Pickle (Baki the Grappler): 2

Rumble 20566 Hippo vs. Rocksteady
MATCH SCORE
Hippo: 3
Rocksteady: 2

Tales of Belleterra, Adventurer's Guild - RP

OMFG

6 minutes ago, IKA said:

Realizing the mistake, Elbine returned tonthe tree and looked for the rock the was initially used for cover and decided to again attempt to double back.

The rock which had been used for cover is still there, The jumping around however, had made sound.

"Hey Big Bertha, you hearin all dat noise?" - A voice boomed over the wall of the bandits' camp.

"Well Marjoriena, I do so happen to hear quite the ruckus outside our camp. Might be a critter or something hoppin around, want me to take a look?" The other replies.

Silence, it seems the Big Bertha was not the thinker.

"Naw, I say leave it. If we hear anything else, we'll go look!" She exclaimed.

More silence, however the guards were on edge now, listening for more noise.

Elbine shoots an arrow as far as possible to hit something on the far side of the camp.  Elbine again attempts to double back towards the initial meeting place.

27 minutes ago, Hugo Fowl said:

Corvo screamed and turned, arms pumping as he fled the pub.

Looking back and forth, he seemed to weigh a choice in his mind before running the opposite way.

Better to go out of sight for this.

====

And that was why he would be resting outside of the halfway point pub on the map, looking out for unusual folks before calling out.

"Group C? I'm Corvo! Sorry I'm late!"

Muggy saw the man standing and calling their group’s name “Oh, hey guy, how you know us?” 

Just now, Confession FPT said:

Muggy saw the man standing and calling their group’s name “Oh, hey guy, how you know us?” 

Corvo beamed(or might have beneath the mask), his eyes crinkling upwards as he rummaged in his coat before pulling out with a flourish a wrapped selection of toast!

"....Wrong pocket. Sorry."

He fished out his badge, presenting it towards them as he spoke.

"Corvo of Ravenholde. Copper ranked Adventurer, Acolyte of the Healing Church." The badge would be returned and he extended a hand to shake.

"I woke up late and positively had to fly to get here in time! Thankfully it's a well-documented rest spot."

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, IKA said:

Elbine shoots an arrow as far as possible to hit something on the far side of the camp.  Elbine again attempts to double back towards the initial meeting place.

"Hey Big Bertha, tell me you did not just hear a thwang just now.." The voices from behind the wall spoke amongst themselves.

"Yknow what, Marjoriena, I do think I did hear that. If I didn't know any better, I would assume that some little critter in the outside of these here walls shot something at a tree to distract us!.

"Gosh Bertha, you might be mighty big, but you sure as heck ain't dumb!"

Again, as Elbine had been divinely teleported here, he did not know the way back. He could attempt to return, but risk getting lost.

Time and again Elbine will try and try to return to camp, luck isn't the best, but should be smart enough to figure out the way back eventually.

The risk of being caught doesn't matter to Elbine in the slightest, sure of the skills available no bandits would get anything from Elbine anyway. The only objective is to report back the findings as well as a plan of attack. 

1 hour ago, IKA said:

Time and again Elbine will try and try to return to camp, luck isn't the best, but should be smart enough to figure out the way back eventually.

The risk of being caught doesn't matter to Elbine in the slightest, sure of the skills available no bandits would get anything from Elbine anyway. The only objective is to report back the findings as well as a plan of attack. 

As he had no clue as to where he was, he accidentally ended up back in front of the bandits'camp. Essentially walking around in a giant circle. Despite being feline in nature, he was not careful and stepped in many twigs and piles of dead leaves.

*ENCOUNTER*

Out of the main doors of the bandit camp, the two female bandits which were overheard earlier came walking out, weapons drawn.

"You! Are you the dang ass who has been making all the ruckus!" The bigger one shouted. 

"It's time we teach you a lesson!"

The two bandits were standing 10 feet away from Elbine. Big Bertha was true to her name, measuring close to 6'2, and of a heavy build, in her hand she wielded a heavy 2-handed axe.

