Pickle (Baki the Grappler): 2

Rumble 20566 Hippo vs. Rocksteady
MATCH SCORE
Hippo: 3
Rocksteady: 2

Tales of Belleterra, Adventurer's Guild - RP

OMFG

*Ding, dong, ding, dong* 

The clocktower rang, indicating it was now noon. Everyone is to report back to the main guild building.

Drondos was there, perched on his high chair going over some basic paperwork which they would be sure to have to go over. Mission details, requests from the commoners, orders from the Lord of Eastrun. It is never easy being a guild master.

He turns to face the group, his face, as always, blank.

"Welcome back Squadron C, I hope you've become familiar with one another! Before I continue, some news first."

He shifts his attention to Muggy, still slimy and wet.

"Muggy, the pub informs me that you owe them 10 coppers for all the water you drank, this time we will cover it, consider it a welcoming bonus, hehe." The old man sighed as he shook his head.

Next, to the mysterious Elbine.

"Now, you purposely left your sheet vague. If it wasn't for the lack of members, you wouldn't have been accepted, play nicely now. Also, stop stabbing tables with daggers, Jim is a nice fellow but doesn't like the property if the pub to be damaged."

"As for the rest of you, there has been a bounty set up. A local bandit group has taken up residency near Dimmere, which of you consult your maps, lies West of us. Investigate, and report what you find."

"It is a few days trip, but I'm sure you'll be able to make it just fine, good luck."

• Like 1

Elbine without saying word wanders towards the destination. 

Elbine how powerful Drondos is, curious case as not only is today the first time Elbine has found someone interesting, but now he has found two people on the same night.

Elbine can't help but feel sorry for them, for the people he usually finds interesting don't last very long.

The fishman thanked his employer for covering his tab, but that did not stop him from muttering his grievances under his breath, “10 Copper? I’ll never understand you ground-walkin’ types. I thought water was supposed to be free. Where I come from, water is as plentiful as the air you breath. Next time that bartender is underwater, I’ll charge him for bottled air, see how he likes that.” 

He then stopped his griping and asked, “Wait, which bandit group?”

OOC: He will ask follow up questions to see if that group is pirate like in nature or if they’ve had dealings by the shore where he used to reside. 

7 minutes ago, Confession FPT said:

The fishman thanked his employer for covering his tab, but that did not stop him from muttering his grievances under his breath, “10 Copper? I’ll never understand you ground-walkin’ types. I thought water was supposed to be free. Where I come from, water is as plentiful as the air you breath. Next time that bartender is underwater, I’ll charge him for bottled air, see how he likes that.” 

He then stopped his griping and asked, “Wait, which bandit group?”

"Well you see, my fish friend, here on land you exchange money for goods and services." Drondos explained.

"If you wanted free water, I suppose you can go to the lake, feel free to drink your fill hehe." The old man giggled at his joke, slapping his knee.

"I am glad you asked, I'd hate for one of you to walk away without knowing important details of the...oh see, like he just did." He said, gesturing towards Elbine. 

"They call themselves, 'The Maiden's Revenge', sounds dramatic, just a group of women who are beating up and robbing people trying to travel. We'd send the guards, but they've been rather occupied with the Lord's political deeds, never you mind that however."

He faced the rest of the group, "Any other important questions?"

4 minutes ago, Confession FPT said:

“Ladies, you say?” Muggy said to himself, trying to conceal a smile. 

Drondos studied his fishy initiate, this one will be difficult.

"Yes, majority female from what the report says." As he speaks, he pulls out this lunch. A piece of bread and a sausage.

"Do be careful, from what I hear, they don't take too kindly to men, fish or not." As to add emphasis to this, he quickly drove his knife down, and chopped off the tip of the sausage.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Elbine noticing none of the other guild members followed, uses the cat like agility to dash towards the destination as quickly as possible. What would take a normal man 3 days should only take Elbine a mere few hours to reach. 

2 minutes ago, IKA said:

Elbine noticing none of the other guild members followed, uses the cat like agility to dash towards the destination as quickly as possible. What would take a normal man 3 days should only take Elbine a mere few hours to reach. 

OOC: Only like...5 minutes passed you're not far away lmao

Ooc: Did Elbine just leave the group?

53 minutes ago, OMFG said:

*Ding, dong, ding, dong* 

The clocktower rang, indicating it was now noon. Everyone is to report back to the main guild building.

