Waspinator vs. Grumble Bee
MATCH SCORE
Waspinator: 3
Grumble Bee: 2

Tournament - Godzilla vs. Ultraman 80

SSJRuss

FADE IN:

EXT.  ELECTRIC FERRET STUDIOS, UNNAMED METROPOLIS -- EARLY MORNING

We open on a marble white building, twenty-five stories tall. The building stands alone and the camera pans down to an empty parking lot. Trees wrap around the parking lot, creating a natural fence for privacy. A black Nissan Versa pulls into the lot, parking in the first space closest to the building. A young twenty-something man gets out of the car.

Camera pans up from his shoes to the nametag he places on his chest. It reads: SSJRuss.

SSJRuss (27), hair is neat, wears a white button-up shirt tucked into his khakis.

He adjusts his glasses and makes a note of the time on his wrist watch. 7:15am.

SSJRuss:

First one here. No surprise. I don’t understand why Mr. Fox doesn’t just fire them already.

As the camera rises, SSJRuss walks into the building. We get a glimpse of the logo on top of the building. It reads: Electric Ferret Studios.

INT. LOBBY OF EF STUDIOS

He walks across the empty lobby, reaches the elevator, and steps in, choosing the 12th floor. The camera sits with SSJRuss bobbing his head to the elevator music.

SIMULATION FLOOR OF EF STUDIOS

Elevator doors open. Dozens of cubicles line the main room, all of which are empty. Some desks are decorated or have papers scattered about. Others are covered with a thick film of dust, long unused. The auto-lights flicker to life as he walks down a row to find his cubicle.

Camera pans around the room, showcasing several cubicles as it narrows to SSJRuss’s cubicle. We see his co-worker OMFG’s cubicle to the right. Pictures of Me Gusta faces taped to the inside of his cube. The computer screen is frozen on a page of ‘Dungeon Mastering for Dummies’.

On the left, the station of employee Confession FPT is decorated with imagery from the Tekken franchise. A figure of Kuma the Bear sits on the desk, with its head bobbing.

SSJRuss steps inside his cubicle. It is decorated with anime figures, a small stack of science fiction novels and a Spider-Man lamp.

He takes a seat in his swivel chair and boots the computer. The black screen turns white and reads ‘Simulations Control Panel’

CUT TO:

WALKWAY OF THE SIMULATIONS FLOOR, CAMERA ZOOMS TO THE WATER-COOLER -- MORNING

A cup centers on the camera. The cup is being filled with water at a water-cooler by a male. His name tag reads OMFG.

OMFG (23), exceptionally handsome, thin with a dark tan complexion. His attire matches that of SSJRuss as it is the standard uniform for employees of Electric Ferret Studios.

He fills the cup as SSJRuss approaches to do the same.

SSJRuss:

Hey man, how’s those monthlies coming?

The camera fixes on them both. Noise from other employees working fills in as background.

OMFG:

Monthlies? Oh right, the simulation bracket. I haven’t found anything yet. Still searching the database.

SSJRuss:

The month is almost over, dude. What’s the hold up?

OMFG:

I’ve been… preoccupied.

SSJRuss:

Yeah I saw your screen this morning. You’re learning about dungeon mastering instead of running the simulations--

OMFG:

So what? You can’t tell me you don’t goof off too.

SSJRuss:

Maybe, but I do take what we do seriously.

SSJRuss and OMFG simultaneously sip water from their cups as they look back at the simulation floor. The camera focuses on Bergy_Berg, another employee, as he meets eyes with SSJRuss.

OMFG:

Bergy’s working today? Isn’t he your rival?

SSJRuss:

Fuck that guy.

OMFG lets out a short laugh then goes to fill his water cup again.

OMFG:

Hey, his simulations kick yours in the ass.

SSJRuss:

They do not.

Peypeypeypey, another employee in the white shirt and khakis, enters the scene.

Peypeypeypey:

Actually they do.

Peypeypeypey passes SSJRuss and OMFG to put water in his coffee mug.

Peypeypeypey:

Hey, OMFG, get those monthlies done?

SSJRuss looks back at OMFG, raising his eyebrows and giving him an expression of ‘I told you, so.’

OMFG:

No, Pey. I haven’t. What about you?

Peypeypeypey:

I’m caught up through October.

SSJRuss:

How? You’re hardly here!

Peypeypeypey:

It’s called being a professional. Something you two wouldn’t know anything about. Right, DSkillz?

DSkillz answers from off-screen.

DSkillz:

Hell yeah. Get good scrubs.

A tremor in the earth shakes the building, cutting off the office conversation. Everyone grabs hold of something, either it is a cubicle or the wall. The water in the cooler ripples with consecutive tremors.

Everyone steadies themselves and rushes to the large glass windows on the other side of the room. The view of the city now shows Godzilla appearing on the horizon. He is crashing through buildings and directly facing the Electric Ferret building.

The Boob Tube:

Is that Godzilla? Like, THE Godzilla?

Nesh:

Oh damn, he’s coming this way.

Confession FPT:

What?

Peypeypeypey:

That’s Godzilla, alright. Coming straight at us.

IKA:

Wow. Dude, we’re boned.

Z451:

Someone call the penthouse. Mr.Fox isn’t gonna like this.

OMFG:

Wait, why does he want to kill us? Anybody got beef with Godzilla?

DSkillz:

Pey?

The entire group looks at Peypeypeypey, then looks to his cubicle that is adorned with Godzilla paraphernalia.

Peypeypeypey:

Don’t look at me. His simulation record is crisp.

They look onto Godzilla making his way through the city.

SSJRuss:

Good lord, he’s hauling ass. He’s definitely pissed at someone.

