Thing and Swept Away

Opinions, disagreements, what?

Guest ParaBoss
Let's try to revive this topic. The day before the Oscars, the Golden Raspberry Awards, known as the Razzies, had Sandra Bullock, in All About Steve

Beyoncé, in Obsessed

Miley Cyrus, in Hannah Montana: The Movie

Megan Fox, in Jennifer's Body and Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Sarah Jessica Parker, in Did You Hear About the Morgans?

[

Sandra Bullock won best and worst actress the same year - that's gotta be a first. I wonder if she accepted both awards in person.

Guest Shockwave
Twlight had a way better story. At least the director of that movie, read the book's. I mean yeah, you will not be able to fit everything into a movie, but at least get the characters and READ THE BOOK!

Just please go see the movie, and admit that Twlight the movie was way better then Percy Jackson the movie. :)

simonpunch.gif

No. I saw Twilight before I saw DBE, and if you recall I was trying to defend DBE for some time until I regained my senses. That's pretty *vulgarity*ing bad.

If you ignore said terrible Fantastic Four movies, he's a pretty decent actor.

Check out Sunshine. He was pretty awesome in that (and it's a pretty awesome movie as-is).

Also: People should be ashamed that they aren't going to see Repo Men. It's insane in almost all the right ways.

Guest Shockwave

I will get right on that Landon. After I finish taking a girl to see the Crazies, and I finish my five day laughing streak after seeing that they are making a live action Bleach movie.

Take a look.

If you ignore said terrible Fantastic Four movies, he's a pretty decent actor.

Check out Sunshine. He was pretty awesome in that (and it's a pretty awesome movie as-is).

Also: People should be ashamed that they aren't going to see Repo Men. It's insane in almost all the right ways.

My dad saw RepoMen. He hated it, but I don't remember why. On Captain America, superhero movies have made plenty of actor upsets. Who really thought Micheal Keaton would be a good Batman? Or Heath Ledger a great Joker? I'm taking the same approach I'm taking with Ryan being GL. I'm going to give Chris the benefit of the doubt.

Guest Shockwave
I saw Clash of the Titians las night. It was good. Not great, but good.

I had to take my 3D glasses off partway through the movie and the quality got better.

That being said, it was all about the fights, which thank God it followed. At least it respected the source material mostly. If they make a sequel, I would love to see more of the Gods in action.

Edit: Also, anticipating this film

Guest boston_celtics
I saw Clash of the Titians las night. It was good. Not great, but good.

It was a carbon copy of the epic, with a few added extras and no Hermes and Artemis. Oh, and it changed the entire premise of the journey that Perseus took.

Which is actually it's greatest failing, because that means the plot is convoluted and the characters are one-dimensional. Even the action sequences weren't that good.

Guest Soberguy

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

I saw Clash of the Titans as well and found it fairly forgetable. Here are my list of things which bothered me about it:

1) There was no characterization. Not only were many of the characters one-dimensional, but there were many who were one-dimensional in exactly the same way. It was hard to tell some of the cannon fodder soldiers apart.

2) Perseus hated the Gods and was given a few predictable reasons for feeling that way. All well and good. He even refuses the Gods' help to do his quest as a man. Great. Then, towards the end, he just chucks it all and starts using his magic sword and flying horse. He's even a little buddy buddy with Zeus. WTF?

3) The relationship between the Gods and Man was odd. The scene that had me scratching my head was when the statue of Zeus was toppled, and Hades popped out of the ocean and directly killed all the soldiers. Ummm.. ok. If the Gods interceded that literally, I wouldn't be toppling any statues. It would have been nicer if the Gods were a little more subtle. If Poseidon had sent a rogue wave, it would have had the same effect without seeming stupid.

4) There was absolutely no tension in the movie. Perseus cruised through the movie with action hero bravado and never once did the viewer get the idea that he might actually fail at anything he did. Every action movie has to follow the same trope: good guy trains hard, good guy has rough start, good guy improves and becomes capable, good guy wards off bad guy, bad guy comes back and beats good guy, good guy start to lose faith, good guy summons inner strength and resolve, good guy has epic battle with bad guy, good guy wins. Clash didn't have this. They skipped all the middle parts where ther hero had failures and self-doubt. Made it really boring.

