X-23: 5

Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

The Mythological Greek Pantheon vs the Z Fighters

Nesh

Guest catnips47
Are you really implying that nothing bad would happen if someone blew up the Moon?

WTF.

Are you implying something bad WOULD happen ?

Prove it.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest catnips47
Extremly incorrect, The Z-Fighters fight at supposed FTL speeds. Now maybe it's just me but I assime they have a greater mass and density then light and air as well, So everyone on planet earth should be dead by there movement alone.

That's like saying everyone who has come within 12 yards of hulk should be dead as they would have been heavily infected by high doses of radiation oozing out of him.

Guest DataSnake
Incorrect. In fact, using the information available from the series, everything from the coefficient of friction to the criteria for standard deviation in evolution operates differently in the DBZ universe. The President of the World is a dog. Acquired Heredity actually exists. Conservation of Mass doesn't. Power sources inexplicably affect local gravity. THE PRESIDENT OF THE WORLD IS A DOG.
As opposed to the Marvel universe, in which a major source of political friction is the presence of superpowered mutants (all of whom experience very different effects from the exact same gene) and the killer robots designed to go after them, radiation causes superpowers instead of cancer, shapeshifting aliens have invaded multiple times, there was a civil war over whether or not the government could control superheroes, and there is a country under the governance of a disfigured mad scientist/sorcerer who wears a metal suit and answers to "Doctor Doom".

The point here is, obviously physics are not EXACTLY the same in fictional universes as in the real one, but the elements that are not shown to be different must be assumed to be the same in order for any meaningful crossover debate to take place. The coefficient of friction and the laws of genetics can be shown to be different in DBZ. The speed at which electricity is conducted cannot.

Also, the Greek Gods exist outside of time, so the Z characters can literally move billions of times faster than the speed of light and it still wouldn't matter. You just set up a fistfight between twelve twinked-out karate fighters and twelve people who can manipulate causality, and you're arguing AGAINST the group who aren't bound by the laws of cause and effect?
There is no evidence for the Greek gods existing outside of time, or being immune to the laws of cause and effect. In fact, if they were, many of their little squabbles would never have happened.

That's like saying everyone who has come within 12 yards of hulk should be dead as they would have been heavily infected by high doses of radiation oozing out of him.

Do you have a scan that proves the amount of radiation emitting out of Hulk is lethal? if so please show it.

Guest catnips47
Do you have a scan that proves the amount of radiation emitting out of Hulk is lethal? if so please show it.

Hulk is nothing but gamma radiation forced into a human vessel.

His blood, his skin, his tissue is nothing but pure gamma rays.

This means that anyone who has come into contact with his skin, i.e almost everyone in the marvel universe should be infected.

Gamma rays have the shortest wavelength of all waves in the electromagnetic spectrum, and therefore are capable of penetrating to a sub-atomic level, therefore easily able to pass through the skin. It is possible to prevent penetration with large quantities of lead ,1cm of lead reduces an small amount of radiation by 50%. But hulk isn't 'a small amount' is he?

The average human recieves roughly 0.36 centiseiverts per year. 100 centiseiverts will cause hairloss, blood loss, blood change, haemorrhageing and death .By comparison 1Sv(centiseiverrt) is 1kg/joule. How much does hulk way, and how much energy does he put out ?

And thats before he goes world breaker and starts emmiting actual gamma rays.

So unless hulk wears a crap load of led or depleted uranium....which he doesn't, everyone around him should have died long ago.

Wow. So much to quote... So little time...

*cracks knuckles*

Are you implying something bad WOULD happen ?

Prove it.

I'll need a couple years to finish my DOOM RAY . After that, I will aim it at the Moon, and we'll all find out.

But seriously, WTF.

It boggles my mind that anyone would think the Moon could be destroyed without any side effects. Just sheer common sense should tell you that the Moon fragments would crash on Earth, maybe even destroying all life on it. Heck, is that problem ever even discussed?

Plus, science has stated that our location from the Sun is perfect for any sort of life, and any change could alter it. Now, if the Moon was destroyed, odds are that the Earth would spin out of control. Heck, just a sudden change and we'll all freeze/burn up.

Plus, that little lack of tide would mean global extinction for hundreds of fish and other animals. Without them, the entire food chain would simply roll over and die. We would all be doomed! DOOMED!

Y'know, I can't believe I had to write this.

THE PRESIDENT: An elected Leader.

OF THE WORLD: Meaning there is a single global government.

IS A DOG: As in the animal.

Ivan, I can't think of a single reason why you shouldn't be an Admin. Someone get this man an award.

Ivanbomb

So true.

Marvel is silly too.

That does nothing in this fight. There's no Marvel character here.

At least I haven't resorted to swearing.

I apologize.

As for the Hulk thing, a lot of his human foes/sidekicks have actually aquired radiation poisoning and/or cancer.

As for heroes, most of them are already radiated/affected by something, so I doubt the Hulk could hurt them even more.

Still, none of this is helping your debate...

Guest catnips47
Wow. So much to quote... So little time...

*cracks knuckles*

I'll need a couple years to finish my DOOM RAY . After that, I will aim it at the Moon, and we'll all find out.

But seriously, WTF.

It boggles my mind that anyone would think the Moon could be destroyed without any side effects. Just sheer common sense should tell you that the Moon fragments would crash on Earth, maybe even destroying all life on it. Heck, is that problem ever even discussed?

Plus, science has stated that our location from the Sun is perfect for any sort of life, and any change could alter it. Now, if the Moon was destroyed, odds are that the Earth would spin out of control. Heck, just a sudden change and we'll all freeze/burn up.

Plus, that little lack of tide would mean global extinction for hundreds of fish and other animals. Without them, the entire food chain would simply roll over and die. We would all be doomed! DOOMED!

