Rumble 20601 Balto vs. Troodons
MATCH SCORE
Balto: 1
Troodons: 4

Rumble 20600 Elodie vs. The Princess (2022 Film)
MATCH SCORE
Elodie: 4
The Princess (2022 Film): 3

Rumble 20599 Tom Cat vs. Death Angel (A Quiet Place)
MATCH SCORE
Tom Cat: 2
Death Angels (A Quiet Place): 0

Wolverine vs. Multiple Man
MATCH SCORE
Wolverine: 3
Multiple Man: 4

Tournament - Captain James Tiberius Kirk vs. Viceroy Nute Gunray
MATCH SCORE
Captain James Tiberius Kirk: 6
Viceroy Nute Gunray: 3

Tales of Belleterra, Adventurer's Guild - RP

OMFG

Just now, Bergy_Berg said:

"Your peaceful solution sounds nice Corvo, though boring. I wouldn't mind testing my axe against whoever carved up poor little Elbine here. But if it completes the job and makes you feel all warm and fuzzy then I don't mind watching you folks talk. Is anyone carrying a copy of the bounty? If they're expecting heads on sticks then the peaceful solution doesn't work.

Also, absolutely against any plan that sends one person off to take care of everything themselves. We can see how that panned out already."

"Oh I think we have fuzzy covered my friend." Corvo remarked with a smile before adding more seriously.

"If negotiations fail, then we will have no choice. But I would extend that chance to them if possible, especially after learning what I did. The majority of them have fled abusive homes, violence wrought against them and thus feel violence is their only recourse. I would show them another way if I could."

In addition to the latter part he added. "Agreed. Also, the majority of all that from fire and so forth...Insofar as I am concerned, I'm just an acolyte. Such powers are beyond me in the bulk required to do all that at once. Our resources are limited so let's think about saving them and playing to our strengths before launching head first into a wall."

3 minutes ago, Hugo Fowl said:

Our resources are limited so let's think about saving them and playing to our strengths before launching head first into a wall."

"To be fair, one of my best strengths is launching headfirst into walls," Cliff responds with a smirk.

• Haha 1

"To be fair, one of my best strengths is launching headfirst into walls," Cliff responds with a smirk.

"I shall take that under advisement. This does seem like an able opportunity to share what we can do though." He added with an afterthought.

"I'm a swordsman. I combine my martial skill with arcane might and have a particular...Talent that allows me to travel as swift as the Crow flies."

5 minutes ago, Hugo Fowl said:

"I'm a swordsman. I combine my martial skill with arcane might and have a particular...Talent that allows me to travel as swift as the Crow flies."

"Tried that a bit earlier, not everyone was eager to talk about how they like to fight. Though I don't talk to people well, so maybe you can get everyone to open up.

"I can appreciate those who use a little magic with their weapons, seen it work before. Between you and the wizard we have a fair bit of magic to this group then. I'm excited to see it all in action. Can't say I have much surprising to offer, I'm big and I have an axe. That's about it. It's plain, but effective in a fight."

"Tried that a bit earlier, not everyone was eager to talk about how they like to fight. Though I don't talk to people well, so maybe you can get everyone to open up.

"I can appreciate those who use a little magic with their weapons, seen it work before. Between you and the wizard we have a fair bit of magic to this group then. I'm excited to see it all in action. Can't say I have much surprising to offer, I'm big and I have an axe. That's about it. It's plain, but effective in a fight."

Corvo nodded.

"Outside of battle I'm trained in negotiating techniques and the rites of my order. I'm fairly decent at athletic things and sneaky enough to watch my step when needed."

You'll all end up dead if any male wishes to speak with them. I was non violent with them on three occasions only attempting the assassination as I fled their bloodlust. 

Clara is they only one they'd listen to. And As I said before there is no way I'd let any of them lay a finger on her. 

If there is a peaceful solution Clara should be the one to represent it, using me as bait will simply be to gain extra trust. You all will have to re damage me again of course I'm sure you'd enjoy that. 

After we're inside if Clara doesn't get them to walk out with in 30 minutes, set fire to the walls. 

I do have a favor to ask though, is there anyone who can use magic to replicate an item?

This way we both get what we want, a peaceful solution and if not a violent one.

And yes I was injured, but only because I dropped all of my weapons im hopes of talking first. 

Clara... Do you trust me?

