Hollow: 2
X-23: 5

Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

October 2020 CBUB Tournament

Fox

The October 2020 CBUB Tournament will have a theme.

To compete in the Tourney the player must create TWO tournament matches (and only two - no more, no less) and follow the theme.

THEME:

Players must use two contenders in a match.

One contender from the Horror category of the CBUB Character Database.

One contender from the Pop-Culture category of the CBUB Character Database.

Players are free to add new characters to the CBUB Character Database in those categories for use in the Tournament matches.

Matches:

Players will create Two Tournament matches in the month of October with the above theme. No more than Two, no less than Two.

Prizes:

1 Grand Prize - $100 Amazon Gift Card.

1 2nd place Prize - $50 Amazon Gift Card.

The Required Legaleeze...

NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.

The "CBUB October Tournament" is sponsored by Electric Ferret ("Sponsor").  This contest is governed by these official rules ("Official Rules").  

By participating in the contest, each entrant agrees to abide by these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements, and understands that the results of the contest,
as determined by Sponsor and its agents, are final in all respects.

The contest is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.

ELIGIBILITY
The Contest is open to legal residents of their respective countries where not prohibited by law, who are thirteen (13) years of age or older at the time of entry who have Internet access and a valid e-mail account.

Must be a registered member of CBUB Forums in order to create the CBUB matches to be judged for merit in the contest.

Sponsor has the right to verify the eligibility of each entrant.

TOURNAMENT CONTEST PERIOD

Begin date:
The Tournament option will appear in the CBUB match creation sometime between October 1st 12AM PST (midnight) and October 2nd 12PM PST (noon).

End Date:
12PM PST (Noon) October 31

(PST is Pacific Standard Time)

Ability to create a Tournament Match will end October 26!

HOW TO ENTER

This is a competition tournament contest which requires following the rules of the tournament, below.

TOURNAMENT RULES

Contestant must create two (2) CBUB Rated matches in the month of October.

Contestant must create these matches using the Tournament option in the CBUB Match Creator.

Characters used in the match(es) must abide by the Theme for October as previously described.

Each match created for the tournament may be rated by CBUB Members and Match Judges using the 5-star system located on the Forum page topic, as is the norm in CBUB rated matches.

Each match will receive ratings from at least 1 judge but may receive ratings from more, as is the norm in CBUB rated matches.

Matches will be rated for their entertainment and creative value to the judge or member who will read and rate the match.

Ratings will only count coming from Members who have a CBUB account older than January 1 2020.  CBUB Match Judges do not have this restriction.

Ratings a contestant gives to their own match will not count towards its score and will be discarded.

WINNER SELECTION

The winner will have the highest score at the time the tournament closes.

Score is a weighted average of the star ratings (one star to five stars) given by those members rating the Tournament matches.  All contestants will have a final score between 0 and 5.

The winner will have produced at two (2) CBUB Rated matches in the month of October that follow the Theme.

In the event of a tie, the tied players will continue to create matches which will be rated until there is one winner.

PRIZES:

Grand Prize: one $100 dollar Amazon gift card.

Runner-Up Prize: one $50 dollar Amazon gift card.

Terms and conditions may apply.

Incidental expenses and all other costs and expenses which are not specifically listed as part of a prize in these Official Rules and which may be associated with the award, acceptance, receipt and use of all or any portion of the awarded prize are solely the responsibility of the respective prize winner.

ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE IS SOLELY THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER.

ADDITIONAL LIMITATIONS

Prize is non-transferable.

No substitution or cash equivalent of prizes is permitted.

The gift card will be an Amazon Gift Card by Email.  It will be sent using the Amazon online shopping platform (English / U.S.A version) to the registered Email address of the winning person of the contest.

Sponsor does not collect any personal information from users besides the email address.  Therefore, the email address is what will be used to provide the prize via Amazon U.S.A.

Sponsor and its respective agents and representatives are not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of the contest,
including, but not limited to, errors in any printing or posting or these Official Rules, the selection and announcement of any winner, or the distribution of any prize.

Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, suspend or amend the contest, without notice, and for any reason, including, without limitation, if Sponsor determines that the contest cannot be conducted as planned or should a virus, bug, tampering or unauthorized intervention, technical failure or other cause beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper play of the contest.

In the event any tampering or unauthorized intervention may have occurred, Sponsor reserves the right to void suspect entries at issue.

Sponsor and its respective agents and representatives, and any telephone network or service providers, are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription
of entry information, or for any human error, technical malfunction, lost or delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, line failure or malfunction of
any telephone network, computer equipment or software, the inability to access any website or online service or any other error, human or otherwise.

INDEMNIFICATION AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY

BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO INDEMNIFY, RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, THE AMAZON PLATFORM, ADMINISTRATOR, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES, AND ALL THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS FROM ANY LIABILITY, DAMAGES, LOSSES OR INJURY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THAT ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST AND THE ACCEPTANCE, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE THAT MAY BE WON.