The second bandit, Marjoriena, was of average height and build, equipped with a short sword and a shield.

Elbine simply raises hands and surrenders.

"I was hoping you would hear me I figured you would kill me if I simply approaches your gate so I had to get your attention somehow. I bring you great news, if you wish to hear it you may, if not, strike me where I stand, but you may regret that action later." 

30 minutes ago, Hugo Fowl said:

Corvo beamed(or might have beneath the mask), his eyes crinkling upwards as he rummaged in his coat before pulling out with a flourish a wrapped selection of toast!

"....Wrong pocket. Sorry."

He fished out his badge, presenting it towards them as he spoke.

"Corvo of Ravenholde. Copper ranked Adventurer, Acolyte of the Healing Church." The badge would be returned and he extended a hand to shake.

"I woke up late and positively had to fly to get here in time! Thankfully it's a well-documented rest spot."

“Big name. Welcome to the team, friend-o. I’m Muggy. Since you beat us here, have you seen hide or hair of our quarry?” 

5 minutes ago, IKA said:

Elbine simply raises hands and surrenders.

"I was hoping you would hear me I figured you would kill me if I simply approaches your gate so I had to get your attention somehow. I bring you great news, if you wish to hear it you may, if not, strike me where I stand, but you may regret that action later." 

Despite his convincing words, his lack of Charisma hurt him while trying to negotiate with the bandits. This combined with the fact that they hate men, resulted in his attempt to persuade failing against the bandits.

"WE DON'T LIKE MEN TELLING US WHAT TO DO!" Shouted Big Bertha, she covered the distance between Elbine and herself quickly, and struck out.

Agility played into Eldine's favor, as he managed to move out the way of the big impact, yet she connected.

The other bandit ran inside the sound the alarm.

“Big name. Welcome to the team, friend-o. I’m Muggy. Since you beat us here, have you seen hide or hair of our quarry?” 

Corvo shook his hand and gave that eye-smile again.

"Unfortunately I had no idea there was one more. Still, chin up!"

Just now, OMFG said:

Despite his convincing words, his lack of Charisma hurt him while trying to negotiate with the bandits. This combined with the fact that they hate men, resulted in his attempt to persuade failing against the bandits.

"WE DON'T LIKE MEN TELLING US WHAT TO DO!" Shouted Big Bertha, she covered the distance between Elbine and herself quickly, and struck out.

Agility played into Eldine's favor, as he managed to move out the way of the big impact, yet she connected.

The other bandit ran inside the sound the alarm.

"-I'm sure he's fine and rushing to catch up to us like me!"

"That is a mighty swing you have there. Before you take another move, let me prove to you I mean no harm."

Elbine using the uninjured arm removes a dagger much like the one previously given to Clara before. And throws it to the floor.

"That dagger is quite priceless you see, only two of them exist in the entire world. Now before you go to inspect it do know it is extremely poisonous, so don't try to grab it with your bare hands only an elite warrior would be able to hold it without dying."

"The other thing I would like to mention is..." 

Elbine points to the quiver.

"As you can see I only have one arrow, would I come here to attack you with only one arrow left and throw my dagger to the floor?"

Feel free to inspect me if you wish for any other weapons, in fact I would prefer if you did inspect me." 

"I'm not trying to give you any orders, believe it or not I actually quite admire your actions, in fact I have a special secret jist for you guys, a major haul is headed your way, and there is just one piece of it I would like to keep."

"Humor me for a moment would you, if you are not convinced I'll let you hold me prisoner no strings attached." 

17 minutes ago, IKA said:

"That is a mighty swing you have there. Before you take another move, let me prove to you I mean no harm."

Elbine using the uninjured arm removes a dagger much like the one previously given to Clara before. And throws it to the floor.

"That dagger is quite priceless you see, only two of them exist in the entire world. Now before you go to inspect it do know it is extremely poisonous, so don't try to grab it with your bare hands only an elite warrior would be able to hold it without dying."

"The other thing I would like to mention is..." 

Elbine points to the quiver.

