Jackson Storm: 0

Archangel vs. Gambit
MATCH SCORE
Archangel: 1
Gambit: 4

CBUB Fantasy Draft Game FAQ

Fox

Here's how it works.

We call this game the "fantasy draft" which was a term coined for it by Bigballerju

A Season

The game runs in a season which is probably a couple months.  There is an open draft period where players select their teams.  Following that, the teams are locked and compete.

Select A Team

A team has Ten members.  Each member occupies a Slot which is kind of like a "position" in sports.

For example, if this were a "Fantasy Baseball" game some Slots might be "Pitcher", "Catcher", "Right Field". 

In the CBUB Fantasy Draft some example slots might be "A Cartoon Character", "A Spaceship", "A Marvel Super-Hero".

OK, you get the idea. 

The Slots will be determined season to season and will probably vary wildly.  Considering that there are hundreds of characters in the CBUB Database to use an Admin will verify each team to ensure all the characters in the team meet the definition of their Slot before the season begins.  This will happen during the Open Draft period.

A player may have Five active team characters and Two on the Bench.  Players may swap their characters to and from the bench during the season at will.

If a player has selected a character which turns out to be a dud, they can bring a character which may do better off the Bench.

Individual Contests

When the season begins, the player's chosen characters will be thrown into contests with other characters of the same Slot Type.  These matches are random.

If "A Spaceship" was a Slot, for example, all the Spaceships would have matches.  All the Slot Types will be matched up against their like.

The match making program will attempt to NOT have characters match-up against the same character more than once.

Winning these contests gets the players team points.

A round lasts Three Days.  The Individual Contests will last Ten (or More) rounds.  Most of the Season will be Individual Rounds.

Team Contests

The players with the most points coming out of the Individual Rounds will move to the Team Rounds.  All other players will be removed from play.  Better luck with your team choice next season.

There will follow Two (or more) rounds of Team vs. Team match-ups.  (5 vs. 5).

The player which comes out on top wins the season.

For the Individual Match round a win is worth 10 points.  A loss is worth nothing.

The Team Rounds do not have points.  Winning the match is all.

Winning

The winning player will have

A. Accumulated enough points from their team to be in with the lead players.

B. Win both all their Team Match rounds

Miscellaneous

Each season will have an MVP character - the character which accumulated the most points.

Characters will have season win / loss stats on their character sheet for every season they were selected and used.

Team Pages with the season stats of each team and their members will be a permanent addition to the CBUB to be looked at and admired by future generations.

Thanks!

Guest Incredible Hulk

Man I can't wait to see how this turns out :)  It sounds like it will be pretty cool

One concern though, is how will match set-ups be made? Will it be like a joint effort between the two people who have their character facing off, by pming each other?

One concern though, is how will match set-ups be made? Will it be like a joint effort between the two people who have their character facing off, by pming each other?

Match-ups will be made by the Match Making Program (code name: Umpire).  That is, the whole thing is automated.

Umpire will not be adding any great Scenarios to the opening post, so they are pretty much like rumbles.  Here's two characters, who wins, kind of a thing.

Guest bigballerju

Nice the automated system is the best way to go since that's how fantasy sports do it anyways. This sounds great.

Now all we need is some more volunteers for Fantasy Draft Game admins...

Sounds awesome Fox. But, was this supposed to show up in the FPL?

Seems my question has been quietly answered.

Depends on the time commitment you're looking for. Also the level of intelligence you need. I probably lack both, but if I don't, then

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m11ijhXgTw1r2rk5e.gif

Guest Incredible Hulk

I wouldn't mind volunteering to be a Fantasy Draft Game admin. Although I'm probably too new to this site (haven't been here long enough) to be considered for it which is completely understandable if you think so also

Guest ninjafan14

I'm a new member here and after seeing this, I'm glad I come in time for this. This is going to be very fun and interesting. :)

Guest bigballerju

I'm a new member here and after seeing this, I'm glad I come in time for this. This is going to be very fun and interesting. :)

Welcome to CBUB. Looks like it's working already.

Guest potterpuppetpals

I have a question. How do spaceships count as characters? Are there characters inside the spaceship controlling it?

I have a question. How do spaceships count as characters? Are there characters inside the spaceship controlling it?

Er...  Well, you know.  If "A Spaceship" was a slot then I guess we would just assume it had its normal crew piloting it.

Guest tomisntblue

Are there any ground rules about the stipulations of each fight? Things like "prep time" "victory conditions" or "standard vs special equipment"? Or is it just going to be a "bring up whatever points you want to make for your character" type thing?

Are there any ground rules about the stipulations of each fight? Things like "prep time" "victory conditions" or "standard vs special equipment"? Or is it just going to be a "bring up whatever points you want to make for your character" type thing?

The automated system will create a match, but it is not going to put any type of stipulations into the set-up.  It is very much a bring-up any points wou want to make about the character kind of a thing.

You may have already answered this but I missed it but what thread will the season battles take place in?

Guest stargazer69

So what is going to determaine the winner? is it going to be based of votes or just randomized by the automatic syetem?

Guest stargazer69

wow you are like across the river from me xD. I am super stoked for it. my friends are intrested in it too. I reviewed the teams and this is going to be so amazing <3

• 2 weeks later...

So do I send a pm to someone? How do I submit my team exactly?

Show up on draft day and Log In.  In your CBUB Control Panel you will find an option (button) to draft your team.

Anyone who presses that button may draft a team at their leisure.  The team will be reviewed by the Admins for compliance.  Just by pressing the button you have a team slot.  You then have a few days to fill out your team.  Keep in mind, however, that when a character is chosen it is no longer available for anyone else to select.

When enough people have logged in and pressed the button, the draft will end and the button will no longer be shown.

Guest badpierce

How long do I have to wait until I know my team members are approved? if they are not what then? will I get an email or will it show up on my front page? Is there a way to preapprove characters with out giving a way who you want to pick? Like is it ok to email a judge to ask if a character is an exceptable power level with out giving everyone the idea to draft said character?