Steve (Minecraft): 2
Jackson Storm: 0

Archangel vs. Gambit
MATCH SCORE
Archangel: 1
Gambit: 4

Um ... what's new?

Been a while, fellow, um ... Ferreters. ^_^

Trying to upgrade this old site is a nightmare, man.  

I took a week off work thinking I could get it done.  It's just been pain every step of the way. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, FoxFingers said:

Trying to upgrade this old site is a nightmare, man.  

I took a week off work thinking I could get it done.  It's just been pain every step of the way. 

Thank you for what you've been doing so far, Fox. It means a lot to the guys.

Also, if there's anything we can do to help you in some way, don't hesitate to let us know.

3 hours ago, DSkillz said:

Been a while, fellow, um ... Ferreters. ^_^

D!   Its good to see you again. How'd you find out?

Email works now, too.  For folks who need to use the Forgot old password option.

Of course if your email has changed from back in the day, that kind of presents a problem.

28 minutes ago, The Technomancer of Nesh said:

So uh, how does match creation work now?

I'm guessing it's gonna work the same or similar with how simple it is, don't fix what ain't broken and all. Though I can see if he want's to improve or change the way things go, so we'll see if anything changes.

6 minutes ago, Magnamax said:

Jeez, buy him a drink first!

I appreciate what's been done, but I figure the best way to celebrate is to get back into the swing of things.

10 minutes ago, The Technomancer of Nesh said:

I appreciate what's been done, but I figure the best way to celebrate is to get back into the swing of things.

Yeah, it's all broken at the moment.  This is a real archeological dig on an ancient website.

I have to figure out how to integrate the CBUB and FPL back in with this shiny new forum.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FoxFingers said:

Yeah, it's all broken at the moment.  This is a real archeological dig on an ancient website.

I have to figure out how to integrate the CBUB and FPL back in with this shiny new forum.

Understood.  I've gone this long without the stuff, what's a bit longer?

8 minutes ago, The Technomancer of Nesh said:

Understood.  I've gone this long without the stuff, what's a bit longer?

Heh, unrelated, but you should get yourself a new avatar Nesh.

4 minutes ago, Z451 said:

Heh, unrelated, but you should get yourself a new avatar Nesh.

Thankfully I kept the old one.

Speaking of avatars, some time has passed and I have been using another name throughout the interwebs since the shutdown of EF. Is there a way to change my name here? You know, have a fresh start?

2 hours ago, ScrewAttackFan25 said:

Speaking of avatars, some time has passed and I have been using another name throughout the interwebs since the shutdown of EF. Is there a way to change my name here? You know, have a fresh start?

Probably, once the site is more put together. 

3 hours ago, Magnamax said:

What prompted the site getting back up and running? If you don't mind me asking

Some people had written asking about it.  So I figured... ah, what the hell.  Why not.

That said want to try and keep the focus here on the battles.  This old site is coming back into a very different world.  This is a place to do some creative writing and talk about those topics.  Not politics or the state of the world.  There's a whole Internet out there to talk about that stuff.  This site is for a very unique, but very narrow band of discussion.

Hey @Magnamax could you update your email to your current one in your user settings please?  I'm getting bounced email errors from folks trying to direct message you.  Thanks!  

So, after much investigation I can see I am going to have to re-write a bunch of this code for the modern day.

I was asked once why I couldn't just give the CBUB / FPL away for somebody else to take over. 

This cannot be given away.  It is a black hole of undocumented code - a time suck with no compensation requiring skills that are uncommon.  The people who have those skills have better things to do with their time.  I wrote this and I'm having a hard time following it after all these years. 

I cannot open the board for new registrations as it will start creating a split in the data I can't deal with yet.  Previous members can log on though.

TL;DR:  this is going to take a while. 

4 hours ago, FoxFingers said:

That said want to try and keep the focus here on the battles.  This old site is coming back into a very different world.  This is a place to do some creative writing and talk about those topics.  Not politics or the state of the world.  There's a whole Internet out there to talk about that stuff.  This site is for a very unique, but very narrow band of discussion.

Hell yeah.

Will we have the FPL back too?