Drondos was there, perched on his high chair going over some basic paperwork which they would be sure to have to go over. Mission details, requests from the commoners, orders from the Lord of Eastrun. It is never easy being a guild master.

He turns to face the group, his face, as always, blank.

"Welcome back Squadron C, I hope you've become familiar with one another! Before I continue, some news first."

He shifts his attention to Muggy, still slimy and wet.

"Muggy, the pub informs me that you owe them 10 coppers for all the water you drank, this time we will cover it, consider it a welcoming bonus, hehe." The old man sighed as he shook his head.

Next, to the mysterious Elbine.

"Now, you purposely left your sheet vague. If it wasn't for the lack of members, you wouldn't have been accepted, play nicely now. Also, stop stabbing tables with daggers, Jim is a nice fellow but doesn't like the property if the pub to be damaged."

"As for the rest of you, there has been a bounty set up. A local bandit group has taken up residency near Dimmere, which of you consult your maps, lies West of us. Investigate, and report what you find."

"It is a few days trip, but I'm sure you'll be able to make it just fine, good luck."

"Thanks for the welcome. Happy to be here, but umm..."

"Anyway, nevermind, this is the way."

12 minutes ago, OMFG said:

Drondos studied his fishy initiate, this one will be difficult.

"Yes, majority female from what the report says." As he speaks, he pulls out this lunch. A piece of bread and a sausage.

"Do be careful, from what I hear, they don't take too kindly to men, fish or not." As to add emphasis to this, he quickly drove his knife down, and chopped off the tip of the sausage.

"Oh my. I hope they are more kindly toward each other. That sort of violence is uncalled for."

Farley gets up from his seat and stands waiting for everyone else to get ready to go.

"Please let Jim know I thank him for his hospitality."

Elbine reaching the camp finds a rock to hide behind, while using the enhanced vision of a cat, he notices only female bandits as well, though seemingly few in numbers as far as Elbine can see it may be best to be cautious. This might just be a test used to eliminate some of the unworthy members of the group.

Instead Elbine will wait until the moon shows its full face, that's when Elbine's abilities shine brightest. To stay cautious however Elbine pulls out a bow, only one arrow is in the quiver, though that is merely a deceptive tool as the quiver has many more arrows than appears.

8 minutes ago, SSJRuss said:

OOC: more like got a headstart not caring about the details. Elbine doesn't want others to see certain traits or abilities. There is only one person in this group he trusts as of this current moment. And as long as she is safe Elbine couldn't care less about what else happens.

Just now, IKA said:

OOC: more like got a headstart not caring about the details. Elbine doesn't want others to see certain traits or abilities. There is only one person in this group he trusts as of this current moment. And as long as she is safe Elbine couldn't care less about what else happens.

OOC: Well you're going to have to wait there for a bit then, the main group is still talking with Drondos

25 minutes ago, SSJRuss said:

"Thanks for the welcome. Happy to be here, but umm..."

"Anyway, nevermind, this is the way."

"Oh my. I hope they are more kindly toward each other. That sort of violence is uncalled for."

Farley gets up from his seat and stands waiting for everyone else to get ready to go.

"Please let Jim know I thank him for his hospitality."

Muggy’s eyes got wide at the Guild Master’s demonstration. He gulped. 

He turned to leave, patting his Tortle companion on the back of the shell, “It’s ok of it takes you a lil longer to get places frann, I can walk with you. I’m not super used to traveling on land, anyway. Plus, us coldbloods got to stick together.” 

Drondos nods, allowing his new squad to depart on their adventure. 

"As I said, it should take about 3 days to make it to the camp, make sure to consult your maps if you are lost.

The party departs Eastrun, all but Elbine who , thanks to his unimaginably bad luck managed to invoke the wrath of a God, he now finds himself on top of a tree, directly outside of the bandit camp. It is risky being alone by himself, and he will most likely have to lie in wait until the party nears 

The road to Dimmere is tranquil, and the party can now take the time to discuss matters amongst themselves as they make camp.

Elbine watches from a tree taking notes of all who enter or leave the camp. Very obvious now that the bandits are all female. 

OOC: On the path to the next place, my char will be taking any opportunity to go to a source of water and refresh himself. He can’t go more than four hours without getting some sort of taste or on the skin. Any time he takes a moment to splash water on his face, he surveys the area for threats. 

