X-23: 5

Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

The Mythological Greek Pantheon vs the Z Fighters

Nesh

Is the King Kai in this fight?

Oh, nevermind. That would help the Z-Fighters, so yeah, he's in this fight... B)

No King Kai is not in this fight. The only argument you have transmutation and heck the Z fighter *fake word* before that. The Gods can't die but that all the advantage they have they decide to fight

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No King Kai is not in this fight. The only argument you have transmutation and heck the Z fighter *fake word* before that. The Gods can't die but that all the advantage they have they decide to fight

What? How does speed block transmutation?

Besides what about Apollo's prophecy?

Or Aphrodite's power over love?

Etc.

Still, I already stated all this in the link...

Etc.

I've answered it all here and there. Look closely at both.

Etc.

Let me explain this to you anyway.

1. Aphrodite is NOT in this match.

2. In order to transmute something you need to focus, you try focusing while getting *fake word*ed to the Styx and back.

3. Apollo's prophecy vs Z fight speed is like you vs a machine gun at close range. You know the bullets are coming but you can't block or stop them.

Guest DataSnake

Etc.

Aphrodite's power works on any man. The only men in the group are Krillin, Yamcha, and Tien (who may or may not count, being a mutant). Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo, and Mr. Buu are aliens. Gohan, Goten, and Trunks are hybrids. 18, Videl, and Pan are female. Uub, being 10 years old, is too young to be considered a man. Even if you count aliens as "men", saiyans are resistant to mind control, and Nameks and whatever Buu is are asexual.

Apollo's prophecy will tell the Olympians they are about to get pounded, but there still wouldn't be anything they can do about it.

Transmutation requires a thought. The Z fighters could land several hundred punches before the Olympians could even think the word "tree", let alone turn anybody into one.

Anyway, let's talk strength and speed. Speedwise, both Olympus and the entrance underworld are located in Greece, which is 940 km across, and it took Hermes a bit over one second (the time it takes to eat a bite of fruit) to get from Olympus to Hades, giving him a speed of 940,000 m/s. If we round up, and triple it for good measure, that puts him at less than 1% of the speed of light. By contrast, Freeza moved at a minimum of well above 10c, and everyone in this fight is much faster than him.

That's right, the slowest Z fighters are still far more than 1,000 times as fast as the fastest Olympian.

Full calcs here.

EDIT: Looks like Nesh already covered most of this. That's what happens when you take a break for dinner mid-post, I guess.

Strength-wise, Prometheus (a titan) was unable to escape from being chained to a boulder. Goku smashed boulders into gravel in his fight with Freeza.

Try this calcs:

Ok to start, lets look at episode 127 of dragonball, episode name "quicker than lightning" http://www.watch-dragonball.com/watch/127-...pisode_127.html

In this episode, goku, as the episode suggests, dodges lightning. Lightning has at its fastest been recorded at half the speed of light, HALF!

The speed of light is 299792.458 km/s... so half is 149896.229 km/s

In this saga which is the 22nd tenkaichi Gokus' power level is 265, so Goku was able to dodge lightning at 265

265(pl) = 149896.229 km/s

Now if we flash to the frieza saga, the last ever officially recorded power level is friezas' second form... 1,000,000

So 1,000,000 / 265 = 3773.5849056604 (to three points I think would be better)

So at this level of only a mere one million, speeds of

149896.229 km/s times 3773.584 ( as this is the multiple of the original dodge speed)

Can be reached, which is

565646011.414 km/s which is already 1886.792 times the speed of light.

So 1,000,000(pl) = 1886.792 times the speed of light.

If you want me to go further.

I'd just take estimates that come closest to dbz wiki http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Power_levels

As their maths seem pretty sound.

..................STRENGTH FEAT...................

Ok I'd say that 200 lb is a nice ball park figure for Gokus' weight, as average weight is much lower, but taking into account that he is much larger and packed with condensed muscle, 200 lb will suffice.

Combined with his training gear, typically 110 pounds (this is not mentioning his dumb bells used) makes his weight at earth's gravity 310 pounds, but on his way to namek when training under 100 times gravity, his weight at least is 31,000 pounds.

At this point we can calculate his power at the very highest is stated as 90,000 (http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Power_levels)

Lifting 31,000 lb = 90,000

At 1,000,000 = goku is able to lift 341000 lb

Goku vs freiza before any transformation is stated as 3 million so at the very least is three times as strong as the example, = 1,032,300 lb (3,000,000 / 90,000 = 33.3)

As a super sayian = 51,615,000 lb (1,032,300 X 50)

As s SSJ2 = 2,580,750,000 lb (51,615,000 X 50)

As a SSJ3 = 193,556,250,000 lb (2,580,750,000 X 75)

This is at bare minimum base level!

