MATCH SCORE
Starkiller: 5
Wolverine: 3

Rumble 17591 Tifa Lockhart vs. Bane

Partyman

Versions- Remake Tifa and Arkhamverse Bane

Time- Between Origins and Asylum

Setting- Gothan Royal Hotel lobby 

Both have no prior knowledge or prep time. Tifa has all her normal stuff from the game. Bane starts off normal but can pump himself full of any amount of his Venom at any time he wants to. 

Who wins and why?

Man, you guys really don't know Tifa.

Again, even in KH II, Tifa shook a room with a light kick to a wall. In the Final Fantasy games, she regularly engages the likes of Sephiroth, who can unleash supernovas.

Seriously, Partyman, you might want to consider pitting Tifa against cosmic-level characters.

23 hours ago, leroypowell3 said:

I mean she would have to surprise kill him and he won't get a chance to hit the venom. and the word I thought I typed was pound not bound (but that's probably just as bad if you have a dirty mind).

If Bane does hit the venom would his transformation shock and kinda weird out Tifa at all? Because I don't think she has seen anything like it. I could be wrong though.

2 hours ago, Partyman said:

If Bane does hit the venom would his transformation shock and kinda weird out Tifa at all? Because I don't think she has seen anything like it. I could be wrong though.

Exactly how would Bane weird Tifa out?

The version of Tifa you're using takes on threats that can wipe out solar systems. The KH version could probably demolish a building. She's not the dainty girl that she might appear to be to you.

19 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

Exactly how would Bane weird Tifa out?

The version of Tifa you're using takes on threats that can wipe out solar systems. The KH version could probably demolish a building. She's not the dainty girl that she might appear to be to you.

I know she's not but she's facing a guy with tubes in his head who can make himself bigger and stronger with a strange drug. How would you feel if you saw that for the first time?

9 minutes ago, Partyman said:

I know she's not but she's facing a guy with tubes in his head who can make himself bigger and stronger with a strange drug. How would you feel if you saw that for the first time?

She's seen weirder in the Heartless and Nobodies in KH II, but has probably seen similar weirdness in the FF games.

And even in the very off-chance Bane rattles her, what's a man that can maybe toss a car gonna do against a planet wrecker?

34 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

And even in the very off-chance Bane rattles her, what's a man that can maybe toss a car gonna do against a planet wrecker?

That's like... the umpteenth time I have heard s claim like this regarding Tifa's physical and magical strength.

Has this been proven that she is a planet buster?

3 hours ago, RakaiThwei said:

That's like... the umpteenth time I have heard s claim like this regarding Tifa's physical and magical strength.

Has this been proven that she is a planet buster?

Never played an FF game, I've seen vids of Sephiroth summoning literal supernovas at the players (including Tifa) in-game, and the players often survive the attack:

1 hour ago, DSkillz said:

Never played an FF game, I've seen vids of Sephiroth summoning literal supernovas at the players (including Tifa) in-game, and the players often survive the attack:

This is kind of why I dislike Final Fantasy characters, as I believe that a lot of the battles in-game can have varying factors and equipment which doesn't necessarily reflect the canonical storytelling of the game, and certain feats in-game can likely be attributed to game mechanics such as Tifa withstanding a planet busting attack like Super Nova.

There's even some debate within the Final Fantasy community as to whether or not the animation video is canon to the storyline or not. A quick Google search for "Has Sephiroth ever canonically used Super Nova?" does present some interesting links.

Also, there is debate as to HOW Super Nova works but it's generally agreed upon that like the Summons in the game, which drag the enemies into their own personal dimensional space-- Sephiroth somehow manages to do the same as he transports the Avalanche Party (depending on who you use in the game but canonically, they all are fighting Sephiroth, Yuffie included despite her being a hidden recruit in game) to an alternate time and space rift dimension, and the Super Nova blast occurs there where Sephiroth, isn't even really in that dimensional space but it's an illusion in his likeness that's in the video. Some even attribute Super Nova to be a really sophisticated illusion that's in the realm of Sephiroth's powers.

Also, a lot of stuff from the games might be game mechanics as well as the very feats of durability and power from them aren't necessarily reflected in other canonical media for Tifa, like Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, where Tifa was knocked out by Loz who had a electrical power gauntlet-- which is significantly much less powerful than Super Nova.

Tifa is definitely superhuman but I don't think she's planetary busting level.

14 hours ago, RakaiThwei said:

This is kind of why I dislike Final Fantasy characters, as I believe that a lot of the battles in-game can have varying factors and equipment which doesn't necessarily reflect the canonical storytelling of the game, and certain feats in-game can likely be attributed to game mechanics such as Tifa withstanding a planet busting attack like Super Nova.

There's even some debate within the Final Fantasy community as to whether or not the animation video is canon to the storyline or not. A quick Google search for "Has Sephiroth ever canonically used Super Nova?" does present some interesting links.

Also, there is debate as to HOW Super Nova works but it's generally agreed upon that like the Summons in the game, which drag the enemies into their own personal dimensional space-- Sephiroth somehow manages to do the same as he transports the Avalanche Party (depending on who you use in the game but canonically, they all are fighting Sephiroth, Yuffie included despite her being a hidden recruit in game) to an alternate time and space rift dimension, and the Super Nova blast occurs there where Sephiroth, isn't even really in that dimensional space but it's an illusion in his likeness that's in the video. Some even attribute Super Nova to be a really sophisticated illusion that's in the realm of Sephiroth's powers.

Also, a lot of stuff from the games might be game mechanics as well as the very feats of durability and power from them aren't necessarily reflected in other canonical media for Tifa, like Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, where Tifa was knocked out by Loz who had a electrical power gauntlet-- which is significantly much less powerful than Super Nova.

Tifa is definitely superhuman but I don't think she's planetary busting level.

So who do you think wins?