Hollow: 2
X-23: 5

Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

Movies

Guest Magnus

I disliked Man of Steel. I just don't think the direction Snyder and Nolan took it in works for it - I'm well aware it's altogether a new, different Superman they're construing and I understand the merits behind portions of the movie - but I still dislike it. Amy Adams as Lois Lane... even I enjoyed Faora more so than her (God, she was friggin' gorgeous despite being covered mainly and outfitted a la military style). Even that cute Captain under that general was sexy (the one who thought Superman was hot) and I found her more interesting than Adams. -.- As for Zod - I'll admit he was well done but I simply do not like the actor - call it bias, whatever you want. I loved Jor El's portrayal however - he was pretty much bad ass - in my honest opinion the best part(s) of the movie. Don't get me started on Kevin Costner's portrayal of Johnathan Kent - I had some gripes with him there - Martha Kent was more so tolerable. Even the dog too. I could elaborate more but that's already been done by others and mine's kinda a late entry.

And I agree with Jason - Hardy was a friggin' badass. Personally, if it was me? If he actually survived, he's hooking up with Faora :P They totally had a thing going :P Faora's currently one of my favorite villainesses. Loki still beats out Zod, of course - HOLLAH AT YA NOVA.

Also to plug in an older movie from March - G.I. Joe Retaliation was friggin' awesome - Dwayne Johnson and his team played their roles great and the plot was significantly better than the prior film - really entertaining.

I am planning on watching Into Darkness via Glowgaze or whatnot and eventually seeing Pacific Rim :)

So I just came back from watching The Help and ended up enjoying it. Curious about the reception, I wiki'd that up and found out quite a bit of criticism, mainly about how fictionalized the 1960s' were portrayed. I feel that the movie divided people on whether people liked it or not. It made me feel that the country is still a long way off from being able to see eye to eye regarding race.

Red 2 was eh.

The action scenes were a little better this time around, but the humor wasn't quite as good. The editing/scene transitions and soundtrack had a direct-to-DVD quality to them that made everything feel really cheap.

It's an alright movie. One of the better ones from this summer, but that isn't saying much. This hasn't been a good summer movie-wise.

Guest KibaxHinata

Anyone saw the news for the Man of Steel sequal and Avengers 2? Not looking forward to the Caped Crusader marching in on Supes' turf.

Guest force_echo

Yeah. A World's Finest movie? I hope they do it on the arc where Batman and Supes visit Apokolips. That was like the best World's Finest arc ever.

Guest bigballerju

A Batman and Superman is going to be great. I would rather see a World's Finest film. As far as Avengers 2 I wish the title was different and I knew Hank Pym wasn't going to be in the sequel once they announced Scarlet Witch along with her brother. I'm interested on how they will do the Ultron origin.

A X-Force film is very interesting. I would think they would do a X-Factor film with Havok instead. But oh well.

Guest Classic80s

Just saw The Wolverine. I want to talk about the ending for a moment, so SPOILERS!!!!!

(SPOILERS)

***********I about came out of my seat with disgust when the Silver Samurai cut off Wolverine's claws. What a crock of f*ck! It's been established that Adamantium is indestructible (i.e. "impossible to destroy") yet the Samurai cuts them off like they're made out of aluminium. And the idea that Adamantium can harm Adamantium is BS! Even if it's heated. Because when something is indestructible, that means it's impervious. Not "really durable but can be harmed by other items of the same material." 

Brian Singer and Brett Ratner realized this and kept the Adamantium indestructible. Yet when the other Wolverine movies came along, the first thing they do is "let's make his metal able to be destroyed!" Total bullsh*t!!!! 

I can only hope they don't something as stupid with Captain America's shield.

:angry:     <_<     -_-

Guest bigballerju

Not only that Wolverine is getting good reviews and people seem to like it. That's good. Hugh Jackman deserves a real good  Wolverine film for how much he loves playing the character.

Guest Classic80s

Uh... haven't seen the movie but even in the comics it's been acknowledged that the Silver Samurai's sword can cut through Wolverine's adamantium-laced claws and skeleton.

I've never seen anything to indicate he can. Every time he's tried, Wolverine's claws stopped his tachyon covered blade. In other words, Adamantium is immune. 

Guest Classic80s

How would he know? It was stated otherwise that Adamantium could withstand it. 

The first Silver Samurai is a mutant with the ability to generate a tachyon field, with which he can surround anything. He commonly uses his power on his sword, enabling it to cut through nearly anything, except substances as hard as adamantium.

Guest force_echo

If you wanted to cut out Wolverine's claws, it wouldn't be that hard to do. The muscles and tendons that connect his claws to his forearms aren't made out of adamantium.

Guest thanosisawesome

My biggest complaint with the Wolverine was the fact that Wolverine was a pathetic brawler in combat.

If the only complains people have about The Wolverine are nitpicky fanboyish things, that's a pretty good sign that it's a genuinely good movie.

And it is. Saw it the other night. Didn't care for the big finale. Up until that point, it wasn't falling into the usual comic book movie traps. It was more of a character drama thing that just happened to have a pretty awesome fight on the top of a bullet train. But the whole robot thing and the reveals in the final fight were kinda lame. It feels like something tacked on by some studio exec who thinks all comic book movies have to end with BIG ROBOT EXPLOSIONS. But it's still a pretty good movie despite that.