.....................PUNCHING POWER FEAT.....................

So normally according to newtons law, the physics is simply mass times velocity...

But as that applies to a free floating body is clearly does not count in this circumstance, as that equation is the equivalent of goku jumping at you and then punching... not quite what a punch looks like.

So here you have to factor is technique and strength (pushing power coming from the legs, twisting of the trunk, back, shoulder and arms punching out). But as there is no way of calculating the power of technique and as the technique directly corresponds to how the user issues his strength, we shall use a direct strength ratio.

So here we have gokus minimum strength feats

As Normal = 1,032,300 lb

As a super sayian = 51,615,000 lb

As s SSJ2 = 2,580,750,000 lb

As a SSJ3 = 193,556,250,000 lb

And gokus speed feats at minimum;

Normal = 3,000,000(PL) = 5,660.376 (FL)

As SSJ1 = 150,000,000(PL) = 283,018 (FL)

As SSJ2 = 7,500,000,000(PL) = 14,150,940(FL)

As SSJ3 = 562,500,000,000!!!!! (PL) = 1,061,320,500(FL)

Ok to get a pound per square inch (PSI), I need to know the force in Newton's which is mass(or force applied in this case) times acceleration, then by dividing that number with area of effect (goku fist) I can convert that into Pascal's(Pa) which is a measurement of force, and from there into psi.

We have the mass in Gokus strength above, and we have speed, but not acceleration.

To get this figure we use one of Newton's equations of acceleration, known as SUVAT.

E.G.

Which can be simplified as;

Velocity terminal(squared)/distance : initial velocity(squared) = Acceleration

Terminal velocity (V) = 299792.458 km/s (light speed) reduced to meters is 299792458 m/s or 3X10^8.

times gokus rate of speed (at this point I am going to calculate from gokus slowest form) 5,660.376

.............................( 3X10^8 ) x 5660 = 1698000000000 or 1.698 X 10^12

(s) The distance is his reach average is around 72inches or 1.8228m

And initial velocity (u) is 0 as it's a punch from a guard.

(1.698 x 10^12)^2 / 1.8228 : 0^2

2.883204x10^24 / 1.8228 : 0

1.60178 x 10^24

...........2 = 8.0089 x 10^23 m/s

So thats the acceleration of gokus lowest form.

To convert to Newton's we take gokus 1,032,300lb strength feat convert that to kg =

468,238Kg

468,238(mass) x 8.0089x10^23 = 3.750013182x10^29 N

Now to convert to pascals;

Fist size (used my own) I needed a meter square so I took the rectangle measurements of my hand and changed them to meter square.

9cm and 5cm x 2 = 28/ 4 = 7cm

So in square gokus fist would be 7cm = 0.07m

Pascal = 3.750013182x10^29N / 0.07m = 5357161688571428571428571428571.4 (pa)

Almost there chaps, now all we have to do it convert this into kpa and that into Psi.

5357161688571428571428571428571.4 / 1000 = 5357161688571428571428571428.5714 kpa

5357161688571428571428571428.5714 kpa

X

= 776,788,444,842,857,142,857,142,857.14286 PSI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's one hell of a punch, at normal.... I thank you

The other Z fighters would be within similar ranges.

Guest DataSnake

I would shy away from using power levels in your calcs, as we are not exactly sure how they relate to speed and strength. For example, Ultra Saiyan trunks has a higher power level than Perfect Cell, but is actually much slower. Also, the Daizenshuu (which is where the wiki got most of its power levels) is not necessarily canon. It is a lot more reliable to use the regular feat system and some simple math.

I would shy away from using power levels in your calcs, as we are not exactly sure how they relate to speed and strength. For example, Ultra Saiyan trunks has a higher power level than Perfect Cell, but is actually much slower. Also, the Daizenshuu (which is where the wiki got most of its power levels) is not necessarily canon. It is a lot more reliable to use the regular feat system and some simple math.

It's reliable way to show the advancement and other things. The feat system is even less reliable when dealing with DBZ.

Madness.

Somewhere, Akira Toriyama is rolling in his grave/bed.

First of all, all of your calculations are based off the fact that the DBZ Universe follows the same rules as our own Universe. That assumption is dead wrong.

For example, in your first example, you state the speed of lightning in our own Universe, and apply it to the DBZ one.

Again, this is so wrong. These Universes are almost completely different. The DBZ Universe violate basic laws of logic and nature constantly.

Just look at this! Taken straight from my blog:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tceoNqES3V4

Yep, in the above clip, Krillin faces down a giant stinky guy during the World Martial Arts Tournament. The big guy starts off well, and uses his incredible odor to dominate Krillin.

