Archangel vs. Gambit
MATCH SCORE
Archangel: 1
Gambit: 4

Tales of Belleterra, Adventurer's Guild - RP

OMFG

t5O5jXl.jpg

Eastrun

The city of Eastrun, the second largest city of the Criothan nation. 

It is in this bustling little town where you shall begin your journey. As a initiate of the Adventure's Guild, you will explore the world and figure out what is causing the unrest of the nation.

You have just filled out your required paperwork for the guild, and have been sent out while your paperwork processes.

There are plenty of exciting places to visit while at Eastrun, here you will meet the rest of your party. You have been appointed in the Squad C.

You will face many perils on your quests, so make sure that you are properly introduced to the fellow members of your squad.

You find yourself in, or around the general area of the Burnt Queen Pub, one of the nicer places to drink I'm the city, located near the end of river and the first main bridge.

Cliff grabs a stiff drink and some hot food at the pub, taking a seat with whoever else in Squad C feels like sharing a meal and getting to know each other.

"So I'm Cliff. Jumps-From-Cliffs. I hit things real good with my axe. I like a good fight," he motions to a couple scars on his shoulders and arms. "Excited to see the world. What about you folks?"

Clara is a little reserved and when she speaks it is quite soft spoken as she is clearly quite nervous and surrounded by so many strangers. "H-Hi there, Cliff. My name is C-Clara from Glenfell. I am here because I heard magic was returning back to the land and wanted to see how much of it is out there." Clara notices the large pint in front of her, but decides to push it away while holding her spell books close to her chest.

While the introductions are being made, the big catfish man at their table, Muggy, was downing him 12th glass of water. The bar-maiden passed by their table and he got her attention, “Could I get some more water, please? Maybe in a bucket?” She gave the fish man an odd look. Water was running down his shiny face, down to his chest clad in leather armor. He noticed the look of mild disgust on her face and decided to give her a wink. He then noticed everyone else in the party looking at him. He had been too distracted to notice it was him turn to introduce himself. 
“Oh, hey, I’m Muggy...and, uh, I’m thirsty.” At that moment the barmaid came back with the mop bucket and Muggy happily took it, dumping the entirety of liquid into his giant mouth. He was satisfied for a mere moment, but then put the bucket back in the wench’s arms, “More please?” 

Elbine simply walks behind Clara, making no interactions at all. 

Making it obvious that Clara is the only person that seems to interest this shadowy figure.

ooc: Elbine hasn't said anything yet.

Elbine takes a quick look at Cliff, "I am not her shadow, and your thoughts are none of my concern."

Elbine turns back to looking at Clara when you are looking to have a conversation with someone more on your level, I'm sure you'll know how to find me.

Elbine turns his back to everyone else and moves to a dark corner of the pub. Anyone who approaches Elbine will get an uneasy feeling the Elbine is up to no good.

38 minutes ago, IKA said:

ooc: Elbine hasn't said anything yet.

Ooc: My bad, already forgot who was who. LoL

For some reason, Clara's curiosity seems to be immediately drawn to Elbine's mysteriousness. As she adjusts her glasses and pulls out of her chair, the young woman excuses herself and heads towards Elbine's table. At first, Clara was a little frightened by his appearance, but takes a deep breath and sits across from him as she places her spell books onto the table. "Hello there, my name is Clara. I hope y-you don't mind me sitting here. It just seems like out of everyone here, you seem to the only person that is taking this Adventure's Guild thing seriously. Which is a good thing, if you ask me. The serious ones, like us, get to live longer than anyone else in here."

"I see... You seem to be mistaken." I'm not intending to take this adventure seriously at all, to be frank, the only reason I've targeted you so early on is because..."

Ooc: The Boob Tube and OMFG I am going to send you both the message I am going to say so you may tell me if this breaks any of the rules.

"It is for that reason that as of this moment, you are the only one I find to be a threat to what I wish to achieve."

Elbine stabs an elven dagger into the table,

"so I ask now, are you able to keep my secret or must I make the games begin earlier than expected? As long as you can keep your word to keep my secret I will not harm you in any way, as of now you are the only one of use to me now anyway."