"Elbine, you barely made it back here alive. When 15 angry women have you bound in rope, how do you expect to keep someone else safe? Seeing what already happened to you does not fill me with confidence in your abilities. And unless these women are completely brainless, when you and Clara show up together they'll be plenty suspicious. You should probably not be seen."

Cliff rubbed his forehead. All this talking. When tribes in the mountains have a dispute they just fight it out.

15 versus 6. Cliff starts counting on his fingers. 6 of us. Well, 5, better not count the Tabaxi. So, 15 versus 5. Ok.

"Anyway, if all goes to shit we each only need to kill 3. That's doable."

Just now, IKA said:

You'll all end up dead if any male wishes to speak with them. I was non violent with them on three occasions only attempting the assassination as I fled their bloodlust. 

Clara is they only one they'd listen to. And As I said before there is no way I'd let any of them lay a finger on her. 

If there is a peaceful solution Clara should be the one to represent it, using me as bait will simply be to gain extra trust. You all will have to re damage me again of course I'm sure you'd enjoy that. 

After we're inside if Clara doesn't get them to walk out with in 30 minutes, set fire to the walls. 

I do have a favor to ask though, is there anyone who can use magic to replicate an item?

This way we both get what we want, a peaceful solution and if not a violent one.

And yes I was injured, but only because I dropped all of my weapons im hopes of talking first. 

Clara... Do you trust me?

He'd have been more inclined to listen were it not for several facts.

One of which was the letter he wrote. The sheer cantankerous attitude he was all but certain extended to his 'talks'. Why, with what he'd seen? He wouldn't be surprised if he hadn't mooned them and prompted it all.* The second reason extended to the way he conducted himself, his wound still untreated and ignored by him. To say nothing of his lack of thanks for saving him and the constant plan to burn them all, etc. Ad nauseum.

Most of which was voiced by Cliff as Corvo nodded.

"Agreed. That said, I bet I could get them to talk. I'll even make it a wager."

*He was half right as it turned out, though he wouldn't know this.

Clara listens on throughout the boy's conversation on a strategic plan. "Well...as much as charging head on does seem like to much of a risk, infiltration does seem to be the best way to go. I guess I could talk to the ladies, but I'm not really sure if I have the....how you say.... 'acting chops' to pull it off." Clara would begin to get a little nervous about the whole idea as she scratches her own fingers out of natural instinct. 

5 hours ago, Hugo Fowl said:

"I shall take that under advisement. This does seem like an able opportunity to share what we can do though." He added with an afterthought.

“The headline of my resume is: ‘Subaquatic Sneaky Boi, Locanthe Lady Killer’. I am quite adept with stealth and not being seen. I also enjoy the diplomatic route over tussles, if these outlaw babe types are willing to speak with us, we should try that out. Ya know, try to be...friendly.” 

16 hours ago, Confession FPT said:

Muggy’s eyes got wide at the Guild Master’s demonstration. He gulped. 

He turned to leave, patting his Tortle companion on the back of the shell, “It’s ok of it takes you a lil longer to get places frann, I can walk with you. I’m not super used to traveling on land, anyway. Plus, us coldbloods got to stick together.” 

Farley accepts the hand on this shell with a warm smile. He's never seen this species before but he gets the sense that this guy is friendly. If a bit, wet. Farley nods at Muggy, "Yes I think so. And it seems we'll be doing quite a bit of traveling on land so... I guess we'll need to get your feet dry, huh?"

15 hours ago, OMFG said:

Ah, a new member joins the squad, however it seems he arrived at the wrong place!

It is now nighttime, and the party finds themselves inside a local pub, approximately half way between Eastrun and the bandits' camp.

The pub was fairly quiet, as it was located in a place to large to be called a homestead, but too small to be a village. Just a simple collection of houses, a clue of farms, and a river that goes near by.

Farley joined the others in there trek toward their destination. "So where is everyone from? Maybe we can get to know each other more?"

15 hours ago, Hugo Fowl said:

Corvo beamed(or might have beneath the mask), his eyes crinkling upwards as he rummaged in his coat before pulling out with a flourish a wrapped selection of toast!

"....Wrong pocket. Sorry."

He fished out his badge, presenting it towards them as he spoke.

"Corvo of Ravenholde. Copper ranked Adventurer, Acolyte of the Healing Church." The badge would be returned and he extended a hand to shake.