Then it happens.

Goku reminds Krillin that he doesn't have a nose, and suddenly, he isn't affected by the stench.

How? What? Uuhhgg?

Yep. Despite being able to smell it moments ago, Krillin suddenly can't smell the odor.

Which begs the question, how does he breath? If he uses his mouth, then how is he able to sleep, eat, or talk for extended periods?

Yes. Krillin has no nose.

Aphrodite is the godess of all love. Meaning it won't matter if they are male or not, In less then a thought she can turn the fight into a giant sex orgy. Her powers are not limited by sexisim.

Madness.

Somewhere, Akira Toriyama is rolling in his grave/bed.

First of all, all of your calculations are based off the fact that the DBZ Universe follows the same rules as our own Universe. That assumption is dead wrong.

For example, in your first example, you state the speed of lightning in our own Universe, and apply it to the DBZ one.

Again, this is so wrong. These Universes are almost completely different. The DBZ Universe violate basic laws of logic and nature constantly.

Just look at this! Taken straight from my blog:

Yes. Krillin has no nose.

If he doesn't have a nose how was he fazed by Bacterian's smell in the first place. I believe that was meant for comedic effect as was a lot of Dragonball (not Z).

Aphrodite is the godess of all love. Meaning it won't matter if they are male or not, In less then a thought she can turn the fight into a giant sex orgy. Her powers are not limited by sexisim.

She's not in the match anyway, first post people.

If he doesn't have a nose how was he fazed by Bacterian's smell in the first place. I believe that was meant for comedic effect as was a lot of Dragonball (not Z).

Your first example (with lightning) takes place in Dragonball.

Heck, even if you don't take that example, look at any other episode in Dragonball. How in the world did the Moon get blown up so many times without any ill effects?! And that happened in the DBZ Universe...

Would that before or after he gets beaten into a coma?

How does speed beat back madness?

EDIT: I just noticed this. You removed transmutation and Aphrodite? Two clear methods to victory for the Olympians? Hmm... B)

Heck, even if you don't take that example, look at any other episode in Dragonball. How in the world did the Moon get blown up so many times without any ill effects?! And that happened in the DBZ Universe...

Yes I belive the anwser they gave me was that there was a "Space Alien God".

Your first example (with lightning) takes place in Dragonball.

How does speed beat back madness?

EDIT: I just noticed this. You removed transmutation and Aphrodite? Two clear methods to victory for the Olympians? Hmm... B)

The Z fighters are fast enough to blitz the Olympians before they can think, let alone cause madness with their powers. I took Aphrodite because she's not a combat worthy god and there aren't twelve Z fighters. A fight by definition means that actual combat takes place.

Kami, Earth magical alien guardian watches over the Earth and would prevented any ill effects of the moon being, there's also the Dragonballs them. Dodging litning was not for comedic effect and was also cemented my Mr. Popo.

The Z fighters are fast enough to blitz the Olympians before they can think, let alone cause madness with their powers. I took Aphrodite because she's not a combat worthy god and there aren't twelve Z fighters. A fight by definition means that actual combat takes place.

Kami, Earth magical alien guardian watches over the Earth and would prevented any ill effects of the moon being, there's also the Dragonballs them. Dodging litning was not for comedic effect and was also cemented my Mr. Popo.

Do you have an actual distance between Olympus and Earth I think not.

Do you have an actual distance between Olympus and Earth I think not.

To fight they wou;d have to be in the same place at the start.

Here's my view on DBZ Speed:

In the begining of Dragon Ball Z, Goku's brother, Raditz, shows up on Earth.

raditz.jpg

Raditz is in a cult, which prevents him from cutting his hair.

Anyways, Raditz lands in the middle of nowhere and despite looking just like a regular human (except for his monkey tail), some farmer shoots him for being an alien. Raditz catches the bullet and flicks it back, killing said farmer.

Later on, a bunch of stuff happens, and Goku gets stronger. Somewhere in the Cell Saga (a time when teenagers were androids, men were men, and toilet paper was leaves), it is assumed Goku gets pretty fast, definetly in the speed of sound catagory.

Finally, after being forced to write more stories for several years, Akira Toriyama finally escapes from the forced writing camps where he was kept. The last DBZ arc airs (Buu Saga) and all is well.

In an interview, Akira tells that:

Toriyama-san: Yes I do. Doragonboru has come a long way. They went from running at super speed to moving at the speed of light! (Laughs)

Note: Link to Article: http://www.projectfanboy.com/vb/glossary.p...lossary&c=9

And that, my friends, is my two cents on DBZ speed.

Also, I hope Ivan shows up...