Ken Masters: 4

Guardian (Marvel Comics) vs. Captain Britain
MATCH SCORE
Guardian (Marvel Comics): 0
Captain Britain: 4

Tales of Belleterra, Adventurer's Guild - RP

OMFG

Just now, OMFG said:

Ah, it seems Clara is so adept with healing, she actually managed to clean, tend to, and wrap Elbine's wound while the rest of the party was occupied discussing how to proceed amongst themselves and the plan of attack.

Unbeknownst to the party, near the back of the inn by the fireplace, a gruffy voice called out.

"Aye, I overhear you mention the group of lady bandits westbound are ye?" The man cackled to himself, ominous and spooky like.

"I've crossed paths with them many times, and always have given them...a hand." With this, he extends his left arm, his hand missing from the wrist, instead replaced by a rusty hook.

Corvo saw the hook and immediately did a little wave of his hand, the rust and filth falling away to make it nice,clean and gleaming as he spoke.

"That looked unhygienic. Yes we are. Who are you and what's your involvement in this?"

Just now, IKA said:

"Because he's not a she."

"You got off lucky. Imagine if you'd have been slower?" Corvo pointed out before chuckling.

"Too bad you're not a girl, otherwise they might have treated you more kindly and we'd have come to have seen you having finished everything up."

Elbine for the first time smiles. 

"It seems your feeble mine finally understands, this is a woman's game."

Elbine looks at the Turtle, "if they can't tell your gender, they'll assume you a male so unless you intend to be in someones soup today, I suggest you just let Clara in" 

"As I said before, I am the one they are pissed at and are on alert because of me, so I want you to let Clara take me as a hostage, don't worry my claws are perfect for picking locks so they can't hold me long and I have vowed that I will not let anything happen to Clara." 

He turns to the rest

"If you wish a peaceful solution this is the only way about it. Otherwise they'll be butchered because you think you can swoon women who have full hatred for men." And should that happen I'll be the first to fire my arrow, the moment I sense any ill will towards Clara all of their lives are forfeit." 

30 minutes ago, IKA said:

Elbine for the first time smiles. 

Elbine looks at the Turtle, "if they can't tell your gender, they'll assume you a male so unless you intend to be in someones soup today, I suggest you just let Clara in" 

"As I said before, I am the one they are pissed at and are on alert because of me, so I want you to let Clara take me as a hostage, don't worry my claws are perfect for picking locks so they can't hold me long and I have vowed that I will not let anything happen to Clara." 

He turns to the rest

"If you wish a peaceful solution this is the only way about it. Otherwise they'll be butchered because you think you can swoon women who have full hatred for men." And should that happen I'll be the first to fire my arrow, the moment I sense any ill will towards Clara all of their lives are forfeit." 

Farley listens to what Elbine has to say and thinks for a moment.

"I.. hmm. I understand our ways differ. Such is the way in a new group. We kind of need to learn how the other thinks and feels so we can enjoy our adventure. If Clara is comfortable with the task, then there is nothing I can do."

"Maybe one of us can report to Drondos on what we've found out about the bounty?"

51 minutes ago, IKA said:

Cliff rolls his eyes at the statement. "Incredible how someone who wandered off and nearly died alone, after accomplishing nothing, has the gall to say someone else is feeble minded. Tell me, did you take lessons in being an insufferable prick, or does it come naturally? Be a shame if your only natural talents are alienating others and passing out in the street."

• Haha 2

"My running off had nothing to do with the mind, all I intended to do was scout and comeback with a full set of numbers, all of which I did. My scars are only here because I chose not to kill them the first time, the second time I have no intention of allowing them to injure me. In fact,  Elbine walks over to Cliff and places a hand on his shoulder, I want you to injure me so they believe Clara was the one that caught me.

Just due try not to kill me would you. 

My intelligence is not the issue, but I will say I'm not the most lucky cat so this will be advantageous to us all. "

What do you say, want to give me a good punch? You feeble minded pooch?