He was late on his first day of the job.

In his defense, he hadn't quite come to grips with the Adventuring Guild schedule yet and the loss of the Cloister Bells he had attuned his internal clock to in Ravenholde had played merry havoc with his sleeping schedule. But soon enough, he'd find the pub in question and burst through the doors like a charging ox.

In the utter silence, he'd freeze and folks would be free to examine him.

He was humanoid, though heavily covered up. A tricorne and face mask identified him as a member of the Healing Church, the sword at his hip within easy reach indicated familiarity as he moved around people, shuffling to the table. His eyes were warm, though tinged with a reptilian gold in the iris as he cleared his throat and spoke.

"Hello. My name is Corvo and I too am part of Group C.-"

He paused as the diner among the group pointed towards another table.

"...."

He nodded his thanks, did an about face and marched over as he gave a salute and spoke this time to the right people.

"Hello! I am Corvo of Ravenholde and part of Group C! I apologise for my tardiness!"

He bowed from the waist and rose up like a jack-in-the-box, an awkward pause ensuing before he finally gave up and took a seat.

"...So what did I miss?"

Ah, a new member joins the squad, however it seems he arrived at the wrong place!

It is now nighttime, and the party finds themselves inside a local pub, approximately half way between Eastrun and the bandits' camp.

The pub was fairly quiet, as it was located in a place to large to be called a homestead, but too small to be a village. Just a simple collection of houses, a clue of farms, and a river that goes near by.

9 minutes ago, Hugo Fowl said:

He was late on his first day of the job.

In his defense, he hadn't quite come to grips with the Adventuring Guild schedule yet and the loss of the Cloister Bells he had attuned his internal clock to in Ravenholde had played merry havoc with his sleeping schedule. But soon enough, he'd find the pub in question and burst through the doors like a charging ox.

In the utter silence, he'd freeze and folks would be free to examine him.

He was humanoid, though heavily covered up. A tricorne and face mask identified him as a member of the Healing Church, the sword at his hip within easy reach indicated familiarity as he moved around people, shuffling to the table. His eyes were warm, though tinged with a reptilian gold in the iris as he cleared his throat and spoke.

"Hello. My name is Corvo and I too am part of Group C.-"

He paused as the diner among the group pointed towards another table.

"...."

He nodded his thanks, did an about face and marched over as he gave a salute and spoke this time to the right people.

"Hello! I am Corvo of Ravenholde and part of Group C! I apologise for my tardiness!"

He bowed from the waist and rose up like a jack-in-the-box, an awkward pause ensuing before he finally gave up and took a seat.

"...So what did I miss?"

The new table also looked at the him, dumbfounded. 

Behind the bar, Jim, the owner called out.

"Hey, knucklehead! Drondos told me, if any of you adventuring folks came by to point you the right way. Drondos does like his naps."

Jim called Corvo over and explained the general direction that was given to him by Jim. This should allow him the able to catch up with the rest of the party.

Just now, OMFG said:

The new table also looked at the him, dumbfounded. 

Behind the bar, Jim, the owner called out.

"Hey, knucklehead! Drondos told me, if any of you adventuring folks came by to point you the right way. Drondos does like his naps."

Jim called Corvo over and explained the general direction that was given to him by Jim. This should allow him the able to catch up with the rest of the party.

Corvo screamed and turned, arms pumping as he fled the pub.

Looking back and forth, he seemed to weigh a choice in his mind before running the opposite way.

Better to go out of sight for this.

====

And that was why he would be resting outside of the halfway point pub on the map, looking out for unusual folks before calling out.

"Group C? I'm Corvo! Sorry I'm late!"

Elbine decides on a plan of action, jumping from the tree, Elbine turns tail and heads back towards the direction he came in the same pace that was use to get to the current location.

1 minute ago, IKA said:

Elbine decides on a plan of action, jumping from the tree, Elbine turns tail and heads back towards the direction he came in the same pace that was use to get to the current location.

However, as Elbine was teleported to the top of tree thanks to an art dirty, he actually had little to no idea where he actually was. 

All he could see for miles were mighty forests, trees stretching several feet high. 

Realizing the mistake, Elbine returned tonthe tree and looked for the rock the was initially used for cover and decided to again attempt to double back.