Emma Frost vs. Rachel Summers
MATCH SCORE
Emma Frost: 2
Rachel Summers: 3

Princess Leia Organa vs. Stella Star
MATCH SCORE
Princess Leia Organa: 5
Stella Star: 2

12:1 - Sarah Connor vs. Hadley's Hope (LV-426)

UMPIRE

7 minutes ago, RiotGear said:

So by your estimation. Face hug to chest burst is hours.

Meaning if it happens late enough in the day you could get facehugged and still run the clock out. For a technical victory.

It would depend on the frame of time in which she is captured. If she is captured early, then she can die within the time span it would take for this match to finish.

But as far as I am concerned, if anyone is implanted by a Facehugger, they are as good as dead already without the assistance of medical intervention. And also, it's NOT  a good idea to remove a Facehugger from the victim, as removing it would cause some type of shock which would ultimately kill the host-- not to mention risk acid splashing onto the host and killing them as well.

1 minute ago, RakaiThwei said:

It would depend on the frame of time in which she is captured. If she is captured early, then she can die within the time span it would take for this match to finish.

But as far as I am concerned, if anyone is implanted by a Facehugger, they are as good as dead already without the assistance of medical intervention. And also, it's NOT  a good idea to remove a Facehugger from the victim, as removing it would cause some type of shock which would ultimately kill the host-- not to mention risk acid splashing onto the host and killing them as well.

Not disagreeing with any of that on a general level.

However the way the scenario is written. You can get facehugged and still win. Even if you die at 24 hours and 1 second. You still survived for the needed 24 hours.

5 minutes ago, RiotGear said:

Not disagreeing with any of that on a general level.

However the way the scenario is written. You can get facehugged and still win. Even if you die at 24 hours and 1 second. You still survived for the needed 24 hours.

But the process of Facehugging usually involves the host being incapacitated and unconscious. In this situation, the Hive would have Sarah cocooned to the walls against her will and restrained that she would be unable to escape. She's also in the presence of numerous Xenomorphs who are keeping an eye on her, as well as the Queen to keep the matriarch protected. I really do not see this as SURVIVING, but rather DYING.

I mean let's look at nature, there are some parasitic wasp which do something similar to the Xenomorphs. Some Cicada Killer Wasp sting their prey and drag them to their nest, and lay their eggs on Cicadas so that their parasitic larvae can eat them. Other wasp even go as far as taking caterpillars and stinging them, implanting their eggs inside of said caterpillar, and the larvae eat the caterpillar from inside while it's alive...

I mean... similar scenario here. Is that REALLY surviving?

1 hour ago, RakaiThwei said:

But the process of Facehugging usually involves the host being incapacitated and unconscious. In this situation, the Hive would have Sarah cocooned to the walls against her will and restrained that she would be unable to escape. She's also in the presence of numerous Xenomorphs who are keeping an eye on her, as well as the Queen to keep the matriarch protected. I really do not see this as SURVIVING, but rather DYING.

I mean let's look at nature, there are some parasitic wasp which do something similar to the Xenomorphs. Some Cicada Killer Wasp sting their prey and drag them to their nest, and lay their eggs on Cicadas so that their parasitic larvae can eat them. Other wasp even go as far as taking caterpillars and stinging them, implanting their eggs inside of said caterpillar, and the larvae eat the caterpillar from inside while it's alive...

I mean... similar scenario here. Is that REALLY surviving?

Survive means to continue live. So if somebody is alive regardless of comatose state etc. They have survived.

Just now, RiotGear said:

Survive means to continue live. So if somebody is alive regardless of comatose state etc. They have survived.

So... by your logic, and let's go with the parasitic wasp analogy for the Xenomorph here... Like the wasp which stings and implants a caterpillar, who is being eaten from the inside out by the parasitic wasp larvae, assuming Sarah Connor is captured, immobilized, and implanted and... if we go with either the Fox or Disney EU material, which mentions the Xenomorph taking nutrients from the hosts body, and eating their chest cavity... they're surviving? I... don't see the sense in that logic.

51 minutes ago, RakaiThwei said:

So... by your logic, and let's go with the parasitic wasp analogy for the Xenomorph here... Like the wasp which stings and implants a caterpillar, who is being eaten from the inside out by the parasitic wasp larvae, assuming Sarah Connor is captured, immobilized, and implanted and... if we go with either the Fox or Disney EU material, which mentions the Xenomorph taking nutrients from the hosts body, and eating their chest cavity... they're surviving? I... don't see the sense in that logic.

My question to you than is how do you define survive?

The most basic definition I can find is. Continue to live.

I'm mean I guess we could have a philosophical discussion about what it means to be alive, but think about the fact that person's kept alive by machines are generally considered to still be alive. Brain dead and kept breathing, eating, etc by tubes and machines and the medical establishment and most legal systems would say you are alive.

So yeah. In this scenario if you are alive at the end of 24 hours regardless of whether you are unconscious and being eaten from the inside out or not. I can't see the logic not in calling it surviving.

Unless the argument you are making is that at that point. The person in question is no longer themselves, but that is some heavy metaphysical stuff, with wide reaching ethical ramifications. That want likely be resolved in an online versus debate.

Eh, somehow part of the debate has become how long Sarah could survive in the clutches of a Xeno in its various stages. I'd still say, though, that Sarah's resourceful enough to keep from getting caught for the 24-hour period in the first place.

If we're talking Sarah from Terminator Genisys or Sarah from The Terminator Chronicles, both are used to being constantly on the run from and fighting superhuman entities and often (if not always) in dystopian conditions, and Genisys Sarah has specifically been trained from a young age for this purpose. I'd have to think that either version would be better suited to fight and evade Xenos than even the Colonial Marines.