18 minutes ago, Confession FPT said:

OOC: How did you communicate with him? 

I was under the assumption he was with us, I was wrong. Disregard the comment.

Corvo, a normally polite soul rolled his eyes and sighed out. Aloud, he finally spoke.

"Cliff. It's not sporting to engage in a battle of wits with someone unarmed. As for this...Plan, I could write entire libraries for just how stupid it is since apparently subtlety is lost here. First of all-irregardless of how you approached them, the end result is that you tried to kill their leader and were sent packing. So your glorious idea is to weaken yourself, walk up to their gates with the squishiest member of our group, and hope they don't recognize you from earlier. And even better! To hope that they don't associate our wizard with you, and HOPE they talk to her and not just pepper you both with arrows where you stand. Add in your obvious and unhidden wish to kill them all and I frankly, would rather entrust a rabid bull in your place in matters of negotiations. By the powers that be, this is beyond wishful thinking and segues into delusion."

He paused for breath and sighed out.

"And that's all I have for the first step of your 'plan'. Cliff is right. It's best you be backup and not be seen by them. You've blown whatever chance you might have with your actions and that's the whole of it."

Cliff brushes Elbine's hand away. "No, I won't be doing that."

He listens intently to Corvo, nodding along. Adressing Corvo, "Thank you for being a voice of reason."

"And just wow Elbine, there's so much wrong with everything you say. No person who 'chooses' not to kill their enemies comes back half-dead, that usually means they either chose not to kill you or you had to run. I have major doubts you could stop them from injuring you the second time.

"Also, you think me roughing you up will fool these bandits? That you'll wander back in with Clara, who weighs about 7 stone soaking wet, expecting them to believe that you've been both healed and then beaten down to be captured? I'm not the brainiest of sorts, but that would not fool me, and I doubt this group has 15 people below my level of stupidity."

Just now, Bergy_Berg said:

He listens intently to Corvo, nodding along. Adressing Corvo, "Thank you for being a voice of reason."

He nodded back in reply, understanding between two Men of thought and deed summing pretty much all there was to say.

Just now, The Boob Tube said:

"Okay," Clara responds as she take a deep breath. "Yeah, I-I'll sneak in, b-but I might need to have some sort of cover story when they ask questions about me. What should I say to these ladies?"

"You're not sneaking in." Corvo replied as he added. "I will be blunt, Farley and I are the best to enter. Farley's shell will protect him long enough should things go south for the rest of us to come in. And I..." He hesitated before he finally confessed.

"...I can fly. I am also as I said trained in negotiations which is a major boon here."

"Alright I'll explain once more, try to keep up with me this time would you?"

When I first met two of their guards at the front gate, I tried to speak with them, I'm fast enough I could have torn out their throats if I had wished, but instead I tried to hand myself over."

Elbine points at the injury on his left shoulder

"This was their first attempt to kill me, I was able to move from any real damage, but again I tried reason, and again they chose to attack"

Elbine points to the patches gash on his forearm ripping the bandages off now that the bleeding has stopped.

"This was their second attempt to kill me, and to be honest, I let them move in on me hoping they would realize I had not hostility towards them. I barley managed to escape with my arm, it was then I managed to shoot an arrow back their way to be fair I was pissed." 

So yes, when I return I want them to see that they wounded me, and I want Clara to hand me over. Clara will be inside, but at least she wont be alone. 

If she can talk them down no further action is necessary, but should she fail, I will make sure the alarm sounds and that will be your opportunity to strike."

"Simply put, they are on high alert and as long as I am out here, they'll be on high alert. and if you are a male, you have no chance of making it past that gate."

Elbine reaches behind the bar and grabs the bow and quiver that only has one arrow in it.

"So be it, you may be an idiot, but if they attack you I'll put an arrow between their eyes." 

Elbine turns towards Clara and gives her back the dagger, "you should stick with me, It'll be the only way to I can ensure your survival once they screw this up."

