X-23: 5

Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

The Mythological Greek Pantheon vs the Z Fighters

Nesh

Here's my view on DBZ Speed:

In the begining of Dragon Ball Z, Goku's brother, Raditz, shows up on Earth.

raditz.jpg

Raditz is in a cult, which prevents him from cutting his hair.

Anyways, Raditz lands in the middle of nowhere and despite looking just like a regular human (except for his monkey tail), some farmer shoots him for being an alien. Raditz catches the bullet and flicks it back, killing said farmer.

Later on, a bunch of stuff happens, and Goku gets stronger. Somewhere in the Cell Saga (a time when teenagers were androids, men were men, and toilet paper was leaves), it is assumed Goku gets pretty fast, definetly in the speed of sound catagory.

Finally, after being forced to write more stories for several years, Akira Toriyama finally escapes from the forced writing camps where he was kept. The last DBZ arc airs (Buu Saga) and all is well.

In an interview, Akira tells that:

Note: Link to Article: http://www.projectfanboy.com/vb/glossary.p...lossary&c=9

And that, my friends, is my two cents on DBZ speed.

Also, I hope Ivan shows up...

I believe there was a thread on the old CBUB about how word of God wasn't always canon. Besides lightspeed is still more than enough to take the gods.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, that's how it usually works and that was my intent.

Not actually, When your fighting gods there is usually a rather great distance. Also what is stopping them from casting the Z-Fighters out of Olympus and don't say speed please be realistic.

Not actually, When your fighting gods there is usually a rather great distance. Also what is stopping them from casting the Z-Fighters out of Olympus and don't say speed please be realistic.

Official Author's ruling that's what. They are on olympus within sight of eachother and they will slug it out on olympus, as per poster's intent.

EDIT: I just noticed this. You removed transmutation and Aphrodite? Two clear methods to victory for the Olympians? Hmm... B)

When in doubt, change the rules.

Ironically, this is VERY in-character for both Mythology and DBZ. Gods don't play by their own rules, and DBZ makes up new rules when the plot dictates.

When in doubt, change the rules.

Ironically, this is VERY in-character for both Mythology and DBZ. Gods don't play by their own rules, and DBZ makes up new rules when the plot dictates.

Aphrodite has been out since post 1 and I'm simply trying to ficilitate a real fight.

Just pointing out that it'd be VERY in-character for Aphrodite to just pop up and say "Oh Hai Guyz Letz ORGY." It'd also be VERY in-character for Goku to suddently go Super-Trojan-Warrior-Level-Omega or something else vaguely Greek-themed.

Both sides "cheat," so I don't see anyone getting any sort of upperhand. The fight's a wash, then they all get down with a Dionysis buffet.

Just pointing out that it'd be VERY in-character for Aphrodite to just pop up and say "Oh Hai Guyz Letz ORGY." It'd also be VERY in-character for Goku to suddently go Super-Trojan-Warrior-Level-Omega or something else vaguely Greek-themed.

Both sides "cheat," so I don't see anyone getting any sort of upperhand. The fight's a wash, then they all get down with a Dionysis buffet.

Oh, sorry.

Ahem...fight goes like this:

DBZ gang shows up to fight the gods. The typical gods (Zeus, Ares, Athena, etc) move in to fight. They fight. Suddenly, the DBZ warriors realize they can't fly. No problem. They fight on the ground with all there laser ki attack thingys. Suddenly, they tire...unable to breath. Next, they begin to get extremely sleepy. The gods who were losing start to pound them with everything they got. The DBZ fighters are exhausted and gasping for air. Suddenly one drops, then another and another and another. They all die.

Finally, a darkness lifts from a far corner. Out steps...Erebus God of darkness and shadow. Within his shadowy corner hid...Aether God of the upper air who stole the DBZ fighters breath, Hypnos God of sleep who caused the fighters lethargy and last, Thanatos God/demon of death and mortality who pretty much stole their lives. Oh and to top it off, Psyche Goddess of the Soul steals their souls and puts them in a jar so they don't go causing anymore trouble later.

Ahem...fight goes like this:

DBZ gang shows up to fight the gods. The typical gods (Zeus, Ares, Athena, etc) move in to fight. They fight. Suddenly, the DBZ warriors realize they can't fly. No problem. They fight on the ground with all there laser ki attack thingys. Suddenly, the tire...unable to breath. Next, they begin to get extremely sleepy. The gods who were losing start to pound them with everything they got. The DBZ fighters are exhausted and gasping for air. Suddenly one drops, then another and another and another. They all die.