"I woke up late and positively had to fly to get here in time! Thankfully it's a well-documented rest spot."

Farley was a bit taken aback by the newcomer's arrival. He hadn't expected another member to show up.

Corvo introduced himself and Farley went to shake his hand. "Nice to meet you. I'm Farley. And you're not late to anything, you got here when you needed to. That sleep must have been a good one, ha."

13 hours ago, Bergy_Berg said:

Cliff is going straight for the cookies.

"So Corvo," his voice is muffled by a mouthful of baked goods, spraying cookie back out. "I ain't know shit about the healing church. Care to explain? Oh, I'm Jumps-From-Cliffs by the way. Cliff for short."

"And as for out missing companion, never got that good a look at him. Very much stayed under his hood around me. Maybe Clara has a better idea, they had a little one-on-one at the pub that we weren't welcome to."

At the inn, Farley would also take a cookie.

"Yes, he did wear a hood so I couldn't say what he looked like either. Farley shrugged as he nibbled on the cookie.

17 minutes ago, SSJRuss said:

Farley joined the others in there trek toward their destination. "So where is everyone from? Maybe we can get to know each other more?"

"I-I suppose that would be a good idea, F-Farley." Clara responds, "It would give everyone time to rest up and tackle our current situation first thing in the morning. Sh-Shall I go first, or would someone else like to start?"

Just now, Confession FPT said:

“The headline of my resume is: ‘Subaquatic Sneaky Boi, Locanthe Lady Killer’. I am quite adept with stealth and not being seen. I also enjoy the diplomatic route over tussles, if these outlaw babe types are willing to speak with us, we should try that out. Ya know, try to be...friendly.” 

With a clear majority for his side of things, Corvo felt a flush of victory. Bar active sabotage now, they had an actual chance to help people as he nodded thanks to Muggy and Cliff.

Just now, SSJRuss said:

Farley was a bit taken aback by the newcomer's arrival. He hadn't expected another member to show up.

Corvo introduced himself and Farley went to shake his hand. "Nice to meet you. I'm Farley. And you're not late to anything, you got here when you needed to. That sleep must have been a good one, ha."

"More than you know." He said with another eye-smile. "I'm glad I was able to make it at least."

Just now, The Boob Tube said:

"I-I suppose that would be a good idea, F-Farley." Clara responds, "It would give everyone time to rest up and tackle our current situation first thing in the morning. Sh-Shall I go first, or would someone else like to start?"

He shrugged.

"You know where I'm from. Now that it's mentioned I would like to know more about you Clara." He paused and brushed his fingers on the hilt of his sword as he elaborated patiently.

"Also,I am curious how you and our companion here met." There was another beat as he added to Elbaine.

"You really should get that arm checked out."

13 hours ago, The Boob Tube said:

"All I...I did was introduce myself them and Elbine basically did all the talking. He was...quite brooding in a lot of ways and he gave me a dagger as some sort of pact." She pulls out the dagger to show everyone in the group. "It seems strange that someone would do that. I wonder why? Perhaps it is enchanted, maybe. I'll check!" The color within Clara's eyes change from blue to a yellow tone and a deep hollow hum can be heard around  the group as she uses detect magic on the dagger.

"Oh magic. That's neat."

Farley finding out that the cookies were oatmeal raisin didn't bother him. He still enjoyed them and thanked the maiden.

13 hours ago, Hugo Fowl said:

"Exactly! No man-or woman or other sort of race can stand alone. Even creatures in nature are social beings. My order simply recognizes it and seeks to encourage and cultivate it in people for good."

He leaned back in his seat as he added.

"It's why if possible, I'd rather not start with violence for the bandits. I've done some research on them. What strikes me is that many of them are victims of violence...From husband's, lovers. Such a violent direction towards men struck me as suspicious so I looked into it."

Farley agrees with Corvo. He would feel that the two had very similar ways of looking at life and approaching conflict. "Good point. I was thinking they needed our help more than anything. A fight would only make them more aggressive."

12 hours ago, Confession FPT said:

*Indisposed until Further Notice intensifies*

Farley would get a bit distracted from the group conversation. He was kind of in awe how Muggy just swooned that maiden. It made him think of love, and how he's never really known it. His people didn't mate until near the end of their lives, but he only ever understood it as a way to pass on what he knows to children.

For the briefest of moments, Farley was sad. But he let the emotion sit with him and it left as soon as it came. Farley finished his cookie then...