9 hours ago, Bergy_Berg said:

Cliff takes out his water skin, dumping it onto his new fishy companion. "Anything besides thirst going on with you?"

Muggy was oblivious to the potential confrontation occurring in the corner. 

“Well jeeze, thanks for the offer, frann!”

He takes the water pouch and drinks it in a careful, way, as to not have any of it touch the sides of his mouth. 

“I apologize for my irresistible thirst, I have to take advantage of the free flowing water while I have the chance. If I go too long without it, I become a less agreeable guy.”

7 hours ago, IKA said:

"I see... You seem to be mistaken." I'm not intending to take this adventure seriously at all, to be frank, the only reason I've targeted you so early on is because..."

Ooc: The Boob Tube and OMFG I am going to send you both the message I am going to say so you may tell me if this breaks any of the rules.

"It is for that reason that as of this moment, you are the only one I find to be a threat to what I wish to achieve."

Elbine stabs an elven dagger into the table,

"so I ask now, are you able to keep my secret or must I make the games begin earlier than expected? As long as you can keep your word to keep my secret I will not harm you in any way, as of now you are the only one of use to me now anyway."

As Clara leans in to hear of Elbine's secret, and seeing Elbine thrusting an elven dagger into the table, Clara quickly jumps back with shock as her heart races. "I...I don't know what you mean by me being a threat to you. I'm just a simple bookkeeper who wants to explore the world with others. If you wanted me to keep a secret, you could have simply asked. There is no need for brash threats towards fellow teammates." Clara then sweeps back some of her slightly frayed hair back over her head after her sudden shock.

"Not a threat at all, rather a pact among pacts." If it was meant as a threat I'd have simply killed you without an making such an offer. Also as I said you are the only one here of any use to me, so why would I threaten you? Sorry you must understand my aggressive nature after what you just heard. I was merely offering you the dagger should you accept my request  a way to keep you safe even when I can't see you. You see?"

"Just ignore the blood coursing through the handle, it's my blood and it will harm you in no way."

Ooc: Description of dagger A sharp stainless silver metal tipped blade with a golden handle covered in ornate vine shaped decoration. At the bottom of each leaf and through the stems and blood red color appears to be giving life to the plants on the dagger itself. The red fluid inside the dagger is infact blood from Elbine's very body.

8 hours ago, Confession FPT said:

“I apologize for my irresistible thirst, I have to take advantage of the free flowing water while I have the chance. If I go too long without it, I become a less agreeable guy.”

"There's a perfectly good river right outside, perhaps we could even do some fishing. Unless the local trout are friends of yours."

“It’s an interesting moral dilemma isn’t it? At what point do you make the cut off of what you’ll eat and what you don’t eat? Like, do humans eat monkeys? Do you eat smaller cats? When do you draw the line? I have eaten small, savage fish before, but I don’t personally eat catfish. They look too much like me. I’ll nibble on a wild fish if I need too, but I do feel slightly guilty. So I stick to bottom feeding mostly.”

He looked over to a kitchen wench who was bending over a neighboring table to deposit a drink. 

“If you know what I mean,” he punctuated his sentence with a sip from the borrowed waterskin. 

• Haha 1

"Please do excuse me, it's not often I find someone interesting. I wasn't quite sure how to get your attention."

Elbine can't help but overhear Muggy's speech. 

"Please do try to enjoy your time, if you wish to speak more I'm sure you'll be able to find me."

Elbine walks over to Muggy. 

"If you ask me. There is no moral dilemma. If it is prey, if it is edible, eat it. As far as I'm concerned it's life is forfeit so what comes after is of no consequence."

Elbine proceeds to leave the pub and lean against the building directly across the way. 

A clicking sound of a cane comes from the staircase, as Farley, the 4'11", straw hat wearing tortle eases his way down into the main floor of the pub.

Farley sees everyone in his new group, Squad C, have already arrived at the pub and are making friendly.

"How wonderful," he thought to himself.

"Hiya!" Farley speaks to the group as he slowly makes his way to one of the tables to sit down. "Guess I'ma little late, huh? Apologies. I volunteered my services here yesterday and was just cleaning up. How is everyone?"

Farley gives them a wide smile but gasps after his pause. "Oh right. Sorry. My name's Farley. I'm with Squad C, too."