Finally, a darkness lifts from a far corner. Out steps...Erebus God of darkness and shadow. Within his shadowy corner hid...Aether God of the upper air who stole the DBZ fighters breath, Hypnos God of sleep who caused the fighters lethargy and last, Thanatos God/demon of death and mortality who pretty much stole their lives. Oh and to top it off, Psyche Goddess of the Soul steals their souls and puts them in a jar so they don't go causing anymore trouble later.

This only the gods with thrones on olympus minus Aphrodite fighting for the gods no one else.

Guest catnips47
Here's my view on DBZ Speed:

In the begining of Dragon Ball Z, Goku's brother, Raditz, shows up on Earth.

raditz.jpg

Raditz is in a cult, which prevents him from cutting his hair.

Anyways, Raditz lands in the middle of nowhere and despite looking just like a regular human (except for his monkey tail), some farmer shoots him for being an alien. Raditz catches the bullet and flicks it back, killing said farmer.

Later on, a bunch of stuff happens, and Goku gets stronger. Somewhere in the Cell Saga (a time when teenagers were androids, men were men, and toilet paper was leaves), it is assumed Goku gets pretty fast, definetly in the speed of sound catagory.

Finally, after being forced to write more stories for several years, Akira Toriyama finally escapes from the forced writing camps where he was kept. The last DBZ arc airs (Buu Saga) and all is well.

In an interview, Akira tells that:

Note: Link to Article: http://www.projectfanboy.com/vb/glossary.p...lossary&c=9

And that, my friends, is my two cents on DBZ speed.

Also, I hope Ivan shows up...

I clicked on it.........

First, the big bold red writing stating it's unknown if this interview is true or not

Secondly, Akira is also including dragonball - hence the ''RUNNING'' at high speeds.....

Guest catnips47
Your first example (with lightning) takes place in Dragonball.

Heck, even if you don't take that example, look at any other episode in Dragonball. How in the world did the Moon get blown up so many times without any ill effects?! And that happened in the DBZ Universe...

How is this relevant ? Do YOU know what would happen if the moon blew up, or would just guess based on all the theories lingering over the internet.

Because one I found was that there would be very little effect aside from a change in some of the tides times and distances, resulting in some minor coastal changes. The same theory stated that nocturnal creatures would have to evolve, as they rely on the moon to know when to hunt.

What happened to the wolf man in dragonball. He became stuck as a wolf.

How is this relevant ? Do YOU know what would happen if the moon blew up, or would just guess based on all the theories lingering over the internet.

Because one I found was that there would be very little effect aside from a change in some of the tides times and distances, resulting in some minor coastal changes. The same theory stated that nocturnal creatures would have to evolve, as they rely on the moon to know when to hunt.

What happened to the wolf man in dragonball. He became stuck as a wolf.

Are you really implying that nothing bad would happen if someone blew up the Moon?

WTF.

Are you really implying that nothing bad would happen if someone blew up the Moon?

WTF.

How about I bring some major scientific problems with Marvel, an Earth that supposedly follows the same laws as ours. You take things a bit to seriously.

Guest DataSnake
How about I bring some major scientific problems with Marvel, an Earth that supposedly follows the same laws as ours. You take things a bit to seriously.

Easy. How about when Hulk pulls tectonic plates together. Logically, he should just pull handfuls off of them, since they are made of rock, not adamantium. Or the time Hulk lifts a mountain, same principle. I have more examples, but you get the idea.

Easy. How about when Hulk pulls tectonic plates together. Logically, he should just pull handfuls off of them, since they are made of rock, not adamantium. Or the time Hulk lifts a mountain, same principle. I have more examples, but you get the idea.

The Tectonic thing was on Skaar, a different world.

But you can't compare Marvel and DBZ. Apples to Oranges.

For example, on Marvel Earth, regular humans roam the world, there are seven continents, Obama is President of the USA, there's a New York City, Los Angeles, etc, and things tend to follow our own Universe.

On DBZ Earth, aliens, talking pigs, and flying cats roam the Earth along humans, the geography is completely different from our own Earth, West City, Hercule City, etc, and things are just completely different from our own Earth.

Really, it's mindblowing to assume such things...