12 hours ago, Hugo Fowl said:

"Well, I had some help in organizing my thoughts." He replied modestly with a wave of his hand before adding. "Everyone has a reason after all for what they do. No matter how odd."

At the scream, Corvo would have already leaped up and ran out to help.

Farley would grab his cane and follow Corvo. It was in his nature to follow strange activity.

10 hours ago, Hugo Fowl said:

"Considering your plan prior ended up with you as you are, I'm not really inclined to go for any of the rest. Especially those that choose violence as the main objective." Corvo drawled as he rose up and approached the bar with a clink of his boots and belt.

"So what we are going to do is deal with these battered women fleeing from violence is NOT to do so with violence, but to address their problems and talk it out. Should they refuse to do so? Then perhaps we shall see but not before and certainly not from ME." He leaned on the bar as he added.

"Should you attempt otherwise, I will do my utmost to protect them. We have a chance to make things right for all. Ruining it for the sake of hurt feelings and poor choices is not the way."

"Corvo is right, Elbine." Farley would say to the group.

"Your approach was not in good nature and we must have good intentions when we go see them. We cannot burn down their camp, think of the lives lost. We should be thankful you are alive and well."

9 hours ago, Bergy_Berg said:

"Your peaceful solution sounds nice Corvo, though boring. I wouldn't mind testing my axe against whoever carved up poor little Elbine here. But if it completes the job and makes you feel all warm and fuzzy then I don't mind watching you folks talk. Is anyone carrying a copy of the bounty? If they're expecting heads on sticks then the peaceful solution doesn't work.

Also, absolutely against any plan that sends one person off to take care of everything themselves. We can see how that panned out already."

Farley would nod to that final line. "Yes, repeating the past would not be wise. Maybe we fight, but only if our lives are in danger."

10 minutes ago, Hugo Fowl said:

With a clear majority for his side of things, Corvo felt a flush of victory. Bar active sabotage now, they had an actual chance to help people as he nodded thanks to Muggy and Cliff.

"More than you know." He said with another eye-smile. "I'm glad I was able to make it at least."

He shrugged.

"You know where I'm from. Now that it's mentioned I would like to know more about you Clara." He paused and brushed his fingers on the hilt of his sword as he elaborated patiently.

"Also,I am curious how you and our companion here met." There was another beat as he added to Elbaine.

"You really should get that arm checked out."

"Oh well..." Calra replies as she uses her free hand to brush back some of her frayed hair that was tangling up the frame of her glasses. "There's not much to say about myself. I'm from Glenfell, born and raised, I never really ventured that far outside of my town because I had everything I needed at home but...it got really boring. So I dived into books about other heroes adventures and the history of this world at my local bookstore." She would go on to drag out three of her spell books on to the table. "Until, one day, I discovered these three unique books that were all about how to create magic. I got so heavily invested in reading these books that the shopkeeper gave me a discount for 3 for the price of one along with this." Clara would also pull out this red velvet pouch from her pocket. "I didn't understand it at first because, the next day, the bookstore that I bought these spell books from was closed. I guess maybe he had a going out of business sale that I wasn't aware of."

1 minute ago, The Boob Tube said:

"Oh well..." Calra replies as she uses her free hand to brush back some of her frayed hair that was tangling up the frame of her glasses. "There's not much to say about myself. I'm from Glenfell, born and raised, I never really ventured that far outside of my town because I had everything I needed at home but...it got really boring. So I dived into books about other heroes adventures and the history of this world at my local bookstore." She would go on to drag out three of her spell books on to the table. "Until, one day, I discovered these three unique books that were all about how to create magic. I got so heavily invested in reading these books that the shopkeeper gave me a discount for 3 for the price of one along with this." Clara would also pull out this red velvet pouch from her pocket. "I didn't understand it at first because, the next day, the bookstore that I bought these spell books from was closed. I guess maybe he had a going out of business sale that I wasn't aware of."

"Natural for you to be so equipped with magic. You were meant to have the books, it seems."

"As for myself, um. Well I guess I wish I had read more. Books sound so interesting but I've traveled my whole life so I hardly make the time. I'm not from anywhere special, my kind live a nomadic lifestyle and we love adventure. I'm sort of a monk, but I prefer not to use labels.

