Agent L: 4

Rumble 20577 Baraka vs. Kollector
MATCH SCORE
Baraka: 3
Kollector: 2

CBUB Fantasy Teams Season 2

Fox

Guest KibaxHinata

What, no one picked Chuck Norris or the Most Interesting Man in the World for Slot 6? :P

They are still nothing to Morgan Freeman, heck the guy who picked Bruce Lee basically has the "I Win" card.  :lol:

Couple of notes:

Season two will be much longer than season one.  It's going to go on several weeks and Rounds which is why I was trying to ensure everyone who wanted to play got in.

UMPIRE (the Universal Match Processing Instant Responder Engine)  will lean heavily towards matching characters that have won a match against other match winners and characters that have lost a match against other match losers. 

So, if you lost a match it doesn't mean you need to immediately Bench the character because you'll end up facing other characters which lost their match as well. 

Conversely, a winner is going to go up against other winners in the Slot and that probably means tougher competition.  If you feel your win was a fluke in a particular slot you might want to Bench for a round or two and maybe you'll get placed in with the back of the pack in that slot and get another win later.

Of course a lot of it is very random - which of your slots is chosen to compete and who you face off against - but UMPIRE will generally pick winning characters first because the natural result will be that one of the two is going to take a loss and fall back.

If you Win the first round, for example, you can pretty much bet money that character is going back in again for round 2 against other Winners (if any).  If you lose Round 1, UMPIRE will probably draw a character from your other slots which has no record.  UMPIRE will always favor throwing your winners out, then your un-played characters, and then your losers up to a point. 

Guest Shockwave

I have Chuck for my martial art pick. Everyone else might as just quit.  :P

Really?

BRUCE LEE PWNS HIM!

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Just a heads up... I think I am going to do something a little different this season.

The matches last three days, but I may start a new round after a couple days while an existing round is still going.  So there may be some overlap for a day while two rounds are still accepting votes.  

Well now, I was totally unaware that this thread existed... until just informed of it on Mibbit by a snarky Nova. I just kept checking the CBUB Season Draft Matches topic for any updates... Advanced Warning only helps when it's not in another country....

You know that is weird.  I Ran the thing on the big Forum Ad slider for like a week trying to tell people the Season 2 was coming.

We had another person I let draft a team just today who also did not know.

Well, look.  There Has to be an even number of teams (which there currently is) and the teams have to run in the first round (which is in progress).

If you want a team, and you can get someone else to enter the season also, and you'll both draft TODAY then I can get you in.

1) I can't see the forum slider thingy for some reason... it's on and off, and idk what governs it's cycle of me being able to see it.

2) Nova is Snarky

3) It's alright, I'll wait it out for season 3

So...how are the match-ups being determined if they're decided before the previous rounds are over?

UMPIRE works with the characters that are not in matches.  So in this case, round 2, all it had to work with were characters with no record.

Round 1 gets pulled in tomorrow and it will work with the results of that round along with any characters (of which there are a crap ton) that have not seen any action and are not in a match.

Guest Omega11

Thanks for the quick response! I like that there will be two characters on each team fighting at once, this way a player can't ride out just one dominant character all of the way to the team rounds.

Which brings me to my next question: Will characters from the Bringing the teams laffs slot be allowed to participate in the team rounds? I ask because there was no power restrictions for characters in that slot, which is fine when they're paired against each-other in comedy battles, but if they're allowed to take part in team battles then someone might have a serious advantage if it's someone like Bat-Mite or Genie from Aladdin.

Thanks for the quick response! I like that there will be two characters on each team fighting at once, this way a player can't ride out just one dominant character all of the way to the team rounds.

Which brings me to my next question: Will characters from the Bringing the teams laffs slot be allowed to participate in the team rounds? I ask because there was no power restrictions for characters in that slot, which is fine when they're paired against each-other in comedy battles, but if they're allowed to take part in team battles then someone might have a serious advantage if it's someone like Bat-Mite or Genie from Aladdin.

That's not up to UMPIRE.  He only plays characters which are NOT benched, which includes team battles.  How a player organizes their team for play and their bench is up to them.

Guest badpierce

Fox, will we ever get to the point where all 5 members are fighting In matches at the same time? Then a season could just be when every member has fought everyone in there category. It would be exciting but maybe over kill. Also maybe the bench plays would make it uneven and hard to do. Just curious.

Fox, will we ever get to the point where all 5 members are fighting In matches at the same time? Then a season could just be when every member has fought everyone in there category. It would be exciting but maybe over kill. Also maybe the bench plays would make it uneven and hard to do. Just curious.

You mean a 5 vs. 5 team match?  Yeah those happen after the individual rounds among the teams with the most points.

Guest badpierce

You mean a 5 vs. 5 team match?  Yeah those happen after the individual rounds among the teams with the most points.

No, I was thinking every active member of the team having a single match at the same time. So that every character battles every other character in their "slot". So say S3:1 would have 5 times the amount of matches.