10 minutes ago, Hugo Fowl said:

He nodded back in reply, understanding between two Men of thought and deed summing pretty much all there was to say.

"You're not sneaking in." Corvo replied as he added. "I will be blunt, Farley and I are the best to enter. Farley's shell will protect him long enough should things go south for the rest of us to come in. And I..." He hesitated before he finally confessed.

"...I can fly. I am also as I said trained in negotiations which is a major boon here."

"Oh my, you can fly? I must say I suspected as much but I didn't want to be rude. Anyway, I do agree with you. We could present ourselves as local faiths or something..."

3 minutes ago, Confession FPT said:

“We do need to decide. Everyone has adequately represented their sides. I think it’s time to vote.”

"Aye. In the name of compassion, I vote we send a passive envoy. If not myself, Corvo or Ms. Clara."

Just now, SSJRuss said:

"Oh my, you can fly? I must say I suspected as much but I didn't want to be rude. Anyway, I do agree with you. We could present ourselves as local faiths or something..."

"Aye. In the name of compassion, I vote we send a passive envoy. If not myself, Corvo or Ms. Clara."

Corvo nodded.

It was a gift that came in handy, such as when you needed to catch up with party members on the road. How he could do it was still up in the air, as Corvo remarked in Muggys observation and Farleys vote.

"I vote for the peaceful solution as well. I and Farley at most. Clara I feel would be better reigning in our Tabaxi companion here and Cliff?" Corvo looked briefly pained as he asked.

"Would you consent to watching over those two? I feel between you and Clara, enough common sense should be in place should anything go wrong. Muggy?"

He looked to him and asked.

"Just how stealthy are you?"

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, IKA said:

Elbine reaches behind the bar and grabs the bow and quiver that only has one arrow in it.

"So be it, you may be an idiot, but if they attack you I'll put an arrow between their eyes." 

Elbine turns towards Clara and gives her back the dagger, "you should stick with me, It'll be the only way to I can ensure your survival once they screw this up."

"O-okay," Clara replies as she takes the dagger back, "we'll go with your idea which makes a lot more sense."

46 minutes ago, Hugo Fowl said:

Corvo nodded.

It was a gift that came in handy, such as when you needed to catch up with party members on the road. How he could do it was still up in the air, as Corvo remarked in Muggys observation and Farleys vote.

"I vote for the peaceful solution as well. I and Farley at most. Clara I feel would be better reigning in our Tabaxi companion here and Cliff?" Corvo looked briefly pained as he asked.

"Would you consent to watching over those two? I feel between you and Clara, enough common sense should be in place should anything go wrong. Muggy?"

He looked to him and asked.

"Just how stealthy are you?"

“On a scale from 1-20, I’m about a 7. I know that sounds low, on that same scale, you’re a 10...wait, so you may be sneakier than me...”

Just now, The Boob Tube said:

"O-okay," Clara replies as she takes the dagger back, "we'll go with your idea which makes a lot more sense."

"Could you clarify please? The one which has the negotiators trained in such to do so, or the one that sends you in the path with an identified foe which I and others have explained is a bad idea in everyway possible?" Corvo asked deadpan.

Just now, IKA said:

"So it seems the vote is to send Clara in, I'll only allow it if I'm with her. No exceptions."

"Case in point." He said dryly. Also, how exactly did anyone get from the peaceful idea to send Clara in? Just...No. Corvo consoled himself with the fact there were some here who thought about the implications and he turned to Muggy.

Just now, Confession FPT said:

“On a scale from 1-20, I’m about a 7. I know that sounds low, on that same scale, you’re a 10...wait, so you may be sneakier than me...”

In a more kinder and less put upon tone he spoke.

"That won't matter so much. We need a lookout to alert and possibly, to set something on fire if need be. If negotiations fall through, our first step would be to remove their shelter and supplies. Hopefully it will NOT come to that."