Also saw Only God Forgives. Best movie I've seen all year.

Guest thanosisawesome

If the only complains people have about The Wolverine are nitpicky fanboyish things, that's a pretty good sign that it's a genuinely good movie.

And it is. Saw it the other night. Didn't care for the big finale. Up until that point, it wasn't falling into the usual comic book movie traps. It was more of a character drama thing that just happened to have a pretty awesome fight on the top of a bullet train. But the whole robot thing and the reveals in the final fight were kinda lame. It feels like something tacked on by some studio exec who thinks all comic book movies have to end with BIG ROBOT EXPLOSIONS. But it's still a pretty good movie despite that.

Also saw Only God Forgives. Best movie I've seen all year.

Spoilers

Except that wasn't the only flaw. The entire movie as a whole was incoherent. It had no clear villain or plotline till the very end. One of the most annoying parts was Yashida's "character arc." I say that in quotations because in the beginning he seemed like a pretty good guy. They made a point of showing that he saved the prisoners, and let Wolverine go. He also took in that girl (her name is slipping my mind) Then in the end he is an evil sociopath who tries to kill his daughter and his friend. I guess he was corrupted by his life of luxury.

My second point is no clear villain, and even more so no clear motivations. So in the beginning the Yakuza are kind of the villain. Because they want Moriko for some reason. Where they hired by the attorney guy? DId they just want her cause she's powerful now? What? And then I guess Yashida or Viper wanted her. And also Shingen because I guess he was jealous? Then in the end she was of no importance at all and did nothing. I guess she killed the bad guy. What were Vipers motivations in all this? I guess she worked for Yashida. But in the beginning he had little drones in his lungs. Where they healing him? Was Viper betraying him? How did he not see those? But then there were some in jars. And.......what......what's going on? It's Shingen! No wait, Viper is behind it all! Crap, it's Yashida! This movie was kind of okay I guess.

I wouldn't call it a character drama though. These are more nitpicks, but why did the directors/writers not read a single Wolverine comic? They obviously didn't. Wolverine spent a bunch of time in Japan and is actually fluent in the language. But in the movie he was a stupid uncivilized foreign asshole. As I stated earlier, why was he a terrible fighter? Why is a martial artist with a hundred or so years of experience and military training getting handled by nameless fodder? My final point is about the names. This is how I imagine the producers. "Hey, I read on the wiki that there is this guy named Harada. Let's cram some guy in the movie named Harada! Comic fans will love it! I also heard that there was this evil guy names Shingen. Let's cram him in there too!" Except then their roles in the movie made no sense. I don't know. I would give the movie 2.5 out of 5 stars. 

Guest silversurfer092

If you wanted to cut out Wolverine's claws, it wouldn't be that hard to do. The muscles and tendons that connect his claws to his forearms aren't made out of adamantium.

This guy.

Guest bigballerju

Wolverine was a great movie and I enjoyed it. A good character driven story and Wolverine in well done fight scenes. LOL Thanos what Wolverine did you watch where Wolverine was a bad brawler? He was slicing people the f**k up and was very good. Wolverine actually had to rely more on skill and more without his healing factor. The after credit scene was was a nice touch. I can't wait to see what happened to the X-Men years in the future after X-Men 3.

Guest thanosisawesome

Wolverine was a great movie and I enjoyed it. A good character driven story and Wolverine in well done fight scenes. LOL Thanos what Wolverine did you watch where Wolverine was a bad brawler? He was slicing people the f**k up and was very good. Wolverine actually had to rely more on skill and more without his healing factor. The after credit scene was was a nice touch. I can't wait to see what happened to the X-Men years in the future after X-Men 3.

I suppose in his fight with Shingen he wasn't really trying, but he was getting sliced up constantly. In his fights with the Yakuza, he fought okay I guess, but it is a lie to say that he relied more on his skill. He was getting shot and stabbed constantly. Basically as soon as he last his healing factor everyone knew they had a chance. It would have made for a cool scene if someone was like ," Your nothing without your powers." And then Wolverine owned them all without taking a hit. But no, he just kept getting shot and stabbed.

Guest bigballerju

Wolverine own them without taking a hit or getting stabbed against that many people? You do realize this is Wolverine right? Not some super unbeatable character who is untouchable. Wolverine in the comics was stabbed or shot by regular ninjas and soldiers in battle before he eventually slice them the hell up too. Yeah Wolverine rather then just fighting like a brawler with no sense was fighting smart but ruthless in his own Wolverine way like he should. Like the fight scene at the funeral or in the train when they tried to attack him as a group in that small compartment. 

Guest thanosisawesome

Wolverine own them without taking a hit or getting stabbed against that many people? You do realize this is Wolverine right? Not some super unbeatable character who is untouchable. Wolverine in the comics was stabbed or shot by regular ninjas and soldiers in battle before he eventually slice them the hell up too. Yeah Wolverine rather then just fighting like a brawler with no sense was fighting smart but ruthless in his own Wolverine way like he should. Like the fight scene at the funeral or in the train when they tried to attack him as a group in that small compartment. 

Yes, because he is fighting with his healing factor. As you should know, Wolverine is an excellent martial artist, and should easily handle Yakuza goons.