Hollow: 2
X-23: 5

Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

The Mythological Greek Pantheon vs the Z Fighters

Nesh

Am I not correct? Did I not find the information regarding these two gods? When I refer to the Ivanbomb, I refer to Ivan's nature of Interjecting into a debate with some form of statement that goes above and beyond the previous debator's typical knowledge. Usually Ivan's comment require the debaters in question to do some research in order to figure out what he is saying. More times than not, Ivan is correct or at least he gives you something deeper to think about. In this case, he brought up a major greek god (Cronus) and a minor god (Terminus) with little background or mythology written about him. Because of Datasnake's lack of knowledge of these two gods, he was Ivanbombed.

u did find info on these gods, but thats not what i said OMG to.

i said it to the ivanbomb comment as u saw and just explained to me..

im just saying, i keep seeing "ivan this" and "ivan that" from various peeps on here....

do u all fear(out of respect) this person.....?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a respect for Ivan/Mike's intelligence. I have a respect for Ivan's sense of humor. I'm not sure why anyone should fear him, unless they are doing something on this site they shouldn't be doing. AS for me, I feel I'm a pretty smart cookie, but personally, I would never try to debate Ivan (or Maestro) for that matter unless I had a plethora on knowledge on the subject we were debating on. He's tough. Also if you were/are involved in the FPL, you'd know that his and many others have great characters that have led to my and many others character's deaths. He beat a nearly undefeated character of mine and the best character I ever created. So yes...I respect Ivan/Mike.

I have a respect for Ivan/Mike's intelligence. I have a respect for Ivan's sense of humor. I'm not sure why anyone should fear him, unless they are doing something on this site they shouldn't be doing. AS for me, I feel I'm a pretty smart cookie, but personally, I would never try to debate Ivan (or Maestro) for that matter unless I had a plethora on knowledge on the subject we were debating on. He's tough. Also if you were/are involved in the FPL, you'd know that his and many others have great characters that have led to my and many others character's deaths. So yes...I respect Ivan/Mike.

i see....

sorry that i dont feel the same way........

however, i am interested in this FPL u speak of....

Try harder or you'll be forever a victim of the Ivanbomb.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terminus_(god)

http://www.probertencyclopaedia.com/browse/D1T.HTM

"According to the dominant scholarly view during the late 19th and much of the 20th century, was originally, directed towards spirits associated with specific objects or activities which were only later perceived as gods with independent personal existence. Terminus, with his lack of mythology and his close association with a physical object, seemed a clear example of a deity who had developed little from such a stage"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cronus

http://www.theoi.com/Titan/TitanKronos.html

The thing is neither were in this match.

Guest DataSnake

The other thing is, I was not referring to the existence of Chronos, I was referring to the fact that there does not seem to be a myth in which Chronos and Terminus interact. Also, despite the existence of Chronos, all the myths presuppose that the Greek pantheon exists within time (consistency was not the ancient Greeks' strong suit), and there is even some evidence of non-powered humans surviving against them, albeit not in face-to-face confrontation, and even occasionally outsmarting them. For instance, Odysseus survives a run-in with Poseidon. I doubt he would do so well in an encounter with Zoom (who DOES exist outside of the timestream).

I chose the specific interaction because I had seen it in a printout handed to me by Dr. Kolasis when I took an Intro level class in Mythology. I actually did a google search before I posted because I had hoped to link to it, no such luck. It is apparently even more obscure than I realized, which is fine because that point doesn't matter. I was decrying the habit of CBUBers to favor superpowers over inherent divinity because they think arguing about the characters "feats" is somehow more fun than telling stories with them. Truth be told, anyone who can't come up with reasons why either side could possibly win (in any scenario, not just DBZ fanboy circlejerks,) doesn't really understand the point of CBUB to begin with.

Also Zoom? Really? Because Extant was busy? I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're referring to Eobard Thawn and not Hunter Zoloman (otherwise I get to make fun of you.)

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're referring to Eobard Thawn and not Hunter Zoloman (otherwise I get to make fun of you.)

I knew it would happen eventually...

Zolomon is spelled with an O! An O! Woo!

Success-1.jpg