5) Do not whip out a mechanical owl as a throw away homage unless your film is clearly superior to its predecessor. I saw that owl and thought "HELL YES - THE OWL!" only to have them skip it. By the end of the movie, I was thinking the owl might have redeemed it a little if they had bothered to use it.

6) There was no real villain here. The mutant king dude was a wasted effort, as he had lots of backstory and psychological motivation and then they just said "okay, he's super strong and will just follow him around and hit him every now and then". Hades wasn't nearly evil enough and poorly acted. The Kraken was just an excuse to show off some unoriginal CGI effects - ditto the scorpions. Medusa was a little cooler, but not by much. The villains only served the purpose of giving new people for Perseus to defeat instead of driving the plot.

Guest silversurfer092
I am looking forward into seeing the new Nightmare on Elm Street. I know it's a remake, but I still want to see how it does

Fun Facts: It was made in a town about 5 or 6 miles away from mine. It was made in the same town that Billy Corgan of Smashing Pumpkins originates from.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest KevinDWolf93

Came back from "A Nightmare on Elm-Street" a few minutes ago. I thought it was pretty good: The story isnt too bad overall, but Freddys backstory is segmented in only two or three parts which move by very fast...and were in the trailer. Granted there was a hell of a subversion at the last part. Though the important part, the scares, in my opinion are good. The kills themselves arent really over-the-top but they worked on me, one of the scariest ones, in my opinion, wasnt the most graphic but this (and Im paraphrasing here)quote sums up the horror of it "The human brain is active 7 minutes after the heart stops...I still got six more minutes" . JEH creeped me the f**k out as Freddy, and thats my only opinion on the acting, he wasnt "funny Freddy" thats for sure. Though I feel they pushed the paranoia fuel that was " are they asleep right now? When is/can Freddy get them?" as the main source of scare...then again, like I said before, it worked on me. Ending is classic Freddy and that plus the opening song in the credits got a wtf/laugh reaction off the crowd I was with, though Im thinking about the last part more after thinking bout it...

namely did the adrenaline used to "wake her" work at all, and she fell asleep sometime after heading into the ambulance, or were they both out the whole time with Freddy leading em on? Guess we wont know for sure till the sequel...

Guest AKUMA
Came back from "A Nightmare on Elm-Street" a few minutes ago. I thought it was pretty good: The story isnt too bad overall, but Freddys backstory is segmented in only two or three parts which move by very fast...and were in the trailer. Granted there was a hell of a subversion at the last part. Though the important part, the scares, in my opinion are good. The kills themselves arent really over-the-top but they worked on me, one of the scariest ones, in my opinion, wasnt the most graphic but this (and Im paraphrasing here)quote sums up the horror of it "The human brain is active 7 minutes after the heart stops...I still got six more minutes" . JEH creeped me the f**k out as Freddy, and thats my only opinion on the acting, he wasnt "funny Freddy" thats for sure. Though I feel they pushed the paranoia fuel that was " are they asleep right now? When is/can Freddy get them?" as the main source of scare...then again, like I said before, it worked on me. Ending is classic Freddy and that plus the opening song in the credits got a wtf/laugh reaction off the crowd I was with, though Im thinking about the last part more after thinking bout it...

namely did the adrenaline used to "wake her" work at all, and she fell asleep sometime after heading into the ambulance, or were they both out the whole time with Freddy leading em on? Guess we wont know for sure till the sequel...

im going to go see it soon...

Guest Soberguy

I scored Iron Man 2 tickets for tomorrow night. I'll let you know all about Whiplash stroking his cockatoo when I get back.

Guest Soberguy
I scored Iron Man 2 tickets for tomorrow night. I'll let you know all about Whiplash stroking his cockatoo when I get back.

Iron Man 2 was very good. Not as good as the original, but way ahead of the usual action movie sequel curve. It was nice to see that they didn't abandon all the character development in favour of non-stop mindless CGI action like other sequels I could mention. That said, there was lots of action - just in a reasonable amount and at appropriate times in the story.

Scarlett Johansson was awful of course, but her role was mostly standing around looking hot anyway, so no one noticed. Upsettingly, I didn't like Samuel L Jackson in this one either. Mickey Rourke was good, as was Sam Rockwell, who pretty much played the same character he did in Charlie's Angels.

All in all, a very solid effort. You'll enjoy it. Kudos to Favreau for doing it right. This guy is one of my favorite directors and creeping steadily up the list.