"I have a proposal about tomorrow, however. Might I try going in alone to the ladies' camp? I can't be identified by gender so easily and I don't have any weapons on me. I'm just a traveler and I could talk to them about the consequences of violent actions they take. I've done it before in my travels."

"Clara I will follow whatever it is you decides Thank you for patching me up Clara. This will do just fine."

"As for the rest of you guy There is nothing you need to know other than I am a simple cat that knows how to use a bow. I am here for my own selfish reasons, so I have nothing more to share with you at this time."

"I say we put it to a vote,

If you want to use your weapons say aye,

If you want to let our friend here attempt to swoon the ladies say nay.

And if you believe Clara should intercept just simply raise a mug in her honor.."

He turns to face Clara again, "well I'll wait for your call and vote however you see fit."

Ooc: my wound that keeps being mentioned was already patched up by Clara in a previous post.

Just now, SSJRuss said:

"Natural for you to be so equipped with magic. You were meant to have the books, it seems."

"As for myself, um. Well I guess I wish I had read more. Books sound so interesting but I've traveled my whole life so I hardly make the time. I'm not from anywhere special, my kind live a nomadic lifestyle and we love adventure. I'm sort of a monk, but I prefer not to use labels.

"I have a proposal about tomorrow, however. Might I try going in alone to the ladies' camp? I can't be identified by gender so easily and I don't have any weapons on me. I'm just a traveler and I could talk to them about the consequences of violent actions they take. I've done it before in my travels."

Corvo weighed the pros and cons in his mind, considering before he spoke.

"It's not a bad idea per se. I'd be more inclined for a figure of your armor to be better protected than our far more squishy Magi. As for you my felonious feline, I think we've already made it clear as a majority what we'd like to do. Everything else is details."

OOC: Actually she didn't. Because someone got up to the bar instead of remaining to be healed. All she did was give back the dagger and assist you to the bar. No actual surgery or healing related. Why else do you think I'm trying to get it checked out?

6 minutes ago, IKA said:

"Clara I will follow whatever it is you decides Thank you for patching me up Clara. This will do just fine."

"As for the rest of you guy There is nothing you need to know other than I am a simple cat that knows how to use a bow. I am here for my own selfish reasons, so I have nothing more to share with you at this time."

"I say we put it to a vote,

If you want to use your weapons say aye,

If you want to let our friend here attempt to swoon the ladies say nay.

And if you believe Clara should intercept just simply raise a mug in her honor.."

He turns to face Clara again, "well I'll wait for your call and vote however you see fit."

Ooc: my wound that keeps being mentioned was already patched up by Clara in a previous post.

"Well I suppose we co-could do a much more subtle approach if I am able to sneak in there and gather any information with little to no blood shed, that is"

Ooc: seems you're right. I was under the assumption she healed me at the bar after having read my note.

I think that's what was originally written, but now his post just says typo so I can't quote it.

@The Boob Tube I'll leave it up to you if I was healed or not since it was on your post that was changed.

Ah, it seems Clara is so adept with healing, she actually managed to clean, tend to, and wrap Elbine's wound while the rest of the party was occupied discussing how to proceed amongst themselves and the plan of attack.

Unbeknownst to the party, near the back of the inn by the fireplace, a gruffy voice called out.

"Aye, I overhear you mention the group of lady bandits westbound are ye?" The man cackled to himself, ominous and spooky like.

"I've crossed paths with them many times, and always have given them...a hand." With this, he extends his left arm, his hand missing from the wrist, instead replaced by a rusty hook.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, The Boob Tube said:

"Well I suppose we co-could do a much more subtle approach if I am able to sneak in there and gather any information with little to no blood shed, that is"

"Perhaps I accompany you, Ms. Clara? We could pose a united front of peace and compassion for these ladies. If they meet us with force, your magic should protect us."

24 minutes ago, OMFG said:

Ah, it seems Clara is so adept with healing, she actually managed to clean, tend to, and wrap Elbine's wound while the rest of the party was occupied discussing how to proceed amongst themselves and the plan of attack.

Unbeknownst to the party, near the back of the inn by the fireplace, a gruffy voice called out.

"Aye, I overhear you mention the group of lady bandits westbound are ye?" The man cackled to himself, ominous and spooky like.

"I've crossed paths with them many times, and always have given them...a hand." With this, he extends his left arm, his hand missing from the wrist, instead replaced by a rusty hook.

"Why did they do that to you?"