Hollow vs. X-23
MATCH SCORE
Hollow: 2
X-23: 5

Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

2:1 - The Flash (Bart Allen) vs. Sandman (Marvel)

SEASON 2, ROUND 1

The Flash (Bart Allen)

5388.jpg

Slot: The Team Anchor

Season Wins: 0

Season Losses: 0

Fantasy Team Page

Read more about The Flash (Bart Allen) at Wikipedia

Official Site: DC comics

Sandman (Marvel)

961.jpg

Slot: The Team Anchor

Season Wins: 0

Season Losses: 0

Fantasy Team Page

Read more about Sandman (Marvel) at Wikipedia

Official Site: Marvel Entertainment

Battle Terrain

Open Desert

large.grid_desert.jpg

Hahaha! Terrain: Open Desert.

I thought this was an easy win for Flash but given the fight's in the desert, Sandman gets my vote. 

That is pretty funny.  Advantage Sandman for sure.

Guest bigballerju

LOL Sandman got lucky here. Flash has no way in this location to put down Sandman. Sandman wins.

Sandman wins ONLY because of terrain.  What luck!

Guest Omega11

I think Flash is being vastly underestimated here.

Here are a few of the many ways Flash could win:

1. Create enough friction to turn the entire desert into glass(including Sandman).

2. Steal Sandman's speed rendering him a living statue.

3. Corkscrew deep underground until he reaches the water table, which he can then use for any number of effects.

4. Blow away all of the sand in the desert.

5. Knockout Sandman before he can turn into sand(I'm not extremely familiar with the character but DC comics database says that he can convert his body into sand, not that it is permanently made of sand but that could be in error).

5. Knockout Sandman before he can turn into sand(I'm not extremely familiar with the character but DC comics database says that he can convert his body into sand, not that it is permanently made of sand but that could be in error).

Well, I think a big mistake you made there was going off of DC comics database when we have a marvel character in play.

Secondly, you listed a lot of powers that depend on the version of the Flash. More powerful versions, like a Flash that can beat the hell out of the entire JLU or something, need to be discarded in favor of a version that fits the slot Flash is in here. I believe speed stealing like what you described was mentioned before the matches actually started.

Guest Omega11

Well, I think a big mistake you made there was going off of DC comics database when we have a marvel character in play.

Secondly, you listed a lot of powers that depend on the version of the Flash. More powerful versions, like a Flash that can beat the hell out of the entire JLU or something, need to be discarded in favor of a version that fits the slot Flash is in here. I believe speed stealing like what you described was mentioned before the matches actually started.

1. Well I meant to say Marvel comics database, my bad. :blush:

2. I'm simply assuming it's pre-Flashpoint Wally West with no P.I.S. If there were any power restrictions agreed upon elsewhere I was unaware of them.

Guest bigballerju

When has Flash ever just blown the entire sand in a desert away? When has he turned all of it to glass? Sandman's entire body is sand. In  a desert Sandman could be everywhere. Oh and digging deep for water is a huge mistake since you don't know how far down the water is. He could end up giving Sandman a advantage and have Sandman bury him with massive amounts of sand,

Guest Omega11

1. When has Flash ever needed to do those things?

2. They are all perfectly within his capabilities.

3. It doesn't really matter if the water is 3 or 300 feet down, Flash can get to it before Sandman has a chance to do much more than realize he's in a fight.

4. How is Sandman going to do anything at all to Flash who is operating at-or-near lightspeed?

Guest bigballerju

Bart Allen doesn't start out running at near light speed for one. Two do you know how much sand is in a desert? Don't just tell me Flash could turn the entire desert into glass or blow it away without proof. If Flash digs down their is nothing to stop Sandman from filling his lungs with sand. Also how much water you think Flash will get deep down there? You have proof he can get enough out for a entire desert?

Guest Omega11

Some of you guys don't seem to fully grasp what Flash is capable of once you take away the P.I.S. factor.

Sandman will not be able to touch Bart...like at all. If Flash is serious Sandman will never even be able to see him. His speed and reflexes are far too high.

One or two infinite mass punches and suddenly the desert is a crater.

Flash could whip up a could of tornadoes to stop Sandman from being able to form anything solid.

There are soooo many ways for Flash to win this once you sit down and think about it.

On 6/13/2013 at 8:14 PM, Pseudonym said:

Flash isn't doing any Infinite Mass Punches. He's the Team Anchor, not the oh Shit Button.

Exactly. Bart in this fight won't be anywhere near light speed and won't be able to use most of his best powers.

If he was in the oh shit slot, then anything goes. Infinite mass punches, speed stealing, and all manner of crap would be acceptable. But here, anchor against anchor, Wally gets beat.

Guest Omega11

As I said: I was assuming an unrestricted Wally since he was approved, if there are limits placed on him then things might change.

However he doesn't need the infinite mass punch to win; he can get the same result through other means.