The Boob Tube:

We’re gonna die.

OMFG:

This one’s on Pey. I’m calling it now.

Confession FPT:

I’ll take that bet.

OMFG:

What?

IKA:

Yeah, me too. This is definitely Pey’s fault. He’s the Godzilla guy.

OMFG:

Good thing I didn’t waste my time getting caught up through October, huh Pey?

SSJRuss:

Wait guys, look.

In-between the Electric Ferret building and Godzilla appears another giant. It is Ultraman 80 from his self-titled show in 1980. His back is facing the building as he leaps to engage Godzilla in battle.

Nesh:

Is that Ultraman?

Confession FPT:

No, looks like some cheap knock off.

Bergy_Berg:

That costume is terrible. He has a nose on his mask.

SSJRuss:

It’s supposed to make him look more human, Berg. He’s gotta be a role model for kids.

IKA:

He's a giant too. Think he’ll protect us?

SSJRuss:

That’s sort of his thing.

Confession FPT:

I bet he loses. I’ve got cottage cheese that’s stronger than this guy.

Peypeypeypey:

Yeah, Godzilla’s gonna bulldoze him.

SSJRuss:

He’s trying to save us. Maybe we shouldn’t bet against him.

Bergy_Berg:

Twenty bucks says Godzilla piledrives him into the dirt.

OMFG:

You’re on, pal.

Everyone pulls swivel chairs from their cubicles to the window to watch the fight unfold. A pile of money is put on the desk as the betting pot.

FADE OUT:

So here we have Ultraman 80 vs Heisei Era Godzilla. This is Pre-Ghidorah Godzilla so he only has feats that he showcased in The Return of Godzilla and Godzilla vs. Biollante.

Ultraman 80 has similar powers as other Ultramen, as well as the three minute time-limit. So Ultraman has three-minutes to stop Godzilla from destroying Electric Ferret Studios. After three-minutes, Ultraman returns to his human form and loses.

25 minutes ago, OMFG said:

0 out of 5! 

"Dark tan"? My makeup says "Light Honey", so, honey, you got that part wrong *snaps fingers*

Just felt right. At least I left in your handsome features.

I dig this set-up. Very creative and unique way to set the fight up. Also, it depicted me as the only professional and you lot as a bunch of clowns, which feels about right. 

I'll have to look into the specific versions of the characters to see who would win. This isn't the most powerful Godzilla, but it is one of the most ruthless. Ultramen in general are very strong though. What's probably gonna decide the fight is the time limit. Godzilla is durable as all hell in just about every version, and he's not just gonna roll over and die without giving it one hell of a fight. 

13 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

I dig this set-up. Very creative and unique way to set the fight up. Also, it depicted me as the only professional and you lot as a bunch of clowns, which feels about right. 

I'll have to look into the specific versions of the characters to see who would win. This isn't the most powerful Godzilla, but it is one of the most ruthless. Ultramen in general are very strong though. What's probably gonna decide the fight is the time limit. Godzilla is durable as all hell in just about every version, and he's not just gonna roll over and die without giving it one hell of a fight. 

Always the pro. Thought you'd like that.

I've been looking more into this Ultraman's powerset as I'm already familiar with Godzilla's.

Godzilla -  80 meters tall, weight 50,000 tons. Speed is about forty knots when swimming and his reaction speed is fast enough to tag fighter jets with Atomic Breath.

Ultraman 80 - 50 meters tall, weight 44,000 tons. Max. Flight Speed is Mach 9/ Max. Running Speed is Mach 1.7/ Max. Swimming Speed is 630 knots. He can also make a shield to block the Atomic Breath and a reflective barrier to send it back at Godzilla. He has several different beam attacks that have destroyed Kaiju in one or two hits. And lastly, he can teleport himself and others to a different place. (Sending Godzilla to a different planet, for example, would constitute a win as EF Studios is saved.)

I'll post the links I found. Ultraman is fast as hell and will give him the edge to win. That's not even going into this destructive power.

https://ultra.fandom.com/wiki/Ultraman_80_(character)

https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthreads/comments/c4gyuv/respect_godzilla_heisei_era/

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
CBUB Match Judge : 5 Stars x 2
CBUB Match Judge : 5 Stars x 2
CBUB Match Judge : 4 Stars x 2
CBUB Member : Join date after Dec. 31 2019. Not counted.

FPA Calculation:
4 + 2 + 0 + 0 + 0 = 6 Total Votes
( (4 * 5) + (2 * 4) + (0 * 3) + (0 * 2) + (0 * 1) ) = 28 Total Stars Score
28 / 6 = 4.67 Total Rating

MATCH SCORE
Godzilla: 15
Ultraman 80: 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/13/2020 at 7:08 PM, SSJRuss said:

DSkillz:

Hell yeah. Get good scrubs.

Damn right. :D

This was another good one, Russ. Too bad I missed the vote on it. I think Godzilla rightfully won this match, but I'm pretty sure I would've survived. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

Damn right. :D

This was another good one, Russ. Too bad I missed the vote on it. I think Godzilla rightfully won this match, but I'm pretty sure I would've survived. 

I'm glad you liked it and found your way to it. It's my first time writing a script.

I mean, how would you have survived? I thought the only survivor would have been Fox 🦊

14 minutes ago, SSJRuss said:

I mean, how would you have survived? I thought the only survivor would have been Fox 🦊

Well ... 

*looks around to make sure no one else is listening* 

You see, Godziila attacking the building was Fox's idea all along. It was his fail-safe in case things went awry with the Ferret again. I'm just the only one he let be in on his nefarious plan. 

😈

• Haha 1