Rumble 20567 Ed (Street Fighter) vs. Mama Odie vs. Pickle
MATCH SCORE
Ed (Street Fighter): 0
Mama Odie: 0
Pickle (Baki the Grappler): 2

Movies

Guest Magnus

Guest boston_celtics
For box office? Dark Knight was second place in gross before Avatar came out but it wasn't even nominated.

What? No, second highest grossing movie of all time is Titanic, followed by Return of the King, then Dead Man's Chest.

Two of the above won.

No, they won out of the effort it took to make the movies. Titanic basically rebuilt the ship, so they won for that. All LOTR movies were shot at the same time, so they won for that. And Avatar revolutionized the effects industry, so it will most likely win for that.

And Heath Ledger won the Oscar because he was dead. I don't like it when people think he was actually the best supporting actor of that year.

Guest Soberguy
For box office? Dark Knight was second place in gross before Avatar came out but it wasn't even nominated.

I would also point out that - as a piece of cinema - Dark Knight was 10x better than Avatar. As soon as you start to have any expectations that there is any kind of consistant, concretely-definable logic behind Oscar nominations you have already lost the game.

What? No, second highest grossing movie of all time is Titanic, followed by Return of the King, then Dead Man's Chest.

Two of the above won.

No, they won out of the effort it took to make the movies. Titanic basically rebuilt the ship, so they won for that. All LOTR movies were shot at the same time, so they won for that. And Avatar revolutionized the effects industry, so it will most likely win for that.

And Heath Ledger won the Oscar because he was dead. I don't like it when people think he was actually the best supporting actor of that year.

But I could've sworn I heard that Dark Knight was second. I mean, I heard it everywhere. But I've just read Wikipedia just now and it seems you were right. Weird. I've just read Wikipedia again and it seems that DK being in second was only when applying box office to US and Canada. That's where I heard it from. And Heath Ledger did an amazing, unique job as Joker. that's all I will say on that matter.

World-Wide Movie Box Office Records

US Movie Box Office Records

Dark Knight is currently #3 in the US, behind Avatar and Titanic. But when it comest World-Wide records, it's #5 behind those two movies, LotR, and the second Pirates movie.

The only genuinely good movie amongst those five is Dark Knight.

All of that is bullshit, though, unless you're a movie studio executive or producer. Movie-goers shouldn't give a damn about how much MONEY a movie makes. If any sort of numbers should matter it should be how many PEOPLE saw the movie. That's why the Adjusted For Inflation list is far more interesting, since it shows how many people actually saw a movie. That list is only for the US, but it gives you a good idea of what movies have REALLY been popular over time.

Guest KevinDWolf93
Anyone gonna see The Lightening Thief?

Thinking about it...Never finished the book(lost it during road trip somehow), but it may be mindless fun if nothing else(Plus Im sucker for mythology)

Really though Im a bit more intrested in seeing The Wolfman remake, hope thats good. Id heard about it last year, but it just popped up on my radar.

Guest tomisntblue
Thinking about it...Never finished the book(lost it during road trip somehow), but it may be mindless fun if nothing else(Plus Im sucker for mythology)

Really though Im a bit more intrested in seeing The Wolfman remake, hope thats good. Id heard about it last year, but it just popped up on my radar.

Yeah the Wolfman remake has my interest, so does the new Clash of the Titans.

Guest KevinDWolf93
im actually interested in seeing the new wolfman movie....

Came back from it just now.

Personally, I rather liked it. It stayed period(1890's) which was probably a smart move. Werewolf design(fairly important part of a monster movie in my opinion) was true to the original,not what I prefer, but pretty good especially the transformation. Scares were enough to freak the group I was with:fast and hard. Pretty gory, no discression shots...but then again, its a werewolf movie. A couple changes/additions from the original for extra exitment(quite a few are spoilers so I wont say em) but they were done well.

I just watched Ong Bak 2. Tony Jaa is the new Bruce Lee. I don't say this lightly. It's time for Jet Li and Jackie Chan to pass the torch. This kid is beyond amazing. I highly suggest you rent Ong Bak 1, 2 and the Protector. Ong Bak 3 is coming soon. I've already seen the preview.

Marrese Crump for that matter too. Move over action world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_9Y-43U6EI

I just watched Ong Bak 2. Tony Jaa is the new Bruce Lee. I don't say this lightly. It's time for Jet Li and Jackie Chan to pass the torch. This kid is beyond amazing. I highly suggest you rent Ong Bak 1, 2 and the Protector. Ong Bak 3 is coming soon. I've already seen the preview.

Marrese Crump for that matter too. Move over action world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_9Y-43U6EI

:D Tony Jaa is badass.

Guest TheRandomBandit

The Lighting Thief was horrible! Grover was never a stud. Where was Clarisse? Why did they have to have Luke playing CODMW2? Why did he give Percy the shoes? If I remember it was Hermes who gave him those shoes on a beach. Percy and Annabeth never fought like that. During capture the flag they were on teams.

How did Luke steal the Lighting Bolt in the first place? Sure, he was the son of Hermes, but there is no chance in hell that you can go to Olympus and steal Zeus's lighting.

Everything was terrible about that movie. Hollywood has ruined another.

Guest TheRandomBandit

Twlight had a way better story. At least the director of that movie, read the book's. I mean yeah, you will not be able to fit everything into a movie, but at least get the characters and READ THE BOOK!

Just please go see the movie, and admit that Twlight the movie was way better then Percy Jackson the movie. :D

Twlight had a way better story. At least the director of that movie, read the book's. I mean yeah, you will not be able to fit everything into a movie, but at least get the characters and READ THE BOOK!

Just please go see the movie, and admit that Twlight the movie was way better then Percy Jackson the movie. :D

NEVARRRRRRRRR!

I heard Percy Jackson completely re-wrote the book. Seriously, someone find Rick Riordan and give him Alan Moore's address. Those two can talk about how much Hollywood sucks.

Still, worse than Twilight?

I was forced to watch Twilight on a long car ride (I was tied down, drugged, and had my eyelids stapled open), and I don't think I'll ever be the same again. Was there any point to the baseball scene? Is it romantic to stalk someone? Why am I asking these questions?!

Anyways, I haven't seen Percy, but it can't be worse than Twilight. Or can it?

Guest tomisntblue
I heard Percy Jackson completely re-wrote the book. Seriously, someone find Rick Riordan and give him Alan Moore's address. Those two can talk about how much Hollywood sucks.

Still, worse than Twilight?

I was forced to watch Twilight on a long car ride (I was tied down, drugged, and had my eyelids stapled open), and I don't think I'll ever be the same again. Was there any point to the baseball scene? Is it romantic to stalk someone? Why am I asking these questions?!

Anyways, I haven't seen Percy, but it can't be worse than Twilight. Or can it?

It wasn't. They changed a lot but in my eyes I could over look most of it except for the following four things

Annabeth didn't have a crush on Luke, she actually fights him at one point. They didn't mention Pan at all, which takes away Grover's story. Chronos seemed to have nothing to do with anything, which by taking him out of the picture also removed Aries leaving Luke to have stole the bolt on his own. And finally they left out the great prophecy which takes out the main plot and ominous feel to the story.

That's pretty much the sum of what I didn't like about it. But no, Twilight was not better.

Guest KevinDWolf93

Nightmare on Elm Street

It's coming out April...anyone gonna see it? I probably wont, but thats just me, perhaps it may be better than all the other horror remakes done recently? Doesnt look like he is gonna be very funny anymore...that a good thing?*shrugs*

PS:Yes I know he only really started making puns and stuff in the later ones.