Y'know, I can't believe I had to write this.

So........to sum up, nothing but speculation.

As for the Hulk thing, a lot of his human foes/sidekicks have actually aquired radiation poisoning and/or cancer.

As for heroes, most of them are already radiated/affected by something, so I doubt the Hulk could hurt them even more.

They are trying to use this is a way to use their math feats.

Guest catnips47

And how many have died compared to how many should have (that should be all of them)

Most........but not all. And you clearly don't realise how potent gamma radiation is.

So........to sum up, nothing but speculation.

The moon is a signifigant gravitational force of earth also a magnetic force as well. It also affects the atmosphere and affects earth in various diffrent ways as well all very important. to say that not having a moon is icredibly ridiculous. It's the same as saying we can survive with out a north pole or and atmosphere.

Guest catnips47
The moon is a signifigant gravitational force of earth also a magnetic force as well. It also affects the atmosphere and affects earth in various diffrent ways as well all very important. to say that not having a moon is icredibly ridiculous. It's the same as saying we can survive with out a north pole or and atmosphere.

No....it isn't, at all.

And again, you can't prove it.

I think it's a bit pathetic for you to try and use real physics and various other scientific relation to try and argue, when you clearly only 'pick and choose' what you read, hence the whole 'WAAA - They're trying to do that math stuff they do - WAAAA!!'

HYPOCRISY - Thy name be ZRETH !

Zreth said, "They are trying to use this is a way to use their math feats."

That's utter madness. Anyways, I'll fight fire with common sense.

And how many have died compared to how many should have (that should be all of them)

Most........but not all. And you clearly don't realise how potent gamma radiation is.

And you have yet to prove that the Hulk emmits enough radiation to harm a human. These few examples have been from people who have spent years with Hulk.

As opposed to the Marvel universe, in which a major source of political friction is the presence of superpowered mutants

Yep. Everyone knows mutations are impossible...

radiation causes superpowers instead of cancer,

Point taken.

shapeshifting aliens have invaded multiple times,

Yep. They're lucky they weren't invaded by humanoid looking aliens who turn into giant monkeys under a full moon.

there was a civil war over whether or not the government could control superheroes, and there is a country under the governance of a disfigured mad scientist/sorcerer who wears a metal suit and answers to "Doctor Doom".

The Civil War? Please, in our own world, Texas almost seceded over taxes. Plus, that whole arc made so much sense politically it boggles my mind some parts were written by Irish writers.

As for Doom, it sure beats having a city named after a goofy martial artist who some how convinced the entire world that a climatic battle (with several witnesses) in which the Earth was almost destroyed was just special effects. Also, the President is a dog (And not like Bill Clinton).

*comedic drums*

No....it isn't, at all.

And again, you can't prove it.

I think it's a bit pathetic for you to try and use real physics and various other scientific relation to try and argue, when you clearly only 'pick and choose' what you read, hence the whole 'WAAA - They're trying to do that math stuff they do - WAAAA!!'

HYPOCRISY - Thy name be ZRETH !

GL, u gonna let him say that to u.......

'WAAA - WAAAA!!'

This is all I hear.

But seriously, WTF.

I can no longer sleep at night knowing that there are people who think the Moon could be destroyed without any side effects. Just answer this questions:

If the Moon was blown up, where would its remains fall?

If you can logically answer it, I'll leave you (and this debate) alone.

I'm surprised you haven't 'intervened yet'

would u like me to intervene...?

or should i go about looking at u and Marvel discuss what happens if the moon gets destroyed.....

Catnips, that's enough. Marvel Man and Zreth have made good points, so have we. However, this is becoming a flame war with you help. Someone get and Admin lock/delete this before it gets worse.

@ Marvel Man: about mutations, I only have this to say:

The X-Men are all created by one singular gene being wonky. Never mind that genes create proteins, and there is no flight enzyme... *twitches* Marvel fails biology forever. (Yes, I know Oozaru and Super Saiyan are biologically impossible as well.)

This is all I hear.

But seriously, WTF.

I can no longer sleep at night knowing that there are people who think the Moon could be destroyed without any side effects. Just answer this questions:

They would fall to Earth due to gravitational pull but meteor damage would depend on how big said remains were as the may have burned up in the atmosphere. That is if there were any all, from the looks of the Moon destruction scenes it may have been atonomized.

Guest catnips47
And you have yet to prove that the Hulk emmits enough radiation to harm a human. These few examples have been from people who have spent years with Hulk.

Yep. They're lucky they weren't invaded by humanoid looking aliens who turn into giant monkeys under a full moon.

The Civil War? Please, in our own world, Texas almost seceded over taxes. Plus, that whole arc made so much sense politically it boggles my mind some parts were written by Irish writers.

As for Doom, it sure beats having a city named after a goofy martial artist who some how convinced the entire world that a climatic battle (with several witnesses) in which the Earth was almost destroyed was just special effects. Also, the President is a dog (And not like Bill Clinton).

*comedic drums*

Your called 'marvel man' presumably a 'marvel fan' yet you don't seem to realise that hulk is walking gamma radiation, 640kg of it.

I agree with your monkey comment,as very few people would have been strong enough to stop them

Several witnesses - I assume you mean the 5 who could have been very easily payed off.

He was actually the king of the world. That kicks the shit out of being a president.

Guest catnips47
This is all I hear.

But seriously, WTF.

I agree, that MUST be what you hear, all the time, as you ignore everything.

50/50

Just shut up catnips, all I've figured out from your posts is that you have ten feet and they all fit in your mouth.

Guest catnips47
Just shut up catnips, all I've figured out from your posts is that you have ten feet and they all fit in your mouth.

That's a coincidence, coz I'm really good at footie, maybe that's why