"As you can see I only have one arrow, would I come here to attack you with only one arrow left and throw my dagger to the floor?"

Feel free to inspect me if you wish for any other weapons, in fact I would prefer if you did inspect me." 

"I'm not trying to give you any orders, believe it or not I actually quite admire your actions, in fact I have a special secret jist for you guys, a major haul is headed your way, and there is just one piece of it I would like to keep."

"Humor me for a moment would you, if you are not convinced I'll let you hold me prisoner no strings attached." 

Again, despite the kind words, he was not charismatic enough to influence the decision of Big Bertha. She was set on killing all men, destroy the patriarchy!

"Stop mansplaining!" Bertha yelled out, again running towards him.

He got lucky this time however, as his agility was enough to dodge the blue completely.

"Bertha, we're here! Get him!!!" The rest of the bandit group had arrived.

Encounter

Now, the number of bandits has greatly increased! There are 15 bandits, all armed with simple weapons. Of average sizes and weights, some equipped with long range weapons as well.

They rushed out the front gate, prepared to attack.

Outnumbered 15 to 1, the odds were not in his favor.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Confession FPT said:

While the party was discussing, an attractive tavern wench stepped out of the back, enamored with the sexy fish.

"Hey there handsome, these are on the house!"

She handed the party a fresh plate of cookies.

"Well since my kind words aren't enough to persuade you, maybe this might be enough to prove my worth. Maybe this will work."

Elbine removes the robes that cover the shrouded body. 

"Well I have nothing more to hide, so now, may we talk? I don't expect it to be a one on one talk, you can have as many of you looking at me as you wish."

OOC: I’m trying to assess if my character is as skeptical of the cookies as I am...

"Free cookies for you sexy fish, and all your friends here." The wench said with a wink.

A half dwarf, she was rather short but Thicc in all the right places.

"We don't get many.... Exotic travelers around here." She explained.

1 minute ago, IKA said:

I do my best to dip and dodge making no attempt to attack back.

Finally, something he has an advantage over.

His agility allowed him to dodge most blows, but he is still whacked around by the bandit members.

Elbine is now bloody, but now he has the opportunity to escape...if he wants to.

Just now, OMFG said:

"Free cookies for you sexy fish, and all your friends here." The wench said with a wink.

A half dwarf, she was rather short but Thicc in all the right places.

"We don't get many.... Exotic travelers around here." She explained.

"I don't suppose you saw any other travelers come through? They-." He paused, looking to the others on confusion.

"What did our missing member look like?"

As they looked at the cookies, Corvo would pat the hilt of his sword in seeming reassurance, looking at the notes he obtained on the identified bandits and their crimes.

Ooc: I guess my character is now at the inn, so I'll start there.

Clara makes her way over the the local inn, with the rest of the group, as she finds a place to rest her books and orders a meal. She has been relatively quiet as she lets the rest of the boys do all of the talking until she rejoins her new team. "H-Hey guys, sorry if it took me a little  bit longer to get here. Qhat did I miss?

Cliff is going straight for the cookies.

"So Corvo," his voice is muffled by a mouthful of baked goods, spraying cookie back out. "I ain't know shit about the healing church. Care to explain? Oh, I'm Jumps-From-Cliffs by the way. Cliff for short."

"And as for out missing companion, never got that good a look at him. Very much stayed under his hood around me. Maybe Clara has a better idea, they had a little one-on-one at the pub that we weren't welcome to."

2 minutes ago, Bergy_Berg said:

"And as for out missing companion, never got that good a look at him. Very much stayed under his hood around me. Maybe Clara has a better idea, they had a little one-on-one at the pub that we weren't welcome to."

"All I...I did was introduce myself them and Elbine basically did all the talking. He was...quite brooding in a lot of ways and he gave me a dagger as some sort of pact." She pulls out the dagger to show everyone in the group. "It seems strange that someone would do that. I wonder why? Perhaps it is enchanted, maybe. I'll check!" The color within Clara's eyes change from blue to a yellow tone and a deep hollow hum can be heard around  the group as she uses detect magic on the dagger.