SPONSOR DOES NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE CONDITION, FITNESS OR MERCHANTABILITY OF THE PRIZE.

SPONSOR AND AFFILIATES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES, AND ALL THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS DISCLAIM ANY LIABILITY FOR DAMAGE TO ANY COMPUTER SYSTEM RESULTING FROM ACCESS TO OR THE DOWNLOAD OF INFORMATION OR MATERIALS CONNECTED WITH THE CONTEST.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2020 at 12:30 PM, Fox said:

Tournament option should be available.  Looking forward to some great horror related matches this month!

Do the matches need to be scary? And will they be judged on how spooky they are?

1 hour ago, SSJRuss said:

Do the matches need to be scary? And will they be judged on how spooky they are?

I only judge on how entertaining and well written a match is, me personally.

Of course, I can't speak for others who rate matches.

6 minutes ago, Fox said:

I only judge on how entertaining and well written a match is, me personally.

Of course, I can't speak for others who rate matches.

Okay, just checking. Because my first match isn't spooky lol. I'll bring plenty of entertainment and well-writtenness... Yeah

Hey, I know we've been enjoying the Draft, but if I'm not mistaken, there are only three entries total so far for this month's tournament. And as Fox mentioned, there's not a lot of time left to enter. 

Also, it would be nice if you guys added links to your entries to this thread like we've done in past tourneys. It makes seeking them out a bit easier overall. Took me a little bit to look up each of your winning matches and link/add them to the CBUB Hall of Fame.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2020 at 2:29 AM, Fox said:

The ability to enter Tournament matches for October will close in 10 days, about.

Just a heads up.

What time tomorrow does the Tournament end? Rushing my last entry. Been stuck between being sick and working.

6 minutes ago, SSJRuss said:

What time tomorrow does the Tournament end? Rushing my last entry. Been stuck between being sick and working.

Probably Monday morning I'll remove the Tourney option in the match creator.

Sorry to hear. Hope you feel better soon!

3 minutes ago, Fox said:

Probably Monday morning I'll remove the Tourney option in the match creator.

Sorry to hear. Hope you feel better soon!

jurassic park wow GIF by Spotify

Oh man, thank you. I was stressing a bit lol. I wish I could have done these earlier in the month but yeah, things came up. It's almost done so I'll hammer it out in the morning and have it by the afternoon. Evening at the latest.

And thanks. Had an infection that kept me out of work, then when I went back to work I was swamped. You know how it is.

• Like 1

This month was a tough competition with close scores.

JohnnyChany

Bibendum, the Michelin Man vs. Christine  : 30 / 6 = 5.00 Total Rating
Alex Cross vs. Azazel : 32 / 8 = 4.00 Total Rating
Final Score: 62 / 14 = 4.42

SSJRuss
Cthulhu vs. Sesame Street : 36 / 8 = 4.50 Total Rating
Bear Grylls vs. Jason Voorhees : 52 / 12 = 4.33 Total Rating
Final Score: 88 / 20 = 4.40

ND7

Roy Burns (Fri. 13th: A New Beginning) vs. Clarice Starling  : 46 / 10 = 4.60 Total Rating

2-4-5 Trioxin Zombies vs. Kevin McCallister : 46 / 11 = 4.18 Total Rating

Final Score: 92 / 21 = 4.38

Bergy_berg
Herbie vs. Stuntman Mike : 28 / 8 = 3.50 Total Rating
Buffy the Vampire Slayer vs. Bone Saw McGraw : 42 / 10 = 4.20 Total Rating
Final Score: 70 / 18 = 3.88

Congrats to JohnnyChany and SSJRuss! 

The difference between the top 3 is just 0.02 in each case.  Wow.

JohnnyChany was off to a rocky start with that 'Alex Cross vs. Azazel' match, but then really pulled it out with a perfect score from the Judges on 'Bibendum, the Michelin Man vs. Christine'. Fantastic work,

Join us again next month for more Tournament frivolity.

Wait a minute ... it just occurred to me:

On 10/31/2020 at 2:17 PM, Fox said:

Congrats to JohnnyChany and SSJRuss! 

The difference between the top 3 is just 0.02 in each case.  Wow.

So ... is JohnnyChany the overall winner here, or is he considered co-winner like in the previous tournament?

On 11/4/2020 at 12:17 AM, DSkillz said:

Wait a minute ... it just occurred to me:

So ... is JohnnyChany the overall winner here, or is he considered co-winner like in the previous tournament?

He had the highest score.  Overall winner, yep.

10 hours ago, Fox said:

He had the highest score.  Overall winner, yep.

Good to know. Thanks!

A belated congrats to JohnnyChany for pulling a Boratz and becoming a three-time winner! Your matches have (finally) been added to the Hall of Fame.