There shouldn't be A Hulk, he caught in a Gamma Bomb explosion. The FF would've died of cosmic radiation cancer, not gotten superpowers. There Shouldn't be a Spiderman. Since when does one recessive human genes give hundreds of superpowers? No X-Men. Magic was disproven by scientific laws long ago. If Marvel followed the logical laws of biology and physics the Skrull would be ruling Earth because any civilization smart enough to make and FTL spaceship would've super advanced weapons that would wreck human militaries. The only one I can buy are Captain America (to an extent) and Iron Man. That's if you apply real world logic.

There shouldn't be A Hulk, he caught in a Gamma Bomb explosion. The FF would've died of cosmic radiation cancer, not gotten superpowers. There Shouldn't be a Spiderman. Since when does one recessive human genes give hundreds of superpowers? No X-Men. Magic was disproven by scientific laws long ago. If Marvel followed the logical laws of biology and physics the Skrull would be ruling Earth because any civilization smart enough to make and FTL spaceship would've super advanced weapons that would wreck human militaries. The only one I can buy are Captain America (to an extent) and Iron Man. That's if you apply real world logic.

I can't buy any of the Z-Fighters.

For pete's sake, there are f#*Â¥ing Dinosaurs all over the place!

dinoChase.gif

I can't buy any of the Z-Fighters.

For pete's sake, there are f#*Â¥ing Dinosaurs all over the place!

dinoChase.gif

I'm just saying you're one to talk, when there are just as many flaws in your fandom and you apply regular laws. At least I haven't resorted to cursing.

EDIT: sorry the Punshier, Kraven and Mysterio pass too.

Guest DataSnake

Obviously, DBZ doesn't take place on our earth. That doesn't mean things like the speed of light, the composition of the atmosphere, the force of gravity, and so forth would be any different. An alternate timeline does not imply different laws of physics.

Obviously, DBZ doesn't take place on our earth. That doesn't mean things like the speed of light, the composition of the atmosphere, the force of gravity, and so forth would be any different.

In fact they'd have to be the same to support life.

I refuse to get into DBZ discussions but this has just gone from a DBZ argument to a "Does-not-fit-the-observed-data" argument.

In fact they'd have to be the same to support life.

Incorrect. In fact, using the information available from the series, everything from the coefficient of friction to the criteria for standard deviation in evolution operates differently in the DBZ universe. The President of the World is a dog. Acquired Heredity actually exists. Conservation of Mass doesn't. Power sources inexplicably affect local gravity. THE PRESIDENT OF THE WORLD IS A DOG.

Don't tell me that world is the same as ours. Also, the Greek Gods exist outside of time, so the Z characters can literally move billions of times faster than the speed of light and it still wouldn't matter. You just set up a fistfight between twelve twinked-out karate fighters and twelve people who can manipulate causality, and you're arguing AGAINST the group who aren't bound by the laws of cause and effect? Oh, one more thing...

THE PRESIDENT: An elected Leader.

OF THE WORLD: Meaning there is a single global government.

IS A DOG: As in the animal.

Guest KevinDWolf93
If you have to turn them into something else you obviously can't beat them in a real fight that's why it's cowardly and Athena won't even get a chance to raise her shield, the gods get *fake word*ed to heck.

So you made this fight knowing that the gods had no chance in a straight fight? And you are calling their main form of fighting(or lack therof) void...

Obviously, DBZ doesn't take place on our earth. That doesn't mean things like the speed of light, the composition of the atmosphere, the force of gravity, and so forth would be any different. An alternate timeline does not imply different laws of physics.

Extremly incorrect, The Z-Fighters fight at supposed FTL speeds. Now maybe it's just me but I assime they have a greater mass and density then light and air as well, So everyone on planet earth should be dead by there movement alone.

Guest catnips47
I refuse to get into DBZ discussions but this has just gone from a DBZ argument to a "Does-not-fit-the-observed-data" argument.

Incorrect. In fact, using the information available from the series, everything from the coefficient of friction to the criteria for standard deviation in evolution operates differently in the DBZ universe. The President of the World is a dog. Acquired Heredity actually exists. Conservation of Mass doesn't. Power sources inexplicably affect local gravity. THE PRESIDENT OF THE WORLD IS A DOG.

Don't tell me that world is the same as ours. Also, the Greek Gods exist outside of time, so the Z characters can literally move billions of times faster than the speed of light and it still wouldn't matter. You just set up a fistfight between twelve twinked-out karate fighters and twelve people who can manipulate causality, and you're arguing AGAINST the group who aren't bound by the laws of cause and effect? Oh, one more thing...

THE PRESIDENT: An elected Leader.

OF THE WORLD: Meaning there is a single global government.

IS A DOG: As in the animal.

Someone was bitten as a child...............